November 2019 Moms
Options

UO 7/18

Let’s here them ladies! Someone has to have something. 

Re: UO 7/18

• Options
    I hate the beach.  

Sorry not sorry.  Sand everywhere, gross salt water.  I'll take a pool any day over the beach.

I realized how unpopular that opinion was last night when I had a mom's night out in the neighborhood and all the other moms were talking about their vacations to beaches and how awesome they were.  And all I could think of how terrible it sounded.  
  • Options
    Hahaha @Dancer688 yeah that's unpopular. I love the beach for the views but I totally agree with you its messy and I hate the feeling of sand everywhere. Also, it is a ton of work for the reward I feel, like all the stuff you have to bring. We're still going to the beach for a week in August, though.

I've been trying to think of something to post here, and I'm going to steal one I saw posted on another BMB. I don't like Beyonce. She and JayZ annoy me, and I don't this their music is that great nor do I think they are "relationship goals."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    blg116blg116 member
    @Dancer688 while I dont dislike the beach, I would way rather go the lake or river. Less people, less sand, still a lot of water. 

@creamcheeseplease ugh beyonce is SO overrated. I preferred her early stuff, like when she was still in destiny's child and shortly after, but her music now is just trash. 
  • Options
    cl4157cl4157 member
    @Dancer688 I’m a beach hater too. No shame. I have no business in the sun and I don’t like being dirty. 
  • Options
    I love the beach and I tolerate the lake. I would prefer to not get in the water when I’m there. 

I don’t keep up with pop culture anymore so I have no clue what Beyoncé is up to and no clue about her relationship with JayZ. 

I hate going to get my hair done. In fact, I only get my hair cut once every 18 months. Not even joking. I barely use any heat on my hair and I do deep conditioning on it regularly. I started coloring my hair but the upkeep is killing me so I plan to just get some box dye from the store and start doing it myself. 
  • Options
    I hate getting pedicures. I dont like feet and dont like mine touched. I've only ever gotten 2 in my life and I'd be happy if I never have another.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @ABabyMarshall yes, yes I wash my legs when I shower. 😂

also, I think it would be fun to start a thread where we ask a question and then answer the ones above. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 I had a friend pose that question on FB and the answers were too funny and mixed. I shower daily and unless I'm feeling extra dirty or I'm exfoliating my legs for shaving which is every few days I only use my loofah on the top half, I don't know why lol 🤷🤷 I guess I'm a dirty girl

I like the idea of a fun question thread like that lol
  • Options
    @ABabyMarshall I don’t shower every day because some days I never leave my house. So when I get in there I need to bathe it all! 😂 

I also only wash my hair every 3-5 days. It doesn’t get oily either. It used to get oily when I washed it daily. 
  • Options
    blg116blg116 member
    @emeraldcity1214 ugh, jealous on the hair washing. If I skip a day my hair (and head) feel so disgusting. I HAVE to wash daily. I'm with ya on the hating getting my hair done though. I've been having my bff cut my hair since I was 15, and I think the last hair cut I got was when I started my current job because I cant have it down at all, so I think we cut about 10 inches off. That was.... last February? I think? Occasionally I'll dye my hair some funky color like blue or purple, but my hair is so dark it never shows up well. 
  • Options
    blg116blg116 member
    Also I like the question thread game! Would be a good GTKY type thing, and maybe get some more lurkers involved. I feel like it's still a really small group of regular commenters in here. 
  • Options
    gumby22c said:
    I hate getting pedicures. I dont like feet and dont like mine touched. I've only ever gotten 2 in my life and I'd be happy if I never have another.
    :( this makes me sad, lol. I'm actually working from home today and sneaking out for a pedicure when the nail place opens. I actually do my own normally, but its too hard with a belly when pregnant, so I get one every three weeks or so and I usually get some sort of extra scrub/foot massage. However now this is really a pregnancy indulgence for me. I hardly go when I'm not pregnant and live the DIY life. 

Re hair washing - I don't wash mine every day either. Every other or so in the summer and usually longer in the winter. MH thinks that is truly disgusting and often tells me I need to wash my hair. He just doesn't get it! I mainly hate having my hair cut also only because it takes so long at the salon. Mine is really long now though and I probably need to get it trimmed soon.
  • Options
    LOL @creamcheeseplease I hope you enjoy yours to the fullest today!

