Trying to Get Pregnant

Benched / TTA - July 2019

NYTino24NYTino24 member
edited June 2019 in Trying to Get Pregnant
***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer- even if it is for a good reason.  Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say, and treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and are "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________ 
Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going? 

Any R/R/CS? 

GTKY:  What activity is your biggest time waster?
It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: Benched / TTA - July 2019

• Figured I’d make this monthly for now and get it started early.

Are you benched or TTA? benched

What brings you here? Miscarriage 

How long do you think you'll be here? Depends on a few factors. NP recommended waiting a cycle before TTGP for dating purposes, but I track ovulation with OPKs and BBT, so I’m not worried about that. I’m waiting to hear back about my rescheduled RE appointment. I also should address my biopsy results, so I need to ask the OB what they want to do when I get my HCG results and see what the repeat ultrasound looks like. Age wise and work timing wise added with it taking 6 months of trying and waiting 12 months to get my cycle back, I don’t really want to wait. 

How have things been going? doing okay, but I also don’t hide my MC. I went public last time and may do so again this time. 

Any R/R/CS? nope, not yet

GTKY:  What activity is your biggest time waster? anything phone related
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Are you benched or TTA? benched 

What brings you here? miscarriage 

How long do you think you'll be here? I’m hoping only until late July/Early August. But it really depends on when I get my first AF post loss. 
    My MC diagnosis and D&C was 2 weeks ago yet I still seem to be having complications. I go back to my RE on Monday and will hopefully have some more answers. Also waiting on the fetal tissue results, my genetic results and for HCG to hit zero. And possibly some other RPL testing before further treatment. But my goal right now is to hopefully pursue IVF as soon as I’m cleared. 

How have things been going? Not good. I just want to move on already. And I feel stuck right now. 

Any R/R/CS? nope

GTKY:  What activity is your biggest time waster? definitely playing on my phone. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Loading the player...
  • @NYTino24 Thanks for starting this. I hope your time on the bench is short.

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• m6aguam6agua member
    @NYTino24 & @hanshotfirst77 I'm sorry for your losses. :'(

Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? I'm on a treatment to get my gut micro biome back to normal. Too few good bacteria and too much bad bacteria. One of the herbs cannot be taken while pregnant.

How long do you think you'll be here? 6-8 weeks, so through August at least. Probably will be able to try with my September cycle.

How have things been going? Fine, I've been off birth control since 2015 and have just been using FF for TTC & TTA. Last year I was on a testosterone cream and we had to use condoms per the doctors orders, I guess birth defects could be a huge factor. I went off the HRT/condoms this year when we started to try again. Now we are back to using condoms. All that to say... I hate condoms.

Any R/R/CS? We are going to get fireworks tonight in preparation for our big show next weekend. I am so excited. We usually take about 2-3 hours in the store picking everything out. This year everyones budget is less, but it will still be way more than the average person. Also my birthday is tomorrow!

GTKY:  What activity is your biggest time waster? I agree with the phone. But I want to also say cooking. While it is for something good, since I started a eating cleaner and now super restricted diet, cooking just takes up so much of my time.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @hanshotfirst77 I hope your appointment gets you some answers. Being stuck in limbo is a terrible feeling. 
    @m6agua I think the reason I don’t really like cooking is the amount of time it takes when you actually do things from scratch, but I wouldn’t say it’s a waste if you enjoy it and it helps you. Hope you have an awesome fireworks display!

• @NYTino24 thanks for starting this! I had had no idea that this used to be a thing around here. I also hadn’t realized that you had created threads back in the day; you’re like a bump celebrity. Anyway, I’m so sorry to see you back here. ❤️ I admire your being frank and open about your experiences IRL. It can’t be easy, but nothing about your experience seems easy. I hope being upfront about it allows ppl to better support you, and I hope you get answers soon! While I appreciate you on this thread, I truly want you to get on out of here ASAP, you know, in a good way. Btw, are you totally off from school this summer?

