August 2019 Moms

Weekly checkin group 2 w/o 7/22 (Aug 8-15)

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days OR how old is baby:

Boy/Girl/finding out later? 

Baby is the size of a(n) OR Stats (length, weight etc.):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: What is something that has surprised you this pregnancy?

Re: Weekly checkin group 2 w/o 7/22 (Aug 8-15)

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days OR how old is baby: 36 weeks 5 days 

Boy/Girl/finding out later? Girl

Baby is the size of a(n) OR Stats (length, weight etc.): papaya 

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow afternoon (1st cervix check)

How are you feeling?: uncomfortable and in a bit of pain down there

Rants/Raves: I think we have everything in order other than my mom getting here to watch older girls when I go into labor (she arrives Wednesday evening)

Questions: NA

GTKY: What is something that has surprised you this pregnancy?  So I’ve carried this little girl lower than my other two and apparently it’s caused some swelling down below - so painful.  Usually by end of day I am in a bit of pain.  Doctor recommended a cream but don’t think it’s really doing anything -  definitely a new surprise 😳🙄
  • @mama1824 I am carrying lower this time too, mainly bc my first was breech.  I am noticing so much swelling!! I don't think cream would help me.. not sure how cream decreases swelling haha other than maybe making the skin stretchy???   IDK but it is painful and my husband keeps grabbing my feet and I scream thinking they are going to just pop open hahaha

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days OR how old is baby:
    August 8th / 37weeks 5days

Boy/Girl/finding out later? Boy

Baby is the size of a(n) OR Stats (length, weight etc.): Romaine Lettuce

Upcoming Appointments: On my way to one right now!

How are you feeling?: Tired and achy. Period like cramping and a constant need to pee have had me up all night

Rants/Raves: Rant- Just had to do a 24hr urine test and can i just say that asking a hugely pregnant woman to collect her urine every time she gets up in the middle of the night is just ridiculous.

Rave: I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Questions:

GTKY: What is something that has surprised you this pregnancy? The differences between a pregnancy in a big city and the country have been the most surprising for me. Even my husband who is the biggest advocate for all things rural has been super disappointed in the level of care here. I honestly wish I had gone back to Dallas to have this baby instead of deciding to have our little one close to home. 
  • @texasmommahen That's so interesting about the difference between city care vs. rural care. What would you say the biggest differences are? Just curious- good to know for the future.
  • @flagchic I’ve noticed that there is much less communication between my doctor and her staff and hospital staff and even in office it seems they have issues communicating with each other. For example, Last week I woke up to day two of a splitting headache and high blood pressure readings so i called my doctor and spoke to her nurse. The nurse took down my information and said she’d get back to me. After three hours of no call back I called in myself and the nurse said “Oh! Um...it looks like the doctor made a note but I never saw it...She wants you to go down to Labor and Delivery so they can monitor you.” I live an hour from the hospital so of course by the time I get there my husband is thoroughly irritated with the situation, to top it off we find out that the clinic never called the hospital to tell them we were coming in and why. That’s just one of the many clusterclucks that have happened this pregnancy.

I’ve also noticed there’s a more laissez faire attitude in general in the rural clinics. My doctor here does not seem as concerned about my history of preeclampsia this pregnancy, or about my scoliosis effecting my ability to get an epidural where as my doctor in dallas was watching me like a hawk the entire time, and I know for a fact she had a higher patient load than this doctor.