Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 7/18

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Thursday 7/18

• Month/Cycle: 5

CD/DPO: CD25/11DPO

Timing: CD11, CD13, CD14 (confirmed ovulation on CD14)

Typical LP length: 11-13, this is my first month using bbt so it's my first time actually confirming ovulation with a temp rise. Until now I've been guesstimating my LP based on OPK's. 

Testing: I'll be waiting until a missed period in potentially 3 days, if that ever happens (just kidding I'll start testing frantically once I get my period as I have done in the past trying to convince myself it's not a 'real' period 🙉). Though I hope I have the fortitude to wait it out and have some acceptance this time round. 

R/R: I love podcasts, my commute to and from work is roughly an hour each way and they can really help me switch off from my job. But alas, I feel like I have listened to all of them, I particularly love true crime ones! Now I have to wait each week for one episode from favourites, patience was never a strength of mine!

• Loading the player...
  • babyodobabyodo member
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for the insight @b_1029! I took the OPK at around 3pm on CD12, and it wasn't with concentrated urine (had only been holding it about 2 hours). I got a faint pink line on an internet cheapie and an open circle on a CB digital, which is why I tested again at lunchtime on CD13 when I got my peak (with concentrated urine). So, it's possible I was actually O'ing on CD12 and didn't know it because of my inability to not drink a sh*t ton of water in this heat, lol. 
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• b_1029b_1029 member
    @ttcbabyodo ugh not sure where you are, but the heat is brutal! Hopefully that’s the case so you had great timing,!
  • I'm in Virginia (near the coast), where we're currently experiencing a brutal heat wave. The worst of it will be on Saturday, with an expected heat index of 113F.

• bows22bows22 member
    Lurking from wto - @ttcbabyodo that’s a pretty clear temp shift so I agree with @b_1029 that you probably just caught the end of your surge. I don’t you need to worry about your timing!
  • coming back for tags..
    Me: 38 DH:38.
    Dating Anniversary: 1999. Marriage Anniversary: 2001.
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • flowntheloopflowntheloop member
    edited July 2019
    @whattheavocado Sounds like you need to branch out on your podcasts! My hubby loves listening to sci-fi and horror podcasts on the way to work (he also has a long drive).

@ttcbabyodo Awww, sorry to hear about your hubby's lack of interest this go 'round. We have all been there! It is sometimes hard to take a step back and remember that they can have bad days/weeks/months too! Is there anything bothering him? Or is the TTGP process stressing him out in general? My hubby and I had to take a more casual approach because there was just WAY too much pressure with scheduled HIO/BDing.

@bluetickgal SO ready for this weekend too!

@b_1029 I feel you on the summer heat when trying to sleep! Blahhhhh! I've heard that taking a cold shower RIGHT before you get in the bed can help drop down your temp enough to help you relax?
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @whattheavocado Sounds like you need to branch out on your podcasts! My hubby loves listening to sci-fi and horror podcasts on the way to work (he also has a long drive).

@ttcbabyodo Awww, sorry to hear about your hubby's lack of interest this go 'round. We have all been there! It is sometimes hard to take a step back and remember that they can have bad days/weeks/months too! Is there anything bothering him? Or is the TTGP process stressing him out in general? My hubby and I had to take a more casual approach because there was just WAY too much pressure with scheduled HIO/BDing.

@bluetickgal SO ready for this weekend too!

@b_1029 I feel you on the summer heat when trying to sleep! Blahhhhh! I've heard that taking a cold shower RIGHT before you get in the bed can help drop down your temp enough to help you relax?
    I think it's a combination of him working long hours at his new job, and his naivete about the whole TTC process. I had spoken about it in the WTO dailies this week, but it seems he thinks that to him sex = pregnant, when in reality there is so much more to it than that. If only it were that easy! Especially now that we're older, it's a whole lot more complicated. And I think if I were to sit him down and explain all of the delicate intricacies about TTGP, he would just get overwhelmed (as you mentioned above) and wish I hadn't told him. 

• @ttcbabyodo Ooooh you have literally just described the first 6 months of my TTC. MH was completely uninterested in details, and tbh was actively asking me not to provide them, just tell him when we needed to HIO, and did not comprehend that there are multiple fertile days in a row in a month and then nothing. It took at least 6 months for him to realize that actual work would need to be done on this.

He's still not fully into the details, but he does understand now that we need to do it on certain days and asks for opk updates. Unfortunately if you think explaining it all would be more harm than good you're probably right, but keep hope that he eventually will realize there's more to it than what he currently thinks. <3 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @ttcbabyodo just to illustrate my point, MH had a text convo with a friend where he was point blank asked what our TTC plans are (rude, but ok then) and his response was that we've been trying for a year but we didn't really take it seriously until 6 months ago. Excuse me? :D I believe I have *always* been taking this seriously but ok... 