@hanshotfirst77 hi, we haven’t interacted much if at all, but I did follow a bunch of your posts from your last time here, and I am so sorry to see you back. And geez, all the complications, too? I’m so sorry. There’s nothing helpful I can think of to say, but I’m really hoping you get some clear answers and get cleared soon. Here’s one more person rooting for you!

@m6agua hey, I had meant to reach out to you when I saw you post about needing to be benched, but clearly I didn’t, so I’m glad nytino provided me with this opportunity. I’ll be here about the same length of time as you, so you aren’t alone! Lol about the condoms. I don’t mind them, but I know a lot of ppl do. And that’s  exciting about all your fireworks! Do you have a big group of ppl coming together for the 4th? I think a bunch of fireworks just became legal in pa, so I’m a little tempted to have a look-see at what we could set off ourselves this year.

Are you benched or TTA? Benched.

What brings you here? Short answer: Meds. Long answer: In May I went through testing and discovered that I had no chance of getting pregnant because of a blocked tube and adhesions holding my other tube hostage (far from my ovary.) While fixing things up, dr discovered that I have endometriosis, so now I’m on orilissa to calm down everything. 

How long do you think you'll be here? I’ve got 6 more weeks of orilissa and then another week where I’m supposed to avoid. I have no idea where I’ll be in a cycle at that point, but hopefully it’ll just be a fresh start with a “normal” cycle so hubby and I can hit the ground running. I keep telling myself that we’ll have a May baby, but that’s only if I’m a magical unicorn. Sigh. That whole year of trying was a waste.

How have things been going? not great. I HAD been doing really well. At the start, it was looking like I might not ever be able to get pregnant, but the surgery and meds gave me hope, so I was happy to know that that door maybe isn’t shut. I was working on stripping the front door and sanding it down. (Took a mini break, and am finishing it in the next week or so.) I dug up a bunch of roots, evened out the yard where a bunch of bushes had been removed, and planted grass seed. Recently, I’ve been trying to deal with a bunch of mental health stuff that’s been on the back burner since I didn’t want to stress myself out while ttc. I’m ready to deal with it now, which is huge, but now I can’t find a therapist. I’ve looked through the psychology today website and a couple sites for local practices, and reached out a bunch, but I can’t find anyone who seems like a good fit who has availability. I’m trying to figure out if I should just shove it all down again, see a therapist who might not be a good match, or keep looking and maybe find someone who’s just far away. Trying not to get sucked into feeling hopeless.

Any R/R/CS? See above.

GTKY:  What activity is your biggest time waster? Looking up cheap flights or trying to plan vacations that I never pull the trigger on. Or TB. Or looking on amazon for a birthday present for my husband. Ive been extra indecisive/noncommittal lately. Lol, I can’t even pick one word. 🤦🏽‍♀️
  • @begging4abump Thanks, lady! I think we all wanna be outta here ASAP! Sorry I didn’t see your message sooner. Anxiety plus long threads on TB = overwhelmed... add in the whole stuff I’ve put off for 10 months during the school year and I just wanna crawl in a hole! Did you finish the door or book a vacation? Maybe we can motivate each other!

• @NYTino24 I hope the feeling of being overwhelmed starts lessening! When do you get your bw results? Do you know how long you are benched at this point? I hope if you do end up waiting until August that taking a break can bring some peace. I keep switching back and forth between being content to at least know my status right now and toying with the idea of taking myself off these meds so I can get back to trying.

And I’m still working on this door. I keep finding little nooks and groves that need a bit more sanding to look cleaner. It’s getting there. I got new hinges and some polyurethane for it today, so hopefully we’ll have a front door again in a week or two if the rain lets me get in some work time.
  • @BusinessWife I agree that no matter how long this journey seems to be, it always stings when something doesn't go how we had hoped it to.  I hope your OB comes around a bit and eases up on the waiting time!

Are you benched or TTA? benched

What brings you here? I'm on Norethindrone while I wait to get my hysteroscopy and discuss IVF

How long do you think you'll be here? I'm not sure... my surgery is on July 19th so at least until then

How have things been going?  they've been a bit of a roller coaster but I think (or maybe hope) that these 10 days leading up to the surgery will be relaxing since I won't even be able to speculate about being pregnant or have to try anything to get pregnant.