I have a legit fear of the few times a group of my girlfriends/family suggest going to get pedis together. 😖 I dont want to be a party pooper, but I also dont want to do it or explain my issues with it. lol
  • Options
    Re: hair washing. When I was younger washed it everyday and it always looked oily. These days I wash it every 2-4 days and it overall looks so much better and healthier.
  • Options
    BNBTBNBT member
    I can't think of any UO right now, but I do love pedicures and getting my hair done but I do wish I could get in and out sooner. By the end of a pedi I start getting antsy and ready to leave. Same with my hair! I love getting it done, but wish it wouldn't take so long (I get mine colored). I just end up sitting there thinking about everything else I could be getting done  :D relaxing ha
  • Options
    I love pedicures but not getting my hair done.  Mostly because I hate how long getting my hair highlighted takes.  

@BNBT - I am the same way, I think I could be sleeping, doing errands, essentially I could be anywhere but here.
  • Options
    Someone start the question GTKY thread. It will be fun! 

As for hair washing, @angieeeeee I’m not sure I’m your line of work you could go days without washing just because you work in a place with no AC. I would need to wash my hair after that too. But, if that ever changes, when you wash your hair daily you wash out all the oils so your hair starts producing more oils. You basically have to get through a transition phase of oily hair to be able to go days without washing and not have oily hair. 

I have usually done this phase during the newborn period with one of my kids. Because let’s be real, when you have a colicky baby, you don’t shower often unless your husband is around. When he is always working, you don’t have time to get in there and do more than just wash the puke and poop off your body. 😂 motherhood is so glamorous. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    As far as getting the lurkers to participate, I don’t think it’s going to happen. We are the nicest group. Anytime anyone new has started commenting we always engage and we are always nice. I even backed off the one off posts since a large part of our group doesn’t mind them. I really don’t think anyone is going to jump in and stay active. I like our little group though. 

Edit: I need to start proofreading by autocorrect on this new iPhone is no joke. 
  • Options
    blg116blg116 member
    @emeraldcity1214 yea definitely wouldnt work in my line of work. But even in high school and before I started working here, it was a no go. Maybe I just didn't give it enough time to get through the yuck stage. 
  • Options
    @angieeeeee yeah, you have to give it time for sure. Plus using shampoos that strip your oils doesn’t help. I can tell a difference in my hair when I clarify more often. I start getting greasier. So then I back off my clarifying shampoo and use my regular stuff. I have found that if I clarify every 3rd wash, my hair does better. 
  • Options
    mc0303mc0303 member
    @emeraldcity1214 I’m the same way with my hair. I’ve had to train it to go without washing so it would stop being so greasy. The transition period is awful for me bc my hair would feel so greasy. 

@ababymarshall lol! That leg question blew up on Twitter a few weeks ago. I told my mom, who showers like 3 times a day, about it and she was so scandalized. I always wash my legs....guess it’s just part of my routine. 

I like my feet after being pedicured but I also don’t really like the experience. I have super ticklish feet and hate lotions and oils so I kind of hate most parts of a pedicure. I just love the hot water. But I did go in last Sunday and just got a polish change and it was so easy and fast and not that awkward. 

I think Im just an awkward person so extended times interacting with strangers make me uncomfortable 😂
  • Options
    cl4157cl4157 member
    I’m a non hair washer too. For the record though, it took me about 2 years to transition. Once I started to go gray, I dried up a lot and went blonde at the same time. Now I am 1/week unless I have a workout or swim that makes it too hard to ignore. 

• Options
    Even if I swim I will just throw some conditioner on the bottom half to spruce it up and help me brush it out. I don’t actually wash the roots though. 🙈
  • Options
    i just realized I forgot to post a FFFC thread. 
  • Options
    blg116blg116 member
    Here's my FFFC- work bought us pizza on Thursday for meeting our production goals (it doesnt happen often). And I had 5 pieces. 

I wanted to die the rest of the night. 
  • Options
    My FFFC is along similar lines. I stuffed myself with terrible decisions this weekend including two meals that included italian sausage and one that included pepperoni. My reflux is on fire. Trying a bland diet for the next few days to try to neutral stuff back out. No regrets.....but kinda some regrets.