Group 2 (2/8-2/14) check-in w/o 7/22

EDD/W+D:

Team finding out/pink/blue/green:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appts:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is your biggest/worse phobia (hint: phobias are irrational fears).

Re: Group 2 (2/8-2/14) check-in w/o 7/22

• Options
    daffodil_shoedaffodil_shoe member
    edited July 2019
    EDD/W+D: 2.13 / 10w4d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): LEGO man

Upcoming appts: First OB 7/30

How are you feeling?: Exhausted 

Rants/Raves: Tried to stay up late tonight because I’m switching to night shift for the next few days. Fell asleep anyway....now awake at 3:00 and will just try to stay awake til 7:00 I guess. So much harder to do when pregnant!

GTKY: Spiders...just thinking of them makes me want to puke!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kiwi2628 fear of heights is irrational! It’s called acrophobia. If you have a barrier to keep you safe but your heart still races and you feel a lot of fear being near it, that’s irrational.
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 2/14 - 10 weeks and 3 Days

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out! 

Baby is the size of a(n): Cardinal tetra fish! 

Upcoming appts: Thursday! So excited to see baby!!!  <3

How are you feeling?: Super nauseated, super tired, but still in the honeymoon phase because I'm KU lol.

Rants/Raves: We went to a "lunch" yesterday that ended up being all day. It was fun but super hot! DH and I took the Jeep up with the top off and it down-poured on us on the highway and then the day was spent just being super hot since it was outside lol.

Questions: Nope! 

GTKY: What is your biggest/worse phobia (hint: phobias are irrational fears): Birds. I hate birds because I think they will fly into my hair or into my car lol.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 11 +2

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: green for now  not sure I can hold out 

Baby is the size of a(n): Brussel sprout 

Upcoming appts: July 28

How are you feeling?: tired so freaking tired. Slightly less nauseous 

Rants/Raves: I’m so torn on finding out if we’re having a boy or girl. I have two boys and am really hoping for a girl. 

Questions: none 

GTKY: What is your biggest/worse phobia (hint: phobias are irrational fears) 
    Irrational fear of a snake crawling up through my toilet. I read one article a million years ago about this happening in an apartment. —I don’t even live in an apartment
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 2/9 11+1

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: FO

Baby is the size of a(n): Lime

Upcoming appts: Fri Aug 2 to make up that U/S and bloodwork screening that we were too early for last week

How are you feeling?: BETTER! Still some exhaustion when I over-exert myself, but it's back in the 80s instead of 100s and I feel almost normal. Yesterday I was awake for normal daytime hours! Still some indigestion, and nausea shows up if I eat more than a small portion, but I've got a system that's been working lately.

Rants/Raves: I think I hate the baby sweater I started knitting and I'm going to frog it. I really want gendered things this time! We did so much neutral with DS I'm just over it. Frilly pinks or navy blues it is, and I'm just going to have to wait until 20 weeks to make anything for baby.

Questions: No

GTKY: Heights, but in an irrational way like standing on a chair my heart pounds like I'm going to fall and die for sure. Doing a 24" box jump I feel like a bad@$$ and not because I'm jumping but because I'm SO HIGH UP and clearly basically a dare devil.
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 2/8 11+3

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: FO

Baby: weighs as much as a ketchup packet

Upcoming appts: Aug 22nd.

How are you feeling?: Still tired most of the time, but I seem to be transitioning from nausea to heartburn after meals (especially dinner).

Rants/Raves: I'm so over work. I've been running around putting out fires, keeping things together, for the last two months because they let too many people go on vacation at the same time. Last week there were "anonymous complaints" that I am irrational and mean. No, I am stressed from being the only person keeping this place from going up in flames. And I'm pregnant. Both of those things mean I will occasionally display irritation or frustration. If you're not going to hop down in the trenches and help solve problems, then gtfo with your anonymous b.s. Thank god I'm leaving in September.

Questions: No

GTKY: Heights, but also anything with more than 4 legs. Extra legs (especially on bugs) creep me out to the point of fear.
  • Options
    noxacanthusnoxacanthus member
    edited July 2019
    @craftywitch I also want to knit a baby sweater to use in our announcement, but I haven't picked a color yet. I really like blue and I'd be fine with the baby wearing it even if it is a girl (also, dinosaurs!), but I don't want people assuming that we're having a boy just because I knit a blue sweater for the photo.
  • Options
    @noxacanthus That’s crazy that they let everyone go on vacation at once! I can’t believe that about the anonymous complaints 🙄. 
    TW
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 10+5

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry/fit on a tea candle

Upcoming appts: Aug 1! US and testing

How are you feeling?: starting week 10 has been SO much better... less nausea and less fatigue. But still some tough nausea moments.

