Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 7/18

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Thursday 7/18

• Loading the player...
  • bows22bows22 member
    @inthewoods23 I wonder if the bc is making you have vivid dreams? Or they are signs of what to is to come in September!
  • @bows22 I don't think so since I don't remember having many dreams earlier this year or for the 8 years I was on BC before TTC.

@ejoseph16 right? I'm hoping this is a foreshadowing of what's to come soon!

The funny thing too is that one of the tests was one I've never bought before. I think it was either the dollar store or Walmart brand. It was pink! So it was just like, why do I have this in this dream?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • bows22bows22 member
    @ejoseph16 yep! If you are near cedar point I am not too far from you (but a different state). I don’t know if we actually have a warning but it is going to be hot! So we definitely need an indoor activity (or the local pool will be our fallback) are you happy that your H is going back to work because you want the house to yourself??
  • bows22bows22 member
    @emeraldduchess omg what a terrible dream. I’m sure you know this but my brother and SIL did IUI and my brother was so paranoid about that. After they were like there is NO way it happened. But what a mind f of a dream!
  • @bows22 I know, right?!?  No one told me that crazy dreams were part of the TTC rollercoaster. Hope you can make some fun plans for Saturday!  It's going to be over 100 here where I live, too. I'd rather heat than snow, though.  You don't have to shovel heat!

@inthewoods23 I hope your dream was foreshadowing what's to come in September!!

@ejoseph16 enjoy having the house to yourself. Not going to lie, I like that DH is working part time a few days a week this summer so I can have a break from the TV being tuned to soccer and ESPN! :D
  • @inthewoods23 so funny! I’ve been having some weird dreams lately, too... but not TTC related. 

@bows22 yep... northwest Ohio, here! MH drives me nuts when he’s home. I take extra classes over the summer towards my masters, and he takes days off to be with me. But it always falls on days I have major assignments due, so I can’t just BS with him. 

@emeraldduchess omg yes! ESPN, premiere league soccer, the Tour de France, South Park, king of the hill... family guy... shoot em up movies... I can’t anymore! I need some girly shows in my life! Lol
  • @bows22 Jealous it's your Friday!  Even in NH, it's supposed to be brutal with heat & humidity this weekend!  MH is also supposed to work on Saturday (outdoors), so that's going to suck.

@inthewoods23 I mean... technically it's possible... but not very probable.  Haha, stupid mindf*ck dreams.  My brain loves to do that kind of thing to me, too.

@ejoseph16 TB mobile is THE WORST!  It's always doing something screwy to me.

@emeraldduchess OMG that dream!  WTF to your dream brain, too!  GL at the RE!  Keep us posted!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• b_1029b_1029 member
    *lurk* @shamrocandroll I’m so sorry, friend ❤️❤️
  • @ejoseph16 my DH will watch any soccer game that's on TV. If there's no game on TV, he's streaming games on his tablet! My FIL is from Brazil, so loving soccer is basically in his DNA.  Everything stops for the World Cup, Euro Cup, Copa America, etc. He's big into the Premier League too (lots of Chelsea FC gear at our house!). 
  • bows22bows22 member
    @shamrocandroll I’m so sorry. I’m glad you are giving yourself a little time to wallow. We will think the positive thoughts for you until you are ready❤️ I hope you can do something nice for yourself today too. 
  • @shamrocandroll so sorry for CD1. What a rude awakening by AF! I think spending the time to wallow and feel your feelings is such a good thing to do. I find that helps me too. ❤️
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @shamrocandroll I’m so sorry about CD1. Take the time you need to wallow and then join us on the positivity train. We’d love to have you in the April BMB with us. 

@bows22 I’m so glad you were able to temp. I hope that means you got to go to sleep early. Enjoy your weekend. I hope you find a fun indoor activity. 

@inthewoods23 Sorry about the pregnancy dreams. I agree that it’s just your subconscious preparing for success in September. 

@ejoseph16 Mobile TB is so frustrating. Enjoy your time alone. Sounds like a good break. 

@emeraldduchess Good luck with the appointment. I hope it goes well and you get some helpful information for a good path forward. Also, that was a messed up dream. Sorry. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Month/Cycle: 7/5

CD: 21

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, OPKs, Metformin, Clomid, etc.

R/R: No clear temp rise this morning, so sticking around and making sure to BD tonight too, just in case. I actually prefer for O to be today anyway, because the timing would be better.  DH is out playing golf with my dad this morning. I’m hoping that goes well. They haven’t spent a lot of time alone together and the primary thing they have in common is me. But, I’m really glad DH is trying to bond with him some more.

CS/Q: Nope 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @shamrocandroll so sorry to see you back in WTO. Take care of yourself today, then get yourself up and at it again! Workout at a time that works best for you. That will make it the easiest on you. I set an alarm for myself mid morning over the summer. It’s that reminder for me that if I haven’t already worked out, I need to! 

@emeraldduchess ugh... I would kill him. We watched the USWNT in the World Cup, and we go to the international cup at the university of Michigan stadium every summer, but that’s my limit. 

