Babies on the Brain

WRW July 2019

I'm starting this on a Tuesday because.... why not?!

----------------------------------------------

When do you think you will start TTC? 

What brings you to WRW?

Any R/R?

GTKY: what are your guilty pleasures in life?  

Re: WRW July 2019

• When do you think you will start TTC? mmmm maybe next week!  :o 

What brings you to WRW? DH and I are still talking about all of this, but I still have my IUD in. I have an appt next Thursday to take it out because we established that as our deadline to make up our minds. It seemed fine when it was 2 months out.. but now that it's next week, we gotta make up our minds! and soon! it's kinda freaking me out. 

Any R/R?
    Rant: 
    I can't seem to keep up with cooking and keeping my kitchen clean and it's driving me crazy that it's not a bigger priority for me. 

Rave: we had a super fun 4th of July pool-party and I can't wait to make it an annual tradition at our house!

- planning out craft or home decor projects (but rarely starting or finishing them)
    - watching the bachelor/bachelorette (it's awful, but I can't stop)
    - ordering appetizers and desserts when I go out to dinner and skipping the entree all together (it's wonderful, in case you've never tried it)
  • @mamaqdubu Next week, holy cow! I have an IUD too and I'm really uncertain about what would happen to my cycle if I got it taken out. I know my OB said that there's no adjustment time when it's taken out, but do you have any idea what's actually supposed to happen? Also, appetizers/desserts for dinner sounds amazing

When do you think you will start TTC? Could be next month, or next year, or never

What brings you to WRW? Chattin', got my rescheduled annual in about two weeks and I need to have a heart to heart with my DH about trying again because it would be the perfect opportunity to get my IUD out. Maybe? Actually I don't know how that works if I don't tell them before I show up.

Any R/R? Four day weekend was am-a-zing! It's made it hard going back to work and handing off my home responsibilities again. It's making it really hard to focus at work, but that's kind of always a thing. 

GTKY: what are your guilty pleasures in life?  Hallmark movies, a midnight bowl of ice cream when I know I should be sleeping, and cheesy match-3 games on my phone
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • KFrobKFrob member
    When do you think you will start TTC? Maybe a year and a half....maybe never

What brings you to WRW? Like minded people to commiserate with

Any R/R?  
    Rave:  Work always gives us a half day the day before a holiday, and I took the 5th off.   It felt like a mini vacay.  I still sent the kids to daycare on Friday and I went to Target for grocery shopping at like 9 am, then spent the remainder of the day taking down wall paper in our stairwell and upstairs hallway.  Shopping with no kids was amazing and I felt so accomplished finally getting the wall paper down.  Now DH and I need to figure out when to paint.    

Rant: I posted in the June WRW that I am in the middle of weaning from the pump and keep having these crazy hormonally induced waves of PPD.  Last week I felt GREAT!  Then I dropped a pumping session and since Saturday I've been completely exhausted, anxious, and a general mess.  

Starbucks.  I have a serious latte addiction.
    Keeping Up With the Kardashians
    Stitchfix 

@mamaqdubu I've been working on trying to let things go when it comes to cleaning.  Its so hard!  When I lived by myself when DH and first started dating I was so proud of my ability to be clean and organized.  Now, a DH, SD, and 2 biokids later it's impossible.  Also, I like your style with the dinner order  :)      

@artlea2013 samesies, going back to work has been so hard!
  • @artlea2013 I have no idea what to expect. I'll probably just ask my OB when I'm there doing it (if i follow through with it). When i stopped the pill i feel like i had my period for 2 months straight and it was the worst thing ever, so i'm hoping that doesn't happen again! i'm sure everyone i different though. 

@KFrob I sent the kiddos to daycare on Friday too. We prepped for a party we had Saturday and those kid free productive hours were everything! Also, I should additionally add Starbucks to my list. thankfully working from home i don't pass it every day, otherwise they would take all my money. 
  • Hi ladies! Sorry I'm late. See my rant below.

@mamaqdubu oh my goodness! I can't believe it's next week already! Madness!

@artlea2013 Welcome! Hmm, sounds like you're in quite a pickle. I hope a chat with YH clears things up.

@KFrob I'm so sorry that you are having such a hard time but wahoo for your solo shopping spree!

