Trying to Get Pregnant

Cramps for 10 days: Negative test + late period

A week before my period I started getting period-like cramps so I thought my period was coming early

These cramps lasted 2 full days. Then they completely stopped and no period showed. I googled and thought maybe it was implantation cramping since timing seemed right and we are TTC

Right around the period due date (a week after my first cramps) I started feeling cramps again, and haven’t stopped since (4-5 days now) this time slightly different more like “pulling and tightening” effect and more off to the right. I’ve been pregnant before and this was how it felt when I was in my 1 trimester honestly. And I’m very in-tune w my body. 

I also have sore nipples, bigger breasts and headaches. Which could all be pms symptoms except this many cramps for this many days!!! Not only the week pre period but then again around when my period was due I never get more than 2 days of cramps and it’s never one sided.

However, I’m still getting negative tests.

i don’t know exactly WHEN my period was due so it may be low hormone levels still.

or maybe it’s because I am breastfeeding and it’s making the test be off?

May this point I’m so confused I don’t know why I would have so many cramps if it’s not pregnancy... but why would I get so many negative tests?

please share your thoughts!

Re: Cramps for 10 days: Negative test + late period

• Bishop21 said:
    A week before my period I started getting period-like cramps so I thought my period was coming early

These cramps lasted 2 full days. Then they completely stopped and no period showed. I googled and thought maybe it was implantation cramping since timing seemed right and we are TTC

Right around the period due date (a week after my first cramps) I started feeling cramps again, and haven’t stopped since (4-5 days now) this time slightly different more like “pulling and tightening” effect and more off to the right. I’ve been pregnant before and this was how it felt when I was in my 1 trimester honestly. And I’m very in-tune w my body. 

I also have sore nipples, bigger breasts and headaches. Which could all be pms symptoms except this many cramps for this many days!!! Not only the week pre period but then again around when my period was due I never get more than 2 days of cramps and it’s never one sided.

i don’t know exactly WHEN my period was due so it may be low hormone levels still.

May this point I’m so confused I don’t know why I would have so many cramps if it’s not pregnancy... but why would I get so many negative tests?

Sounds like ovulation to me. First, read the newbie guide here. Then check out the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. You can learn a lot from the ladies here by reading the threads. No need to create your own or to update us unless you plan on sticking around and getting to know everyone, which I hope you do. Good luck.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited July 2019
    Bishop21 said:

QFP 

it is against the TOU to ask if you’re pregnant. The only things that can tell you are a pregnancy test or a doctor. If you’re pregnant enough for symptoms, you’re pregnant enough to get a +HPT.

ETA if you aren’t in fact pregnant, please read the rules of this board and feel free to introduce yourself and start participating. 
  • Loading the player...
  • If that was ovulation (which I’ve never had cramps during ovulation in 15 years I only have cramps pre period) and why would i have 4-5 days of cramps NOW? I don’t get it. 
  • That’s the most absurd thing I’ve heard. I had symptoms since week 3 with my girl and of course didn’t get a + until last my missed period.
  • I think I would know the difference between gas and cramps. ridiculous.