Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Wednesday 7/17

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Wednesday 7/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @inthewoods23 we are getting that weather on Saturday. Somehow we don’t have any plans so we will either be at the pool or inside in the AC! I hate crazy dreams that make you wake up in a panic, but it’s always such a relief that it was just a dream!

@newmomtx06 I agree this week is dragging for me too!
  • Options
    @bows22 I totally understand being over the heat. It's going to be 95 here this weekend with high humidity. This is Maine, nobody has AC and we can't  handle it. 

@inthewoods23 TTC has given me the most insane dreams! DH always asks me in the morning now, "what did you dream about this time?" Haha. I tend to dream pretty crazy things when I'm anxious anyway. 

Month/Cycle: 2/3

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: This month I plan to not temp/opk to lessen my anxiety. So, just prenatals, sex EOD, and trying to have fun with it. 

R/R: My rave is actually that I woke up to AF! Yesterday was CD 34 and I was starting to get annoyed at being late but not being pregnant. I'm happy to just be starting a new cycle. 

My rant is that after this cycle if we dont get KU we really should bench ourselves until December. We've been contemplating what to do, but having a summer baby isnt ideal because I make the bulk of my income in the summer. Unpaid leave during that time would suck... That being said, we both are kind of thinking oh well, we would survive 🤷‍♀️. Decisions decisions...

CS/Q: 

• Options
    @bows22 hey girl! Back to posting early! Enjoy that 80 degrees! We are looking at the hottest temps the next few days that we have had in over 10 years... 

@inthewoods23 crazy dreams are interesting. It always fascinated me that those are the ones you remember. 

@newmomtx06 I feel you on the weight loss front. I gained around 27 pounds with my PG/MC in the past few months, so I just joined WW and I refuse to step on the scale right now. It just terrifies me! 

@bluetickgal the power of positive thinking! April 2020 or bust! See you in TWW! 

@SimpleJane glad you’re happy about CD1! Welcome back to WTO! My doctor yelled at me for trying to plan around work. After my MC she told me to only wait a month, the. I started talking about waiting longer because we didn’t want to be due during state testing for my 3rd graders, and she yelled at me. Lol. But you do you! I get it when it relates to pay. Join us on our positive thinking for April train! 

Month/Cycle: 7/5/3 AL

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, CM, FF, PNV, folic acid, HIO EOD

R/R: Golfing was great yesterday! The boys got mad at me after the first 9 holes... we stopped for lunch and they wanted to just get a bratwurst/hot dog or something else unhealthy so we could get through the next 9 holes. I, trying to be healthy, made them eat in the clubhouse. Strawberry walnut salad for the win! 

Took advantage of prime day deals for real! Got some good classroom stuff (I got an amazon dot for like $3, an electric pencil sharpener, and lots of teacher supplies!), as well as home stuff. Also, my sister and her husband are renewing their vows in September, and she asked me to be her matron of honor. I was holding off on buying a dress hoping I would be KU by then. I just ordered my dress using prime day deals... it’s very fitted in the abdominal area. So, chances are good I’ll get KU now 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

CS/Q: I usually get fertile CM around this CD... so I was not at all surprised that it started today. Now I’m just hoping O comes quicker now that my body has reset. 

• Options

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 14 (no CH yet, so I guess I still go here)

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, BBT charting, CM & CP tracking, OPKs, Pre-Seed, Mucinex, and baby aspirin.

R/R: Rant - MH didn't "feel up to" HIO last night, so that put me in a crappy mood. Not just because I knew that today is O day, but also a gut-punch because I had been looking forward to spending time with him since I knew that Wednesdays & Thursdays are our busiest days (I have internship & class both nights, and he usually sleeps thru Wednesday night and hosts trivia on Thursday night), so it's like, I'll see this weekend then? Ugh.

CS/Q: Nada

Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    @bows22 I've been out of college for years and on a few occasions I've woken up thinking I forgot to do a HW assignment 😆. Also the pool sounds amazing with this heat! But the waters probably going to be so warm it won't feel refreshing.

@bluetickgal it's amazing what fresh paint can do! We painted our garage last year and it's like omg it no longer feels dingy and old in here! And yeah, I start the BC up one more time next week - I think on Tuesday and do that for 23 days. Which is dumb because I have to refill another pack just for the extra 2 days of active pills.

@SimpleJane that's a tough decision you have! It's hard to skip months.

@emeraldduchess we're all going to melt from the heat aren't we? 😆
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @bows22 I've been totally wired at night when I am supposed to be getting ready to go to sleep, too.  I can't figure out why, either. Maybe the heat is making it uncomfortable to sleep so my body stays awake? 