When do you think you will start TTC? November 2020. We've started telling people this and I'm still so buzzing about it.

What brings you to WRW? Like minded individuals and a place to rant and rave without anybody actually knowing who I am.

Any R/R? Rant: I've been really mentally unwell lately. I believe I've mentioned on this board before that I was diagnosed with depression, anxiety, and OCD. If not, now you know. I'm not ashamed of it in any way. I originally got diagnosed because of the depression but that seems totally under control now. The anxiety, however, has been higher than I've ever had it before to the point that I have trouble leaving the house. My MIL is one of my besties and so is my boss and supervisor but I just don't want to see anyone except DH. This is my first real day back to work since 30 June. I tried a few days ago and couldn't make it out of the parking lot. I tried yesterday and panicked and was sent home. We are trying reduced hours for the rest of the week and they have dedicated a laptop in the library (which is a separate room with no one else working in it) for me in case I need to compose myself there or cry or do some breathing exercises, etc. instead of going home. I'm just so tired of being sick and tired of being inside my head.

Rave: Today is going better than expected.

GTKY: what are your guilty pleasures in life?  Absolutely love reality TV. Pretty much any and all.

Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @mamaqdubu Let me know what you find out (again, if you go through with it)! I've heard plenty of stories of people getting pregnant within days of getting their IUD out, so who knows? With BF, I haven't really gotten much of a period since I got it in last year in June, so I don't have any idea where in my cycle I will be by then. I've also heard stories of hyperovulation immediately post IUD removal, so there's that to worry about to.

@KFrob The hormone changes are rough. I remember just passing out at around 9 pm for a couple of weeks when I cut pumping at work the end of May. I would say exercise, just Yoga or Pilates in your home or at lunch in the middle of the day, works wonders

@jackie_dunny Thanks, and I'm so sorry about your mental health struggles. I'm glad that you were able to get an official diagnosis and have supporting family and coworkers that are understanding of your struggles. I would advocate exercise again (sorry guys, I'm an annoying person who suggest exercise a lot for help with mood disorders. Mostly because it helped work me out of my sudden 6 month PP baby blues funk this winter. I can tone it down). Maybe a yoga mat in the library with your laptop so you can do some stretches while you mediate? But you obviously know what works best for you
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @jackie-dunny So sorry to hear what you're going through, mental health struggles are so hard.

@artlea2013 I just said to DH no matter how tired I am tonight I have to workout!  It helps my mental health and energy level by leaps and bounds.  I know it's part of why I felt so much better last week.  When I had PPD with DD1 my therapist was a huge advocate for exercise to treat depression.  She said exercise is nature's antidepressant.  Also, sort of funny, I read an article titled "No, You're not Pregnant and Simultaneously PMSing, You're Weaning a Toddler"  and I feel like that title about sums up how I feel!
  • @artlea2013 Yes, I love me some Yoga. I have a spin bike at home that I use quite regularly as well. I work out at least once a day as well. I have Peloton and LOVE it. Have you guys seen the commercials for it? FYI, you don't NEED the bike. They have an app and you pay a monthly fee like a gym membership and you have access to all of the classes. If you like working out, I highly recommend it. They have running classes, obviously cycling, yoga, strength, etc. It's great. I just bought a "used" bike for £70 (roughly $100) and voila!

Anyways, yes. I always feel a load better after exercising.
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @artlea2013 what the what? what is hyperovulation. you just scared the crap out of me!
  • @mamaqdubu umm, yeah, so hyperovulation after an IUD is removed is when your body tries to get back to a normal hormone balance, and ends up too far in the other direction. And then you can throw out multiple eggs in a cycle before you reach level again. I don't think it's super common, but possible with an IUD because the hormones aren't in your blood stream like with the pill. So once the IUD is gone, that's it
  • @mamaqdubu Have you come to a decision yet?
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @jackie_dunny How is being back at work going?  I thought of you the other day while I was in the middle of a bad day and trying to get myself on the positivity train again. I read a post by someone while lurking a while back that it's helpful to think about each little thing as an accomplishment.  Like, you made it to the parking lot, then you made it into work, you managed to negotiate reduced hours, all accomplishments!!!  
  • Yes I think I’m going for it! At least for the removal. I’ll let my body adjust a bit if needed before we actively ttc 
  • It's out guys! I think at this point i should probably go intro in TTC, even though i'm at least a few weeks out before i'm active. come find me if/when any of you jump over to there!
  • @mamaqdubu Good luck! I'll stalk for updates
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited July 2019
    my app has gone rouge and posts duplicates all the time!
  • @KFrob oh my goodness, you're so sweet! Sorry it's taken me forever to respond. Being back at work is going well, I love everyone I work with; they are so supportive! However, I'm now just getting over a fever. I'm ready for July to stop kicking my butt and just move on already! I love that accomplishments thing. I always say taking it day by day is nice but sometimes you have to break it down even further to taking it moment by moment. I hope you're feeling better! Are you back on the positivity train?

