Trying to Get Pregnant

IF testing and treatment w/o 7/15

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: what is your favorite scent? (Could be a natural one, or from a candle, or from baking, or from perfume, or from a person, or from a shampoo, etc.)

Re: IF testing and treatment w/o 7/15

• Loading the player...
  • @chichiphin have they checked your progesterone levels even while on the meds before?  That might be a good thing to have them do to make sure your dose is keeping it high enough.

@ruby696 good luck today!!!

@emeraldduchess my RPL was just blood work, a saline sono, and then the hysteroscopy.  I know for some people, they recommend more extensive genetic testing for both partners.  But, for us, the genetic testing isn't covered under insurance so we've held off on that for now--I've already done the Natera so I'm trying to save some money haha

@hanshotfirst77 I have also always heard that it takes 3 months for anything you're doing to be effective on the maturing eggs.  However, since IVF stimulates a bunch of follicles, maybe it's more effective faster since you're maturing follicles that may have not matured...?  Literally just made that up as a possibility haha
  • @mokay19 I'll be thinking of you this week - I'm happy though that your surgery is happening and it'll be over soon enough. And I have only been tested once **tw** during my one successful cycle before my loss, and it was at 200, so I guess there is an argument to be made that if I implant, I don't need it?
    @ruby696 I can't WAIT to hear about your consult and next steps!!! so excited for you :) 
    @emeraldduchess I'm also on pins and needles for your follow up on Thursday! So much activity around here :) 
    @jennifer_louise aw thanks - I really hope this one works too. I'm really hoping this cycle is yours too and you don't even need that referral - but also give em hell until they fax it over lol 
    @hanshotfirst77 I know supplements don't do much for sperm until about the 3 mo mark, but I'm not sure about eggs. but hey! can't hurt and can only help!

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• edited July 2019
    Ooh @emeraldduchess cinnamon rolls is a good one. One of my friends makes homemade cinnamon rolls that are to die for. Just thinking about them makes me gain 2 lbs. And yes, let us know how it goes this week!!

@hanshotfirst77 I'm sure it does feel weird to be on BCP, but eyes on the prize!! You're getting so close.

Edited because apparently I can't do words at all today...
  • @ruby696 good luck today!  Please come back and update us!

@mokay19 thanks for the info!  We probably won't do the genetic testing if our insurance doesn't cover it (they covered screening for cystic fibrosis and spinal muscular atrophy but that's it). TBH I think it's going to come down to a hormone imbalance/LP defect since my hycosy showed my ute looks fine. 

@jennifer_louise I hope you don't have to spend too much time on the phone trying to get your referral. 

@hanshotfirst77 I don't blame you for counting down!  It must feel good to know you're getting one step closer every day!

@mokay19 I LOVE the scent of lilacs! I would love a lilac bush but DH is allergic to flowers with scent and a lilac bush would probably make him miserable. :( Good luck this week with your hysteroscopy!

@chichiphin good luck tomorrow!  Glad you're being proactive about the next cycle, but I REALLY hope that you won't need whatever plan the new RE makes! Crossing everything for you!

@b_1029 good luck at your appointment on Wednesday! I hope the RE is able to give you a plan that you and your DH are comfortable with. 
  • @chichiphin I was just on a two week round of progesterone suppositories to jump-start my period and I got AF a week in. Obviously anecdotal, but it can happen. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): PCOS

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Femara CD 3-7, US, trigger, timed intercourse 

How are things going?: Good! Started Femara last night. Feeling SUPER happy about when AF showed up. We're out of town Friday-Tuesday and AF came just in time that the US is scheduled for Wednesday, when we're back and still not at work. Because that worked out so well, it's giving me hope that this cycle may work! 

Any questions?: nope

GTKY: what is your favorite scent? (Could be a natural one, or from a candle, or from baking, or from perfume, or from a person, or from a shampoo, etc.) Delicious food, lavender, but mostly the smell of Fall. 
    Me: 28, DH: 28
    Diagnosed with PCOS: Summer 2007
    Married: July 2013
    Began TTC: June 2015

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/58d258

• ***Lurker***
    @chichiphin I always got AF even on progesterone (TW** unless I was pregnant*** end TW), Progesterone is one of those things that unless you have a proven progesterone defect won't hurt but may not help. Some REs/MFM's think its more hoodoo voodoo and won't give you an Rx. Others figure why not. (There is a lot of conflicting information about the pros/cons of progesterone supplementation in the literature, and how you supplement- oral vs suppositories)
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @wabash15 I guess I should be thankful I can squeak 2-3 extra LP days on it!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• b_1029b_1029 member
    @chichiphin good call. I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow! 

