Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS 7/15

Re: TFAS 7/15

• @NYTino24 Sorry about your frustrations. Hope you hear back from the RE ASAP and can get in. 
  • flinstone-2flinstone-2 member
    edited July 2019
    @NYTino24 I understand that. I'm only on it because I can't get past 8dpo before AF lately.*TW* I've also wondered about it carrying on a nonviable pregnancy and how that would all work *End TW*. My OB gave me the progesterone, but my RE does not believe in it whatsoever 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • Loading the player...
  • @bows22 DS is like this too, but with me.  He wants nothing to do with DH and its absolutely exhausting.  He's particularly clingy the last few days so I think he might be going through some sort of phase.  I hope so at least...  I hope your LO balances out soon!!
    @kpearse99 Sounds like a great trip!!
    @tyrion_ Glad to hear your MIL visit was uneventful!! 
    @gingermama29 That sounds like an amazing vacation!! I wish we could vacation like that too....but our family would just drive each other crazy lol
    @Kathryn0903 Happy birthday to your LO!  Our DS is turning 2 in Sept and we don't plan on going all out for potty training until closer to 2.5, unless he shows "readiness".  Not sure what that looks like exactly, but I know he's no where close right now.
    @lcking82 Sorry you're feeling so pessimistic this cycle!  Hugs!
    @jennifer_louise Our daycare sends photos via their app also, but all at once at the end of the day as part of their daily report.  I kind of wish they'd send them throughout the day, but I imagine I would miss him more also!
    @flinstone-2 Good luck with the letrozole!!
    @NYTino24 I had a fitbit and now have an Apple Watch and love it.  No experience with Samsung tho!  

What number are you trying for?  2

Month/Cycle?  2/2

WTO/TWW?  WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 1.85

Any thoughts about this cycle?  DH had to work a ton the last few days so we've had no timing in this FW.  I got a positive opk today so I'm just going to have to jump him after the kiddo goes down tonight. 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I've been dealing with some eczema over the last year and I've found that I can totally control it through diet.  I was super strict paleo for 2 months and it went away completely after a year of rashes on my hands.  I started relax on the diet after it went away and now it's creeping back up.  I'm finding I'm totally not someone who can do "everything in moderation".  It's such a slippery slope for me.  We're going away for the weekend, but after that I'll definitely be going back on the wagon.  I'm extra motivated because the rash decided to reappear...on my face.  Sigh.

GTKY: What is something you do that annoys your spouse/SO but that you also have no plans to change?
    Remember everything.  I have a crazy (long term) memory, he's like Dory from Finding Nemo.  My memory comes in handy majority of the time, but he gets annoyed when he's telling a story or something and I chime in with the correct date or more detail about what he's saying.  I know it's obnoxious but I can't help it!  I'm trying tho....lol
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • @juliebeannn:  admission - I was just so puzzled at how you had 1.85 kids, and then realized that's kiddo's age.  *facepalm*
  • bows22bows22 member
    @photographerwife ugh molars. We are struggling with molars too but we’re still on the first set. I know the 2 year old ones are worse so I hope it goes quickly for you!

@NYTino24 that was smart to do Christmas shopping on prime day. My 4 nieces and nephews all have birthdays within 2 months of each other. Christmas and DD’s birthday also fall in this timeframe. Maybe I’ll look and see if anything catches my eye tonight. Also, I am so sorry this progesterone situation has become such a headache. I hope it gets worked out soon. 

@juliebeannn ugh sorry for the eczema situation but that’s great that you know how to get it back on track! Hopefully both of our kiddos start evening out the parental attention soon. DD did decide she wanted to sit on my lap this morning. Of course it was while I was sitting on the toilet 🙄. 
  • @bows22 Progress!  DS played with DH while I got through ALL the dishes today, which was a minor miracle.  Yay for progress!! 
  • @juliebeannn I find it so crazy how diet can control skin issues like that.  It's good that you were able to make that connection though, so you can get it back under control!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• kpearse99kpearse99 member
    edited July 2019
    Does anyone know what the "normal" level/range that your thyroid should be at?  I just got my labs back and my TSH level is 2.9 - that's all they told me, so I'm assuming that's good, but I'm curious what the range is supposed to be.
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• kpearse99 said:
    Does anyone know what the "normal" level/range that your thyroid should be at?  I just got my labs back and my TSH level is 2.9 - that's all they told me, so I'm assuming that's good, but I'm curious what the range is supposed to be.
    When I was working with an RE when TTC1 they put me on thyroid meds when my TSH was 2.56.  For normal folks, the healthy range is up to 5 but up to 1.5 (I think) is what they consider optimal.
  • @juliebeannn hmmmm interesting... I wonder why they didn't mention anything else about it then.  My follow-up to review all of our testing results and come up with our plan is on Friday, so I guess I'll ask again then.
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 I've read that some people consider medicating for being over 1.5 excessive and doctors are over-medicating people.  Maybe your practice is a bit more conservative when it comes to that...?  I would totally ask!
  • m6aguam6agua member
    @bows22 My DD is 2.5 now and she for sure goes through phases where she favors one of us more than the other. I'm sure she will swing the other way and prefer you sometimes too!

