Weekly Check-in Group 3&4 (Jan 17-31) w/o 7/8

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush?

Re: Weekly Check-in Group 3&4 (Jan 17-31) w/o 7/8

• Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/22 11w5d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): macaron

Upcoming Appointments: July 23rd but need to call and let them know it’s twins! 

How are you feeling?: Yesterday was a terrible day. I had a headache, nausea, was exhausted. I’m hoping today is better. This pregnancy is so weird. Nothing is consistent.

Rants/Raves: Im having some trouble getting used to the idea of having twins. I’ve been up nightly with anxiety over money. I really need to sit down and go through what we have vs what we truly need. I’m hoping I can get to a point where I can relax and get excited. 

Questions: I’m sure I have a million.

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? Justin Timberlake
  • @kbrown2385 I can’t imagine. Twins is such a blessing but also a huuuge mental adjustment I would think. Hoping you can get to that place of peace 

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/23 11 weeks 4 days 

Baby is the size of a(n): Brussels sprout 

Upcoming Appointments: not until August 

How are you feeling?: better. Not great, but better. Still nauseated in the evenings and now adding heartburn to the evenings as well. But overall I feel a lot more functional. 

Rants/Raves: MH’s schedule is really weird right now and it’s been throwing me off. Things go back to normal ish this week so I’m hoping it helps!

Questions: how much water do you drink every day?

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? Chris Pine 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kbrown2385 - OH MY GOODNESS! I missed so much. You're having twins?????? What? When did this happen? Why didn't they see this on the first ultrasounds?

@MrsJessS - I never drink as much as I'm supposed to. A few weeks ago I was only drinking about 50 oz. I'm sure I didn't do much better when I was on vacation. My goal this week is at least 72 oz, and I'm going to try to raise it to 100 oz in the next few weeks.

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 18th / 12w+2d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): as tall as a rubrics cube

Upcoming Appointments: Today!

How are you feeling?: Nausea comes and goes depending on the day. Fatigue is still there, but overall symptoms are more mild and I'm feeling better

Rants/Raves: Today is the day we announce! I'm going in for an ultrasound and as long as everything looks good, we are going to post on social media.

Questions: Can you feel your uterus yet?

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? Alex Pettyfer from Alex Rider
  • @MrsJessS I definitely don’t drink as much as I should, maybe around 40-50 oz. I need to find a good reminder to drink more often. 

@marebear15 yes twins 😬. I had my mfm consult on Friday and during the abdominal ultrasound we saw something we needed a better look at. We switched to tv ultrasound and it was clear as day, two babies two heartbeats. I said a lot of things laying there and now I’ve settled on terrified and anxious. Idk how it was missed in the previous two ultrasounds. At the 8 weeks scan my re did multiple sweeps of the uterus to make sure it was just one. Baby b is already very good at playing hide and seek. 
  • MsIanMsIan member
    @kbrown2385 I literally can't imagine. I have no other words other than what everyone else said: I hope you find space for peace and excitement. 

@MrsJessS Not nearly enough. I had to start drinking the lightly sweetened vitamin water a few weeks ago to even get fluids in and now the only water I can drink has to be ice cold. I need to do better. That's my goal this week. 

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 31. 10+3

Baby is the size of a(n): chocolate truffle

Upcoming Appointments: TBD. Still trying to find a doctor that does direct billing here. Hopefully around the 19th. 

How are you feeling?: Much better. Experienced some RLP today, which wasn't fun. I've gone from not being able to eat, to having to eat every 1-2 hours, but it's better than the former. 

Rants/Raves: My step daughters are staying with us for the summer and they're driving me absolutely crazy. 

Questions: Not right now

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? Lil' Bow Wow 😂
  • peppyj9peppyj9 member
    edited July 2019
    @kbrown2385 sorry you're dealing with anxiety. I'm sure once you sit down and plan out what you need vs already have, you'll feel better. I can't imagine the ups and downs you must be having. Twins is amazing, but also, omg 😐

@MrsJessS glad YH schedule will be settling down soon. Military life can be rough! Especially now you're pregnant and have another child to handle. I hope you have a good support system otherwise when YH is on duty. As for water, I know I'm not drinking enough. I normally love water but lately the idea of it is unappealing unless there's flavor. 🤷‍♀️

@marebear15 did you have a nice vacation? How exciting you get to announce today! Also, as a FTM, I don't know what my uterus feels like? My lower abdomen feels harder than usual but that's about it.

