Trouble TTC

TTTC Check-in: 07/22/2019

edited July 2019 in Trouble TTC
Good morning everyone! 

As always, please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. 

QOTW: If you had one extra hour in your day, how would you fill it? 

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone
cigaline: Dx: unexplained/MFI Rx: IUI
sincethelastday: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

PAGING:

@aeb1116: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
@allisona66: dx: waiting for testing
@amac2313: dx: unknown Rx: Clomid
@Asampson87: dx: unexplained + MFI  Rx: metformin + testing
@Bgreenfield10: dx: anovulatory PCOS, LPD Rx: Clomid + trigger
@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing
@BenJay: Dx: PCOS/unexplained Rx. Metformin + supplements
@beec2421: dx: PCOS, hypothyroidism Rx: metformin, synthroid, clomid
@bbtobumpie - dx: irregular cycles, in testing. Rx: pending.
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@ChristenMA83 : dx: MFI Rx: IVF w/ISCI
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid
@courtneyh2013: dx: MFI Rx: IUI + clomid
@drewsdarlin: dx: RPL, PCOS, Hashimotos, low vitamin D and Iron RX: ?
@echocharlietango: dx: Unexplained Rx: trying naturally
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin
@floridanursegirl: dx: unexplained anovulation Rx:Metformin, IUI+Femara+trigger
@fluffybookworm: dx: Anovulation + insulin resistance Rx: Metformin + prometrium + testing
@hannahlce: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin + letrozole
@Happyin14: dx: unexplained, RPL Rx: IVF
@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IVF
@jrm_14: dx: Adrenal/overian insufficiency, Borderline-low AMH, Low progesterone Rx: IUI w/ injectables.
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@kgabhart: dx: Unexplained/PCOS  Rx: letrozole + IUI
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@Knottie1467155066: dx: unknown Rx: letrozole + trigger + TI
@kls2016 - dx: in testing. Rx: pending.
@ladystout08: dx: unknown Rx: waiting for testing
@leafyarch: dx: MFI, no thyroid Rx: IVF
@linz36: dx: Low AFC, MFI  Rx: testing/IUI
@manhattanmama2: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
@mirabelle33: dx: endometriosis/endometrioma, DOR, AMA, Rx: IVF
@meganttc3: dx: PCOS, unexplained Rx: waiting to test
@mrsjcrane: dx: unexplained Rx: femara + trigger + TI + 2nd HCG booster
@mighty-mouse: dx:pcos & HA Rx: provera/letrozole + trigger
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@MicahDahn: Dx: irregular cycles Rx: preparing for testing
@moloninge Dx:PCOS, hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, fibroids. Rx:Metformin,Synthroid,IUI w/letrozole, ovidrel, and progesterone.
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@nurseerin2012: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole + IUI
@oklahomak: dx: PCOS Rx: metformin/letrozole/estradiol/progesterone+ trigger
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@rmarble23: dx: MFI Rx: IVF
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@serownarain: dx: in testing
@sarahven dx:anovulation and PCOS. Rx: femara
@sailorariel - dx: fibroids. Rx: fibroid removal surgery.
@wishing-and-hoping: dx: unexplained rx: poss. IVF

@chiblackhawkie - rx: IUI 

@Knottie1458606415  - Dx: unexplained and MFI  rx: Letrozole + trigger + TI 

@estherjvb - Dx: endometriosis Rx: Lupron

@nancinator - Dx: unexplained  Rx: IVF

@ladyava - Dx: PCOS

@cat765_8 - Dx: endometriosis, fibroids, adenomyosis Rx: TI 

@blackrose-9 - Dx: PCOS Rx: Femara

@hithertorue - Dx: Low AMH/MFI Rx: IUI         

@2dogsmom - Dx: ovulation dysfunction Rx: IUI

@sara_tory: Dx: PCOS, endometriosis, adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

@ase33 - Dx: PCOS, complex endometrial hyperplasia, amenorrhea Rx: Femara + TI

@littleredm - Dx: endometriosis/unexplained Rx: IVF

@optimism3 - Dx: endometriosis, Hashi’s, possibly adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

@olivklau - Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

@knockupthestock - Dx: PCOS Rx: Letrozole, dexa, Clomid, trigger, progesterone, and TI.

NEWCOMERS:To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your treatment plan?   

