December 2019 Moms

Why my pregnant self is crying...

I hijacked this from another month group- the responses were a mix of sweet/sad and hilarious.  Let’s do it- let us know why you’re crying these days 😭😂!

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying...

• Loading the player...
  • Yesterday I cried because we haven't even started the nursery, and I'm 16 weeks pregnant, and we don't have any tiiiiiiime.... (we have plenty, lol)
  • @rjgmcmanus don't worry we haven't started putting together anything either,  or even buying it or putting together a registry for that matter! 
  • @blueskychicago12 that actually made me LOL and something I could see my husband doing. 

Two yrs ago on 6/29 I saw Adele’s farewell show @ Wembley. I sat and watched my videos I took and cried - bc well, she’s Adele, and hormones, and she writes sad damn songs. 
  • I haven't had anything out of the ordinary this time, but my first pregnancy was right when Ed Sheeran's Shape of You came out and it used to make me cry because in my head I altered the lyrics a bit to be about the baby. "I'm in love with your body/the shape of you" "every day discovering something brand new" "come on be my baby, come on". I mean... 
  • I cried yesterday when i got our confirmation of check in and I got the notification that the elevator lines will be long due to the condo we are staying in being the tallest condo at the beach... WE ARE ON THE TOP FLOOR. I am going to die. Yall check on me next week haha! 
  • Ok all my crying has been either depression or anxiety related which I'm finding horrifyingly hilarious compared to the silly reasons everyone is posting for crying here!  :D
  • @lucylivesinwa Well, I might cry over that now...it hadn't occurred to me yet... 😂
  • Over the weekend my daughter accidentally clocked me in the top of the head while climbing into bed. It hurt my a B but by no means did it deserve the sobbing that ensued from me, and then from my daughter because I was crying... or my husband running in to make sure we were both ok and I didn't need to go to the hospital. I think he's still confused about what happened.

This morning it was over scheduling my daughters 4 year wellness check. I'm not ready for her to be so big! 
  • Omg I am literally LOLing at these! They are so good. I have a list going on my phone notes of things I've cried about....Cried about:
    The Kentucky Derby ??? I guess I was sad for the horses (which I guess is a good one)
    My FIL told me to change wording on the invitation I was designing for my brother's wedding
    The Weather changing
    Castaway w Tom Hanks (also justifiable)
    Masterchef kids
    USA Gymnastics (I literally YouTube'd this to watch some highlights and then cried???)

• @ktmaesim as a former gymnast, total Olympics nerd, and supporter of Under Armour (oh hey Baltimore company and fellow UMD alum) this USA gymnastics campaign gets me choked up (even before prego) - the ending...
  • @anniemarie887 I'm a former gymnast too! wooooo. I love that ad thanks for sending!
  • @ktmaesim omg Castaway gets me every time when Wilson floats away! 
  • I cried because we just ordered delivery.  I got a salad I always get, which is covered in prosciutto. (Which I would normally probably eat while pregnant, but PgaL brain has me a mess.). I didn’t even think to read the ingredients, I just remembered I loved the salad.  

Fortunately, hungry pregnant lady also ordered pizza, buffalo wings and dessert.

this reminds me of when I was pregnant with my first.  Dh and I were watching my nephew, he was about 6 months.  We had a horrible evening, since we had no toys or anything, we had to hold him all evening to entertain him, and it was hard to eat dinner, etc.   I ended up bawling saying we ruined our lives by getting pregnant, and then my nephew started to bawl too.  

• CapricaAndreaCapricaAndrea member
    edited July 2019
    Well now I’m sitting in a parking lot eating a bagel and crying because my sister made a blog post about finding dimes and how they’re apparently a sign of our uncle being around. And she also mentions my grandma’s funeral which I was the only grandkid unable to attend due to the fact that my son was only a week old then. 

That part all kind of makes sense to cry about. What won’t make sense is that I’m going to start balling my eyes out next time I find a dime on the ground! 