@inthewoods23 oh, ttc gives me sooooo many weird dreams, too. A lot of them have me waking up panicked and it takes a minute to realize it was only a dream. 

@newmomtx06 a wise friend of mine always says that scales are for fish. :) I'm sure the healthy changes that you've made are having a positive effect even if the scale isn't showing it. 

@bluetickgal definitely looks like you O'ed! Hopefully I will join you in the TWW sooner rather than later!

@SimpleJane I definitely get your relief at AF finally arriving.  I hate when I know that a cycle is a bust but AF takes her time. At that point I'm ready to just hit the reset button!
  • Options
    @ejoseph16 LOL at your doc yelling at you. But being a teacher too, I definitely get the anxiety about being on leave during certain times of the year!  The schools and students will survive without us though, no matter what time of year we're KU. :)

@ttcbabyodo ugh, I'm so sorry your DH wasn't in the mood last night. :( I hope you guys can spend some real quality time together during the weekend!

• Options
    Thanks @emeraldduchess & @whitealbum29. We BD'ed on Sunday (-3) and if we are able to HIO tonight then that would be O, so timing isn't terrible, but not the greatest either. Last month we were only able to BD at -4 and -2 and clearly that didn't pan out, lol. And yes, it does feel frustrating that a lot of the responsibility to timing and healthy eating/exercise/habits is all on me. And I'm such a Type-A planner person that it is literally unimaginable for me to just "wing it". No. There is no "winging it" when you're our age trying to make a baby. We're not spring chickens anymore.

• Options
    @whitealbum29 so good to see a fellow Mainer here! 
  • Options
    @ttcbabyodo - FOR REAL!! The guys need to get that through their heads! It doesn't help that everyone is so brainwashed to think you can get pregnant at the drop of a hat if you're not on hormonal BC at all times.
  • Options
    @ttcbabyodo, @whitealbum29 seriously!  When we first started, DH seriously thought it was as simple as one time with no BC. The other day he said something along the lines of "why was it so easy for so many people in high school?" 
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @bluetickgal that’s awesome that your house is going to be totally freshly painted soon. good luck in the TWW! See you in April!

@SimpleJane I’m glad AF finally arrived so that you can start a new cycle! Hopefully this is the cycle for you so that you won’t have to worry about whether or not to TTA. 

@emeraldduchess deep cleaning the bathroom sounds awful but the results will be worth it!

@ejoseph16 our forecast does not look amazing either but I’m glad for a small break today. And yes I was back to my early start today but only because I absolutely HAD to wake up and even still I cut it too close (partially because I took the time to post on TB haha). Great job sticking to your guns about a healthy lunch. I hate that it’s so hard for food to be healthy and convenient at the same time. 

@ttcbabyodo I’m sorry about your H. I would be frustrated too. Like, you have one job in this!

@inthewoods23 oh that’s a good point about the pool. It’s a pretty big community pool so hopefully it stays somewhat cool.  Otherwise we may just hibernate!

@whitealbum29 I hate the CM vs leftovers debate. I hope you just get a blazing OPK soon to clear up the confusion 

• Options
    @ttcbabyodo I’m having the same struggle with MH this cycle... it’s like come on! Seriously! This literally canNOT happen without your swimmers! Suck it up, buttercup! MH has a cold, and yesterday “hurt his back” playing golf, so I’m sure our EOD won’t happen tonight. 🤦🏼‍♀️

@emeraldduchess seriously! In the middle of the office, right after my US to confirm my MC. She was like “all we want right now is a healthy baby! DO NOT plan your life around your job! You teachers are all the same with test anxiety!” Then she laughed. Lol. She’s been my doctor since I was 16, so we joke a lot about my OCD and serious need to plan. 

@bows22 I mean, TB or being on time to work... priorities, am I right? Lol 
  • Options
    Hi, ladies! I’m still here. Just been stupid busy at work the last few days. I missed you. Trying to catch up on all the threads today. 

Month/Cycle: 7/5

CD: 20

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, Metformin, Clomid, OPKs, etc  

R/R: O is late, but positive OPK yesterday and actual O pain today, so we’re working to make sure we get good timing. It seems that what I thought was O pain on Saturday was actually the start of a mild stomach bug, but it’s all good now. Just means we got some extra BD in. I even set an alarm this morning to make sure we didn’t miss a chance. I’m learning that a BD alarm is so much more enjoyable than a get up bad go to work alarm  

CS/Q: Nope. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @ttcbabyodo, @whitealbum29 seriously!  When we first started, DH seriously thought it was as simple as one time with no BC. The other day he said something along the lines of "why was it so easy for so many people in high school?" 
    OMG yes! I remember after our first time unprotected, MH said, "First grandbaby - made!" And I was just thinking, "Yeah, no. It doesn't work like that." That was almost four years ago.