Re: TTTC Check-in: 07/22/2019

• Happy Monday ladies!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. 

I updated last week's thread with a note that we had a negative beta yesterday. Already scheduled for Day 3 Ultrasound and BW on Wednesday morning. So moving on and hoping #4 IUI will do the trick.

This cycle I am adding in 2 new supplements/drug: DHEA 25mg dose x 3 per day, and Ubiquinol (CoQ10), both to hopefully help with egg supply and quality. Thinking that this may be the issue. Likely neither will help this cycle but it's also putting things in place if we end up the IVF route.

In our checkup we had with our OB she had said my estrogen was also low in the last 3 IUI cycles so we are also cutting letrozole down to 1.25mg dose. 

I am really dreading even looking at IVF both for cost and the big unknown factor. I feel right now like I did before starting IUI... slightly freaked out and hoping that what we are doing now works before we need to go there. 

End rant/vent.

QOTW: I'd fit more relaxation stuff into my day: meditating,  reading,  sitting on the deck with a tea... 
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • @hithertorue - I’m so sorry to hear that your third IUI didn’t result in a positive  :'(:'( I was really hoping for you that that was going to be the one! I’m really hoping that the changes you’re making with meds does the trick. It sucks, but sometimes it takes the doctors some trial and error with a treatment plan before they get it right. Wishing and praying that IUI #4 will be the one and that you won’t have to move onto IVF!!  <3

AFM: Had my 6 week ultrasound today and everything is looking good size-wise and heart beat-wise! And just the one baby, which was a bit of a relief as I had three good follicles and a fourth one that was also pretty good, so relieved not getting triplets or quadruplets! I’ve technically graduated from my RE now and am now just waiting to get seen by an OB. 

It’s hard for me to say this, but I think it’s the right time for me to be moving on. Again, a very big THANK YOU to you ladies for helping me get through a very difficult phase in my life! I am going to be lurking BIG time on here to see how you’re all doing and to continue sending you a bunch of good fortune and good luck!! Hope that you all get your BFT super soon!!  <3<3

(Needless to say, if someone or a couple of people want to take up starting the weekly check-in, that would be awesome!) 

• Loading the player...
  • @hithertorue — I’m super sorry to hear you got a negative. I was hoping with 4 you would get the positive, but hopefully the meds will be balanced and right for this next round!!  I feel the same way about IVF, so hoping we don’t have to go there because it’s  daunting. 

I am so happy to hear all is going well for you @sincethelastday — 1 healthy baby is exactly what you want. Congrats on graduating back to your OB. And we will miss you but understand the need to move on. I’m out of town next Monday but would be happy to take on the check in thread after that. 

AFM: I’m on day 13 of my 3 week wait.... we left town this past weekend and they weren’t willing to do the beta test before we left so if I haven’t had a period we will test when we get back. I’m sooo tempted to take a home test but I know the trigger shot can give a false positive reading and I think false positive is worse than not knowing. At least we are visiting family that doesn’t have kids and are smart enough not to ask us about them either, so hopefully I can not think about it tooo much. 

QOTW: I would try to get more of the housework done M-F so we could do more daytrips and fun stuff on weekends. I always try to fit it in, but I’m usually just too tired and it’s too late during the week. 

• @hithertorue so sorry the last cycle didn’t work. I know exactly how you feel about dreading ivf and the costs as I was there just a few months back. Now that I’m past the egg retrieval stage and had a very successful outcome, I’m almost glad I did it because I feel like I have plenty of embryos for future kids as insurance. 

@sincethelastday ❤️ Thanks for being so diligent with starting the threads every Monday! We will miss you!

@2dogsmom I agree - testing at home might fuel the anxiety. Hope you have a relaxing time away! And fingers crossed for a positive. 

Im having my transfer on Sunday. So pumped!! A little nervous 😬 
  • @nancinator everything crossed for you and hope you get your BFP this round!! Do they test on a different timeline with IVF?

Thanks for the encouragement ladies.

I am completely bummed out right now. Day 3 scans showed one lonely little immature follicle on the left and only four on the right. 5 total. My Antral Follicle Counts have been falling since starting IUI's and this is the lowest it's ever been. I just read that if this were an IVF ER cycle they would cancel the cycle. 