@kpearse99 I'm glad your vacation went well. Optimal thyroid lab ranges in spoiler. There is a huge difference in what convention medicine believes is "normal" and what functional medicine sees as optimal.

@tyrion_ I'm glad the visit is over and was uneventful.

@gingermama29 Are you just starting to chart? You are going to need to get a few charts under your belt before you will start to understand your cycle. How long is your cycle typically? I just read one of your other responses. It is hard to tell if you truly O'd because there just isn't enough temperatures yet. FF put a dotted line and that means it isn't positive about O.  I think with how your chart looks so far, PCOS, and the irregular cycles it is a possibility that your cycle could be anovulatory. Like I said above, you won't really know until you get more full charts under your belt and can start to see a pattern in the data.

@Kathryn0903 We've had a potty out since DD was 1.5, she would sit on it sometimes and other times she wouldn't. She is 2.5 now and consistently peeing on the potty during the bedtime routine. We just started working on having her go on it more throughout the day.

@flinstone-2 I am such a morning person too and DH is a night owl! I hope all of the positive visual imagery helps this cycle!

@photographerwife Ugh, the 2 year molars take FOREVER! DD is 32 months and finally cut the last one, it took probably a year to cut all 4.

@NYTino24 I am sorry about the frustrations with the RE.

@juliebeannn Food totally effects us a ton. Every person needs to figure out what foods work for them and which ones effect them negatively. Our bodies are super intelligent and give us signs that somethings up, we usually explain them away though. I am also a person who cannot do moderation. Have you ever heard of Gretchen Rubin? She separates people in categories. One is Abstainer and Moderators, I am a total abstainer and that is OK. https://gretchenrubin.com/2012/10/back-by-popular-demand-are-you-an-abstainer-or-a-moderator/
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• m6aguam6agua member
    Hi! It has been a bit. I have been so busy with summer stuff and work as well as being benched that I just haven't participated as much.

What number are you trying for? 2
    Month/Cycle? 4/ 2.5 TTC, 1.5 benched
    WTO/TWW? WTO
    Ages of other child(ren)? 2.5
    Any thoughts about this cycle? Eh, we are still avoiding. I'm heading into my fertile week so condoms it is. Hopefully I only have 1 or 2 more cycles benched after this.
    Any questions? Nope
    Rant/Rave/Brag: DD ate her whole dinner last night! She had venison with mushrooms, brussels sprouts, carrots and potatoes! I had to bribe her with a tiny sip of my drink (grapefruit spindrift with pom juice) after each bite. But hey, whatever works.
    GTKY: I talk about poop openly and he hates it. He is really bashful about poop, pee, and farts when it comes to me. To be fair, with my health issues constipation and digestion has been some of my biggest symptoms. So keeping him up to speed on my treatments means talking about my poop.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua yes I did just start charting and began mid cycle after I think I possibly O'd so it's extra hard to tell. I also think a few of my temps are possibly skewed because of medication I was taking. My two lowest numbers coincided with when I took Vicodin (I got my wisdom teeth out last week). But I think you're right that it'll be difficult to interpret my charts until I've temped and charted a few cycles. 
    Glad your DD are her whole dinner last night!! It sounds delicious!! And I'm totally guilty of the frequent poop talk. I'll blame that on having 4 older brothers though.

@juliebeannn that's so frustrating about your diet. I struggle with the slippery slope when it comes to eating too. Hopefully things clear back up for you.