Rants/Raves: I love that I feel a bit like a capable human again! I’m struggling with the change in my fitness and nutrition game that first tri has brought on.

Questions: Not right now 

GTKY: What is your biggest/worse phobia (hint: phobias are irrational fears). Even though my statistical likelihood of miscarriage at this point is 2.3%, I often worry like it’s WAYYYYY higher.
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: 2-12-20/10w6d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Team finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Baby sea turtle shell

Upcoming appts: August 6

How are you feeling?: STILL NAUSEATED

Rants/Raves: None

Questions: None. All is well

GTKY: What is your biggest/worse phobia (hint: phobias are irrational fears). Spiders. They're disgusting creatures that deserve to be sprayed, stomped, whatever. But not by me. Because ew...
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: Feb 10, 11w1d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: team finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): lego man

Upcoming appts: August 5

How are you feeling?: Nausea is better, but still faint and I get sick every once in a while but NOTHING like before (why I've been MIA on here the past couple weeks). Tension headaches have kicked in, going on day 4 now.  It's dull and manageable but I do wish something would work to help it for more than 30 min of relief

Rants/Raves: A little upset that it's going to be almost a month and a half from the time of my last ultrasound to the next one, so my anxiety was starting to get to me because of past losses. But I'm happy because I bought a fetal doppler to ease my mind (and my husband's), and luckily I can hear those little heartbeats whenever I want now.  Helps to reassure me that the babies are still thriving. 

Questions: any tips for headache help? or any idea how long this phase will last?

GTKY: What is your biggest/worse phobia (hint: phobias are irrational fears).  I have this phobia of the swings at amusement parks.  I'm afraid the one I'm in is going to fly off or I'm going to fall out.  I once tried to conquer my fear and forced myself to go on them.  Mistake.  I was shaking from fear when I got off and had to sit down so I didn't throw up/pass out.
  • Options
    @alseltzer My doctor suggested Tylenol! Hope you can find some relief! 
    TW
  • Options
    @brookert615 thanks! Tylenol helps sometimes but only temporarily.  Maybe a half hour/hour tops then it's  back. I've been trying an ice pack on my neck.  Eating usually helps for a half hour or so too. I think I'm going to try some caffeine next. Hopefully these headaches don't last too long.  :s
  • Options
    @alseltzer Oh no! What a bummer! Have you tried peppermint essential oil on your temples? Some people swear by it! I've only done it before pregnancy so not sure how they compare. 
    TW
  • Options
    @brookert615 hmmmmm no, I've never heard that one! I'll have to look into that.
  • Options
    @kaeineurope Yay! Congrats on your little man! Crossing everything your surgery goes smoothly and baby is fine! Ohhh gazpacho sounds amazing right now! 
    TW
  • Options
    @kaeineurope good luck at your surgery! 
  • Options
    @kaeineurope hope everything goes smoothly with your surgery!
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: Feb 13, 10w5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry... almost a lime!

Upcoming appts: August 14

How are you feeling?: Much better! Not as tired and nauseous. Still a little picky on what I eat (queasy when it comes to veggies). Still sporting the sea bands until week 12, and then I’ll test taking them off.

Rants/Raves: Only 2 more days of summer school and then finally on break! We are going on vacation next week and I’m so excited. It does involve a lot of driving, but hoping I’ll hang in there.

Questions: Anyone already thinking of birth plans? It feels too early, but I had a traumatic birth injury with DS, so I’m already stressing about it.

GTKY: What is your biggest/worse phobia (hint: phobias are irrational fears). 
    Heights. I really have to avoid looking down because I’ll get all woozy.
  • Options

EDD/W+D: February 12, 11w0d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n):poker chip

Upcoming appts: NT on 7/30 – 12 week on 7/31

How are you feeling?: tired

Rants/Raves: I hate how being pregnant makes everyone think they can tell you what to do and how you should be feeling, especially people who were pregnant when I was a baby….

Questions: has anyone else had to go to the dr every  weeks?  I went at 8 weeks, 10 weeks and they want me in at 12 weeks… not necessarily bad, just odd that it’s so often with this being a normal pregnancy

GTKY: What is your biggest/worse phobia (hint: phobias are irrational fears). Snakes.  I hate them, can’t even look at a picture of one…

• Options
    EDD/W+D: Feb. 9 (Moved up 1 day by the midwife), 11+4

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Team Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Lime

Upcoming appts: Aug 9 for NT scan

How are you feeling?: Good! I have to eat the minute I feel hungry or I will get nauseous, but there could definitely be worse things.

Rants/Raves: None.

Questions: None for the week :)

GTKY: What is your biggest/worse phobia (hint: phobias are irrational fears). That I will suffocate in my sleep. It has been ever since I was a kid, I have to sleep on the edge of my pillow and nothing over my head. Totally random and irrational.