TTC After a Loss

Re: July Randoms

• @splashmountain super glamorous 😂 
  • Loading the player...
  • splashmountain  Eh, tell him to go enjoy the 'accommodations' at the SA place and suck it up.  We have to suck it up for all the crap/testing we go through with IF/RPL.  It's like, legit, the only thing the guy has to do usually (except for some bloodwork).  He'll manage. :wink:   But in seriousness... I'd be careful about the hotel.  DH was told he could either give a sample at our RE's office or bring one in as long as it was less than hour old or whatever.  But then when he called right beforehand, they basically told him to do it there.  So... just double/triple check that before you spend money on a hotel...
  • @dpchickens I let him know it was bs that I have to wake up every morning to temp at the same time, get stabbed with a needle, have strangers checking out my hoo-ha etc and all he has to do in get off! Although, he hasn't complained one time, I just thought he needed to know how unfair it was  :D And thanks for the heads up on the hotel. They made it sound like we do it at home and then bring it in within 45 minutes, but hey, they could change their minds like they did to you guys.
  • @splashmountain I have expressed the same things to my DH as well! So unfair! 🤣
  • @dpchickens I called the hospital to set an appointment for DH's drop off and asked if they had the option to do it there and she said yes, most of the patients do it right there. The other lady that I spoke with from the weekend didn't even offer that as an option so I'm glad you told me to double check! Thank you!
  • Okay ladies questions! Can anyone give me information about using a trigger shot? Also in the past,  I have used progesterone during the first trimester of pregnancy. This is always been after I got a positive. I have read some people start using progesterone right after ovulation. Is this something I should talk to my RE about?
  • @Mamaof2beautifulgirls I start with progesterone right after an IUI. Not sure what you want to know about triggers.... I ice the area for a couple minutes first and I can't even feel the injection. Mine were intramuscular (in the butt), but I know @chichiphin has done hers subcutaneous in her stomach. If you're doing it intramuscular, the needle will look huge. But I really couldn't feel it at all after using ice. 
  • @Mamaof2beautifulgirls like @ruby696 said, mine was in the stomach and I had to mix everything at home. It was scary at first, but honestly no big deal once I got through it. My RE clinic has this resource on their site and the videos are great: https://www.freedommedteach.com/eng/

and yes, I also start progesterone after ovulation. I think you should ask your RE if that should happen this time as well. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @chichiphin and @ruby696 thanks so much! I mainly needed to know about using it (like using the ice to numb the area!) I never would have thought about that. My trigger is given in the stomach, but I don’t mix anything. I will definitely talk to my RE about progesterone!
  • @Mamaof2beautifulgirls I assume the needle is pretty small if you're doing it in the stomach. I did follistim injections in the stomach and I just pinched the skin together firmly and pushed the needle in really slowly. It seriously slides right in and you don't even feel it. Its weird to watch because you expect it to feel like a flu shot or something but it's not like that at all.
  • My experience was like @chichiphin in belly and didn’t feel it.  I also used progesterone after Ovulation.  I didn’t have to mix anything with my trigger.  I had my DH do first one cuz I was scared but then did it myself the next time and it was less of a prick when I did it 
  • Okay you wonderful ladies one more question. My RE wants me to use clomide as my ovulation medication. I was reading about the side affects and one is it not ideal for lining of the uterus (causes it to thin).  Does anyone have any experience with this medication or am I just overthinking this whole process? 😆
  • @Mamaof2beautifulgirls I used clomid and I didn't have any problem with my lining. My understanding is they want you to use Clomid if you have a history of loss because it's more likely to help you get lots of follicles with the thinking that there will be a few good eggs. So there is risk of a thin lining with Clomid, but the thinking is that the risk is worth it for the chance at better eggs. Plus, your RE should be monitoring you and can see how your lining is doing. 
  • @ruby696 thank you! My RE gave me the option to come in the clinic and be monitored or use opks at home. I am planning on going in the clinic to be monitored because I want to use my trigger shot. It’s just hard because I am a teacher and people kind of frown when you miss school days in August because we have been off all summer. This whole process is just so hard! 
  • SA was today, count and motility are low. I will hopefully get some more info from my doctor, as far as next steps, on Monday. Now I'm off to google the heck out of these numbers....
  • @splashmountain I am sorry about those numbers! Hoping your doctor can help from a plan! 
  • @splashmountain Ugh, sorry you didn't get better news. Good luck on Monday.
  • KurtniKurtni member
    @splashmountain Im
    glad you got some answers. I love when fortune cookies sound prophetic. 😅 I got Chinese with my bridesmaids a couple nights before I got married and my cookie said something ominous like “someday you will amend the mistakes you make now” and I cracked up. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @splashmountain Glad you have some answers and hopefully can come up with a plan.  I know when we were going to RE, when we had IUIs the sperm wash wash always increased the motility 
  • @splashmountain I’m sorry it wasn’t better news but I echo what everyone else says. Glad you guys have some answers that you’ll hopefully be able to navigate through going forward. 
  • @splashmountain that is great!!!! I be they call you ASAP! 🙂
  • @splashmountain I hope you hear back from them early in the week! 
  • I am over this whole cycle!!! I started spotting yesterday, which I was glad because normally that means AF is coming... now nothing.... 🤷‍♀️
  • What a mind game @Mamaof2beautifulgirls fx af shows up
  • @Mamaof2beautifulgirls Have you tested yet? 
  • No @ruby696..... I am afraid too. If AF doesn’t come in the next few days I will.
  • Good luck @Mamaof2beautifulgirls. FX this is your month! 
  • Hey ladies! Question! I am trying to change my profile picture and I cannot figure out how. Can I do this from my phone or does it have to be done from a computer? 
  • @Mamaof2beautifulgirls I was able to from my phone. Click the home button. And then the top right avatar will take you to your account profile.
  • Here’s a screenshot from my home page. 

• edited July 2019
    How's everyone's weekend?

*tw pg people*
    I had to go to my niece's birthday party yesterday and see a VERY pregnant SIL. I'm happy for them, I truly am, I just die a little inside every time I see her. (Yes, I'm being super dramatic today :D

Heading to the coast in 4 days, it can't come soon enough!

Eta not done writing
  • ottergirl81ottergirl81 member
    edited July 2019
    Weekend is ok. Went on a nice walk with the family before it rained, again. Haven't had much of a summer because of so much rain we've been getting. Making every moment count every chance we can get!
    @splashmountain Ugh seeing PG people in general sometimes upsets me. Its random though, sometimes I'm very happy for them and other times it makes me feel sad. Totally can relate to dying a little inside.

edited for spelling
  • @splashmountain I totally understand the feeling dying inside!!! Right after I miscarried I think everyone I know got pregnant! It’s so hard! Hugs to you!

I actually had a pretty great weekend! Tw-LC Mention-end TW. My DH and I took my DDs to the Space and Rocket Center. We had a lot of fun! I was just exhausted! AF has been really bad this time!!!     

• KurtniKurtni member
    @splashmountain I relate. I have a pregnant coworker due in September and I
    dread the days I see her.  She’s also so weird and awkward to me since my loss, like its not contagious lady, calm down 🙄 
    Pregnancy Ticker