Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 7/16

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Tuesday 7/16

• Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, BBT charting, CM & CP tracking, OPKs, Pre-Seed, Mucinex, and baby aspirin.

R/R: I'm still laughing over something MH said last night while we were watching Bohemian Rhapsody on Hulu. He pointed to the actor playing John Deacon, who is the same actor who played the kid in Jurassic Park, and said, "He got shocked by dinosaurs!".  :D It's silly little things like that that remind me why I'm so in love with him. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

CS/Q: So...either it was really hot in my bedroom last night, or my body hates me and wants me to O today (3 days early). I took two OPKs yesterday (one CB digi, one internet cheapie) and they were both negative, but this temp spike is super out of the ordinary for me. And the O pain I was getting yesterday is still here today. I had watery CM since Saturday, and am getting sticky CM today. We had BD'ed on Sunday, and I'm hoping to HIO this evening just in case.

Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Good morning, ladies! 

Month/Cycle: 12/11/1st cycle AL#2

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: Prenatal vitamins, Fertility Friend, temping, OPKs, observing CM, currently undergoing testing with RE

R/R: Very sleepy this morning, I don't think one cup of tea is going to be enough!  I am already seeing back to school ads and Target already has their displays up. No. Nononono. Too soon! It's probably only a matter of days before the Halloween candy appears in the stores. 

CS/Q: Nope. Still a few days from O I think. OPKs were dark yesterday but no EWCM yet. 

• Month/Cycle: 14/9/4 AL

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: Femara, Metformin, prenatal, Conceive Plus, HIO EOD, BW on CD21, temping/tracking with FF.

R/R: I’m having a much better day today than yesterday...positivity paid off! DH and I have committed to working out 4 days again this week, so I’m excited about that! 

CS/Q: I’m pretty sure with the temp spike this morning and the major O pains last night, O has happened...but I’ll probably stay here until I get CH’s if that’s ok. 

@ttcbabyodo awe, I love little reminders like that...especially when they are random/unexpected!! ☺️ Hopefully O hasn’t happened yet or at least the HIO this weekend has you covered if so! 

@inthewoods23 I’m so sorry about your friend’s announcement and how hard it hit you!! Sending hugs/positive thoughts!! Hope you have a good day today and can get the prescription stuff straightened out with your insurance! 

@bows22 sorry your sleep schedule got messed up, hopefully you can get back on track tonight! Oh, and enjoy those martinis!! 

@emeraldduchess sorry you are sleepy, hope the tea at least helps!! That’s crazy school starts back so soon! Ugh, yes...I hate that stores rush everything and make it seem like time goes even faster than it does...it kills me when they go straight from Halloween stuff to Christmas stuff and sometimes even overlap the two! 

• @bows22 ooooh enjoy those lemon drop martinis! 

@ttcbabyodo so sorry for the confusion and that your body is being weird. FX for good timing even if O is early!

@inthewoods23 I don't blame you one bit for crying it out.  I'm glad your DH gave you some space and that you're feeling better this morning. So many hugs to you. 

@bluetickgal that's one beautiful temp-spike! Hooray for working out together! DH and I go to the gym together at least 3 nights a week and it's great to be able to motivate each other. I don't think we'd go as often on our own.
  • @whitealbum29 - We loved Bohemian Rhapsody. We had already seen it in theatres, since MH's favorite frontman is Freddie Mercury. The similarities in the actors they got to play Freddie (mostly his voice) and Brian May are uncanny.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 5 (@bows22, we're cycle buddies!)

WAYDTGKU: Femara, CD 13 US, trigger shot, timed intercourse

R/R: I woke up and read a guy tweeting his "unpopular opinion" that the Men's Rights Movement has good points and could work well with the feminist movement. As a hardcore feminist, I'm still a bit ragey on that. (Sorry to get political)

CS/Q: Nope

Me: 28, DH: 28
    Diagnosed with PCOS: Summer 2007
    Married: July 2013
    Began TTC: June 2015

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/58d258

• Month/Cycle: 2nd

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: opks, HIO EOD, vitamins, exercise 

R/R: today is DH and I's 3rd wedding anniversary!