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 24/ 11wks3dys

Baby is the size of a(n): fig

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday, July 10th

How are you feeling?: anxious for this upcoming ultrasound. I've never had a loss before but for some reason I am still very paranoid about something going wrong. My initial appt with my PCP certainly didn't help. Strangely, my nausea seems worse now towards the 2nd tri than it did in the 1st. I wake up in the middle of the night to pee and end up dry heaving because my stomach is empty. I have to keep crackers by my bed to settle my stomach at 3am. 

Rants/Raves: It is July and here in WA it is still overcast and rainy. We've had a few nice days, but it doesn't really feel like summer yet. I'm originally from NM where it's summer by April so this is certainly different. 

Questions: are you supposed to throw yourself a baby shower or is someone supposed to do it for you? Like a maid of honor kind of thing. I know that's silly, just wasn't really sure the etiquette. Like is it not ok to say "hey I'm having a baby, come eat some food and bring me presents!" 😅

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? This may show my age, but, JTT - Jonathan Taylor Thomas 😂

Edit: typos
  • *lurking from group 1&2

@kbrown2385 you've only known for a few days. Give yourself some time to let the news settle in & process. My initial reaction was about all the things we now need that we would have already had for one and still is a little and then thinking about money too - we've just booked a new build house off plan, which wont be ready til April/May next year, im about to take up to a year off, do we need to change the car, childcare costs for 3. Its a lot, even though i know ultimately we will be just fine. I'm still not quite there yet & have felt unbelievable guilt for not being as delighted and excited as everyone else seems to be as i know so many people who would love to be in our position but i was/am fully prepared to throat punch the next person who tells me what a blessing it is. Its so overwhelming and so much to deal with and unless you are personally dealing with it, there is simply no way of know how you will feel. There is no right way to react to news like this! Take all the time you need & you'll get there. <3
  • @peppyj9 - Tradition states that someone else should throw you a baby shower. However, I've seen more and more parents do a co-ed, family party, that they host. It really depends on your community and how your friends would react. In some very traditional Southern cultures, a baby shower must be hosted by a mother, MIL, or sister, no men or children are allowed, and it's a sit-down, dress up, game time event. 
    In my circle, it's more of a family event, drop-in, just really chill event. My MIL, SIL, and sister usually throw it together and ask my input on decorations, etc. And yes, I will probably be having another baby shower, because that's just is what's done in my circle. I know a lot of other cultures and tradition state that a baby shower is just for the first baby, but more and more people want to celebrate every baby. If I'm having another girl, it will probably just be a diaper shower. If it's a boy, I'll have more stuff on my registry.

So TLDR, just see what your other friends and people who would be invited to your shower are doing, and "copy" what they would deem acceptable.
  • @kbrown2385 you are handling the news much better than I could. I would probably be fainting multiple times a day if I had twins come at me LOL.

@peppyj9 OMG thank god I'm not the only one who doesn't know baby shower protocol!! I'm curious what the STM+ say about that too.

@msian RLP is no joke. I keep standing up to fast and then doubling over. Which is lovely.

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/17, 12+3

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): plum

Upcoming Appointments: NIPT blood draw today, First OB 7/10

How are you feeling?: woof. Nausea while is left often, comes like a ton of bricks when it rears its ugly head, and it's paired with its evil twin, heartburn. Not getting as tired as fast. Which is good. 

Rants/Raves: My brain is a hot mess. I put the bacon in the crisper drawer the other day. At least I still managed to put it in the fridge and not somewhere stupid. LOL. We have told some more local friends since it's getting harder and harder to hide it from them. They are all excited. With the NIPT getting drawn today, hopefully we can start telling other people in the next couple of weeks because I'm still dying to tell my besties that live in MD. Honestly, if it was more proper, I wouldn't care if my parents told the family so I don't have too LOL.