So that really was disheartening to see at the outset of a cycle. I guess it is good that we added on supplements to help with egg quality and quantity this cycle though it might not help for a few cycles. I think at our August 12th review my questions to the dr will be about whether we do more IUI or take a break or timed intercourse without drugs if we aren't successful this cycle to see if we can get counts up before even considering IVF and an ER.

Ugh. I just want to cry today.

I also am feeling pretty hormonal in general the last couple days. A bit irritable and emotional. I don't know if it's the negative result just emotionally lingering or the addition of the DHEA.... I guess no one has tried that here??
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • hey there everyone!! hope everyone's week is going well so far!

@hithertorue my heart is just so sad for you. i know you were so hopeful (and we all were for you!) but FX for this next IUI! hopefully the new adjustments to your medicine help. i can totally understand dreading IVF...it's so daunting. hopefully you wont need to do that, but if you do, i know youll rock it!

@sincethelastday so glad things are going well for you! we will miss you but understand your graduation. 

@2dogsmom so sorry you couldnt get a beta before you left! i would agree that you shouldnt test at home....that false positive would be so hard to deal with. hang in there! the time will hopefully pass much faster since youre on vacation!

@nancinator yay for your transfer on Sunday! praying it goes well for you.

AFM: DH and I got back last night from our little vacation with my parents. it was a lot of fun and a good way to spend part of our TWW. my mom did make comments like "maybe if you lost weight you could get pregnant" and "maybe you cant get pregnant because your body is telling you to be healthier and lose weight first". so that was frustrating. our beta is monday so we are just awaiting that to see if TI cycle #3 worked! im trying not to symptom spot too much. i've had so many zits pop up, and i told DH that it could mean i'm PMSing and he was like "or it means youre pregnant!!!" haha so he's symptom spotting more than me :P 
    married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• @hithertorue we must've been posting at the same time, as I just saw your post! i am so so sorry. that is so hard. im praying extra hard for you today and this week. i havent used DHEA so i couldnt comment on side effects, but it looks like DHEA affects hormones, which i would imagine would affect mood. hang in there, friend! if you need to cry, cry! do something to treat yourself...you're going through a lot! we are here if you need anything.  <3
    married to DH on March 15, 2018 <3 TTC since May 2018
    dx: PCOS, hypothroidism <3 tx: timed intercourse with meds (dexa, clomid, letrozole, metformin, trigger shots)
    First TTGP: 5/9/19 BFN, 6/21/19 BFN, 7/29/19 BFN, 8/1/19 started a break from tx, 11/16/19 surprised with a BFP! LO born 7/7/20
    Second TTGP: started meds for first cycle of tx on 10/13/21

• @hithertorue oh no!! That's such tough news, my heart breaks for you! ❤️

@knockupthestock I hope you get good results on Monday!

@sincethelastday glad to see that everything is progressing well for you!

@nancinator GL with your transfer! So exciting! I'm getting pumped for mine come September!

AFM, nothing new, just started the 2nd round of BC. I said f*ck to the appeal for the lupron so I'm paying OOP for it. Sucks, but the total cost of all the meds ended up not being too bad. Working on staying positive for the next 2 months for success 🙂

QOTW: If you had one extra hour in your day, how would you fill it? 
    I would probably dedicate the hour to working out or doing yoga. Or I would use it for more sleep hehe
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @nancinator yay! Good luck tomorrow!! I hope it goes smoothly!! Will be thinking of you! When do you get to test/find out if it worked? 

@hithertorue I am so sorry to hear you’re having such a rough time. I hope the supplements help and that Aug 12th can bring you a step in the right direction. I actually think I’m going to ask my Dr about supplements too — I want to be more aggressive with treatment. Just know we are here for you to cry with. In fact today we can literally cry together if you need because this whole process is just so damn frustrating! 

@knockupthestock FX for you for Monday!! 

@inthewoods23 I have had to pay OOP for everything too, it sucks. One more totally unfair part of IF. Glad your costs weren’t too bad. 

My update — started AF today. Actually cried a bit, I knew it was a long shot but I was really hoping this would be the one because I am 18 days post trigger shot and my Dr had said to except AF 14-16 days after if I was going to get it so I got my hopes up.  I also got the bill yesterday, $1,300 & that doesn’t include the cost of the meds.  Sorry to ask this, but other people in the US doing IUI does that seem right? It’s soo expensive. Anyway vent over.