@mamaqdubu ahh!! my first BOTB friend who's moved on! So happy for you! I saw your intro on TTGP! Best of luck! I will be stalking you and keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

@artlea2013 have you had any further chats with DH?
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny Welllllll....I didn't exactly approach it very well. I asked him last weekend if he still just wanted two kids and oh boy did his eyes just about bug out of his head. He claimed it was because it was such an out of the blue question, but I think a little was freaking out over the topic. :/ But yeah, he's still on the "done" train and I told him I wasn't going to really push him if that's how he feels, but I think it warrants a longer conversation at least. I don't know, I really wasn't sure how I felt until he said no and we should start emptying the toy drawers of baby rattles and rings and I just hit the mental breaks so hard it hurt. We have about 5 hours in the car on Saturday so I'm hoping I can find a window to ease it into conversation again without ambushing him. GYN appointment is Monday!
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @artlea2013 I'm not the best at a well planned sit down.  The way the conversation went for us to start to try for both kids was me having an emotional break down about babies and DH comforting me which lead to us having a conversation where DH was the logical one and I cried through the whole thing lol.  Sometimes I find myself thinking we're done, then DH will make a comment about being done and it's like being hit with a ton of bricks.  It suddenly makes me get all emotional and change my mind.  I think it's harder for us as women to be done because it feels like closing a chapter of our lives, and almost like loosing a piece of our youth.  At least for me.   
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @jackie_dunny Yes!  Thank you for asking.  I've been much better!  I did have to solo parent all weekend though and I'm feeling pretty burned out.  I have to make myself exercise tonight and get out some of my pent up frustration!  
  • @KFrob I'm glad you are feeling better!

@artlea2013 well, I suppose at least the first hurdle is done - bringing up the initial conversation - so he won't feel so "out of the blue" next time. Best of luck this weekend!
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• When do you think you will start TTC? 
    Oct/Nov 2020

What brings you to WRW?
    I meant to be here this whole month but a whole bunch of life happened...

Any R/R?
    Rant: Where the heck has summer gone??? 
    Rave: My 14M/O is walking :cry:

Yummy Mummys on Netflix. It’s so bad it’s good. 

(Hi @artlea2013 fancy seeing you here :tongue: )
  • @ivyvines6 I was wondering where you went! It seems we had a few people fall behind this month. Don't worry, we still have all of August! Summer is still here! AH! So exciting about your LO! What's Yummy Mummys?
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny it’s a trash tv show on Netflix. It follows some Australian socialites as they become moms. I’m fascinated with how ridiculous their lifestyles are. Also, I’m in Central Florida, so even though it’s technically summer outside, we’re heading back to school in two weeks. (Which means I’m going back to work two weeks from today because the studio I work for follows the school schedule)
  • @ivyvines6 ah I totally forgot how some schools go back in August :( boo!
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @ivyvines6 @jackie_dunny School starts a week from today in this southern Indiana town :#  It's crazy and not even like they get out suuuuper early, the last or second to last week of May? Earlier than many, I know. My 3 year old is starting two day a week preschool at my church and that starts the week after the grade school begins  :o  
  • @artlea2013 wow! that's crazy! I can't believe how early that is! That's like, college level early :D
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• I'm just reviving this thread for a minute to say ahhh!!! congrats @KFrob!! I saw your post on April 2020 BMB!!
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny Thank you!!!   :)  I'm still in shock.  I guess our decision was made for us!