@mercury94 it’s nice that YH is golfing with your dad... that alone time will be good for them. MH wasn’t good with that alone time at first (I’m a daddy’s girl and he was intimidated by that), but now he loves it. 
  • *lurking* @emeraldduchess That dream was AWFULLLL!
    Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • Month/Cycle: 2nd

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: sex EOD, OPKs, vitamins, exercise

R/R: DH is stressed about ttgp. He told me he's having a hard time with sex because now it feels more like a chore. 😥

CS/Q: nope

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 I get that... MH and I felt the same way at the end of cycle 1. Don’t let it be a chore. Only BD when you feel the mood. I also don’t tell MH when I start the FW, so he doesn’t feel pressured. 
  • @ejoseph16 I second the not telling YH about FW! I almost always know when it is (even when not TECHNICALLY tracking), but bringing it up just makes things very complicated (and unsuccessful in the bedroom). Guys are so sensitive for being so "tough." :lol:
    Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @Kathryn0903 - yes lots of people around here have had better luck keeping FW a secret from their H/SO's! It's annoying to have to strategize about how to approach the guys about it -- like ummm I thought they were supposed to like sex?? Why are stand up comedians always talking about how their wives don't give them any, hmmm?? -- I could write a book about how resentful it makes me if I spend too much time thinking about it! But hopefully if you just keep track and approach it as fun you'll get a better response from him. I've experimented with different levels of keeping my SO informed over the past few months...you'll find a good balance!
  • @shoogapoff Oh, I am so sorry.  That is really hard, but hopefully you guys will get a plan to move forward with.  Is there any way they can get you guys in sooner for your comprehensive?  I know how long a few weeks can feel when you feel like you're in limbo.  Big hugs!  Also, I don't think anyone would be upset if you decided to start posting in IF.  Those ladies know their stuff and could be just what you need right now.  <3 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @newmomtx06 Thank you.  Glad you got a girls' night, but sorry for no HIO!  Out of curiosity, how do you know you O'd specifically this morning?  I can usually only hone in on the day... but not the time of day.  Do you generally feel O pain?  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shoogapoff I'm so sorry your HSG didn't go well! Do not feel bad for being a downer. IF is a tough animal and quite the emotional roller coaster. Feel free to join in the IF thread even though it's Thursday, but if you need some time to process you are more than welcome to start posting in next week's thread. Or if it still feels awkward for a while then lurking is okay too until you're ready ❤️
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @shamrocandroll. I usually get really bad cramping in the am the day of O Along with the EWCM.  I do not know for 100% but it’s my prediction. 
  • @shoogapoff I’m so sorry. That is hard. I hope that you can get in sooner and start getting answers and a treatment plan. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @shoogapoff so sorry about your news today 😔 don’t feel bad for being a downer... this process is incredibly difficult. You need to feel how you feel. That’s what we are here for! 

@newmomtx06 I get it... I have a tendency to disappear in the afternoons as well. Especially during the school year. It’s much harder to post then! Get in that HIO today! It’s not too late! FX for you! 
  • @ejoseph16 @shamrocandroll @b_1029 @inthewoods23 @mercury94 Thanks,  ladies. I appreciate being able to tell all of you this stuff. :)
  • @bows22 Hopefully it wont be too hot! its like 90+ in arkansas right now. Im ready for fall! 

@inthewoods23 I hate it when my subconscious plays evil tricks on me like that! SO sorry!

@ejoseph16 I hear you girl, MH just went back from a two week vacation. I miss him a bit, but its so nice to get back in my routine!

@emeraldduchess Jeez! That sounds like that show Jane the virgin! That would be awful!

@shamrocandroll Im so sorry:( Take some time for R&R, sending love. 

@Kathryn0903 literally the worst thing about ttgp. >:(

@shoogapoff So sorry honey! Sending love to you too! 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: temping, OPK, prenatals, maca.

R/R: Nothing new! Just getting ready for a busy weekend. Trying not to die in this heat. This is our first month back TTGP and DH and I are both nervous and excited. 

CS/Q: Nothing really, still just trying to get the hang of the boards, and lingo!

• edited July 2019
    Oh, @shoogapoff I am so sorry that you got bad news at you HSG. All the hugs to you. 💜 I will echo what's been said, the IF thread is full of ladies with a wealth of knowledge. Come on over when you feel ready, we'll be there for you when you do. 

@photographerwife I think "try not to melt" is in all our weekend plans! (Where I am it's 70 right now but will be 100+ by Saturday.  Thanks, New England.)

@newmomtx06 glad you enjoyed your girls' night! Those are the best. :)

@whitealbum29 ugh, I hate confusing cycles. Because ttc isn't enough of roller coaster already, right?

AFM, we had a good appointment at the RE. I posted more details in the IF thread. More in spoiler.
    Basically DH's SA was normal, my hycosy scan was good, and despite a low AMH, my RE thinks I have a pretty good ovarian reserve (retesting AMH now). This cycle we're doing progesterone post-O because my luteal phase is wonky and we'll go from there. *TW* I also had blood drawn for RPL testing. *End TW*

Edit: add spoiler.
  • bows22bows22 member
    @mercury94 yes I finally got to bed on time! I hope your H and dad had fun golfing. I wish my dad and my H spent more time together because they are so similar but we just don’t have the time. 

@whitealbum29 oh that’s a good sign about the high reading. I hope O comes soon!

@shoogapoff oh I am so sorry about your HSG news. But thank goodness you had it done and now you know and can make a plan with your RE. 

@newmomtx06 a girls night sounds so fun! I haven’t done anything like that in forever. 

@photographerwife I hope your busy weekend is mostly indoors!