(Full Post if anyone is interested: https://mylifeiguess.com/dimes/)
  • Like the gymnasts in our group here, music (voice major) is my thing, so lots of music has been making me cry!  

Like yesterday, we were driving to our 4th of July getaway, and the classic song “American Pie” comes on.  I sang along with the ENTIRE THING (looong song if you haven’t heard it).  When it got to the end, I realized I’d been tearing up for most of it, some from reminiscing about learning the lyrics back in high school with an old best friend that I only see through social media now, and some tears because the song lyrics are mourning the loss of American innocence due to societal changes...🎶❤️😭😂
  • rjgmcmanusrjgmcmanus member
    edited July 2019
    Backstory to why I was crying this morning:

So, we live in a nice suburban neighborhood most of the year. However, some of our neighbors are assholes on national holidays, and don't give a crap about their other neighbors/pets/babies/vets with PTSD, and will shoot off fireworks at all hours of the day. New Year's Eve was our last straw, our poor dog was terrified and had such a hard time, and we decided we needed to send him to the kennel for the 4th of July. Our kennel we use for when we go out of town and can't take him with us is actually pretty swanky, and has "quiet rooms" where the dogs can't hear what's going on outside, and they have soft, soothing music pumped into them. We booked him back in February, that's how fast those rooms book up for these holidays, and we're happy knowing he'll be safe and feeling good tomorrow.

So this morning, I'm getting ready to take him (because there's no drop-off or pick up on the 4th itself), and when I come downstairs, I see my husband sitting on the ground, with my dog's head in his lap, just stroking him gently and saying to him softly, "Don't worry, buddy. Someday we'll live somewhere where we have lots of land for you to roam, where there aren't any neighbors around to set off fireworks and scare you, and where you'll be able to spend every single holiday with us for the rest of your life."

I'm crying again now remembering it. And I miss my dog, even though I just saw him this morning. And my neighbors are jerks.
  • I cried because I feel like crap still (at 18 weeks) and my husband was being really sympathetic and sweet to me. And then because I was listening to a Julie Fowlis ballad and it was beautiful. 
  • I came across a video on Facebook of members from Shinedown singing a cover of Simple Man. I’m a FTM and having a boy. It just hit me so hard! I’m crying right now just thinking about... ahh! 😭😂😭

• Cried last night twice because:

1) Kon Mari-ing the kitchen so we can actually fit baby supplies, discovered the crystal champage glasses my parents were gifted on their 10th anniversary, that my mom then gifted to us on our wedding day, were somehow put in a stupid location where they could've been broken. And surprise, surprise, one was cracked beyond repair.

2) STRANGER THINGS 3. HOLY CRAP.
  • @rjgmcmanus OMG I was bawling my eyes out at the end of Stranger Things!!! 
  • one of my fave blogger/instagram ladies has two precious kiddos and a dog, and their dog died sunday. she wrote a message about how heartbroken she is and how confused her kids are, and i just sat here sobbing because my doggos are 7 and 11 and one day I'm going to have to explain that to a tiny human.
  • @anniemarie887 Oh, God, I hadn't even thought about that yet...we're going to have to do that too. Not looking forward to that day. Especially since we have basically the best boy in the world.

Off to cry in a corner now.
  • @anniemarie887 Good Lord, are you trying to make us all cry?! The day something happens to our three we will all be a wreck. They’re little shits but they’re our hairy kids.
  • @rjgmcmanus @k_mama91 sorrrrrrry. damn hormones. I will say, if you or someone you know loses a pet there is a book called Dog Heaven and it’s wonderful, geared towards kids but good for adults too. 
  • @k_mama91 @rjgmcmanus @anniemarie887  I had Google pop up photos of our doggy who passed away in January (also a shit, but with us for nearly 18 years!) in an album last week, and it made me lose control.  Our DD was born when he was about 10 years old, and she took good care of him.  The last few events that I photographed with him were so sweet, I’m tearing up again right now!  Animals are really tough to lose.  We overlapped adopting our new doggy with his loss, and it was almost like he knew it was okay to finally let go...Ack, stop being sad, pregnant me!!!  