Questions: What kind of bras are you all getting?I need to start shopping cuz these puppies are out growing my current ones. Not that i'm really complaining about that. I just don't want to spend a ton of money on bras that may or may not fit in future. 

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? First first??? Nick Carter. First real celeb crush being old enough to understand Orlando Bloom. :P 
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23

• @kbrown2385 congrats on twins!  I'm a twin so I always love hearing about others having twins!
    @MrsJessS I don't count how much I drink but I'm on the very low end.  I'm just not a big drinker of liquids.  I pretty much have to force myself to drink something.
    @marebear15 I can't tell whats uterus or muscle.  Honestly I could never tell with my other pregnancies either.

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 24th, 11+3

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): I think strawberry status still

Upcoming Appointments: normal 14 week appointment on July 25th

How are you feeling?:  Still have some nausea off and on.  I'm starting in get some ligament pain but not too much happening over here.

Rants/Raves:   I'm flat out exhausted.  I just don't have the energy to even want to do anything.  I feel like a couch potato because I don't want to do anything but sleep or think about sleep.  I can't wait for that feeling to slowly go away.  

Questions: Nope

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush?  Gosh I have no idea.  Is it weird that I don't remember that kind of stuff from when I was younger?
  • @kbrown2385 I can’t imagine going through that, especially when you didn’t find out from the first ultrasound! I really hope it sorts out in your favor so that you can enjoy both your pregnancy and your babies without that kind of stress!

@MrsJessS I don’t know the exact amount, but a lot more than before. Especially at work, since my job is mostly physical, I refill my 32oz water bottle at least a couple times.

@marebear15 No, I can’t feel mine yet but I’m only just past 11 weeks. I can’t really button my pants anymore though!

@peppyj9 I’m so sorry that you keep worrying that something could go wrong. For some reason I kept (and sometimes still do) worrying as well. It’s a terrible feeling to have and hope that all goes well at your appointment. I hope that as terrible as the nausea is, it is able to help reassure you!
    As far as the baby shower goes, traditionally someone throws it for you, but I feel like today so much is different, it probably doesn’t matter and depends on your community like what @marebear15 said, she did a great job covering it! My MIL and mom threw me one, but they asked my input on some things. Plus, it was co-ed, so it was more like a family/friend celebration with a couple fun games.

@stashattack I laughed when you said you wouldn’t care if your parents told everyone so you don’t have to, because that’s seriously how I’ve felt with some people. Especially at work, I was ready to tell everyone but didn’t know how. Luckily my boss asked if it was okay for her to announce it at our next meeting. I was totally on board so that I didn’t have to! Lol what’s wrong with me?? And sorry can’t help with your question because I’m on the same boat! Need new comfy ones!!

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 25/ 10w2d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out, hopefully within 2 weeks!

Baby is the size of a(n): lime (TB says could fit in a paper towel tube which I find weird and not a good judgement of size)

Upcoming Appointments: July 24 for check up

How are you feeling?: My evening nausea has turned to all day, but the intensity isn’t as bad on most days. Sometimes I have a huge urge to throw up but just can’t. I’ve started to get itchy, slightly more forgetful, and want to eat eat but nothing sounds good still! RLP has stepped up more too.

Rants/Raves: For now, I don’t really have any. I say that and later I’ll have a reason to rant and rave lol

Questions: Do you think it’s tacky if a friend wants to throw you a shower/sprinkle if it’s your second baby? Is it better to nicely decline the idea or??

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? Totally Leonardo DiCaprio
  • @blackcat01 I love the idea of a sprinkle for second/third/etc babies! I don’t think they are tacky at all. A full blown shower I might side eye (sorry. Lived in the rural south too long) but would still happily attend. Especially if your friend is offering to host, it probably means a lot to them. I was really looking forward to hosting a sprinkle for my friend but her husband wasn’t really on board so it never happened and I was a little bummed 

@stashattack I luckily kept my bras from college when I was heavier and had a bigger chest. Thank you buffets for every meal...and beer. So I just kept those bras around and they work great as I grow. I know Target has some nice bras at a lower price point though!

