Pregnant after IF

1st trimester check-in week of 7/15

Happy Monday! As always, let me know if I missed you in the roll call 

• How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: Do you have any fur babies? Show them off and tell us about them :)
Calling!!

@emmasemm EDD 3/7

@k_mama91 EDD 12/5

@Tulips25 EDD 1/11

@cigaline EDD 2/10

@celticknotfire EDD 2/27

@ivfsurvivor EDD 3/3

@love112314 EDD 3/9

@sincethelastday EDD 3/10

@bluguitarhannah EDD 3/10

Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 1st trimester check-in week of 7/15

• @Tulips29 - OMG! Your dog is adorable!! 😍😍 

Although I’m not anywhere near the 2nd trimester yet, I feel like I will totally be thinking the same thing as you with when to tell people. Some of my friends never even thought about miscarriage in their 1st trimester and that’s all I feel like I think about right now. I wish I too could just sit back and enjoy. Really hoping you feel comfortable and confident soon to announce the news and that you in turn receive a ton of great, supportive reactions! 

• How far along/EDD? 5w6d 3/10
           • 
    How are you feeling this week? Still having    
     on and off mild cramping throughout the            day, but no other symptoms so far. 
            • 
    Rants/Raves? Questions? I’ve been worrying a lot more this week than last week about this pregnancy not continuing. I don’t have any basis for these worries, but I’m having a hard time just enjoying being pregnant. Every time The Bump gives an update on where the baby would be at in development, I can’t help but think, “Well, maybe mine has stopped developing and it’s only a manner of time before I miscarry.” I’ve never been pregnant before and I’m naturally a big worrier, so maybe these worries are all normal to have, especially after IF? Either way, I hope I can settle down my anxiety a bit. 

I was also wondering if any ladies have joined their birth month board on The Bump either this time around or with a previous pregnancy? I briefly went through the March 2020 board and it just seemed so overwhelming with so many ladies! I’ve been a regular on the TTTC board on here for months and it’s a pretty small, tight knit group, so I’m curious what others’ experiences have been with a bigger board like that and if they’ve found it helpful. 

• Any upcoming appointments? My 6 week US is next Monday (July 22). I’m quite nervous for it. I’m hoping I receive positive news! 

• GTKY: Do you have any fur babies? Show them off and tell us about them. We have a 2 and a half year old Shichon (part Shih tzu and part Bichon Frise) named George. He is quite the mischief maker and very curious! He loves long cuddles and sunbathing on the back porch. His favorite food is probably everything, but especially peanut butter. 

• Loading the player...
  • @sincethelastday thank you! Your pup is adorable as well! I love his coloring and the specs of that beige, especially around his eyes :smile: I feel like the worrying never stops and is totally an IF thing. I've had those same exact thoughts as you all along as well. It's not healthy and I really wish we can all just enjoy this. As for birth month groups, I've tried previously and just couldn't do it. I feel like it's a completely different vibe there. I'm sure there are plenty of nice ladies out there, but most of them went through natural pregnancies and I've just seen a lot of snarkiness and complaining. I feel like this board is much more my type of a vibe, perhaps because we all went through the same struggles and look at this a bit differently. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Love all the furry friends! @Tulips29 that scarf!! 

I am pretty passionate about the lack of adequate healthcare for women (Did you know that literally ZERO phase one clinical trials for drugs use women or female cells?!? Even for conditions that affect more women than men. So if there are drugs that would work for women, but not men, they never make it to market!), so in an effort to bring women’s health issues forward, we have always announced pregnancies (and our IVF process) right away, publicly. If we don’t put our struggles out there how will anyone know they exist? It doesn’t mean I don’t feel the worry or anxiety over possible loss, because I definitely do - every day, but instead of just DH and I dealing with any setbacks alone, we have a large support network who all know what we are going through. 

• How far along/EDD? 10+3, 2/8
    • How are you feeling this week? Heartburn!! Ugh, I had to “sleep” sitting up in bed last night, it was awful. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I know it’s definitely way too early, but I swear I felt baby flutters today....so that was pretty neat! 
    • Any upcoming appointments?
    • GTKY: Do you have any fur babies? Show them off and tell us about them   We have one cat, Foebe. She hides all day and only comes out when our son goes to bed hahaha! I’ve had her for over 10 years, she’s the most low-key animal I’ve ever met. 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @k_mama91 I am so sorry you are going through all of this.  I had a kidney stone once and it's a pain I will never forget.  That's great that everything went well with the US but everything else is super scary.  I hope you are able to have some time to take care of yourself.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @k_mama91 are they sure the Braxton Hicks are caused by the bleeding? Often a UTI or kidney stones will present as contractions in pregnant women. Either way, it sounds like you’ve been through the ringer :( I’m really sorry you’ve had all this added stress. (On a side note - you are definitely a little bananas with those three!! I don’t know how anyone manages a large dog, let alone three. No way I could fit in walking a dog every day!) 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you ladies! I’m hoping for no major issues after my scan today so I can have one less worry.