@NYTino24 sorry about your frustrations with your doctors. 
  • @m6agua how exciting that your DD ate her whole meal!  And when DH and I started “dating” in college, I had some really bad stress-induced IBS stuff so poop was a way of life before we were even thaaaat close 😂😂
  • @m6agua thanks for that chart! That was the exact one I was looking for, I know I've seen it floating around here before.  I'll be sure to mention this on Friday with my follow-up.
    Great job with DD eating her whole dinner! It sounds SUPER YUMMY and now I want some!!
    I'm sorry you are still benched :( But you're a strong and bad a** mama!!
    Our TTC Journey

• m6aguam6agua member
    @kpearse99 No problem, your doc should actually be testing more than your TSH (if they haven't). Your TSH isn't even a thyroid hormone, it comes from your pituitary gland. That chart shows ideally the minimum thyroid tests they should be doing when they test your thyroid. There are more that can be useful, but those 6 are the minimum. For myself, my TSH has always been about 1-1.5, but my other numbers have been outside the optimal levels and my symptoms terrible. TSH is typically the last number to change in your system, meaning regular doctors won't do anything when you are in the beginning stages of disfunction, they wait until TSH is bad and you are so far gone... ok I'll end my rant.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua I appreciate the rant!!  I'm not really sure what was tested at my last blood draw, I just know they took a lot of viles of blood and only 3 of them were for the genetic testing.  I did ask her if she was testing my thyroid too and I remember her saying "Yes, we are checking your TSH and then we'll go from there depending how that comes back".  Not sure what that means exactly, or if other levels were checked but I'll be sure to write this chart down so I can ask about the other levels on Friday.
    Our TTC Journey

• Good to see you around, @m6agua! What an amazing feat to have her eat all those veggies! That would be a dream come true around here. I also openly talk about poop. I have a ridiculous autoimmune disorder that has done a number on my GI system and there was no hiding it when dating me. My husband is used to it. 
  • I’m super behind and it is daunting to catch up and tag everyone, but I’m going back to read all of it. Also, as @bows22 said, I have declared that there will be a mass exodus soon into the April BMB. Hoping you all go with me (and that I’m not here saying the same thing about May).

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 7/5

WTO/TWW? WTO - probably right now. 

Ages of other child(ren)? He’ll be 2 in September. 

Any thoughts about this cycle? I’m holding tight to my positive attitude and doing everything I can to make this month happen. April is basically my perfect timing bc I would still get some precious maternity leave alone with the baby while DH finishes out the school year, and then he’ll get his alone time over the summer and baby won’t have to start daycare until August. Perfect. 

Any questions? No. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS had an epic meltdown yesterday because he wanted to eat my dad’s birthday cake instead of his dinner. It was pretty awful, especially because it happened in front of my mom, who always makes me feel like a bad mom anyway. 

GTKY: What is something you do that annoys your spouse/SO but that you also have no plans to change? I apologize all the time even when I haven’t done something wrong. I think it’s left over as part of my self-esteem issues from my abusive ex. I don’t plan to change it. It’s really just so ingrained in my personality now. I don’t think I could change it if I wanted to. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @mercury94 that's annoying that your mom makes you feel like a bad mom when kids are kids.  Meltdowns happen!  Hence, the "why my kid is crying" memes are so funny... they're relatable haha.  Also, I hope your positive attitude gets you to graduate this month!
  • @mercury94 I am so sorry that your mom makes you feel that way.  You're not a bad mom, you're a fantastic mom because you show up every day!  Meltdowns happen... crying happens.. screaming happens... it's hard, and stressful and it sucks...but it happens.  Especially at that age because they don't understand!  I hope he ate some of his dinner so he could have some cake!
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 Part of why I felt awful I’d that after he finally calmed down, he refused the cake. Seemed like he was traumatized. But, he did eat some of the leftover cake last night after dinner, so I guess he’s over it. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • bows22bows22 member
    @mercury94 You are definitely not a bad mom and I’m sorry your mom makes you feel that way. We had a similar situation with DD and a cinnamon roll at breakfast with my in-laws recently and I felt the same as you but in hindsight I realized it wasn’t my/DD’s fault. However I am not looking forward to when I can’t say “she’s too little to understand” anymore haha. 
  • @mercury94 that's interesting that he refused the cake after all of that carrying on!  Little ones.... they want what they want and when they want it.... and then when you offer it to them at another time, they suddenly don't want it anymore.  They are crazy!!
    Our TTC Journey

• @m6agua oh my gosh! This is going to be torture, for us both!
    @mercury94 Im sorry about your mom, she needs to chill. Its like some people forget what its like to have a toddler.. What does she expect from a little one with no impulse control!? Also, good luck this month! 
  • @mercury94 You're such a good mom!!!  I hate that your mom makes you feel otherwise!!
    @m6agua Thanks for the link!!  Sounds super interesting!
  • bows22bows22 member
    What’s everyone up to this weekend? Looking for inspiration so that we (specifically DD) don’t go stir crazy with the heat tomorrow.

