Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekend WTO 7.13-7.14

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: Weekend WTO 7.13-7.14

• Loading the player...
  • @whitealbum29 new couple friends are always exciting!  It is so hard to make friends as adults now. 

@bows22 I am with you on the heat! It is so insanely hot here and the worst of it is yet to come.  Wine is always a good idea! 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, HIO, prenatals

R/R: Just excited that it is finally the weekend. We are meeting with a married couple group at our church for the first time so hopefully that works out well. Most of our good friends who live nearby are still single  so it would be nice to Meet more couple friends. 

CS/Q: nope

• bows22bows22 member
    @newmomtx06 I should probably stop my whining because if you are in Texas it’s probably much hotter there! Also look at all of you making new friends. That sounds so stressful! And DH suggested wine too but I don’t think they are big wine drinkers and I’m not good at picking out wine for the non-wine drinker haha. It will be my fallback though if I can’t find anything. 

@ejoseph16 wine and bag bingo sounds so fun! Thirty-one is pretty much the only MLM I don’t mind going to parties for. And yes I was thinking something with a home saying on it but wasn’t sure if that was cheesy. But since you said it too maybe I will go with that. We have some errands to run today so I’ll see what I can find while we are out. 
  • @whitealbum29 glad your "couples date" went well! Enjoy your low-key weekend at home. 
    @bows22 sorry AF is being so awful. :( What about a picture frame as a house warming gift? Have a great time with your cousin!
    @newmomtx06 hope meet some nice people at your church group! Finding couple-friends isn't easy. DH and I struggle with that since most of our good friends are either single, or one of us has nothing in common with the other half of the couples we do know. 🤷‍♀️
    @ejoseph16 for some reason I read "oh boy!" in Mickey Mouse's voice. Haha! Glad purse bingo was so much fun! I'll be thinking of you with the baby shower this weekend. I know it's going to be tough. Sending hugs. 💚
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited July 2019
    @whitealbum29 Hope the move went smoothly!
    @newmomtx06 It’s always kind of making new friends as an adult, and extra hard finding s couple where you like both. 
    @bows22 I think gift cards to Home Depot and Bed Bath and Beyond are always helpful. Personally I’d love one from Home Goods! Sorry for AF and the heat.
    @emeraldduchess I hope you have a delicious dinner.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @emeraldduchess I’m so glad you read it that way! Lol. I hate OPK testing with a passion. And thank you... I’m terrified for the feelings tomorrow. My thought process is if I get too emotional, I’ll leave. She knows about the MC, so she will be understanding. 
  • bows22bows22 member
    @emeraldduchess I give you a lot of credit for doing OPKs at work! I’m sure I would make a pee mess trying to be sneaky 
  • @bows22 - Have fun with your family! I think fancy olive oil for their kitchen is a nice housewarming gift too! Maybe infused with rosemary or something.
    @newmomtx06 - A couples group sounds fun, I hope you find some good couple friends! It's a weirdly hard thing to do as we get older it seems!
    @ejoseph16 - I hope the baby shower isn't too unpleasant to be at! Good luck getting through it
    @emeraldduchess - Have fun at dinner!

also re: OPKs at work -- omg it's my MO. I work in a small office with just one bathroom for all of us and I try to be stealth about getting my little bag with the tests and the little jar I pee into and hiding it when I leave the room, but I'm not sure how successful I am at hiding it and at this point I don't really care.  :D (I should probably come up with a better system for my own sanity though.) If anyone ever asks what I keep bringing into the bathroom I'm just going to say "Oh this? It's drugs."
  • @ejoseph16 do you have another friend attending who knows what you're going through that you can sit with and stay close to? That helped me at the first shower I went to, I stuck by my MIL.

@bows22 that is adorable! RE: OPKs at work, it's the biggest pain because I'm a teacher and get so few bathroom breaks and they aren't at consistent times each day. Definitely can't run to the bathroom to POAS and wait for results in the middle of math class! There are also only certain bathrooms I'll use, since they're all single-occupancy and some are in places where there's always someone nearby (nurse's office, main office, etc.). 
  • Month/Cycle: 14/9/4 AL

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: Femara, Metformin, prenatal, Conceive Plus, HIO EOD, BW on CD21, temping/tracking with FF.

R/R: We booked our beach trip to Hilton Head this morning...we’re going the first week of October, so now I’m already counting down! Cannot wait!! Also I’ve been working on some deep cleaning today, which is well overdue...we’ve either been painting our house or traveling on the weekends recently, so it’s so nice to just have a day to clean and also just hang out!! 

CS/Q: Really thought O was going to be yesterday since I got some more cramping/pinching last night, but my temp says otherwise. We abandoned the EOD thing for the first time this cycle, hopefully that pays off...I told DH I wanted to give it all we’ve got on this last cycle before meeting with an RE! 

@whitealbum29 glad you had a good evening out with a new couple friend! Hopefully finishing the unpacking won’t take too much longer and you all can relax tomorrow! 

@bows22 have fun with your family today!! Haha, I feel ya on the being happy it starts early, we are not night owls at all! That sign is super cute, I bet they will love it! 

@newmomtx06 have fun at your church couples event!! We are both introverts, so it’s a little difficult to make new friends...I’m hoping once we have kids it’ll be easier to make friends with other parents at church and whatnot! 

@ejoseph16 ugh, the dreaded man cold...hopefully it doesn’t last too long! Sounds like you had a great evening with bag bingo! Good luck with the shower tomorrow, really hope it’s not too triggering! 