@peppyj9 fortunately I do have an awesome support system here! My friends are the best. I think @marebear15 pretty well covered the baby shower thing. And as far as WA, take a weekend trip across the mountains! It’s wayyyy warmer in the central part haha. I’m assuming you’re on the coast?

Last but not least, glad I’m not the only one struggling to drink enough water!
  • stashattackstashattack member
    edited July 2019
    @MrsJessS Yeah I went to target. But I'm already a weird size starting out as a 32D. Which target only carries up to a 32B in store. And I hate bra shopping online. Like HAATEEE it. So target is a no go for me right now. And I'm sad about that. 

@blackcat01 omg yes. I feel you with the boss announcing it for me to. IDK if I really feel like telling people individually in my office or just sending out an awkward email to my immediate office. LOL. Also my cousin had a sprinkle for her second. I liked it because I couldn't make it to her first baby shower! But I guess it all depends on the family.

edit spelling
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9w 2d

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: currently team green but we will see. I wanted to find out with my first two but I’m not sure this time around

Baby is the size of a(n): walnut

Upcoming Appointments: July 28

How are you feeling?: like I got hit by a truck. So much nausea, dry heaving and headaches.  Toast is my go to meal right now

Questions: 
    None right now

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? JTT or Devon Sawa 😍

@kbrown2385 Twins would send me into a bit of a panic too Especially since they missed it on your first u/s. Definitely let yourself feel however you need to and Excitement will come.

@MrsJessS I’m not drinking enough water. It makes me nauseous right now. My goal is to just try and take small sips as often as possible. I started carrying a water bottle around with me. My goal is 1/2 my body weight in water so around 75oz but I’m not getting that right now 
  • @stashattack - I feel your pain on the bra shopping. I'm a 32DD, so I have to go to an actual bra store to find. Now that I know which brand I like, I just shop online. My brand doesn't go up to an F, so idk what I'm going to do now.
  • @clee5711 thanks for that. I’m having trouble with people in real life not understanding why I’m not super excited. I’ll get there eventually, just not right now.  
  • ivybabe21ivybabe21 member
    edited July 2019
    @stashattack by happenstance my Mom sent me some Spanx bras. THEY ARE SO COMFORTABLE! Usually Spanx items are not cheap but I will look for this particular brand the next time I'm bra shopping.

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:  January 22/ 11 weeks 4 days

Baby is the size of a(n): macaroon

Upcoming Appointments: July 22nd

How are you feeling?: Very nauseous and still tired. I broke down and bought those nausea bands today and they literally helped in like 5 minutes.

Rants/Raves: A little anxious rounding the bend of 1st trimester. We have started telling family and close friends.

Questions: When do ladies start feeling the baby's movement??

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? Taimak from the movie The Last Dragon. 😂
  • Wow it's only Monday and I feel like I missed a lot.

@kbrown2385 I know it's a huge shock but as others have said you only have known a couple of days. Pregnancy hormones make it worse. I panicked about stuff and so far as I know I'm only having one. Hang in there!

@MrsJessS I wasn't drinking a lot due to nausea but that has subsided a bit so I'm trying to do at least 64oz a day. But the more I drink the more I have to pee....

@peppyj9 thanks for that question. I had wondered too but keep forgetting to ask!

@MsIan the nausea keeps getting better with the weeks for me and that makes it easier with the water. Hopefully it gets better soon for you!

@stashattack last weekend I was feeling so uncomfortable and I was visiting home so I made my mom go shopping with me. As a FTM I felt overwhelmed with the process. At destination maternity they had a bunch of nursing bras I found comfortable for pretty cheap so I got a couple. In hindsight I should have gotten more.

@mispanda I feel ya on the couch potato feeling. Though thankfully it's getting better! Hopefully it will for you soon!

@clee5711 I feel ya on team green. I want to not know but we'll see how long we last.

