Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS 7/15

bows22bows22 member
edited July 2019 in Trying to Get Pregnant
**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.** 

What number are you trying for? 

Month/Cycle? 

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: 

GTKY: What is something you do that annoys your spouse/SO but that you also have no plans to change?

Re: TFAS 7/15

• Loading the player...
  • @bows22 ooooo I like the statement that you and @mercury94 came up with!! I need more of that thinking!
    as for your DD taking to YH more...I say sit back and enjoy it for how ever long it lasts!!  We, as mothers, are relied on so so much that it gets to be overwhelming sometimes and so the times that our LO's prefer our SO, I say try and embrace it and enjoy watching the bond that they are creating... knowing full and well that it doesn't change your bond with them!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 You’re telling me the back talk continues?! My 4 year old just learned the power of words/talking back and it is getting old quick. 

@bows22 Ahhhh my daughter is starting to prefer daddy, too. And this is uncharted territory for me. I’m not into it at all(as my son would return to my womb if allowed). I hope it’s short lived for both of us. 

• @tyrion_ I brace myself too hahaha MH always says "How's that handle working as a break for you?!"  :D   And sorry to say, but the talking back has gotten WAY worse than it was at 4... I'd take age 4 again any day... because 6/7 has been a S.T.R.U.G.G.L.E. 
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• What number are you trying for? 

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WTO/TWW? I think TWW? My chart is all kinds of messed up. 

Ages of other child(ren)? 17 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I thought I O'd about 10 days ago but had EWCM yesterday, so idk if I'm currently Oing or did then? FF says I'm 3 DPO but I think I had a false drop in temp from the meds I was on for my wisdom teeth. I'm including my chart in case anyone has insight. 

Any questions? Not really. I'm still trying to figure all of this charting out. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: We're getting ready for my family vacation! My parents, all of me siblings, and their spouses and kids all rent a big house together for a week. There's 18 of us and we always have such a good time. I'm excited to see DD play with her cousins. One of my brothers and SIL live several states away so we only see them once or twice a year. 

GTKY: What is something you do that annoys your spouse/SO but that you also have no plans to change? Oooh that's hard. Probably paint my nails while sitting on the couch.
  • What number are you trying for? 
    Month/Cycle? 2nd

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 2!

Any thoughts about this cycle? AF is finally gone, so time to get busy! I'm frustrated because DH would rather I not get pregnant this cycle. He's always thinking financially and would rather we have at least a May baby due to us  both being college instructors.

Any questions? When did you potty train your boys? My son just turned 2 and our doctor recommended introducing the potty, but not going full force into training quite yet.

Rant/Rave/Brag: 
    My son just turned 2 on Saturday and we had such an awesome birthday party!

GTKY: What is something you do that annoys your spouse/SO but that you also have no plans to change? I'm really bad at correcting him. He'll say one thing wrong and I can't help correcting him.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @bows22 I'm totally guilty of peeing with the door open. When DH moved in with me while we were dating, I had been living by myself for about a month and told him I'd gotten used to that and wasn't planning to stop. It's been 7 or 8 years since, so I'm glad I didn't scare him off. 😂 Also I totally get the phase your DD is in. DH is getting the same kind of treatment from DD here and I can tell it hurts his feelings. I know she doesn't mean it that way but I'm sure it's hard to be on the receiving end.

@kpearse99 sounds like a fun vacation! I love Niagara Falls! I hope your talk with your DS helps with the back talking.
  • bows22bows22 member
    @kpearse99 you are definitely coming to April with us so the HIO better happen! JK, you do what you need to do to stay sane! Your vaca sounds awesome! I’m sorry your DS was a bit of a pain. As far as your reply to my DD situation, you make a great point. We were at our friends’ house yesterday and my friend and I sat around with our feet in a baby pool chatting while DH dealt with DD. It was heavenly! 

@tyrion_ glad your MIL visit is over! And yes I am the worst backseat driver too. The worst! I know it’s so annoying but I also feel like I save us from close calls? (According to me, not MH haha). I’m sorry that you feel my daddy/daughter pain! 
  • @tyrion_ I'm so guilty of the backseat driving and bracing myself, or as I call it, b hitting my imaginary brakes. DH used to get annoyed by my reactions but they aren't always voluntary. Glad your MIL is gone and you don't have to deal with her any more. That has to be such a stress relief.
  • @bows22 during DH’s stint as a SAHD, my DD went through a phase where she wouldn’t leave my side and wouldn’t hug or play with DH.  It lasted a couple weeks but now she’s back to a daddy’s girl and loves her play time.  Sorry that you’re experiencing it, but hopefully it passes soon!

Also, I hope you guys all graduate this month!  I don’t have a chance this month while technically benched but I’ll be your guys biggest fan!  Everyone needs a cheerleader on the sidelines, right?!

