Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekly Randoms w/o 7/15

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 7/15

• @b_1029 I am convinced targeted ads are evil and listening lol. 

Also, hope your pup is ok! Did they get something specific up or just sick tummy? 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• b_1029b_1029 member
    edited July 2019
    @mvt2003 well for one my H is dumb. He gave the dog a greenie which he threw up, so he gave him another greenie to see if that’s what caused it or if his stomach was upset 🤦🏼‍♀️ But it was just the one time and he seemed fine this morning when we left for work, so hopefully we don’t come home to a mess shortly!

edited for grammar 
  • Loading the player...
  • @b_1029 ohhhh one of those times. My dog usually has issues from the other end with greenies lol. MH still gives them to her though! FX for no mess when you get home!

• @shamrocandroll no traffic light? That totally reminded me of Gilmore girls when a stop light got installed in stars hollow. Oh Gilmore Girls, sigh. I’m still upset about the addendum episodes. Anyone else? No? Just me? I don’t know why I still have such strong feelings about it at this point.

@b_1029 we refuse to get an Alexa because it seems really easy for “them” to listen in and target ads. It is crazy how often those “coincidences” happen...
  • @emeraldduchess I live clicking on this thread this week because your Dumbledore gif is spot on.

@begging4abump you didn't like the reboot? I hated it at first but now I really like it and I always get those musical songs stuck in my head lol
  • @b_1029 That stuff freaks me out so much. But not enough to give up my beloved smartphone. 
  • I've been getting ads for Owlet. I'm 100% positive it's because I read the Amazon Prime thread and someone mentioned looking at one.  That's creepy AF.
  • @ruby696 me too on Instagram and in my email. I actually think the bump sells emails to third parties for targeted ads.... 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @b_1029 My friend and I who walk in the mornings were taking about how a bird pooped on my on my honeymoon. The next day she had a bitmoji story of me getting pooped on by a bird and her standing there like 🤷‍♀️. Another day we talked about menstrual cups and she started getting bombarded with menstrual cup ads on FB. They're totally listening. Now we just try to throw them off with weird sh*t. 😂 
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @jennifer_louise (don’t mind me continuing a conversation from hours ago that everyone forgot about)...no, I didn’t like the reboot. Maybe it’s me? I just thought that Lorelei and Rory were super selfish people this time around, and I hadn’t gotten that impression when I had originally watched it unfold. Maybe it’s just that I watch it differently as an adult now than I had as a kid? Maybe looking back they were always selfish? I’m glad you enjoyed it tho! What made you change your mind about it?
  • Lol @begging4abump don't mind us!! At first I didn't like it because it wasn't "more of the same" but after I finished I decided to watch it again and I somehow liked it! I do think that the cliffhanger at the end was no way to leave things. Have you heard anything about a part 2?
  • @jennifer_louise & @begging4abump as I was reading this I was wondering if I had missed the second installment! I feel like with the cliffhanger from the first one, they have to do the second one, right?! I also wasn’t as big of a fan of the reboot, but I still enjoyed watching it! I think it was partly perspective change for me, and I do think they were a little more selfish...especially Rory, but maybe that was just because she was older & more confident too? 
  • @jennifer_louise @bluetickgal There’s more??? How did I miss that?? Rory=Lorelei, Logan=Christopher, and Jess=Luke, yes? So with that, I made some assumptions about the ending. I guess my appreciation of the show declined way back when Rory slept with married Dean, but then things seemed to get back on track. As much as I complain, I’d totally watch reboot part 2. 😆
  • there is nothing worst than being feverish and nauseous when it’s 100+ with the heat index. I hate everything today.
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin I'm sorry. Are you somewhere with AC?
  • @emeraldduchess I stayed home today. I couldn’t bare the thought of commuting in this weather. I’m getting light headed when I let our dogs outside currently bleh 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• So sorry @chichiphin stay inside and keep hydrating!! 

• @chichiphin Ugh, that sounds miserable. Try to drink lots of water.  <3
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    @chichiphin I hope you feel better. Getting sick in the summer is the worst! 
  • Current status: sitting at work daydreaming about planning a trip. Any suggestions? I'm in New England, and MH and I have talked about wanting to commit to some more travel. We just went to Virginia last month. I'm sort of "saving" California for a few years down the line (I want to do a long road trip up the coast). 

