December 2019 Moms

Weekly randoms 7/22 - 7/28

Re: Weekly randoms 7/22 - 7/28

• It took every trick in the book, but I managed to get my wedding ring off, thank god. I'm not even swelling yet, but I started this pregnancy about 12lbs heavier than when I put it back on after the last one, and probably about 25lbs more than when I originally had it made.
  • @CapricaAndrea I took mine off last week and switched to my silicone band. It feels so much better.
  • Loading the player...
  • @CapricaAndrea @k_mama91
    haha I am having the same issue! I have no clue how much weight I've put on yet, but the summer heat+pregnancy is not agreeing with my fingers! I switched mine over as well with another ring!
  • Made this for dinner tonight. It was spicy, but delicious!  This site has some awesome recipes if anyone is looking for some new material. ;)

https://pinchofyum.com/sticky-garlic-chicken-broccoli

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• @McKBaby - that looks delicious! 

I bought a Snoogle today in my first ever Varage Sale purchase! So excited to try it out tonight. 
  • @k_mama91 @ktmaesim Yeah I got a silicone band, but I guess I overestimated in measuring (since my other ring was still on) and it's a size too big. So I'll have to exchange it. Just super relieved I managed to get it off, it was looking kinda iffy there for a while...
  • ninrmsninrms member
    @McKBaby Yum--thank you for posting that recipe! I love that blog!! I just pulled up my bookmarks to see what I've made from there, and I have *way* more saved than I've made! My favorite is her red curry lentils--have you tried that one? It was a staple in our house for a while!
  • A meal prep thread would be awesome!  That saved me in my last pregnancy.  We had a freezer full of meals before the baby came and I'm not sure we would have eaten the first few weeks otherwise! 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• ninrmsninrms member
    @anniemarie887 Halfbaked is my other favorite food blog!!! <3 I'd love a recipe/meal prep thread! I love to cook, but I haven't figured out how to freeze meals effectively yet....
  • ninrmsninrms member
    Holy smokes. So, remember, I live really far from a large city--my town is 1200, and I'm a little over two hours to the nearest OB. I'm also new to this area; have only lived in this town for a year, and in this state for about 4. 

I asked a fellow teacher, who'd recently given birth, if she had any OB recommendations. She gave me a name, and I didn't really have anything to compare the two hospitals that are in our closest city, so I decided to go with her. I have my first appointment scheduled with her on 8/12, which is the same day I'm supposed to get my anatomy scan (since it's a 2+ hr drive).

I just got a phone call asking me to reschedule because this OB has breast cancer (oh my god, I feel terrible), so she's taking a leave of absence. I was able to reschedule for the same day. After I got off the phone, I realized I should probably make sure the new appointment time with the new OB doesn't conflict with my ultrasound...so I call back, and they're like, "Uhh, you don't have an ultrasound scheduled that day." And I *know* I did, because I got the call confirming my appointment and check-in time.

So now I'm waiting to hear from the ultrasound department to see if I can still get an appointment that same day....And I really hope I do, because my husband took the day off work so that he can be with me at this appointment. And, more importantly, neither of us want to drive an extra 5 hours to come down on a different day if we don't have to!
  • @ninrms Oh wow, that's a whole lot! Fingers crossed you can get the US that same day! I grew up in a town of about 1500 that was 3 hours from the nearest city, so I completely understand not wanting to take an entire extra day to get this done!
  • @ninrms Yikes!  I hope that can get you in on the same day. I’ll keep my fingers crossed. 

I’m not a big curry fan, so I’ve never tried those but I do LOVE the Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps and The Korean BBQ Yum Yum Rice Bowls! 

How Sweet Eats is another great food blog! The Honey Chipotle Chicken Bowls with Line Quinoa is a staple in our house! 

@anniemarie887 I’d be into a recipe/meal
    prep thread, or even a weekly “What’s for Dinner?” thread. I’m always looking for new recipes! 

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• ninrmsninrms member
    @McKBaby You've sold me on some new recipes...thank you!! :)

Happy ending for the OB appointment! My new OB's nurse called and was SO friendly and wonderful. Got me scheduled for an US same day, and even spent 20 mins updating my chart with me over the phone, instead of having me come in for an appt just for that, like they'd normally do. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that everything's okay with my original OB. :\
  • so the intro post actually talks about a "meal plan monday" weekly post - would we want something like that? or just a general running meal planning one? 
  • I will recommend the pork and peanut dragon noodles from budget bytes, though I go a little lighter than she does on the chili garlic paste 

