Baby Names

Opinions on the name Jack?

I've found myself recently drawn to Jack as a first name. Is it outdated? My S/O is pretty solidly attached to the name Steven and I could handle "Steven Jackson" despite not liking his pick at all - it's in honour of a passed relative, so I understand the desire to use it.

I planned on using his second name if we have a boy.

What does Jack make you think of as a person?

Re: Opinions on the name Jack?

• My youngest son is Jack and I've had so many people tell me what a great name it is. It's classic and strong. I like Jack Steven or Steven Jack. I don't like the way Steven Jackson sounds. They both sound the same at the end. Just go with Jack!
  • LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Jack. I would say if you middle name it just use Jack not Jackson.
  • Loading the player...
  • mb0112mb0112 member
    Jack is great. Jackson is annoyingly trendy and popular.
  • jenEPjenEP member
    Jack is great. I don’t love Jackson, especially with Steven because of the ending sounds. Jack Steven is great. 
  • I don’t dislike it it’s just so boring. Literally from 4th-kindergarten the school is full of jack, Jackson, Jax, Jaxson etc.

My youngest sons baseball team had two Jackson’s, a Jaxson and a Jack our of 13 kids. 

Steven/Stephen is so great and unexpected 

• If you check out the social security name popularity you will see neither Jack or Jackson is outdated but more rightthissecond with high potential of dated in a few years 

• I’m super over Jackson (and all it’s stupid misspelled versions). But I absolutely love Jack. 

The only thing holding me back from using it myself...is silly. But, at my last job I had a friend/coworker named Jack. And on the calendar if he ever requested off, it showed up on the calendar as “Jack off.” He had to ask to have his last name initial added “Jack T. off.” 

I would do Jack Steven instead.
  • I’m super over Jackson (and all it’s stupid misspelled versions). But I absolutely love Jack. 

The only thing holding me back from using it myself...is silly. But, at my last job I had a friend/coworker named Jack. And on the calendar if he ever requested off, it showed up on the calendar as “Jack off.” He had to ask to have his last name initial added “Jack T. off.” 

I would do Jack Steven instead.

@daffodil_shoe (apparently I'm stuck in the box!!) That thought crossed my mind when we named our youngest DS Jack. But I've found that I don't think about it now. And I have yet to have anyone else say anything to that effect either. So don't let it deter you!
  • crf4crf4 member
    We love our Jack Louis’ name!! Jackson is really over done and at 6 I’ve only met a few other young “Jack’s” in hindsight I also like John as the proper name - Jack is a common nickname for John. 
  • @jenEP my cousin oldest child his name is Steven and she is currently pregnant with twins and she plans on naming 1 of them Jaxon.
    (Me)
    (32)
    Jonathan Hunter (Adopted)
    (2-27-10)
    TTC #1

• Jack is definitely better than Jackson!