• @whattheavocado I second @kpearse99 on Root of Evil! It was really good! I also liked The Shrink Next Door, Bear Brook, Heaven's Gate, Uncover Escaping Nxivm, and Gladiator. I'm currently listening to Confronting OJ, Crime Junkie, The Murder Squad, All Killa No Filla, and I saw a new podcast coming called The Clearing that I think will be my next running podcast. Yes, I do run with true crime podcasts going, and YES it does scare the crap out of me sometimes :D 

• kpearse99kpearse99 member
    edited July 2019
    @mvt2003 holy moly, girl! That is a lot of podcasts  :D How do you sleep at night with that much true crime in your life?!?! hahaha I'm going to have to check some of those out!  Are those ongoing podcasts or just for the one story?  I prefer to listen to ones that have "endings" so to speak... and don't keep going for multiple seasons...
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 Actually, the reason there is so many is because I also prefer ones with "endings"! :) All of the ones I listed that I've finished are contained stories, most have like 6-8 episodes, and since I listen at 1.5x speed, I typically grind through them pretty quickly between my commute and running. All Killa No Filla, Crime Junkie, and Murder Squad are ongoing, but each one covers a single story. AKNF is a monthly episode (love that, less pressure), and Crime Junkie and Murder Squad are one per week.

• @mvt2003 There is a definite learning curve. It is so alien and strange at first! For the first couple of cycles I was like WTF is all of this? :lol:
    @kpearse99 Cherish every moment! <3

TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @kpearse99 Good luck tomorrow!

@mvt2003 Your chart still looks really good. FX your temp goes up tomorrow.

@flowntheloop Nice to see you here! It seems like we're never on the dailies together.

@b_1029 WTH?? We were supposed to be magical unicorns together this cycle. This is stupid.  <3
  • @ruby696 I know! It has been a while! I hope AF gets here quickly so you can start your next cycle!
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @flowntheloop that’s awesome you are understanding cervical position & texture...I’ve tried and have no clue what I’m feeling to know if it’s soft/hard or opened/closed. 🤷🏼‍♀️

@mvt2003 hopefully a day at home is just what you need to get to feeling better! 

@kpearse99 yay for a replacement sofa!! Hope your RE appt. goes well tomorrow and you get a plan of action going forward that you are happy with!

@ruby696 sorry for the BFN, but yay for getting the IVF cycle going soon! 

I’ve never listened to a podcast (DH listens to them at work but they are political, sports, or video-game related), I feel like I want to check some of these out now! 
  • flowntheloopflowntheloop member
    edited July 2019
    @bluetickgal I've been attempting it off and on for a few months now. I'm just now STARTING to get the hang of it. I've started to take notes and watch my calendar, and things are making a lot more sense! My main advice is to always check it whilst in the same position (I usually squat down on the floor)!

I had an AHA moment this month with it! Just keep trying!
    TTC #1 since 3/2019
  • @ruby696 That is so disappointing. What a rise, too. You have a good attitude about next cycle. :)

@kpearse99 What a win on the couch! What are you going to do? 

@mvt2003 dips here and there can be okay! You are still above the coverline.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 we've always had a small sectional in the living room so we are changing it up this time with a sofa and what's called a Chair and a Half... so slightly smaller than a loveseat.  I can't wait!

@ruby696 I'm sorry for the BFN today, but I love how you're finding the silver lining and really looking forward to the next chapter for you!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• b_1029b_1029 member
    @bluetickgal glad you'll get a more chill day at work tomorrow! and thank you!

@flowntheloop it's exciting when you can catch on! I stopped trying to do cervical position because I couldn't figure it out unless it was definitely high hah. I'm glad you and YH have been having fun! I'll have to try the cold shower trick.

@mvt2003 bleh I'm sorry you're still sick! I'm glad you were able to stay home and enjoy some time with the pup. 

@kpearse99 lol to "pathetic" timing. -3 and O aren't bad at all!! That's awesome about the new couch! Can't wait to hear how your RE appt goes tomorrow!

@ruby696 that's awesome about your LP - I'm excited for you! Sorry for the BFN, but I'm glad you'll be able to start the IVF process so soon! 

@sevenn FX those are good signs for you! Your lower temp was probably just because you weren't temping at your normal time. I know when I do the online BBT adjuster, if I temp late, it always adjusts the temp to be lower (I literally have no idea if that made any sense)

• @sevenn - oh how I wish it were that easy! LOL! MH gets up for work at 3:15am. Ain't nobody feel like doing the dirty at that time in the morning, haha. If we got up at the same time, or if either of us were morning people, then that would be ideal, but yeah, mid-week morning sex is not for us.

See, now, if we were able to come home to DTD at lunchtime, now that is something I can go for. I only live 12 minutes from work, but he's almost an hour away, so ehh. Oh well. 

• @bluetickgal I hear you on the audio books and I have tried but I'm hardcore for real books, I love the whole experience of reading books.

@mvt2003 @kpearse99 @sevenn thank you for the suggestions, I've just started Bear Brook as a result and love it.  There are some others I've added to my list now too.  Crime junkie is a long time favourite. @mvt2003 I also listen when running or walking my dog and it's usually dark too, plenty of people think I'm mad.

@ttcbabyodo I'm sorry it's been challenging with BDing. My partner also starts work super early and is just exhausted after work. We're still getting our timing right but each cycle it just feels more choresome I guess. He also seems to think sex=pregnant no matter how much I try to explain it, so I feel ya!