March 2020 Moms
Options

Trigger warning

13andrea3113andrea31 member
edited July 2019 in March 2020 Moms
Hi mommas...prayers for all.i am 37 y.o...I had a mc in January, I had a ruptured cyst and only knew for 2 days before I mc at 5 weeks..it was the worse feeling ..the fact that it happened has made me more anxious and worried for this pregnancy. According to Google I thought I was at 8 weeks today but when I went to Dr Monday she said more like 6... I've been super careful and cautious. The only problem is I've been on crutches 5 weeks and unsure if I have over exerted myself... The first doctor I had handled my mc horribly and I switched to another who was very talkative but no checks or anything...I'm on my 3rd Dr since January and I am at 6 weeks 5 days...yesterday I had brownish spotting which I know is normal but I wanted to check..the doctor mentioned that since it's early it can be considered at threatened miscarriage and there is still a flicker (heartbeat).. today there was bright red and after an hour of waiting to be called back by the on call Dr, a difft Dr,.the on call Dr said there is nothing I can do..it will either be viable and get past 12 weeks or I will mc...I asked if I should go to er and she basically said there is no point for me to waste hours there because nothing anyone can do...I'm trying to relax and remain hopeful and unstressed but I have no idea what to do... I really hope the rainbow baby is ok... I have no idea what I should do. Thank you all. And prayers to all. 

Much love to all

Re: Trigger warning

• Options
    First, I'm so sorry it sounds like your doctors have been unsupportive. I had to hunt to find the right fit before my son (now 3) was born. Keep looking, you deserve a team that's got your back and hears your concerns.

Second, your title caught my eye because I was going through my doc notes over the last month and I noticed they marked the purpose of one of my visits after some spotting as "threatened miscarriage." It was kind of jarring but also made sense because I had pink, bright red, then brownish spotting over a week I wanted to talk to the doc about. He checked on an ultrasound and could see a sac at 5 weeks but no pole, he ordered HCG tests and 2 follow up ultrasounds to make sure it progressed. Baby is good now at 8 weeks.  Waiting between appointments was really hard, I was scared. But at least I knew my doc was doing what he could to get answers. 

I would push hard for a follow up apt in a week or two or move on to a new doctor. It is not unreasonable to want to make sure everything is ok, especially given your history. 

Hope this helps. Hang in there ❤️
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss! I can imagine how scared and anxious you must be feeling with your rainbow baby! I don’t know about you but I’m a total control freak so not having control drives me cray. Always wanting to be a step ahead but with pregnancy unfortunately you can’t. My OB doesn’t even do HCG or progesterone testing, they say even if they do there’s nothing that can be done if I will MC. I have very mixed feelings about that, but tell myself that really whatever is meant to be will be. Stay hopeful! Sending positive thoughts and hope for you to have a sticky sticky bean! ❤️
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much. To make things more crazy my husband got in a car accident an hour after this post. He's ok but we were in er from 730pm to 450am. Finally got some rest. I am glad your first baby and your current baby are doing well... I was so shocked after he used that word that I flaked on asking what happens if things change or what is the emergency number. My next appt is 8/7 but i may call earlier than that and see what they say... They actually labeled it threatened abortion... The worse part is I tried to go to a Dr that is allowed to go to Winthrop hospital because God forbid they have the best neonatal unit but the way the on call Dr was was awful. They took over an hour to call me back after a 20 minute hold..then she was like I tried calling back but number was busy but how I was on a cell phone and the phone was on the car dashboard being untouched and stated at.
    I've even gone crazy on Google trying to make sure what goes on my body like soaps etc...I hope me being on crutches did not do anything. Thank you for your words of advise .. prayers to st Gerard for us and our babies 
  • Options
    ::not related:: You may want to edit your title to include Trigger Warning, or TW, for those who are sensitive about what you are experiencing. Also, if you continue to have issues, you can post in the Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread and may get more responses than a one off post. ::end::

In my opinion, your doctor actually gave you sound advice on the bleeding on the weekend front. As awful and scary as it is, there is nothing they can do at the ED to stop a MC if it’s happening. You will spend thousands of dollars for care that won’t help anything. Please know I say that with as much compassion as I can muster, but with experience under my belt. I’ve had bleeding with all 3 of my previous pregnancies and had to wait a 4 day holiday weekend to go in office during one of the episodes and DH is an ED provider. I would call first thing Monday for an appointment. If they won’t grieve you that, then there is reason for concern. 

Threatened Miscarriage/Threatened Abortion is just the medical term that they have to use. Again, since there is no way of knowing exactly what’s going on, bleeding during the first trimester is automatically a threatened miscarriage. It’s just the terminology. 

If this bleeding is a sign of a pending loss, please don’t blame yourself. Crutches, cysts, stress, bleeding, etc. is what it is, but there is nothing we can do to stop a loss. It just is. 

Fingers crossed you can get some answers Monday and are able to rest this afternoon and evening. 

Me: 31 | DH: 33

DS1: 12.23.13 | DS2: 05.06.16

BFP: 06.30.19 | EDD: 3.9.20

**TW**
    TTC3: 11.18
    BFP: 02.05.19
    CP: 03.07.19
    *really traumatic recovery*

• Options
    Hi. Thank you so much. I appreciate this post comment. Thank you