https://www.budgetbytes.com/pork-peanut-dragon-noodles/
  • ninrmsninrms member
    @anniemarie887 I'd be fine with just an ongoing meal planning post, especially for recipes...easier to track that way?
  • My boss informed me that our office will be doing new professional head shots next week for our website. This creates a problem for me... I have zero professional head shot appropriate tops (or dresses) that currently fit! Guess I'm going shopping. 
  • So I have a rant. A "friend" that I co taught with 2 years ago found out that I was pregnant and is upset I didn't tell her. 1) She chose not to teach last year but brought her son so she seen me drop  off/pick up  but didn't speak to me from January to May and when she did it was just to tell me she was moving. 2) We haven't told our families yet so I am trying to keep it a secret still 3) I have not told anyone via phone call or text and I haven't seen her in person to even tell her 4) I was more worried about finding out why my liver test and kidney ultrasound were "off" which she did not even care about. Sorry for the long rant but am I in the wrong for feeling so mad that she is upset with me when it's not even "public" knowledge?? 
  • @Peachie89 - I do not think you're in the wrong at all!! If you're families dont even know she is absolutely not entitled to that information. As far as I'm concerned, no one but your partner is.

I hope you're test results come back all good. 
  • @Peachie89 I've never experienced anything in life before that people have decided to make all about them.  
  • Did anyone skip the 16w blood work (spina bifida)? I’m having an insurance nightmare because i can’t get anything done with the Ob it all has to be associated with my primary care. Uggghhh.
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • @Peachie89 Ask her if she would like you to notify her when you lose your mucus plug also? I mean really. That is dumb and I wouldn't even let it bother you. You are the one who decides who and when to tell, she is not your sister or BFF so she can just go on with the entitlement to think she needs to know your personal details! 

• @klmcguire oooh good one - @Peachie89 you should text her a pic when that happens.  :o:D
  • @mecoats  I haven't done a single genetic test
  • @mecoats yeah I'm skipping spina bifida.  Was told it's extremely rare and I'm taking vitamin regularly. 
  • @mecoats I didn’t have it.  My obgyn told me about it, but pretty much said it wasn’t necessary and we never mentioned it again.  If I remember correctly, he didn’t think I needed it because neither of my children have it and there is no other family history,
  • @mecoats I skipped it. If insurance is being a pain I don’t think it’s worth the hassle as it looks like it’s not a necessary screening. I’m assuming that would be detected on you’re anatomy scan anyway.
  • anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited July 2019
    @mecoats I did it, so I can provide info on cost if helpful. Labs cost me $14.79 with insurance (BCBS PPO, High deductible plan), if I had paid for it myself at Quest Diagnostic it was $171.94.
  • @mecoats we have skipped all the genetic tests. Our insurance doesn't cover it, and insurance is more stressful to me than worrying about a rare disease...
  • @mecoats I’ve skipped all genetic testing. Insurance will cover it cause I’m old. But other factors make the results more likely to be inconclusive for me, that would cause more anxiety for me than not knowing anything. So we have opted out with the support of my OB who agrees the potential anxiety is more harmful than the test would be helpful. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Thanks everyone! I’m skipping it. I just don’t feel like going to my PCP to have them give me a run around. They can detect Spina bifida on anatomy scan so I’ll just go with that. 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • @ktmaesim that is adorable!! I had a friend last night talk to me about wanting to throw me a Sip and See which is really sweet. As a STM I just figured we would fend for ourselves but since we were team green the first time most of our stuff for the first few months is gender neutral anyways. 
  • @ktmaesimf Thank you! We’re doing co-ed too and people are way more confused than they should be. We have a date in October set and we’re actually doing a Halloween theme. Fingers crossed it stays cute and doesn’t cross the line to tacky.
  • We aren't expecting a shower, we were team green the first time and everything is pretty neutral.  And we just had a baby last August.  I would feel uncomfortable with people going all out again.  I'm sure work will do a diaper shower or something and I'm sure grandparents will buy us gifts.  But no formal shower. 

Our one last time was superhero themed.  it was fun!

Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• @k_mama91  omg that is so cool! We're doing ours halloween weekend too (Oct 26th) and I thought about halloween theme but wasn't sure. @Peachie89  Thanks so much! I love being able to design my own shower invites finally!!! I think maybe I need to put on there that it's co-ed but I plan on addressing the envelopes with  " & Family "  so people know they can bring their bf's and husbands etc. Also my husband's name is listed so I hope it'll make them get it.

I am nervous people won't follow my registry. Uggggh I just hear horror stories all the time lol. There's just always those people that are like "HERE is a picture with your last name and LIVE LAUGH LOVE written above that and I framed it". Like thanks but I need baby bottles and diapers tho..... hahaha. Hope that doesn't come off as greedy. 
  • No shower for us, my family doesn't live in the same region,  and honestly we're both introverts and would rather just hang at home than party!
  • @bookworm492 we are the same way. My side of the family lives close but his side does not. We haven't done one with any of our kids because we are introverts too! 
    I love seeing photos and themes of everyone else's but at the end of the day, I have to much anxiety and and semi guilt of people buying us stuff..lol is the weird !?!
  • @ktmaesim super cute invite! Work is throwing me a co-ed sprinkle in October and my husband is less than thrilled about it already. He keeps saying how he hears how horrible baby showers are so why would he want to go to one? I can't blame him!