Any R/R/CS?  I've just been doing as much IVF research as I can to be able to have a good, comprehensive discussion with my doctor at my pre-op appointment on the 16th.  I'll be able to feel better being able to talk with her and not just getting talked at.

GTKY:  What activity is your biggest time waster?  Usually, looking at "Today's Deals" on Amazon or like @begging4abump planning vacations that will never happen.
    Lately, basically I use my down time to Google and watch YouTube videos about IVF because I'm a crazy person!
  • @BusinessWife the waiting never gets easier. No matter how used to it we think we maybe should feel. I still have hope that maybe the OB will allow you to transfer closer to your timeline than end of the year/2020 but I know how much it sucks to think one thing and have the rug pulled from underneath you so hugs <3

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• m6aguam6agua member
    @BusinessWife I am sorry that you go here now for a bit. I'm still trying to catch up on the other threads since I was out of town for the holiday so I don't quite know your details yet. Anyways, I hope it is a short stay for you.

@mokay19 I hope you are able to relax a bit more before your surgery and that everything goes well! I am just like you and I go down the research rabbit hole. I've been listening to podcast, watching YouTube videos, and reading a ton of articles trying to figure out my health stuff.

@NYTino24 I hope everything goes well with your appointment on Thursday and you can be officially off the bench.

@begging4abump We usually have a big group of people getting together for the 4th, but this year was a bit less. It was still about 20-25 people all weekend and probably about 35+ for the show. I'm sorry about everything that has been going on with you. I hope the orilissa helps and you can get to business right away when it is done! Were you able to find a therapist yet? Have you looked through you or YH EAP at all yet?

@hanshotfirst77 How is everything going with you? I hope you aren't feeling so stuck anymore.

AFM, sorry I've been MIA lately. We had our big gathering last weekend, so between that and being short staffed at work last week it has been a bit crazy. Our fireworks show was great this year! The house is on the water in a little U shaped road (cul de sac-ish). There aren't a whole lot of houses around, but I guess someone new moved in recently and called the cops on us at like 10:15pm. The show ended at 10:30pm. The sheriff showed up and said the show looked cool on her drive in, we were done and not lighting off any more so nothing happened. I think the cops were only called one other time for our show and that was like 20 years ago.

I'm expecting AF sometime within the next 3 days, I think I will have 2 more cycles before we will be able to think about coming off the bench in September. I've been taking my supplements and herbs to help with my gut, but with the crazy week/weekend I missed a few doses. I also went off on my inflammatory diet. I'm going grocery shopping today and I hope to get back in the groove quickly.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua I'm glad to hear that the cops didn't really ruin your party. And I hope these next 2 cycles breeze by for you.

Thanks for asking about me. I am doing okay. *TW* I think I am finally at the end of this MC.*/TW* I go back tomorrow for more bloodwork to track my hcg down. If it is under 100 I can start BC for 3 weeks to calm my uterus down and then schedule a Saline Sono and if that is good, some more BC in preparation for IVF. On one hand it feels good to have a plan and I am excited about IVF. On the other it sucks to still be waiting, and more waiting. But it looks like we will be benched around the same amount of time. My rough calculation put an egg retrieval somewhere in September. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @hanshotfirst77 I hope your bloodwork comes back at 0 tomorrow. The waiting sucks, but it sounds like you have a good plan to keep you busy and on track. 

@m6agua It’s so hard to stick to the diets because they’re so restrictive! I’m glad your event worked out. Hopefully the neighbors will chill out and join in or at least ignore it next year!

• @m6agua. Fx a good trip to the store helps you get back on track!