Tonight we are going out with some friends and I just realized it’s the first time we have gone out with friends without DD since she was born! How did we become these people?? Almost all of our friends have kids around DD’s age so it always seems easier to just include them, but it will definitely be nice to socialize without also taking care of DD!
  • @bows22 enjoy a kid free night out! It's  definitely good to get those once in awhile. 
    For beating the heat, do you have any sort of splash pad or water park nearby?
  • @bows22 have an incredible time tonight!  You guys will all have a great time, I'm sure!  Can you set up a sprinkler for DD?

I am having a mom's night out tonight with 2 mom's from DS's school.  We are going for dinner and margs for a few hours, so it will be nice to have some girl talk tonight for a little!  Tomorrow we have my cousin's HS graduation party in the afternoon and then we are dropping DS off with his dad for the night so we'll be going out with some friends!  Sunday DH is golfing and then meeting me at the pool after to beat the heat!
    Our TTC Journey

• @bows22 Enjoy the kid free friend time. We do rarely see friends without DS too. It’s weirder for us, though because most of our friends don’t have young kids. 

Tonight we are playing mini golf with friends. Pretty sure DS is coming with us as I haven’t asked my mom to watch him. Hoping it’s not too weird. We may have another kid over on Saturday to use our bounce house, but I’m not sure because it’s going to be so gross out. If not, we may pull out the little inflatable pool because DS loves it. No plans for Sunday. Probably taking a nap. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • bows22bows22 member
    @gingermama29 @kpearse99 thanks! Water ideas are great but I am kind of worried about the sun? But getting a sprinkler maybe would work because then we would be home and can take breaks.

@kpearse99 sounds like you have a fun and busy weekend planned! enjoy the margaritas!

@mercury94 mini golf sounds fun! I bet your DS will love it. You’ll have to let me know if he does and then maybe we will take DD when we go on vacation. 
  • @bows22 have a good night! its always nice to have some time without the kiddos! 
    Were taking DS with us to the shower, and sunday we have a bbq that he'll join in too. We have been spending a lot of time at the pool though lately. He also really enjoys sensory play inside. We do playdoh and a few different activities that i've found on pinterest! It is hard to stay out of the heat though, if id let him he would play outside ALL day! There is also a local playtown place that has a lot inside to play with that he enjoys! I hope you find something fun!
  • @bows22 Eeek, have fun tonight!  Let loose a little and try not to worry too much about her.  It's good for you to get out and be an adult once in a while!  We are going to a small circus (no animals, just performers) tonight, and I'm worried it's going to be SO HOT, but we originally planned to go tomorrow and the weather made that sound like a terrible idea.  We plan the spend the whole weekend just on the boat/floating in the lake, I think.  Haha!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @bows22 We’ve taken him before and he didn’t get it all, just kept chasing the balls, because he loves balls more than anything. Hoping it goes better this time. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 I'm picturing your son grabbing the golf balls that you or YH shot right before they go into the hole  :D
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 that’s not too far off. We love mini golf. It was one of our first dates and DH proposed there, so we’re really anxious for DS to be old enough to enjoy it. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • bows22bows22 member
    @shamrocandroll thanks!  We have had other date nights and gone to some work functions and weddings but never just like - hanging out with friends like we used to pre-kids. I feel bad asking my mom to baby sit too often since she watches DD 2 days and usually has my niece and nephew 2 days so I’m sure she’s tired by the weekend. I make sure we get some date nights but friend time seems like too much of a luxury to ask for! These are our only friends without kids so we figured we should take advantage and do something that’s not kid friendly. 

That circus sounds so cute! And a boat/lake weekend sounds perfect. It’s so nice that you have that!
  • bows22bows22 member
    @photographerwife my DD is the same about being outside! It’s so nice that she loves it but bad when it’s so hot. We are going to target and a sprinkler may be purchased