Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekly Randoms w/o 7/22

13»

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 7/22

• bows22bows22 member
    @begging4abump mine came to my inbox
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    @begging4abump you get a message to your inbox saying you got a warning. From what I can tell nothing else happens (I tried to see if I could start a discussion and I could) but not 100% sure. I don’t know what the abuse points are for either 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Loading the player...
  • bows22bows22 member
    I've never been warned before. This is kind of exhilarating, but also my need to always follow the rules is freaking out a little bit right now. 
    Ditto!
  • @emeraldduchess My SIL calls it brother finger from some other preschool song. It’s very Mr. Rogers to sing those songs. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @shamrocandroll I've seen bits and pieces of the trailer.  I love Tom Hanks, the man is a national treasure!
  • @shamrocandroll I saw the trailer and got choked up. 
  • edited July 2019
    It all depends on their mood or who's on vacation or whatever. I never got a warning when I used a gif to call kmorales a B. 🤷 Js<div>
    1st Tri girl must mean progesterone?  I can't brain the dates she's talking about.  You would start estrogen priming in the first half of your cycle, butit sounds like she's saying she hasn't got AF yet since her retrieval.  They would need to be doing FET with embryos from a previous cycle (instead of fresh transfer), have started PROGESTERONE already, and then maybe she's getting an evap or whatever from her TRIGGER??? 🤦. I have no idea, but that's about as close as I can come to making sense of it.

How is everybody's weekend????  DH is busy giving me cr#& for hanging out on my phone, while he hangs out on his phone, doing very important antivirus stuff. :/ Sure.

Oh!  To the Elizabeth Warren thing, I haven't seen it, but that sounds pretty horrible.  I swear that's exactly their intention to de-incentivise marriage on a societal level and undermine the concept of FAMILY.  Ughhhh like really, let's all just be roommates for tax reasons?  It's so sick, imho

Etfix autocorrect goofs</div>
  • edited July 2019
    @b_1029 She didn't actually ask what was wrong with you and YH, did she!? 😱

ETA tag 
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @b_1029 she just casually used the phrase "What's wrong with you and YH?" Holy insensitivity, Batman! 
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    @emeraldduchess people are crazy man. I guess you never know till you’ve had to try more than 5 seconds 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m sure she didn’t mean it rudely but I took it that way.
  • WTF @b_1029?! I know usually people are well-meaning but as @emeraldduchess said, somebody clearly needs some sensitivity training. Extra hugs, friend! 
  • Wow, I had no idea people were getting warnings and things from the rude drive by people on here this past week! I'm sort of happy I didn't say anything, but really enjoyed the comments others were giving! Thank you for speaking your mind everyone who did! 
    Love the gifs @dpchickens
  • @b_1029 Ugh. I hate that person. It’s not okay to ask questions like that. I feel like anyone who has any idea how IF works knows that it’s frequently unexplained. I’m so sorry she talked to you that way. Head up. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    @shoogapoff gosh I’m so sorry that happened to you. Getting caught off guard is bad in general, let alone in person. 
  • @shoogapoff I am so sorry you had to deal with that. Being blind-sided by IRL and in-person announcements sucks.  <3

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin
    despicable me what GIF
    You must be thinking of my 'friend'... I would NEVER... :wink:

@meggyme and @harpseal135 YGPM.
  • bows22bows22 member
    @b_1029 wtf? good grief. I know people don’t know what to say sometimes but like, that’s not a normal thing to ask. 

@shoogapoff I’m so sorry you got blindsided today. I’m also going to give a wtf to people asking specifically if that’s why you were upset. Definitely very nice of them to reach out and say something kind but no questions please. I hope you are feeling better. 
  • @shoogapoff I had a similar experience a while back. Our pastor was telling the story of how he ended up adopting his son, but it included a lot of information about their IF journey and the decision not to do IVF and I just lost it. I had to leave and waited for DH outside because we were ushering that week, so we couldn’t both leave. It really sucks when something public causes that reaction. It also really sucks when people think they are helping and just ask all the wrong questions. I’m so sorry that it happened to you like that. Lots of hugs your way. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @b_1029 @BusinessWife - The Warren thing was about her student loan debt forgiveness proposal...individuals making $50,000/households making $100,000 and under could get $50,000 in debt relief. But people making above that amount (up to $250K/household) would be eligible for forgiveness too - it would just be on a sliding scale. :)
  • @b_1029 I’m sorry, even if they were just curious/interested, that’s still a very sensitive thing to ask about! 

@shoogapoff I’m so sorry you had to go through that this morning! It sucks when you are completely blind-sided like that! 
  • Thanks @bows22 @emeraldduchess @b_1029 for your empathy. And @mvt2003 @mercury94 thanks for sharing your experiences. Those both sound awful!