AFM, I just left the midwife with a couple nutritional/ weightloss referrals, so maybe that will give me something to focus on and feel like I'm, "doing," something, besides just waiting.
  • @BusinessWife I've been working on just being healthier while we're at this stand-still.  I feel good, but I also want to drink all the wine while eating pizza haha.  It's helped me keep my mind focused on something else though... and something positive.  Good luck with your referrals! 
  • Hello, I just re-introed today. Are you benched or TTA? Benched What brings you here? Miscarriage How long do you think you'll be here? Unknown How have things been going? Shitty (sorry to be blunt) Any R/R/CS? I won’t leave the details here, but they are in my intro if you want to read them. Right now I’m just in limbo, as nothing has technically started yet, but I have an appointment to speak with a new obgyn on Friday about my recurrent losses. I already know a few things I want to ask about, mainly thyroid issues, but any thing you can suggest would be great. GTKY: What activity is your biggest time waster? I watch way to much TV. I’m not a reader, but I love TV. @NYTino24 I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow! And Yay for not getting off the bench. I hope so hard you have your second rainbow soon. @hanshotfirst77 I hope your betas we’re back to 0 today! Being in MC limbo sucks. @mokay19 I hope your time before surgery is relaxing for you. @BusinessWife I don’t think any of this ever gets easier. I’m sorry you have to wait longer for your transfer. @begging4abump I love to plan vacations I can’t afford. I love Disney, and when we don’t have one on the books, I plan super elaborate ones. It’s always a poor decision. @m6agua I agree that cooking takes way to much time. I like to bake, but I hate the time and mess.
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @littlebug2010 so sorry to see you back here. Glad you have an OB appt soon so you can discuss 
  • @littlebug2010 I’m so sorry you’re going through another loss. MC limbo does suck! I hope you can do some testing and get back to TTC soon. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @NYTino24 GL with your appointment today!

@BusinessWife Waiting is so hard; I’m sorry your timeline has shifted. I wasn’t expecting to be sidelined either. The best I could figure out was to focus on what I do have and to try to take on some tasks that were nesting-type things that I probably wouldn’t do if I were pregnant. Having physical jobs with clear accomplishments definitely helps me. For some reason the dieting focus just gets me more angry/annoyed at my situation. I don’t want to punish myself more I guess? Ha, do what works for you! Hugs!

@mokay19  should I not be drinking all the wine? Lol, but I did hit it a little too hard in the beginning of this benched process since I saw it as my consolation prize. Good for you for using this time to be healthy.

@m6agua That is quite an event! Lol about the cops being called. I’ve become quite a cranky old woman, and I did whine about fireworks that were going off after 10, especially on days NOT 7-4, but I doubt I’d ever call the cops about it. I hope you’re able to get everything back on track soon! It’s always tricky making those adjustments at first. And thanks for asking—I managed to make an appointment for Saturday with a therapist, but I have no idea what she’ll be like. Everyone whose online profile seemed good wasn’t accepting new patients, so I was assigned the new one to the practice, and her info isn’t up yet. 😬

@littlebug2010 So sorry for your losses and your being in limbo. I really hope tomorrow’s appointment brings some new hope. ❤️
  • m6aguam6agua member
    @hanshotfirst77 I get having all the different emotions at the same time about everything. I'm glad your HCG has gone down enough to get started prepping for BC.

@littlebug2010 I'm sorry for your loss. Limbo is the worst. I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow. I have been navigating a thyroid issue for almost 3 years now and have become well versed in all things thyroid. If you have any questions feel free to ask! One thing of note, most doctors will only test TSH & maybe FT4 when you ask about thyroid issues. That is an incomplete blood work panel and you cannot get a full picture of your thyroid function just on that.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua thanks. I’m sure I’ll be back with questions. I only suspect there might be something there with my thyroid because I have some weight issues, and I know my mom has a thyroid issue and it was discovered when she tried to have my sister. 