@kpearse99 I don’t have any advice for the 7-year-old, but I’m sending virtual hugs.  I’ve always been more terrified thinking about the older ages than newborn and infant.  I guess I know how sassy and stubborn I was as a kid sooo :/ haha

@tyrion_ glad you survived the MIL visit!  Also, pre-period breakouts are legit the worst.  Thanks, body, for reminding me of the awfulness that is coming.

@gingermama29 how long are your cycles normally?  I get fertile CM before my period arrives.

• @mokay19 honestly, I have no idea how long my cycles are. I have PCOS and have never had any sort of regular cycles. My last 3 have been between 47-65 days long. I'm currently on CD 29.
  • @gingermama29 I would say that with PCOS and the lack of data, it's hard to know!  

@Kathryn0903 just tell DH that you have to practice for the future cycles  :D 
  • @gingermama29 your upcoming vacation sounds amazing!! I love big planned trips like that!

@Kathryn0903 I potty trained DS when he was a little over 2.5 years.  He was showing signs and so we decided to run with it and he did great!

@bows22 I will GLADLY join you in the April group!! haha I'll get right on HIO then ;) And see... you got to actually enjoy some adult time while YH took care of your DD!!  I always try to look for the good in every situation!
    Our TTC Journey

• @mercury94 I hear ya on the busy front!! HI back... I miss you :):) 
    Our TTC Journey

• @mokay19 thanks for the hugs! I am always trying to remind myself that his strong-willed attitude will be good one day.... but it is so trying right now!  He's with his dad tonight into tomorrow night so I'll get a chance to regroup and find a new way to look at how to attack the crappy attitude he's had lately...sigh
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 thanks! I know DS is showing signs, but he's not consistent enough for me to go full training yet. Plus, the doctor told me it would be annoying to do it at a young 2 - basically taking him to the potty every 15 minutes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mokay19 right?! I'm like just because I got pregnant quickly last time doesn't mean the same will happen. I think part of it is him worrying I'll have to be induced 3 weeks early again.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @shamrocandroll:  you DO need your luck to turn. I’m so sorry that everything is piling on right now. 
  • @lcking82 Thank you.  <3  I'm at the point where I am numb to the barrage of bad luck.  Something happens, and I'm just like *sigh*...  It HAS to turn around soon, right???
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 11/10

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? Pessimistic. Super pessimist. 

Any questions? Nah

Rant/Rave/Brag:  managing to get several things off to do list today, so that’s nice!

GTKY: What is something you do that annoys your spouse/SO but that you also have no plans to change?  I’m not a great driver. Tend to be slow. DH hates it. I don’t care. 
  • @jennifer_louise DS's preschool didn't have this but his elementary school does, we have the REMIND app.  I really like it!  His past two teachers have sent out like a picture a day, usually a group picture, but I love knowing what hes doing in school!  But, I get the "making me miss them more" part.
    Our TTC Journey

• @jennifer_louise our old daycare had Brightwheel and I LOVED getting the pictures. It definitely made me miss her more because she would be on my mind more, but I totally preferred that over missing her aaaand not seeing her. 
  • flinstone-2flinstone-2 member
    edited July 2019

@bows22 @mercury94 guyssss I’ve been reading/listening to a lot of podcasts about calling things into your universe and I agree we are ALL GRADUATING. DH and I have been talking about how our “April Baby” will be born around the time of his brother’s wedding but it’s ok we’ll figure it out :) 

Also @bows22 I do the same thing with my OPKs

@kpearse99 I’m glad your vacation was great!

@tyrion good luck in this TWW. I start to go crazy around 7dpo. 

@gingermama28 I kinda think you didn’t O yet because of your CM not matching up. I had a false temp shift earlier this year when I had a fever. 

@kathryn0903 I’m so glad the party was great!

TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 6/5

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 21 months... 

Any thoughts about this cycle? WTO and taking letrozole again after 3 months off.. hoping it does the trick this time!

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I've been flying through all kinds of podcasts about visual imagery, calling your wants and needs into the universe and therefore bringing them into your life, etc. So I am really really trying it this cycle. I even downloaded an app that I can open, swipe to view my wish and then it tells me to imagine the scenario I wish for. I'm probably crazy, but I'm trying it! April BMB here we ALLLL Come. 

GTKY: What is something you do that annoys your spouse/SO but that you also have no plans to change? I get up early. He wishes we could sleep in.. but I'm a morning person to the full. 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • bows22bows22 member

@gingermama29 your family vacation sounds so perfect! It’s hard to tell with your chart since you don’t have the whole cycle but hopefully AF just comes soon so that you can start fresh 

@Kathryn0903 I’m sorry your H is being frustrating. I contemplated TTA to avoid a due date during my works busy time. But I didn’t want to always look back at that time and think what if that would have been the month? So I think if you are ready you should go for it! 

@mokay19 oh no that’s right! Are you on BC now?

@shamrocandroll yes I’m definitely hoping that this is the month your luck turns! 

@lcking82 I’ll be optimistic for you since you are pessimistic :) I hope AF stayed away and you have great news to report tomorrow!

@jennifer_louise our daycare’s app sends all of the pictures for the week on Friday night. Sometimes I wish they were sent in real time, but I guess it would be a distraction during the day. I do like to see pictures of her happy and playing though!

@flinstone-2 yes! Maybe I should be listening to those podcasts too because that’s totally what I am doing. I hope the letrozole does the trick for you! 

• @flinstone-2 OMG I have been laying in bed every night and “putting my wishes out there.” I have felt so silly but figure, why not. I am so glad I’m not alone. What’s the app? 
  • What number are you trying for? #2

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 20 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm just excited to finally start trying for #2. I've been ready for a while, but my husband wanted to wait a little longer.

Any questions? nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS has been a handful today. My husband just went back to work from vacation and he misses him. He's also starting to cut his 2 year molars. Besides that, i've also got a super busy week putting together one of my best friends baby showers this weekend. Im super excited for them, but it makes me feel "anxious?" I guess..

GTKY: What is something you do that annoys your spouse/SO but that you also have no plans to change?
    My husband says I "go on about things". He knew I could be longwinded when he married me, so i wont stop expressing my feelings now. lol
  • What number are you trying for? THB#2

Month/Cycle? 7/7, 1/1 AL

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child: 19 months 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Frustrated about my progesterone and waiting for the RE. I am going to call the RE to see if I’m on the cancellation list. Have to get the rest of my records sent from the new OB to them. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: Did some little birthday / Christmas shopping on Prime Day. Anyone else? Also, DH wanted to get me an Apple Watch for Christmas and I said no. Then my Fitbit died and it’s on Prime Day. Now he’s thinking of the Samsung watch. Any input? 

My hair is everywhere. I can’t help when it falls out. I donated a foot a few months ago, so that helped at least make the strands shorter... I can’t change it!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @bows22 yup! I’m on birth control at least through my hysteroscopy that’s on Friday!  It’s almost nice for my sanity having a few weeks of being benched because I don’t have any desire to pee on anything or have unwanted sex 😆

@NYTino24 I’m so sorry about the doctors office frustrations. I’m annoyed for you :( 
  • NYTino24  I'm sorry about all the stuff you're going through. Will they keep you on progesterone 3dpo and on each cycle now? 

@tyrion_ the app is called attraction. It's not super great, but instead of me opening a worthless app or googling something TTC related I just jump on that and "center myself" hahaha. 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @jennifer_louise My daycare has Brightwheel, and at first there were lots of pictures from the initial excitement over the app, but now they're only very occasional.  I love knowing what I'm getting into before I show up for pickup, though.  Especially with potty training.  Okay, how much wine do I need to have on hand tonight?  :lol:
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @flinstone-2 I love your outlook on this cycle!!

@photographerwife welcome!!  Is the shower a surprise? That would make me so anxious too!

@NYTino24 I've been thinking about you <3  Also, I shed so much too! Nothing we can do!!

Our TTC Journey

• @flinstone-2 No, they wouldn’t test progesterone yesterday and won’t give it to me unless I have a BFP. Some docs don’t give it at all and think it will prolong a nonviable pregnancy. *TW* loss mentioned - which was kind of the case with my blighted ovum, but I did get to measuring 5 weeks at 7 weeks. My body may have miscarried earlier if I wasn’t on it. The hard part is you don’t know if it’s viable or not until like 6 weeks when a heartbeat can be seen and it can help support a healthy pregnancy that may have ended senselessly due to only low progesterone. */TW* Simply put, there isn’t enough known about it and some OBs leave it only to REs.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @kpearse99 No, the shower isn't a surprise as far as the event. But my co-host and I are handling all of the decor, and planning. So it will be a surprise in some degree! I am anxious, and a little jealous. But hopeful that our time will come again soon! So i'm working on putting out only good vibes! lol

And also, about the back talking kiddo. I don't know much about older children, or her info on older children, but I love Janet Lansbury and her approach on discipline. I did a quick search on her website and she looks like she may have some info that you may be interested in. She goes with a super respectful approach, and I enjoyed her book on toddler discipline. 
  • @photographerwife thanks for the info, I'll look her up for sure!!  I'm sure the shower will go great this weekend, and I hear ya on working on putting out only good vibes.... it's so much easier said than done when it comes to the TTC process!
    Our TTC Journey