@emeraldduchess hope you have a great weekend even though it’s busy! Yay for no OPK’s at work! When I was using them, I would do them immediately when I got home from work...but figured I missed the best time to do them! Haha, @whitealbum29 I love your planned response if anyone ever asks!! 😂 Bravo to both of you!! 
  • bows22bows22 member
    @bluetickgal we’re going to Hilton head in August! I’ve only been there once but I loved it and I’m so excited. Have you been there before?
  • @emeraldduchess unfortunately, I don’t. It’s just me. We taught together in Arizona, so everyone there is her friends and family from Michigan. I know her best friend really well, but she just had a baby a few months ago, so... kinda wanting to avoid her. 😔 I hate that I can’t just be excited, but it’s a constant reminder that I was supposed to be 5 months in at this shower. 

@bows22 so cute! I love it! 

@bluetickgal omg a trip to Hilton head sounds wonderful! MH doesn’t like to travel, so I’ve been talking him into a vacation since March, and got a day trip next week out of it. Win I guess? Lol

@mercury94 yay for O!!! FX for you! 
  • @bows22 that’s awesome! I’d love to hear if you have any recommendations of places to visit (restaurants & sights) after you go! We have not been before, but have only heard good things!! 

@mercury94 yay for (most likely) O!! Hope you have a good rest of your weekend! 

@ejoseph16 ah, that stinks your H doesn’t like to travel! A day trip sounds nice though! ☺️ Do you all live close to a beach or anything? Does he just not like being away from home, or the actual travel part? Hopefully you can get him to do a longer trip before long!! We are in KY, so not close to a beach at all! Very glad to be driving though, we went to Hawaii last year on a delayed honeymoon and realized neither of us love flying!
  • @bluetickgal he just doesn’t like to be away from home. I’m a traveler! I moved to Arizona to teach for 3 years on a whim, I’ve been to Europe multiple times... he hates flying. We went last summer to Portland, Oregon to visit one of my teaching friends. It was wonderful! But no, we don’t really live near a beach. We are in northwest Ohio, so we could go to Lake Erie if we wanted to, but he also isn’t a beach fan. He’s such a buzzkill. Lol. I have full permission to do girls trips to get my traveling in, so there’s that! Haha! Our day trip this week is to go hiking in hocking hills. So I’m excited for that! Hawaii sounds wonderful! I’ve never been! 
  • Month/Cycle: Jan 2018

CD: 2 :( 

WAYDTGKU: This is our first full cycle with the OK to TTC from my doctors since Jan 2019!!! Prenatals, 

R/R: ... and I am traveling for work off and on all month. Boo. Leaving tomorrow, so and it seems like I should be home at the right time. 

CS/Q: Nope. 

•  Wow! I fell behind on this thread. I’ll do my best to catch up/ comment more today. 

Thanks everyone! We had a good time with that group yesterday. We don’t think we will be best friends with anyone, but it was a chill group and we got along with everyone. We will definitely try doing something with them again.

@ejoseph16  glad you had fun and good luck at the baby shower! 

@bows22 whine away! Heat sucks no matter where you are.

@emeraldduchess glad you get a break from it at work! We definitely have the problem of finding couple friends we both like. Friends are hard as adults!

@bluetickgal we love HH! Our ultimate goal is to retire there. (Dream big right?)

ill comment more later!

• bows22bows22 member
    @mercury94 I hope your busy weekend is fun! And that you are able to get some HIO in!

@bluetickgal I remember loving the Dunes House last time if you are staying in Palmetto Dunes. We also took a day trip to Savannah which was really cool. I’ll report back after our trip though!

@inthewoods23 I’m sorry that you couldn’t make it through vaca without drama. I hope it was fun and somewhat relaxing before that. 

@whatsbumpinpumpkin I’m sorry for AF!

• @ejoseph16 wow, that’s good you’ve already been able to travel a lot! I definitely want to go to Europe!! That’s great you have the option to do girl’s trips to get your travel fix in! Hopefully he’ll open up to traveling more at some point...Hawaii was amazing, I would definitely recommended going if you can!! I have a coworker friend who went and stayed at a cabin at/near Hocking Hills not too long ago, she took some gorgeous pictures there!! Hope you have a great time hiking!! Sending you hugs/good vibes for the baby shower today...that’s so nice your mom is going with you!

@inthewoods23 hope you had a good vacation minus the SIL drama!! 

@whatsbumpinpumpkin yay for being able to try this cycle!! Hope timing works out perfectly with your travel schedule! 

@newmomtx06 awesome!! Any must see/do suggestions?! I think that sounds like a great goal/dream!! ☺️

@bows22 I just looked up The Dunes House and it’s about 15 minutes away from where we will be staying, so we can definitely check it out!! Thanks!! We actually talked about going to Savannah instead of HH, so we may do a day trip there too! DH loves history and I’ve heard Savannah is such a neat historical area!! 
  • Month/Cycle: It's been years, but I'll go based on being back with an RE. 1/1

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: Femara, trigger shot, timed intercourse 

R/R: Just happy to be back trying actively! 

CS/Q: No

Me: 28, DH: 28
    Diagnosed with PCOS: Summer 2007
    Married: July 2013
    Began TTC: June 2015

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/58d258

• @bluetickgal thanks! We are excited. I almost went to school in savannah it’s gorgeous. 
    @bows22 I didn’t think we had a shot. I was benched the first half of my cycle still, then we were traveling and sleeping in different beds, lol. 
    @firebaby688 yay for actively trying!!! 
    @inthewoods23 every time we go see my in laws there is so much drama. I’m sorry you are dealing with it. 
    @ejoseph16 so glad it’s over for you, and you had your mom to support, just be extra kind to yourself. 

• @bluetickgal I second the Dunes House. We also love WiseGuys. Salty Dog is touristy but still worth it IMO. Truthfully, most of our time is spend lying at the teach. Coco’s has great daiquiris if DH likes them.