@begging4abump, @hanshotfirst77, and @mokay19. Thanks. I hate that I’m back, but to be comply transparent I’m technically still KU now. I went to the ER last night because the Dr suspected ectopic and forced me
    to go in. But because I had zero symptoms it was a 7 hour ordeal, and I was right, that it’s not ectopic.  I’m going to see the new dr tomorrow and I will be talking next steps. I’m pretty sure it’s not viable, but who knows. I appreciate all the support and I’m sure I’ll be back with tons of questions. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • m6aguam6agua member
    @littlebug2010 If you are really thinking thyroid, I'm guessing you have other symptoms that you aren't connecting the dots with. There is such a wide range of symptoms but for me they included: really bad PMS anger, depression, anxiety, hair loss, coarse brittle nails, fatigue, constipation, slow metabolism, weight gain, inability to lose weight, slow thinking, slow reflexes, couldn't do math (I was really good before), sweet cravings, cold hands and feet, muscle soreness, bad memory, dry skin, and more. Anyways, I hope you are able to get some answers or at least a path to start on tomorrow.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua I  definitely have a fair amount of those things. Specifically the weight related ones and the cold hands/feet. The slow thinking makes sense as well. I’m not trying to self diagnose. But I know based on my mother that it’s totally possible. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • @littlebug2010 sorry the ER was such an ordeal. Did they not give you any information while there? Like an internal ultrasound and more bloodwork? Hopefully the doctor can get you out of this limbo one way or another :/ 
  • @mokay19 I had an ultrasound and they were able to tell me what they saw, but it felt like false hope. My HCG went down from Monday to Wednesday, but the person (I can’t remember who they were, due to the time 12:30 am) I spoke with was like well we can do a repeat US in 11 days and see if anything is there. Well I’ll be on vacation in 11 days. I really think it’s over and just want to get everything taken care of. I’m hoping the appointment tomorrow will give me a more solid answer and then we can talk about testing and moving forward. This is too hard to keep living in limbo. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • @littlebug2010 I am so sorry for your loss. <3 It makes complete sense to need for this to all be over for mental health reasons. Good luck tomorrow and please keep us posted on how you are feeling.
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • @begging4abump Good luck with the therapist! Do you know what her credentials are? A therapist recommended my current therapist who has a license in social work, but no other credentials. Turns out she is a mother of 4 boys and a kind person and responds to my emails right away. She has been a lifeline for me for 3 years. I am really wishing good luck to you. Therapy is the ultimate self-care IMO! <3<3 
    <3         <3 
  • @BusinessWife Awesome! Keep us posted on how the nutrition/weightloss recommendations go. 
    <3         <3 
  • begging4abumpbegging4abump member
    edited July 2019
    @bobbyflies2020 thank you! I’m so nervous, so that really helps! And I’m so glad you’ve got your appointments all set for next week already! I’m glad you got some answers, and I hope those solutions follow quickly! ETA: I’m not entirely sure. I think just lpc. extra schooling isn’t a must for me, but I just don’t know anything about her, so we’ll see!
  • @littlebug2010 <3 This just really sucks.

• NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited July 2019
    I’m off the bench and took some crap for it from the NP who I saw today. First the regular nurse asked for a urine sample, which I thought was weird and then she went through a few things on my chart and I had to tell her that this was not in fact, my “first” pregnancy appointment at 9 weeks like it was supposed to be since I miscarried two weeks ago. She apologized a few times. The NP nonchalantly asked if we were abstaining or protecting against pregnancy and I said, “No, and I feel comfortable with that decision. My HCG was 120 a week ago and I’m pretty sure I’m going to ovulate today or tomorrow. I’ve been tracking ovulation for four years and I’m very confident that I would be able to date a pregnancy. With my age and difficulties getting and staying pregnant, we felt that it was the right choice.” She gave me a hard time until she saw I was right. Her response was, “Well you have a nice, thick lining that is consistent with ovulation based on your cervical mucous.” I have had middleschmerz on my right (“lucky”) side and feel like I finally know my body. Sooo I felt good that my body is gearing up to O on time, but it was hard to see “midcycle endo...empty uterus” on the ultrasound and having to be “happy” about it and

*TW pregnancy / LO mentioned*

I saw no less than 20 pregnant women between the OB and pediatrician, including one of my good HS friends, who is now more of an acquaintance and is also due in November like my neighbor. I wanted another November baby like my son, so that as tough. 

I hope everyone gets off the bench soon!

• @NYTino24 I’m glad the appointment ended well. Huge TP to that nurse though. I hate it so much when people don’t take a second to read the chart. The number of times I’ve had to tell people what’s going on with me right now is ridiculous. FX so hard for you this month! 
    IVF started Feb 2020