CS/Q: nope

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ttcbabyodo MH does stupid jokes and I get smitten too. Glad he gave you a good laugh! Such a random thing to say lol

@bows22 enjoy the martinis! I've never had a martini but a lemon drop one sounds like it would be tasty!

@emeraldduchess even though I expected it I was still like wtf when all the summer stuff started going on sale in late June. Like what the hell, summer just started! You can bet the Halloween candy goes up as soon as the school supplies is out!

@bluetickgal that looks like a great temp jump!

@ejoseph16 I'm pretty sure I would have been a major crab if DH woke me up to BD! Good for you for HIO! Enjoy golfing!

@whitealbum29 I feel like any TTC advice is both good and bad. Like what may work for 1 person won't work for another. And based on needing to BD after trigger shots before IUIs and egg retrievals, I would assume they want fresher sperm for those procedures. Like sperm quality might suck if it's been sitting for 2 weeks instead of 2 days.

@firebaby688 I'm sorry what? Do men not realize they have all the rights in the world while we're struggling here? Sheesh.

@Kathryn0903 happy anniversary! DH and I just had our 3rd earlier this month as well 🙂
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • bows22bows22 member
    @emeraldduchess hope you were able to caffeinate appropriately! And I know, summer is flying by! My MIL has to go back for the pre-student stuff in like a month and I can’t believe it. 

@bluetickgal that’s awesome that you guys are committing together to working out! DH and I keep saying we need to get on track but we really need to take action. 

@ejoseph16 I have to be out of the house extra early tomorrow so hopefully I can drag myself out of bed! Hope you are having fun golfing and not too hot!

@whitealbum29 I’m sorry for the confusing cycle. Everyone has an opinion about TTC! I usually get annoyed but it sounds like you took it in stride. 

@firebaby688 reading something annoying first thing is the worst. hope you were able to shake off the rage!

@Kathryn0903 happy anniversary!

@inthewoods23 they are so good! I’ll snap a pic later if I remember. Basically (very) alcoholic lemonade 

@ttcbabyodo woohoo! 

• @ejoseph16 hope you had a good day golfing!! 

@whitealbum29 glad you had a good acupuncture experience yesterday! Does it hurt at all, or is it relaxing? 

@firebaby688 hope you had a good day despite the rough start! 

@Kathryn0903 happy anniversary!! 

@emeraldduchess & @inthewoods23 thanks...I think it’s the biggest spike I’ve gotten, but I still can’t wait to see those CH’s for confirmation (that’s why not temping last cycle to be “stress free” was actually more stressful...because I didn’t get any confirmation until my BW!) 
    And yay @emeraldduchess for working out with DH...it is such motivation knowing you are both in it together! 

@ttcbabyodo glad you tested again and caught your surge!! 

@bows22 thanks...it definitely helps that we keep each other accountable! I totally understand...we said we were going to get after it well before we actually did! Hopefully we can keep this up though! Maybe you and your DH can start small...just a night or two a week of something active you both enjoy? 
  • @bows22 that looks so yummy...enjoy!
  • bows22bows22 member
    @bluetickgal thanks! We were taking nightly walks in the spring but then it got so hot. Maybe we need to just suck it up haha
  • @bows22 walking is our preferred form of exercise too, but you are right...the heat has made that basically impossible! We have a small home gym set up with some free weights & an ancient elliptical given to us by my in-law’s, so that’s been our go-to lately...but I am actually looking forward to Fall now so we can start walking again! 
  • @bluetickgal It was very relaxing! A couple of needles hurt a little when she placed them but they're super thin (she compared them to cat whiskers) and go in very superficially, not deep in the skin. She said it might feel like tweezing your eyebrows but seemed less painful than that. I was sooo relaxed afterwards, almost woozy in a good way when I walked home!