January 2020 Moms
Options

TW Tuesday 7/16

Who is being a twat waffle today?

Re: TW Tuesday 7/16

• Options
    Maybe the lack of responses here means that all the TW are gone!!!
  • Options
    @biolprof 🤣🤣 I didn’t encounter too many people today so I’m sure that helped! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m glad that it seems no one has any TWs, I know this week I don’t! I’m learning to tune everyone out lol
  • Options
    I’m a day late but I’ve got a coworker that regularly heats up fish in the break room microwave and then gets offended when everyone leaves.   
  • Options
    I’m a day late but I’ve got a coworker that regularly heats up fish in the break room microwave and then gets offended when everyone leaves.   
    What a monster! Seriously! Yuck. I love fish but never at work.
  • Options
    @jitterbug1419 that is the ultimate work crime 🤢
  • Options
    Mine happened Sunday. Asshole HOA board member came out of his home screaming at 7:30am at the other neighbors (who are apart of a different HOA) because they decided to get a head start on some construction work. I get it. It’s early. But 1) screaming doesn’t solve the damn problem. 2) he was being a totally racist asshole the entire tirade. Go back to your country osama. Speak English. Etc etc etc. I can’t believe this is someone who is not only my neighbor but also represents our community as one of three board members. Luckily my husband caught the tail end on video and we’ve sent it to the other board members as a formal complaint against him. 
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    @jitterbug1419 wtf. That'd a pretty standard work no no. I have to wonder if people who do that have a sense of smell. 

@stashattack omg, that's awful! I'm glad your husband caught some on camera and I hope the other board members take it seriously. I know it's out there, but in 2019 it is so hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that racism still exists. Like, why???
  • Options
    @stashattack Just wow. It’s one thing to think it, but another to say it out loud for everyone to hear. Hope he gets in some kind of trouble or maybe kicked off the board!
  • Options
    @peppyj9 right??
    @blackcat01 that’s exactly how I feel. I hope he does too. I’ve been emailing the VP of our board back and forth about this. This guy is such a hot head. We got a bad snowstorm last November that no one prepared for. It took us 5hrs to get from the city to home (usually an 1.5hr drive with traffic). Didn’t get suck till we got home and found our court hadn’t been plowed at all. 

He was the only HOA board member to pick up the phone and blamed our car for getting stuck and not the 4+ in of snow covering the huge speed bumps in our court. And wouldn’t stop speaking over me and threaten to hang up on me if I didn’t “calm down” so I hung up on him. Don’t tell me that we don’t need a plow, then blame my mustang for getting stuck then tell me to calm down jerk face. i so want him off the board. 
  • Options
    @stashattack wow what a massive jerk! That would drive me totally insane. I seriously hope for you and your neighbors that he gets the boot. How have the other members been reacting toward you/his behavior so far? Could you maybe get other neighbors to also complain so that you’re not the only one? I’m curious to know what happens!
  • Options
    @stashattack - Wow, sounds like he is a hothead and has a lot going against him. Maybe this'll be enough to boot him out of the board. BTW, 7:30am is a reasonable time to start working before the sun gets high and hot.

We've gotten called to the county a few times for our addition, and we've only just started. I wonder how many more complaints we'll get before we're done. The guy at the county knows us by name now, and knows we have all the permits required, so he tends to shut up those old nosy neighbors of ours.
  • Options
    Well I told the President right after it happened. And then DH was talking to another neighbor the other day who went to the VP who also lives in our court. The VP reached out so I gave her the video and told her what DH heard. It is known that he is a total asshat. So maybe this will be the straw that broke the camel's back. I sure pray it is.

I'm glad you have someone at the county level who has your back @marebear15.