(Side note w/backstory: I've been off hormonal BC for five years, and during that time I used temping/charting to TTA, but there have been a couple times were we started & stopped TTC, so this time around is our first time seriously making efforts, if that makes sense.)

• Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @mercury94 I love your outlook on why you had a late O! You’re not allowed to go to March on me now! Also while you are catching up make sure you check out TW Tuesday haha

@firebaby688 ugh I’m sorry that Life things are getting in the way. I hope you can do things to keep the stress level as low as possible!
  • Options
    Thanks @bluetickgal! And you're so right about scheduling time for self-care. As soon as I woke up this morning, I was thinking about putting in for a day off to pamper myself with a massage. I have been so hyperfocused on TTC, grad school, and work that I am running myself ragged. And one thing I always tell my clients is: self-care is not selfish. You can't pour from an empty cup. It's time I took my own advice.

• Options
    @bluetickgal our house was built in 1969 and when we bought it so much of it was so dated. The wallpaper in the foyer reminds me of Christmas because it's dark red, forest green, and gold. The carpeting was all old too and we replaced that with a nice gray carpet and I think the higher end padding and it's so comfy to lay on now. Even some of the exterior and landscaping work on the house has really helped bring up the house in age! We cut down all the big bushy evergreen shrubs around the house and now it doesn't look stuck in the 70s/80s when you're outside.

If you look back at the weekly Randoms threads from may I to June I posted some before and afters of our deck project. Crazy expensive, but the end result is SOO amazing. We ordered some outdoor sectionals from Wayfair that should be arriving in the next 2 weeks and we are so excited! Hopefully it cools down soon so we can sit outside on them once they're all set up!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 my house was built around the same time and there were definitely some dated features. The livingroom/diningroom area was ALL dark wood panels. We couldn't take it down so we painted over it. I've been trying to convince DH to tear up the mauve carpet for years but he's afraid to see the condition of the hardwood floor underneath.  
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 2nd

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: sex EOD, vitamins, OPKs exercise

R/R: hard day today. I've been cutting back on soda(not getting rid of completely) and I have a massive headache probably due to caffeine withdrawal 

CS/Q: nope

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @bluetickgal, Yeah, we have vacation coming up Friday, and while the weekend part is going to be busy, starting Wednesday next week is the staycation part, so lots of relaxing and no work! I'll also plan way more relaxing stuff for the TWW if I do respond to the Femara (which I should, that was never the problem). 
    Me: 28, DH: 28
    Diagnosed with PCOS: Summer 2007
    Married: July 2013
    Began TTC: June 2015

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/58d258

• Options
    @ttcbabyodo yes, sounds like you definitely need a day of pampering!! I understand, it’s so much easier said than done to take time out for yourself!

@inthewoods23 whew, that took me a bit to find it, but I finally found a before/after. That looks amazing...huge transformation!! Did they basically rebuild the whole thing, or were they able to maintain the original structure at all? You will have an outdoor oasis with sectionals out there...looks like a nice big space!! I would love some nice comfy patio furniture...but our dogs would destroy it, so we have wrought iron patio furniture instead! Haha. Also, I love Wayfair...and Overstock! We got a dining room buffet from Wayfair and dining room chairs & our headboard from Overstock and love all of it! I never thought I would order furniture online without seeing it in person, but it has all worked out so far! Our house was built in 2000, so we definitely didn’t have the majorly outdated stuff like wallpaper (although there was brown shag carpet that we replaced)! We had a huge wall of box woods out front that we took out and replaced with a variety of colorful plants, made a huge difference for the curb appeal! Being a home owner is hard at times, but it’s so fun making it your own!! 

@Kathryn0903 hope your caffeine headache goes away quickly...mine didn’t last too long last week after giving up coffee.

@firebaby688 that sounds great, enjoy your staycation!!
  • Options
    @bluetickgal yes the entire thing was rebuilt. The house originally was only a balcony and then the previous owner connected the 2 sides to make a quarter circle shaped deck. My favorite thing to rage about was the bench seat/railing because it was completely open underneath so a small child could crawl under and fall right off. And it's a full story up!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 well that’s super scary...glad you fixed that so it’s much safer and looks great!!