@blackcat01 and @stashattack I feel ya about the pregnancy announcement. I'm trying to figure out how to tell the people I work with at work because it's going to be obvious soon and I think it's easier for them to know than guess lol. I'm thinking a listserve email to our department similar to our social media announcement.

@marebear15 welcome back! I do think I can feel my uterus. It feel like a true bump and not just a fat pad on my belly. I keep rubbingy belly because it feels so much different already....

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 11 weeks

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): lime

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow is my NT scan. 

How are you feeling?: Excited to see the baby but also really nervous. I had a mini breakdown about it yesterday and DH didn't know what to do. I just wanted to be hugged.

Rants/Raves: uggh students were really annoying today. I'm running an online class and the midterm was today. Ive had so many emails complaining about it being too long or that they failed or technical difficulties...I'm just over it. I know it isn't too long and I haven't even graded the exam yet. Then I also had first year registration and there was a girl who wanted me to plan out her life for her. I was like....this is your educational journey. I don't know what you like nor want to do. Uugh oh well. Now I get to console myself by grading exams. Not my favorite part of teaching...

Questions: do I wait to see if I get things on my registry or just get some of the big ticket items myself if I find a good deal? I don't even know if I will have a baby shower but hoping someone throws one for me even though I live far away now.

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush?
    Gosh no idea....but I still have somewhat celebrity crush on Alan Alda. I know he's mid eighties so maybe admire is more like it. He does so much to promote science communication ❤️❤️
  • @kbrown2385 My heart goes out to you. I’m sure I’d also be freaking out, anxious, and definitely stressed about the financial aspect of it all. Just take it one day at a time, be kind to yourself, and it will all fall into place!

@MrsJessS That’s kind of what I was thinking, maybe a small sprinkle if she really wants to throw something but definitely don’t want a full on baby shower. I don’t feel I need to have anything thrown, but if she’s hell bent on it then I’ll let it be!

@stashattack and @biolprof I found it easier to tell some people over others. With some I was so excited to tell and the rest I just had not a clue how to break the news. Luckily my boss LOVES to be the one to share any big news. Could this be arranged for you at all? Otherwise I think an announcement email is a good way to go and it allows everyone to hear at once without awkwardly standing in front of a group/meeting sharing it out loud! 
    Oh and @biolprof, if you find great deals I say buy it now, but keep the receipts because you can always return them if someone ends up buying them for you!
  • marebear15marebear15 member
    edited July 2019
    @knottiekw_ivyphotoop - I started feeling my first at 17 weeks with an anterior placenta. I haven't started feeling this one yet, and I'm at 12 weeks right now.

@biolprof - If you see a sale, get the big ticket items. You probably won't get any from your baby shower, unless it's your mother or MIL. My MIL bought the crib, and my mother bought the glider, but everything else large we bought ourselves. 
    For our shower, we mostly got clothes, diapers, and the little things like diaper cream, books, bows, and grooming kits.
  • @MrsJessS oh that's good! I'm glad you have friends around you! And yes, I'm near the coast right off the hood canal, about an hour south from Seattle. It's gorgeous here, but people weren't kidding about this being a rainy state!

@stashattack I've been getting by with my sports bras as they have some room for stretch and I like the extra support without wires because man, my boobs are sore! It's like puberty all over again 😝
  • @peppyj9 I should try my one sports bra, but my other one is super small to begin with because I love the extra squish support for jogging LOL. I'm looking at arie bras. They were on sale the last time I looked but I wanted to go instore, but also too lazy to drive to the mall. I'm just being lazy AF right now about it. But omg even with underwire my boobs are super sore. LOL
  • @stashattack If you're thinking about nursing or just don't know yet I always buy the seamless nursing bras at this point, I always found them to be most comfy but not the greatest with support.  They are stretchy and most can accommodate growth because the boobs will definitely grow some more.  I just went through so many bras with my first pregnancy that I learned in my second to buy the nursing bras so I could use them after birth too.  Or just any seamless bra at this point will work too!
  • Thanks @mispanda. I definitely want to breastfeed. But being a FTM I just don't know if my boobs will hold up to their end of the bargain on that one. I've heard that they can jerks to those who want to breastfeed. I'll look into seemless/nursing bras for sure!! Thanks for the input!
  • @peppyj9 I grew up in central Washington and it’s actually almost a desert! Its like a whole different world lol
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/32, 10w 4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Brussels sprout

Upcoming Appointments: 7/22

How are you feeling?: So much better than a few weeks ago - nausea has calmed down. Just so tired. Going to try to get back into the swing of making actual food for myself and not just plain pasta and toast :wink:

Rants/Raves: Popsicles! Watermelon!