@ruby696 yay it's finally here! Can't wait to hear how your consult goes today! 

@mokay19 so many appts this week - I hope yours goes well tomorrow! I'm glad you'll be getting some more answers after that and your surgery Friday. Let us know how it goes!

@emeraldduchess GL at your appointment this week as well!

@hanshotfirst77 it would definitely be weird to go back on BCP - I hope the next couple of weeks fly by before your sono! I've also read that it takes 3 mo. for any changes to be reflected both for eggs and sperm...at least I think so?

@jennifer_louise yep, you nailed it! WTF to your OB for still not sending the referral - cmon!! I'm sorry for all the upcoming "stuff", friend <3

@firebaby688 I'm glad the timing will work out well this cycle! FX for you!

@inthewoods23 so sorry about the sono  and all the insurance BS. I hope the surgery goes well in a few weeks and everything goes back to normal. I hope the appeal works, that's so weird that they covered it last time but not this time?
  • Diagnosis (if you've been): PCOS

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Femara (CD3-7), Metformin, and Progesterone BW on Friday to confirm O...so hopefully it happens before then. Awaiting RE appt. on August 15th.

How are things going?: Not bad, just really wishing our RE appointment was closer...I’m ready to get some extra testing going and hopefully get a plan of action (at the very least I’d like to be monitored on cycles to have a better idea of what’s going on).

Any questions?: None right now

GTKY: what is your favorite scent? I love any sweet scents, but cookies or brownies fresh out of the oven would probably be my all-time favorite! 

@b_1029 I hope your RE appt. on Wednesday goes great and you get a plan of action! 

@chichiphin good luck with your second opinion RE appt, but hopefully it’s not needed because your IUI will be a success! 

@ruby696 that’s exciting you have your IVF consult, hope it goes well!! 

@mokay19 good luck with your appt. & scan later this week! 

@emeraldduchess hope you get some answers (even if it is just answers of what it’s not) at your follow-up this week! Oh, I love the smell of cinnamon rolls too!

@hanshotfirst77 I’m sure it does feel super weird to be on BC...hopefully the time will fly by! I don’t have any insight on the supplements/egg quality, but way to go on all the other things you’ve done to get healthy this year!! 

@jennifer_louise hopefully getting your referral from the OB won’t be too difficult! Wow, that is a lot of travel...hope the fun outweighs the work! 

@firebaby688 glad timing worked out perfectly for your US! 

@inthewoods23 sorry the scan showed irregular lining & possible polyp, is the surgery supposed to correct both? Hopefully insurance will straighten things out and cover your prescription again! 
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited July 2019
    @chichiphin *TW loss mentioned* I started bleeding even when on the progesterone, but then again it was super low. I was on 200mg oral.
    @jennifer_louise Any fun locations or plans while working?
    @emeraldduchess Mine was just bloodwork, but it was done by a hematologist after getting some abnormal bloodwork before IF stuff. 
    @inthewoods23 I just want to yell on your behalf. I hope they cover it and that the procedure works.
    @hanshotfirst77 I’ve read that some supplements can take up to 4 months to have an effect on egg and sperm quality, but I’m not sure how much research has been done. If certain drugs can have an immediate effect, I feel like the supplements could possibly work earlier. I am grabbing some selenium and CoQ10 because I haven’t taken it in a long time...

ETA more tags 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 I take progesterone right after (or within a few days after) ovulation every single cycle that I've had since my very first loss in 2016.  I still think the idea to wait til a BFP is strange.  I know some doctors say that there isn't concrete proof that it helps, but there isn't a negative to taking it.  Plus, I'm the kind of person that I would rather do extra than risk not doing enough.
  • @NYTino24 echoing @mokay19 - it certainly does not hurt anything to take progesterone once ovulation is confirmed - this has been confirmed by my RE and OB. 
    @bluetickgal you're almost there tho for your appt! hoping you don't need it though! 
    @inthewoods23 ugh I'm so sorry you have to go through that surgery! I'm hoping recovery is quick
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Random question: does anybody's REs discuss diet/exercise with them? Or maybe coffee/caffeine? Is that something to bring up at my consult? 
  • @jennifer_louise my RE's office has been very "practical" about coffee/caffeine, certain foods, etc. Moderation is all they preach. They only time exercise was brought up was on the day of my IUI - I couldn't do any vigorous activity (except HIO that night lol). 