On a funny crying note, DH last night was telling jokes with DD and was making up jokes about Disneyland.  He made up a joke about BB-8 (droid from Star Wars) and said, “Why did BB-8 get kicked out of Businessland...” instead of Disneyland, and cracked himself up to the point he was tearing up.  I didn’t hear him at first, and when he repeated it, we were both crying/laughing.  DD didn’t think it was that funny, but I’m still giggling about it 😂
  • When the latest Avengers movie came out, there is this one battle scene towards the end that has almost all the female superheroes working together and fighting. I was crying hysterically because "Girl Power!" and did not stop crying until the credits started to roll. My husband wouldn't stop laughing at me for the rest of the day.
  • I cried today because the cafeteria at work ran out of grapes and cheese.
    DD#1 - 12/09  
    DD#2 - 7/13  
    Baby #3 due 1/19, m/c 6/18  
    DD#3 due 12/19!

• @anniemarie887 @k_mama91 @cpk3535 Just previewed the Dog Heaven book on Kindle. Good thing the preview ended when it did, I was almost bawling 4 pages in.

Definitely going to need to get this book for later on. It's too precious.
  • Sobbed earlier at Megan Rapinoe's speech in NYC today.  Love her and USWNT!

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

• @anniemarie887 my vet gave me that book when I had to put our dog down.  Which, our current dog is old and sick, so I should dig it out since we have been trying to prepare our children....

i cried because I randomly remembered seeing a picture of a few years ago of a veteran crying at a parade because he was the only one left from his unit.
  • ninrmsninrms member
    We started our birthing class last night (yes, super early, I feel like, but we live in a rural area, and this will be the only class between now and December that I don't have to drive 2 hours to attend!). I cried THREE TIMES during a 10-minute video of a mom's birth story. Holy smokes.
  • It’s the middle of racing season and my husband has been working on his truck after work everyday. We built a house and haven’t added a shop yet so the truck is at my father in laws shop across the county. He hasn’t been home super late, maybe 7-730 and usually I don’t mind when he’s late but I cried last night when he didn’t come home after work. I’m lonely and hungry and idk why that made me cry. I’m the one who cooks so I can eat whenever I want and ds and all the dogs are here.
  • Yesterday's cry: I'm a singer on the worship team at church, and at rehearsal last night, our lead singer for this Sunday wasn't able to make it. So our worship leader asked me to sing the lead on her songs just so we could at least run them--which I had NOT prepared for, since I was scheduled to just do backup singing this week. They were also new songs that I'm still not entirely familiar with, even the backup part.

So I did it. And I was off key and just not coming in at quite the right times. No one said anything, so I'm sure it wasn't as bad as I thought it was in my head, but I basically raced out of there and avoided speaking to anyone when we were done, and cried the whole way home, I was so embarrassed...which is NOT like me. Pre pregnancy, if that had happened, I'd shrug it off and forget about it quickly. I'm an extrovert, and LIKE being on stage. But I'm still mortified and am actually nervous about singing on Sunday....I'm just grateful I don't have to actually sing solo then, that was just for rehearsal. Damn pregnancy hormones.
  • @k_mama91 I’ve had some similar experiences waiting for DH to make it home. I work with him some days, and stay home with DD and doggy on other days.  Honestly with how many ways there are to access people through cell phones and stuff, it makes me panic if I can’t reach him, especially during this pregnancy.  This is our stupid, overly connected world these days!

@rjgmcmanus I’m sorry you were embarrassed having to improvise at your rehearsal.  I’m a singer, too.  You should feel flattered that they asked you to fill in!  I know I’m my own worst critic on this stuff- I’m sure you sounded way better than you think you did ❤️  Go easy on yourself, pregnant mama😊