Questions: None right now

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? Kevin Costner, I was a weird kid
  • @MrsJessS I don’t drink enough water at all... 2 bottles a day? Is that terrible? That’s terrible right? 

Est Due date: 1/17 12w4d
    Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: we found we are team pink!!!!!

Baby is the size of a(n): plum 

Upcoming Appointments: had my 12 week appointment and US Monday, all good. Next one will be in 4 weeks

How are you feeling?: yesterday I almost fainted getting my blood drawn at my appointment. It was horrible. I was sweating and dizzy and almost vomited. That has never happened to me before. They said my blood pressure dropped very low. I stayed there and laid on an exam table for 40 minutes and then wound up taking an Uber home. Fortunately my DD was with my in-laws so they brought her home and watched her until she went down for her nap (during which time I napped too) and then came back at night to go with my husband to pick up my car from the Dr 30 mins away. It was quite the day. But feeling better now! 

Rants/Raves:  Rave: I am just so happy to be having another girl so I don’t have to buy anything! And they are going to share a room so I don’t have to do any work on the house or decorate a nursery or anything. I never nested AT ALL with my first and I don’t picture this time being any different so this is a huge relief for me.
    Rant: my second will be born 2 weeks after my DD’s birthday, which will be great, except for this year when I will be 38 weeks pregnant. I do birthday parties BIG TIME and usually start planning 6 months out (so, now) and I’m freaking out a little. My DD will be turning 3 and is already telling me what she wants at her party so I can’t just not host one, and she has been in school for 2 years now and has lots of little friends so the idea of doing something very small is not a very feasible one. So now I’m stressed.

Questions:  

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? Uncle Jesse
  • Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/25.  12 weeks 0 days

Baby is the size of a(n): plum/lime depending on app 

Upcoming Appointments: NTS this upcoming Friday. Just had 12 wk scan on Thursday. 

How are you feeling?: bloated. All. The. Time. Other than that, not too bad. Only get nauseous if I get hungry and don’t eat immediately. 

Rants/Raves: 12 wk scan was amazing. 😍
    wish my panorama results would come in. I got an email saying all my results were in but it was just the genetic screening. Which was all negative so yay! But I am more worried about the other one so now I am anxious again. Womp womp. 

Questions: when did everyone tell everyone? We’ve told close friends and family but haven’t made like the big work announcement. And I haven’t told
    my grandmas because they would be more crushed than me if something bad happened (I’m the only grand daughter on both sides, and they are both about 90 so I don’t want to upset them!) 

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? Keanu Reeves. Pretty sure I watched Speed 100 times in middle school. Lol. (And yes. Older mama first time here.) 
  • @jcat1919 We told both our moms right away when we found out, and were too excited to wait, so told most everyone else around 7-8 weeks. I told work around 9 weeks. I know that’s a little early, but we saw the heartbeat and heard it’s a lower risk of mc after seeing it. I think most people are comfortable sharing once they hit the second trimester, but it’s really up to you and what you’re comfortable with!
  • @jcat1919 I'm the same way, getting nauseous if I'm hungry and don't eat right away. I've never had hunger like this before pregnancy. It goes from "I think I might be hungry", to "I'm going to die if I don't eat immediately", to "I'm going to puke if I try to eat" in a matter of minutes. Crazy.

I think we're holding off on announcing the pregnancy until all the testing comes back okay. So maybe even not til after the anatomy scan. I've had complications, so the high risk dr advised against us announcing. Maybe my bump will announce for us. We've already told a few people: my in-laws, my best friend, my aunt, and my boss (because I was put on bedrest for 2 weeks and couldn't work).