Group 1 (2/1-2/7) Check-in w/o 7/8

EDD/W+D:

Team finding out/pink/blue/green:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appts:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about being pregnant?

Re: Group 1 (2/1-2/7) Check-in w/o 7/8

• EDD/W+D: feb 3 & 10 weeks today

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Strawberry 

Upcoming appts: July 26th

How are you feeling?: Still nauseous 

Rants/Raves: Entire family caught a stomach bug over the weekend and we were all throwing up and having diarrhea constantly. So glad that’s done. 

Questions:

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about being pregnant? The end lol I’ve never been one to enjoy pregnancy but the end result is the best. 
  • EDD/W+D: 2/5/20 / 9+5

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding Out 

Baby is the size of a(n): water bottle cap

Upcoming appts: NIPT on Friday; July 25 for next OB appt

How are you feeling?: Somewhat better, thank goodness. I still have some strong waves of nausea if I’m hungry or really tired. Hoping the first tri crappy feeling is going away, but I’m not getting my hopes up yet. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: It’s Monday after a long holiday weekend. Blah. Also, my 11 month old has been super clingy and fussy lately, which isn’t like him. It’s wearing me out. Rave: See above where I’m starting to feel somewhat better. Yay!

Questions: None

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about being pregnant? Ugh, pregnancy is hard and I’m generally not a fan of being pregnant. The baby at the end is the only reason I’ve done it this many times. But, if I have to choose, I’d say baby kicks and looking cute pregnant in the 2nd Tri. That only lasts for like a week.
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D: Feb 1/10w2d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): chocolate truffle

Upcoming appts: July 16th, finally just 1 week away

How are you feeling?: really tired

Rants/Raves: 
    Rave: we went public this weekend and I am so happy to not have to keep this secret anymore. Also, I had a pretty good couple of days energy wise, though I seem to be paying for that this morning. 
    Rant: Hormones are making me extra irritable with people, so that's been fun. Thankfully my husband is not on the receiving end. 

Questions:

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about being pregnant? Feeling the baby kick. 😁 
  • mandk1233mandk1233 member
    edited July 2019
    @therealbitts, re: looking cute pregnant, I am also looking forward to getting past the stage where it looks like I just stopped exercising my abs and/or ate too much. 😂

@kmj1426 Glad you are starting to feel better. Stomach bugs are the worst! 
  • @mandk1233 Glad you were able to announce! We also announced to our families this weekend, since they would know something was up by me not drinking. I’ll wait to tell work and others after our 12 week scan. Can’t believe that’s only a couple weeks away!

@kmj1426 Ugh, stomach bugs are the absolute worst. Especially when they spread to everyone in the house, which they inevitably do! Hope everyone gets healthy soon. 
  •  EDD/W+D: February 3rd / 10w0d today!

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry 🍓 

Upcoming appts: July 24th

How are you feeling?: I think I’m actually over the sickness! By the middle of last week I started to feel like myself again, with the “constant hangover” finally disappearing. Now I only feel nauseous when I’m hungry, and I usually get tired around 3 or 4 and need to lay down for a bit when I get home. If we could just get the pregnancy acne to disappear, I’d be one happy camper! 

Rants/Raves: I’m really happy (and thankful) to finally be feeling better. 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about being pregnant? I’m looking forward to having a bump and feeling those first little kicks :)
  • EDD/W+D: February 6th, 9+4

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out, but we won't be telling anyone else. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Tater tot! 

Upcoming appts: 12 week appointment and nuchal ultrasound on 7/25. 

How are you feeling?: Exhausted, constipated, nauseated, anxious. 

Rants/Raves: I just want food to taste good. Nothing tastes good except bland food and icecream right now, and I can't eat many carbs because I have risk factors for gestation diabetes. 

Questions: None. 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about being pregnant? Honestly- being pregnant after a miscarriage is more anxiety ridden than joyous. I'm looking forward to getting past the first trimester, and to feeling baby move/ kick. I think both of those things will give me peace of mind. 
  • EDD/W+D: 2/7/20 - 9w4d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): pop can tab

Upcoming appts: Thursday! FINALLLLY.

How are you feeling?: Massive nausea and exhaustion this past weekend. Miserable.

Rants/Raves: None

Questions: none

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about being pregnant? Giving my daughter the sibling she has been wanting. Broke my heart this weekend her talking about how sad she is that she doesn't have a brother or sister. So we are SO excited to tell her after our appointment on Thursday.
  • EDD/W+D:  Feb 7

Team finding out/pink/blue/green:  Finding out, should know by the end of the month!

Baby is the size of a(n):  southern pecan 

Upcoming appts:  genetic counseling/testing appt on 7/16

How are you feeling?:  Can't complain too much! Still much more nauseous than last pregnancy and not enjoying most food, and some occasional pains from ligaments starting to stretch, but life is good overall!

Rants/Raves:  Rave for the long holiday weekend, rant that it's Monday  :( 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about being pregnant?  Feeling the baby of course, and the glow/great hair  ;)  
  • @bg122785 that’s super sweet about getting to tell your daughter after the appt. I bet she’ll be so excited!!
  • @kmj1426 so sorry about the stomach bug! My toddler has been sick since Friday so I feel like we missed out on enjoying the long holiday weekend. 

EDD/W+D: 2/5 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: I want to stay green as long as possible...but I’ll probably find out. 

Baby is the size of a(n): water bottle cap 

Upcoming appts: I have a CVS on 7/15. I’m nervous! 

How are you feeling?: tired...really tired. 

Rants/Raves: my husband has been a huge help with the sick kiddo. I really lucked out. 

Questions: has anyone else had a CVS before? Any tips?

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about being pregnant? The kicks. I think having my daughter be able to feel her little sibling will be so exciting. 
  • @lanie1000 good luck with your CVS. Just curious, why are you getting that? It’s different from the NIPT, right?
  • @therealbitts thanks! It is different. I had the NIPT with my first pregnancy in 2016/17. But now that I’m 35, my OB and MFM recommended I consider the CVS because it’s more conclusive then the NIPT. The NIPT can only give you a likelihood for some disorders, while CVS will give you more definitive findings on a much wider range of genetic and chromosomal abnormalities. 
  • velmaOvelmaO member
    EDD/W+D: 2.5.20 / 9w 6d

Team finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): random piece of fruit

Upcoming appts: July 16, dating ultrasound (finally). 

How are you feeling?: less tired than I was, but still pretty exhausted 

Rants/Raves: My 4 yr old is acting out now that we’ve told her we are having a baby. We wanted to wait to tell her, but she’s too rowdy and kept jumping on my stomach... so now she’s acting out at school and at home. Le sigh. She wants a sibling (so she thinks), so we thought she would straighten up...

Questions: (rhetorical) When will I stop being so tired?

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about being pregnant?
    All of it. My first pregnancy was great. Can’t wait to meet the little one. 
  • @velmaO yes! Why is it always fruit?? 😆
  • hannahw44hannahw44 member
    edited July 2019
    EDD/W+D: feb 2 / 10+5

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out as soon as I can

Baby is the size of a(n): fig

Upcoming appts: mid-Aug

How are you feeling?: so much better! I ate vegetables which seems like a miracle...my nausea is really lifting. 

Rants/Raves:  see above! Also I got an ultrasound yesterday and saw my little one..couldn’t believe it!

Questions: this is my first baby and I’m just 10 weeks, so I shouldn’t be showing right? I swear I am...

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about being pregnant? Those kicks!
  • @hannahw44 this is also my first and I definitely have a bump. It started as bloat but is starting to harden. So, yes, it is possible.