February 2020 Moms
Options

PG after IF

2»

Re: PG after IF

• Options
    @pirateduck I am so sorry.  Take care of yourself.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• Options
    @pirateduck I am so sorry. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    *lurking* @pirateduck I’m so sorry. I went through the same. I’m over on TTGP and reachable by PM if you need support.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @pirateduck I am so sorry!  <3
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @pirateduck how devastating :disappointed: I wish I had something comforting to say but please accept a big internet stranger hug sister <3
  • Options
    @pirateduck really sorry to hear that. Do whatever you need right now. 

I’m new to this group but really needed this thread tonight. I’m 9 weeks at present following 5 rounds of IUI (3 Chlomid, 2 injects), 1 lap for endo, and TW 1 CP. Getting pregnant after IF really is something else. I’ve been talking about it with my husband and I think it’s partly from having seen things develop so promisingly at times, only to get bad news, and because we’re used to watching follicles develop over time and holding our breath - so pregnancy feels the same in terms of let’s “wait and see.” It’s definitely a unique experience and I find myself kind of marveling at my friends who didn’t have IF who immediately start planning a nursery after a positive HPT. 

Of course, we’re very fortunate and appreciative to even be at this point as I’m sure you all are too. I’d just add that we’re also in shock, disbelief and super anxious lol. I’m wondering when I’ll be able to shift to completely accept that we’re pregnant with a child - I find myself hedging by saying we are pregnant right now, and if this works, etc. At some point I’m going to have to commit more
    emotionally and mentally prepare. 

We are still with the RE, and have gotten US every week which is such a nice relief as you all know. This is the longest I’ve gone without one (2 weeks) because we are currently on vacation. I’m officially impatient and very anxious about getting in in 4 days to check on things. My nausea slightly subsided and I can’t help but read into that and everything else. I’m trying to stay present but it is tough. Also, we traveled to see my in laws and told them about the pregnancy even though it’s early because we don’t get to see them in person often. Their desire to talk about it all the time and the way they keep talking about the baby inside me has been overwhelming given my fears and concerns. I know it’s a life inside me, but somehow I’ve just found the word baby to be overwhelming right now. Anyone able to relate? 

I hope you all are doing well and hanging in given the complicated experience here - although of course a really exciting one that I’m fortunate to experience even this far. Thanks for letting me ramble and rant! 
  • Options
    @optimism3, just wanted to say I feel you. With my DD I started to feel better after each good appt and once I could feel her move it helped. I think I said this above but I still got anxiety around big events like my baby shower. I also felt most at ease when I was hooked up to monitors and could hear her heartbeat 24/7 while I was being induced. I hope it gets easier for you but don’t be surprised if those feelings linger in the back of your head. 
  • Options
    I have my final ultrasound with RE today at 8w1d and am feeling a lot of anxiety that the heartbeat will be gone. H is coming with me thankfully. Ugh, I just need this appt to be done!
  • Options
    @jvk2012 thinking of you today. Hope they take you in quickly and that you immediately see what you want to see. Good that DH is going - always reassures me. Thanks for your note too - that makes total sense to me. 

• Options
    We had a good ultrasound at 8w1d today.  We saw a great heartbeat and baby was measuring exactly as it should.  They detected a very small SCH but my RE didn't feel another ultrasound was necessary unless I have bleeding (since I haven't had any bleeding prior).  I stay on my meds until 10 weeks and they will do a blood test before slowly weaning me off of them so as not to possible cause any bleeding.  
  • Options
    @optimist13 welcome :) I totally know what you mean; we're allowing ourselves to get incrementally more excited with each passing week but are definitely not looking too far in the future just yet.
    @jvk2012 Glad to hear things are looking good! My RE's office has me stop progesterone cold turkey at 8 weeks. I was having spotting because of it anyway so hoping that tapers off. I have a bunch left so if I need to restart I'll be ready but fingers crossed!