• @mvt2003 Are you looking for something driving distance?  Do you have a travel budget?  One of my favorite long weekend trips is Bar Harbor/Acadia.  It's still NE, but it takes a long time to get to, so it feels like its own world.  Another New England option that I love is Pittsburg (without the H), NH.  It's also referred to as "Moose Alley."  A lot of it is off the grid, and if you like camping, it's great for that!  There are gorgeous hikes and the Connecticut lakes are gorgeous for paddling.  Not to mention the likelihood of spotting moose there!  The Cape and Newport RI areas are wonderful for a beach trip. Montreal is another great driveable option outside of NE (and the US) if you have passports.  We were supposed to go in March, but we both got the flu and had to cancel.  :(  Lake George/the Adirondacks is beautiful.  Or Niagara Falls!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• I’m sorry you’re not feeling well, @chichiphin. Hope it’s a short lived illness. 
  • Thanks @shamrocandroll those are all great ideas! We went to Niagara Falls a couple of years ago, that was fun and we really loved Niagara-on-the-Lake! Maybe Montreal might be fun! I feel like we know a lot of people who have gone to Bar Harbor recently, maybe we should add that to the list. I'm also not opposed to a destination we need to fly to - I want to go to Chicago and see the Field Museum for example. I think we'll probably choose a place and then budget accordingly at this point.  

• @mvt2003 Bar Harbor/Acadia is my favorite spot on the East Coast!  It's ocean and mountains and it's just beautiful!  I ate so much lobster on our trip, haha!  For flying, The Grand Canyon is spectacular!  I also love DC and all of the free museums.  Plus happy hour is great in DC, if you're so inclined.  :)  Those depend on the time of year, though.  I wouldn't do them in the warmer months. 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll Ohhh I totally forgot about DC! As we passed it on the way to VA, we mentioned we wanted to go there! 

• @shamrocandroll I should also mention that we're saving $$$ for a splashy trip to WDW for the 50th anniversary too! But that's separate. 

• @mvt2003 DC is very doable on a budget.  There is SO MUCH to do for free there!  Hotels are expensive, but there are some good AirBNB options too!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll We had a lot of fun in VA, but I feel like we spent some unnecessary money there. If I had it to do over again there are a few items I would cut entirely. So all that to say I definitely want to do my research for my next trip and try to figure out what costs are "worth it"

• @mvt2003 I am going to live vicariously through you for the WDW trip! Not sure we'll be able to afford to go there for quite some time. Stupid peak-season prices. I wish they'd offer discounts to teachers during school vacation time, since that's the only time we can travel. Air fare alone is usually more than $700. 😔
  • @emeraldduchess I feel your pain, we're planning this one a couple of years out! I've told MH it's an absolute non-negotiable that I have to be at WDW for the 50th anniversary. I was there for the 25th, no way I'm missing the 50th. According to my research, they'll start the celebrations in October of 2021, and will probably go for 12-18 months. I'm hoping to go in January or March 2022. Since we're saving for a while, he floated the idea of staying at a deluxe resort, which I immediately said yes please to! 

• @emeraldduchess Also - I've been hoarding JetBlue points for these flights. I have a survey account that adds points to my JetBlue total when I take consumer surveys. It eventually adds up! 

• @mvt2003 I hope they don't do something silly to the castle like the time they turned it into a pink birthday cake. That was just...bad. Don't mess with the icon! 
  • @emeraldduchess I was thinking I've got to go through my family photos because I know for a fact I took a ton of pictures of that awful birthday cake castle lol! 

I'm hoping they do something more like what they did in Disneyland for the 60th! 

• @b_1029 @ruby696 Ok on a creepy note, I just looked at my fb and I have a sponsored ad for an adoption agency..... Too much time on TTGP and googling "9dpo symptoms"? LOL. 

• b_1029b_1029 member
    @mvt2003 has someone told you to “just adopt” recently?  :D
  • @b_1029 Ha is this Big Brother's way of saying it to me? :D 

• @mvt2003 TB is selling our discussion content - I'm sure of it!
  • @mokay19 No way, it's all profit - bonuses for board members! 😂
  • @mokay19 I fantasize about the day they make mobile bumping user friendly.