@PoeMasque They’ve been happening since before the kidney issues which is why they’re concerned. That’s not to say I didn’t have the kidney issue without symptoms at that time though. As for dog walks..we have a fenced in yard, out they go! They actually walk us 😂

@emmasemm Congrats on your scan! It’s so exciting to hear the heartbeat! I’ve technically been on restriction since 11 weeks so no heavy lifting, repeated bending at waist, sex, strenuous activity. Complete bed rest may help but I haven’t been instructed to do so yet. I’m being extra cautious but with a kiddo and house to keep running I can’t be completely bed bound.
  • love112314love112314 member
    edited July 2019
    Aww, I love animals! The pet pics are all so adorable :) Thanks ladies for sharing 

@emmasemm that's awesome! I actually had brown spotting Sunday (about 1.5 days after sex) and was freaked out. My RE said it's nothing to worry about. I also was spotting last night/today (u/s 1.5 days ago) so I'm guessing it's related to an irritated cervix also.

@k_mama91 GL with your scan!

• @emmasemm I teared up reading your second spoiler!  I am so happy for you!!!!
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @Tulips29 - thanks for the insight regarding the birth month groups. I just feel most comfortable being with other IF ladies, so am very happy being on this board! 

@love112314 - congrats on 2!!! Wow, how exciting, but also surreal I bet! Really hope things continue to look great at your next US. And, yeah, although I wish we could both not worry as much, it’s great having company in the worry boat! Lol

@PoeMasque - that’s a really great outlook to have when it comes to announcing the news - it’s brave and bold of you (I don’t think I’m there yet lol). 

@celticknotfire - good luck at your OB appointment! Is this the first time you’re meeting them? Hope the nausea settles down a bit for you! 

@k_mama91 - so sorry to hear about the health issues and pain you’ve been experiencing! Really hoping you get some concrete answers soon and that everything goes well. I can totally see me worrying a lot with all that as well naturally so. 

@emmasemm - thank for that mantra! I’ll have to give it a try! I feel like I would be a little less of a worry wart if I could just have a couple other symptoms. I keep reading that some women still don’t feel that different at 6 weeks, but I think I would just feel reassured that I am still pregnant if I had just a touch of fatigue or nausea (I should be careful what I ask for lol). And congrats on your scan!!! That’s wonderful to hear and hope things continue to progress well for you also! 

Also love everyone’s fur babies!! And love all the unique names!!
    • How far along/EDD? 5 weeks 5 days if I believe Ovia counter
    • How are you feeling this week? tired, bloated, cranky.  My wife noted I'm peeing a lot.  I think that was happening just on PIO and other meds but interesting she noted it.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? PIO lump on left is now a red lump. Sigh, ready to get past the shots.
    • Any upcoming appointments? 7/26 2nd ultrasound, 1st measured a week off so a bit nervous
    • GTKY: Do you have any fur babies? Show them off and tell us about them 3 cats, 2 boys and a girl. One is a nub tail, other tabby and grey and white.  They are a hot mess.  Will steal any food you have and have been known to raid the pantry if not secured well enough.  Also, they are all night cuddlers which is sweet. Malkha, Devin and Parker
    @Tulips29 Re: Birth month clubs - I just take what feels useful and bracket in my mind that most of that group feels like they are having an alien experience. It's great that's their experience but I certainly need this space for the angst that I think infertility creates for most.  Even without a fertility struggle for my wife and I to create a family there could be no suprise pregnancy or just simple path.  I think honoring what works for you.

Hope those with major symptoms get some relief.  I'm looking forward to nausea as a sign the pregnancy is working.  If you are struggling with nausea there is a device called the Relief band.  It's safe for pregnant women.  I have struggled with serious vertigo and motion sickness over the years and the device changed my life.  It's pricey but has been the best thing I ever tried for nausea including all the prescribed medications.
  • @bluguitarhannah sounds like your cats are just preparing you for parenthood! My son usually helps himself to anything I’m eating and - if the cupboards didn’t have child locks - he would demolish any food he could get his hands on! 

For those not having symptoms, don’t feel bad for wishing you had them. I remember wishing for something more than a little reflux (which I just didn’t feel was a “true” pregnancy symptom) the first time around. I thought my first would be my only pregnancy and I wanted the full experience, so I almost felt cheated out of that. I spent a lot of time feeling guilty for wishing I was miserable and I realize now I had every right to want that connection to my pregnancy early on. 

@emmasemm 126 at 6+4 is amazing!! So glad you had a great first scan :) 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque - thanks for your words on symptoms. They made me feel better and not crazy for feeling that way! 
  • MomifbyseaMomifbysea member
    edited August 2019
    @PoeMasque just lurking, haven’t been on the Bump in a couple of months now but am thrilled to see you here and wish you the best! And I feel you on the heartburn, I slept sitting up with head tilted slightly forward, more of an awkward doze I guess, almost the entire pregnancies.
  • @Momifbysea awwwww just saw this and so happy you lurked on me! I hope everything is going well with you and your family! 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker