• @keikilove <3<3<3 fx for you 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @keikilove my protocol was always HIO whenever. The day to be determined as the day we do the trigger we were told to HIO within a few hours before or after the trigger shot then no HIO until after the IUI being performed in the morning. So I always had a day of abstinence.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Another question: Will the use of painkillers, such as Vicodin or antibiotics like penicillin (I got my wisdom teeth out this morning -these are not normal medications for me) affect my temperature? I ordered my BBT and started temping mid cycle, after I O'd last week, so I'm mostly temping this cycle for my own knowledge such as figuring out how long my LP is.
    Anyway, was just curious if anyone knew or had experience with this before.
  • They definitely could!  @gingermama29. Everybody's different, but whenever I had meds like that on board, I would just note that in FF in case things got wonky.  If FF had any trouble giving me crosshairs, I would know which days might be off.
  • denludenlu member
    Little bit of background, I was on the pill from October 2017 - January 2019. January 2018-19 being after my body adjusted to the pill. Was off for February and March and period started right back up when it was supposed to in February 2019. April-May 2019 I was on the pill again. My last period was definitely on June 10th, 2019 (I texted my husband how much I hate periods that day). So probably looking at about June 8th, maybe June 9th for period start date. After that is when we started TTC. It's now July 13th and so far two negative test results and no period. My cycle is 28 days on the pill, was about 28-30 days off the pill, so right now I'm looking at 3-5 days late probably. Last test we took was on the 11th, so two days ago. How long after period do you guys wait? I hate to waste money on tests just for it to come back negative, or for my period to maybe start later that day. The first time I stopped the pill (after I year) I had no problem starting my period up the next month, then off for two months, then on the pill again for two months. So I don't think my period is irregular from the pill. It's just annoying hoping you're waiting long enough just for it to be a negative and then thinking, you're wasting money because you're being impatient. Thank you  
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    @denlu are you tracking in any way (opk, temping)? Otherwise there’s no way to really tell if you’re “late” 
  • @denlu even if you weren’t “irregular” last time you stopped bc, you could still have some irregularity this time. As @b_1029 said, unless you were tracking (OpK, BBT, etc) then you don’t know if/when you ovulated. Most resources say test the day after your “missed period date” and then once per week after, until you either get a positive, AF comes, or you get to 60-70 day cycle (when you should ask your doctor).  
  • *lurker*

Hey, I had a quick question I was hoping you all could help me with. I'm going to start tracking my BBT. What thermometer do you use? I know the Mabis is recommended in the newbie thread, but that thread is several years old, and it's currently only rated 3 stars on Amazon. Is that still recommended? Some reviewers say it's changed and no longer looks the same as it did previously, that it's inaccurate, that it doesn't save your last temp as advertised, etc. 

I've done some research, but it's hard to trust lists of "5 best BBT thermometers" because who knows who paid to get on that list or what that's even based on, and all the search results for "BBT brand" on here are also old. Right now, I'm looking at getting this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07KB2QFDY/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A10IG442CCQHV5&psc=1

Thanks!
  • bows22bows22 member
    @lovesclimbing I bought a Mabis 3 years ago (the one that was always recommended on here) and just bought a new one (we moved last year and I’m not sure exactly what happened to it). It’s exactly the same and works fine. I wish it was backlit but other than that it works perfectly. I asked for recommendations in WTO before I bought the new Mabis, I’ll try to find the thread and link it here. 
  • bows22 said:
    Thanks! I guess I didn't use the right combination of keywords when searching. :p
  • bows22bows22 member
    @lovesclimbing you’ll probably get some more responses on this thread anyway!
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited July 2019
    denlu said:
    Little bit of background, I was on the pill from October 2017 - January 2019. January 2018-19 being after my body adjusted to the pill. Was off for February and March and period started right back up when it was supposed to in February 2019. April-May 2019 I was on the pill again. My last period was definitely on June 10th, 2019 (I texted my husband how much I hate periods that day). So probably looking at about June 8th, maybe June 9th for period start date. After that is when we started TTC. It's now July 13th and so far two negative test results and no period. My cycle is 28 days on the pill, was about 28-30 days off the pill, so right now I'm looking at 3-5 days late probably. Last test we took was on the 11th, so two days ago. How long after period do you guys wait? I hate to waste money on tests just for it to come back negative, or for my period to maybe start later that day. The first time I stopped the pill (after I year) I had no problem starting my period up the next month, then off for two months, then on the pill again for two months. So I don't think my period is irregular from the pill. It's just annoying hoping you're waiting long enough just for it to be a negative and then thinking, you're wasting money because you're being impatient. Thank you  
    QFP - apparently OP posted this from two different usernames...?

ETA: nevermind, it was changed after she posted.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @lovesclimbing:  I bought the Easy at Home brand. I like the backlight. Seems to take a long time to register temp though. 
  • I believe this is the right place for me to post this sorry if it’s not. So I got my IUD out about 49 days ago and still not ovulating. I have been using opk’s and most morning my LH level runs high .8-.9 but still no peak. Later in the day my levels are always lower. Does anyone have any ideas why my LH would be higher in the morning than the evening? It’s staying pretty consistent across several days (high in the morning and low in the afternoon) 
  • I believe this is the right place for me to post this sorry if it’s not. So I got my IUD out about 49 days ago and still not ovulating. I have been using opk’s and most morning my LH level runs high .8-.9 but still no peak. Later in the day my levels are always lower. Does anyone have any ideas why my LH would be higher in the morning than the evening? It’s staying pretty consistent across several days (high in the morning and low in the afternoon) 
    Different urine concentrations. What do the directions on the package say to do?
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • It says to take between the hours of 10am and early evening. I take one at around 10 am and it’s normally pretty dark and then one around 4 making sure I haven’t had anything to drink that will dilute the urine. I think I’m mostly confused why my LH is staying highish everyday. Plus everyone says LH gets higher throughout the day but mine keeps getting lower throughout the day 
  • Hi! I just started temping for the first time last week! I use Ovusense every night. Unfortunately it came the day I got an OPK + so I don't have any other data. 
    My question is, am I supposed to keep rising after O? Did I O later than FF has for the OPK line? 

Thanks for your help!

• @samvsimpson yes, sometimes temps can have a more gradual increase after O vs a big jump and then staying up around the same temp.

I think there's a little course you can take from FF that sends you weekly lessons for a couple weeks all about charting, temping, etc. That's where I learned about the different patterns on charts to look for.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 thank you so much!! I will look into that course!
  • @samvsimpson I think you have to sign up for it from the website, not the app, but I could be wrong.

You'll get an email with the lesson which is a little bit of reading then you take a little quiz at the end of each lesson. And if I remember correctly there might be a final quiz at the end that covers everything.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 and @samvsimpson just jumping in to say that you can sign up with the app. I'm getting the daily email lessons and only have the app.
  • It says to take between the hours of 10am and early evening. I take one at around 10 am and it’s normally pretty dark and then one around 4 making sure I haven’t had anything to drink that will dilute the urine. I think I’m mostly confused why my LH is staying highish everyday. Plus everyone says LH gets higher throughout the day but mine keeps getting lower throughout the day 
    Are you temping? Consider changing your username and lurking the WTO threads after introducing yourself on the newbie page. You’ll learn a lot. 

• I have my first TTC doctor's visit next Wednesday (the 24th), which will be CD21 for me. I'm a little fuzzy on what all I should have my doc do as far as labs/bloodwork, pelvic exam, etc. Can anyone shed some light on this, please?
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• chichiphinchichiphin member
    edited July 2019
    @ttcbabyodo def CD3 blood work and progesterone blood work. however, you should only get progesterone tested if you're 7DPO, so I'm not sure where you'll fall on CD21 based on your cycle. Also be pretty firm on testing on CD3 and 7DPO for testing dates. I have found OB/Gyns to be a little clueless on when this actually needs to happen - as someone said here (or maybe reddit) OB/Gyns are good for when you're pregnant and not for helping you get pregnant.

Additionally they'll probably order vaccine titers to see where your immunity is for chicken pox and MMR. They may also offer you carrier screening, which is usually covered under insurance for women trying to conceive. Hope this helps! 

**edit to add - are you going off base or are you with a mil doc? I forgot you're AD... 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @ttcbabyodo ^^WSS! I would also add that my OB didn't recommend testing of any kind until the 1 yr mark (or 6 months for 35+). They bend that rule if you have other symptoms/concerns (short LP, spotting, an-O, etc). If they recommend SHG or similar, that has to be done during the follicular phase of your cycle. Good luck!!