I do know that a lot of RE's have a BMI threshold and they won't treat someone who is over a certain BMI.
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @jennifer_louise I know my RE asked our caffeine intake as part of our initial consultation. Since we're for the most part only soda drinkers, she wasn't concerned. In fact, nothing in our medical history was a concern. She said we didn't need to do anything about our weight. If anything, she suggested getting more exercise but not like "you should be working out 4-5 days a week to lose weight and get down to X weight"
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • would it be worthless to test trigger hcg at this point with my cheapies? I'm 7 days post trigger, 5DPO. I didn't want to test it out completely, but I am at the point where it is impossible for a BFP but also about the time when the trigger should be leaving my system soon. or will I just drive myself crazy ha. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin @inthewoods23 thanks! That's helpful! I am always trying to cut back on caffeine and now I'm in a place where don't drink coffee everyday but I do sometimes! It always worries me 😂 but not so much that I never want coffee. I do exercise kinda vigorously sometimes and always wonder what that does for my chances. Thanks!

@chichiphin oh interesting. That would probably drive me nuts, but you could do it for science! 
  • Diagnosis (if you've been):  Male factor infertility 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): Couldn't find what WTO meant but I'm assuming it means Waiting Things Out? If so, that's me

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): My cycles just started this past saturday. I have to use OPK's once my periods over and as soon as I get an positive LH surge I call my Dr. and schedule my IUI for the next day! 

How are things going?: Things are finally going well. We've gotten so many positive answers and things are finally moving to the final*ish* stage. 

Any questions?: This will be my first round of IUI, I'm wondering if anyone else has done one and if they have any advice or suggestions. 

GTKY: what is your favorite scent? : Watermelon Lemonade candles from Bath&Body works!! 
  • @chichiphin if you haven’t been tracking it, testing now will drive you crazy! I would at least wait until 10 DPTrigger before testing. Good luck though! 😆
  • @ndemick
    WTO = waiting to ovulate
    Welcome and I’m sorry that you have to be here!  Since this is the IF discussion, a lot of the women in this section have done IUIs... and then some! Good luck!
  • @hanshotfirst77 what great news!! That must be a load off your mind.

@Ndemick welcome! Have you been around here previously? You may want to intro I'm this week's "Newbie Intro" thread to greet everyone. (unless you just plan on hanging around here in the IF thread). WTO is waiting to ovulate, TWW is the two week wait after ovulation, and TTA is trying to avoid. Although personally, I kinda like "waiting things out" lol. There are several around here who have done (or are doing!) IUIs. Good luck! 
  • @begging4abump I’ll have to request pictures and hope mine don’t get lost! 
    Also, that’s super annoying that they’re just mentioning a follow-up ultrasound now. I hope Friday brings good news!
  • @begging4abump I feel so special to be tagged twice!! Guess we know who is your fave 😉 (jk!). Thanks for your outrage on my behalf! I just got a note from my OB saying they're sending it over as we speak! (we'll see....) but booo that your RE dropped the ball on getting you in for that ultrasound! I'll keep my fingers crossed that all looks normal. I'm so optimistic for you that.

@inthewoods23 sorry for the unexpected punch in the ute. It's okay to cry, or to feel conflicted. It doesn't make you a bad friend, it makes you a human. I actually have a list of all PG announcements I've gotten while TTC. It's somehow cathartic to write them down, not sure why. 
  • @ruby696 I hate the walls and obstacles that we have to go through with insurances!  I’m glad the appointment went well though and it seems like your RE is ready to hit the ground running!  My doctors office has said before that when they put requests in, sometimes it helps to call and check on it because sometimes you’ll get someone who can look it over right away. Obviously, not always the case but maybe if the OB writes it asap then it can sneak in in time!
  • @ruby696 Wow that is so exciting! I am glad the consult went good and you could be moving ahead so fast. Insurance can be so annoying though. I'd agree try calling once your doc puts the orders in. I've had to call and call and call sometimes and just basically bug the hell out of the insurance people to try and move auths along as quick as possible, Sometimes you get lucky and they'll push it through. Fx!

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @jennifer_louise maybe it was just a test to see if you’re reading my whole message 😉. Ha, these boards develop too quickly for me, so double messages may happen again. But I also guess you’re not really wrong either. You know I’m rooting hard for you! 🙂

@inthewoods sorry about the surprise announcement. It’s a lot of emotions to sort through, but don’t lose hope. ❤️

@ruby696 that IS so soon!!! And that is a tough decision! I hope something works out so that you can move forward soon with insurance. 🤞