December 2019 Moms

PGAL Discussion July

1. How many weeks are you? 

2. Previous loss(es)? 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? 

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up?

GTKY: What's your favourite season?

Re: PGAL Discussion July

• 1. 14w6d
    2. MMC Dec 2018
    3. Having a hard day. Physically - headaches, hips hurt.
    4.Midwife tomorrow. Anatomy scan July 26.
    5. Rant: I'm having a hard day today. I am 6 days into the second trimester and feeling a lot of pressure from my in-laws about announcing the pregnancy. I have asked them to hold off talking about it until I tell my family (who I don't see very often). I'm telling my mom today, and plan to call my other parents (complicated family) after I've told her. But like...only 6 days into second trimester. I don't feel like that's an exceptionally long time to wait?

Mostly the farther away I get from my last check in the harder it feels to tell people. I'm really looking forward to my midwife appointment so I can hear the heartbeat again.

Question: How do you manage your relationship during pregnancy to family members who you have complicated relationships with?

6. My due date for my MMC is in 4 days.

7. Favorite season? I think fall - perfect mix of warm days with the possibility of sweater weather. 

• @jandawg I am sorry our mother in law is pressuring you too share, that is frustrating.  My mother was a little pressuring and it got to me.  My MIL on the other hand doesn’t seem to care much, I guess in.case I miscarry again.  I am sorry your DD is coming up, days like that are so hard.   As to your question, I have cut out almost all complicated family relationships.  I know that isn’t always possible (or desirable) but it was what we needed to do.  TW my brother committed suicide 2.5 years ago, and it really changed me.  Plus, I place the blame on a lot of family members.  Throw in that I have 2 special needs kids and people’s crappy judgement and I am done.  
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 15w3d

2. Previous loss(es)? Mmc 2/12 molar pregnancy 8/17 CP 10/18 and 12/18 and possibly 2 others.

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?   Today was the first day I didn’t need zofran for a while.  I don’t expect this to be a daily occurrence, but I will take it!    Emotionally, not the best.  I can’t really pinpoint anything specific, just stressed and anxious.  I was upset all the last few days because I had an appointment and was terrified of getting bad news.

4. Any appointment updates?  I had an appointment yesterday and everything was good.  I have my AS scheduled now for a few weeks.  I am already getting anxious about getting bad news.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?  I am feeling flutters regularly now, which is really reassuring.  

6. Any milestones coming up? Not really

GTKY: What's your favourite season? Fall.  I love the weather, activities and food.
  • @holly321 thank you for sharing your experience and advice. Even just knowing that others are going through similar things helps so much. I'm so glad your appointment went well and that's so exciting you are feeling flutters!
  • @jandawg DD are hard. We passed one June 12. They can be rough. 

My family is largely uncomplicated. My husband’s family is not. We limit time with MIL because of issues. I guess that’s my best advice. Limit time and exposure. 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Type your comment1. How many weeks are you? 15w4d 

2. Previous loss(es)? MMC in May 2017 and MC later in 2017

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Physically alright. Frustrated at the gestational diabetes. But that’s just what it is. Emotionally super anxious. Work is a stressful ball of mess. We moved recently and the house isn’t settled yet. And pregnancy. All that anxiety.  

4. Any appointment updates? Next appointment is July 19. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I hate gestational diabetes. And I’m pissed it was diagnosed so early. 
    Anyone taken anti-anxieties while pregnant. OB is considering prescribing one. 

6. Any milestones coming up? I think we are going public today or tomorrow. 

GTKY: What's your favourite season? Fall. I love the weather and college football. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• @stac928 my obgyn had me on Zoloft while I was pregnant with my son. It helped a lot, unfortunately , it made me too tired in the middle of the night ( I had a baby and a dog waking me frequently) so I chose to stop.  That was a bad decision in hindsight.  I remember having a major panic attack’s later in pregnancy.
  • KTZ17KTZ17 member
    1. How many weeks are you? 16 weeks 3 days

2. Previous loss(es)? Complete molar pregnancy with 5 months of chemo in August 2017.

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Still anxious that something is going to go wrong even though everything has been good so far.  Physically I’m less tired than first trimester but dealing with constipation whomp whomp. 

4. Any appointment updates? I passed the first glucose challenge on Friday so I think I will be retested at 26 weeks.  I have another appointment next Thursday to monitor my blood pressure and then the anatomy scan July 31st.  At the NT screening the baby was facing the wrong way so we didn’t see him or her very well.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Not right now.

6. Any milestones coming up? Nope

GTKY: What's your favourite season? I’m a teacher so I love the freedom of summer, but my favorite season is spring because winter seems endless, so I look forward to the first flowers and cherry blossoms.

@Stac928 I am so sorry you’ve been diagnosed with GD so early.  I was eating as if I had already been diagnosed and it is so frustrating trying to figure out what to eat.  I am still convinced that I will be diagnosed later.  I have a recommendation for you: Yasso greek yogurt bars.  Last time I found I was able to eat one after dinner and keep my sugars within range.  Also dark chocolate with almonds.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • @KTZ17 thanks! I had GD last time too. So it was expected (that’s why I was tested so early). And just like last time my fasting sugars are the biggest issue. I’ve done fine on after meal values. Even on insulin last time I never got fasting values as low as she wanted. But DS was only 7 lbs 1 oz so she seems less concerned this time. 

I’ll look for those bars! 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• @Stac928 - thanks, yes I think limiting time and exposure are a good idea. DH and I are trying to figure out what types of boundaries we need to be setting. 

@KTZ17 the cherry blossoms!! Ok, I love fall but the cherry blossoms are pretty stellar. I do love spring flowers.
  • @jandawg how is the family stuff going? Any improvement? 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Hi @Stac928 - thanks for asking!

Things have been better recently. I had a work thing out of town so I've been away for two weeks and it's nice to get some space. We also started telling people so hopefully they feel less stressed about keeping secrets. DH and I have talked about boundaries and it feels like we're on the same page. We'll see what happens when I get back though