July 2019 Moms

Past due date?!

jmh1696jmh1696 member
edited July 2019 in July 2019 Moms
I'm due in two days (July 9th) and have had some contractions and pressure. She hasn't broken my water yet or sent me into any truly painful contractions. Anyone else going towards past due date? If so do you plan on waiting it out or getting the balloon catheter? Thinking I'm going to wait it out another week if they give me the option as I want it to happen naturally but not set on it. Thoughts??

Re: Past due date?!

• Mine is this Friday. I have an appointment on Thursday and if I'm dilated to 4 or 5 I plan on having my membranes swept. Due to my husbands work schedule I really need this baby to come Thursday or Friday. Considering just scheduling to have my water popped on Friday but I'm hesitant because I had a very natural and spontaneous birth with my first. I'm sure by Thursday I'll be desperate to not be pregnant though. I'm split 50\50 so your not alone
  • onaedonaed member
    I’m 2 days late already, trying to hold off on induction. Ughh
  • Loading the player...
  • Due date was today and had a membrane sweep with some cramping and increased contractions but nothing regular. Also spent the morning walking around ikea and the afternoon re-organizing the garage. Get out baby!
  • So great to know I'm not in this alone! Although I do hope each of our babies come ASAP! Today is my due date and not much has changed. I do however have a killer headache that's keeping me up right now at 4:30AM, praying this tylenol does its job! Lol. Gonna see how my appointment goes tomorrow unless she decides to make an appearance later today, fingers crossed for all of us. Most importantly though, glad we are all in good health and our babies will be here soon enough, we're almost at the finish line!!! 
    Everyone keeps making the comment "she's stubborn like her mom" 😂🤔
  • My favorite comment is "shouldn't you be having that baby already?" I may hit the next person who mentions something like this
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    @jmh1696 is this your first? I think first babies are on average a little later. It's common to go past your due date.

I still have a week to go but everyone keeps asking me where this baby is. Umm, it's right in here kicking the crap out of me.
  • I'm two days past due today. OB appt this morning to make a plan! 
  • @acgx oh man a pedicure sounds wonderful! Glad you are getting to spoil yourself a little
  • I'm due in 4 days and going a little stir crazy😏 My girls were 6 and 5 days early, but this little guy doesn't seem to be in much of a hurry! Peeing all the time and braxton hicks basically every time too. They want to strip my membranes tomorrow, but I'm hoping to go before then! I want to go naturally too.
  • @Cbeanz yes this is my first! Super excited!! I have heard that, she must be cozy in there Haha. I got my membranes stripped yesterday and about an hour after I got the worst cramping of my life!! Hasn't stopped since and I've been having contractions and lower back pain too. She's also been pressing on my sciatic nerve more and more so my leg keeps locking up. I definitely feel like the doctor sped things up doing that, I read it releases hormones. No loss of mucus plug yet or water breaking but I feel like I'm getting closer. Tomorrow I have a non stress test, Monday ultrasound and Tuesday induction if I'm not dilated to 3 or 4 (I'm currently 2 and 80% effaced, then I would have her Wednesday with help of catheter or just pitocin depending on dilation. Kinda hoping she comes before then since the sweep seems to of given me super intense cramps but we shall see! 
    *I did celebrate myself with olive garden as I'm now 2 days pasta my due date! Ha!!
    *Just the anxious waiting game now I suppose as a FTM I keep wondering if "this is it" (she always seems to be stronger at 2 am lol)
  • acgxacgx member
    Got checked yesterday - unchanged from the past month at 2cm & 80%, though she's moved down from -4 to -2 station. Got my membranes swept, which didn't seem to do much thus far. Induction date scheduled now for next Tuesday, which is 41+0 and the standard here. Starting to feel like I'm going to be waiting til then 🤷
  • acgxacgx member
    @jmh1696 I literally laughed out loud at your pasta comment. I'm going to use that and now go eat some pasta 🍝
  • @jmh1696 Did getting your membranes swept hurt? I've heard it can range depending on tolerance.
  • Just had it today, it's very uncomfortable but it's the cramping after that really can get to you
  • jmh1696jmh1696 member
    edited July 2019
    @acgx yes!! You deserve it, we all do!! Haha enjoy :)
    @flagchic I want to say yes because my body tensed up and it definitely wasn't pleasant, I do have a high pain tolerance I'd like to think, but I will say it lasts for less than a minute it's pretty quick (I picked a tile to stare/focus on on the ceiling) my doctor was pretty ruthless but she apologized and I could tell she felt bad but hey I asked for it! Lol. And it did seem to get things going for me, the cramps after are worse in my opinion as I never really had period cramps before.

This may be tmi warning**
    I ended up going to the hospital today as my contractions were 2-4 minutes apart for 3 hours and I also lost my mucus plug and honestly got nervous since I haven't  seen blood in months so I went in. They did the non stress test and I was right about my contractions being so close! but they weren't super strong so they had me walk for 3 hours around the hospital to see if anything progressed, nothing did when she checked me again so I was sent home. I was told they will feel unbearable almost and I won't be able to talk through them so to wait for that or until my water breaks. Now I'm stuck with consistent close contractions and the cramping ouch. Breathing it out over here lol! All I can do is wait it out pretty much. It's getting real! I would totally say the membrane strip got me going although everyone is different. 
  • @acgx also if nothing progresses for me my induction date is Tuesday as well at 41 weeks! I'm also 2cm 80 effaced and today I was told she dropped to -1. Same boat 👭!
  • @flagchic I know this is a late response, but I think it depends on how ready you are. Before my dr stripped she mentioned that she wouldn't do it if I wasn't already dilated. But I was already 4cm. She warned me it would be very uncomfortable, but I was surprised when she was done because I didn't think it was too bad! It's probably different for everyone though.
  • Update: My daughter came that afternoon July 12 @ 2:24pm !! My contractions got stronger throughout the night and my water broke at 9am got to the hospital by 11ish and the rest is history! Strongly recommend the sweep haha