Trying to Get Pregnant

Healthy Habits Check-in w/o 7/8

Check in here if you're working on diet/fitness/any other healthy habit! 

What healthy habit/s are you working on?

How's everything going?

What’s a “small win” you have from last week?

GTKY: See Spoiler! Remember: ONLY ONE.

Re: Healthy Habits Check-in w/o 7/8

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks @whitealbum29! Working out on vacation is SUPER impressive. I brought my running shoes on my last trip and didn't make it out, womp womp. Also holy crap laps!!!!! So awesome!
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• What healthy habit/s are you working on? The usual..?!?! hahaha Exercising, TRYING to get rest, trying to cut out alcohol during the week (we really like wine), and I think we are starting Keto this week...?  

DH really wants to lose a decent amount of weight, I could afford to lose a few pounds but nothing crazy so this keto diet would mostly be for DH.  I'm just a firm believe that if MH is going to eat a certain way than I should too, since I don't want to prepare two meals a night!  I know it's low to no carbs and sugars but any suggestions or hints or words of the wise?  I am so new to this one, so any good snack recommendations would be really helpful as well!

How's everything going? I'll let you know haha

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I made healthy eating choices all week!

GTKY: See Spoiler! Remember: ONLY ONE.  Why is the Choco-Taco missing?!?! That's the one I would pick haha  I guess if I can't pick the choco-taco then I would go with number 15

@mvt2003 I love strength training, but I've recently fallen off the wagon with it and need to get myself back in check!

@whitealbum29 I've fallen off a bit too due to traveling! Why is it so hard when you are away from your home life?!

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @mvt2003 - thanks! Haha it wasn't a huge pool but I was panting afterwards like I had just done an Olympic swim. :D My friends were like, k very impressive, can you knock it off and start drinking and eating junk food with us now? (I did.)
    @kpearse99 - great about the good eating choices!
  • What healthy habit/s are you working on? Working on getting to the gym more and lessening my soda intake.

How's everything going? Decent

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Made it to the gym 3 times which is pretty good with the schedule I have

GTKY: See Spoiler! Remember: ONLY ONE   5!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited July 2019
    @mvt2003 I’m still very impressed by your 10k!

@whitealbum29 wow, great job working out on vacation! I tried to take walks while I was in Florida but I just got so swampy / chafe-y I couldn’t do it anymore lol. Swimming is so much harder than people think!

@kpearse99 I’ve never tried Keto (I would die without fruit and oatmeal!) but DH’s aunt is currently doing it and made these amazing mini cheesecakes for the 4th. I have a pic of the recipe if you’re interested! As for low carb / higher fat snacks... almond/peanut butter (when I did whole30 I would just eat that Justin’s almond butter from the single serve packet), nuts, cheese sticks, hard boiled eggs, avocado with everything but the bagel seasoning from Trader Joe’s. Mmmmm. 

@Kathryn0903 good job on making it to the gym 3x!

@kagesstarshroom barf, it’s even hotter there than it is here! Today isn’t too bad but yesterday I walked the dog and thought we were both going to die. I seriously hate summer with a passion. That’s great about the yoga, just try to do one more this week! 

What healthy habit/s are you working on? Eating healthier, not drinking during the week, drinking more water, going to the gym more than 2-3x a week

How's everything going? Let’s just ignore the fact I just ate a Rice Krispie treat from the vending machine. I ate really well all last week but then the weekend struck and I’m still trying to convince myself to give up the delicious unhealthy food  

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I forced myself to go to the gym twice even though I REALLY didn’t want to, which means I went 4x last week! This is big for me !

GTKY: 6 ❤️🍪 there’s pretty much no #2 for me here. Cookie sandwich or bust. 

Edited- punctuation

• Thanks @b_1029 I still can't quite believe I finished, and wasn't in last place! (Also, now I REALLY want a rice krispie treat lol!) 

• @jennifer_louise lolol yes, it is FOR SURE free hot yoga at my house this summer. we have ac units in every room & i usually start off being like "i don't need the AC on," but then, inevitably at some point, I reach over and turn it on bc whew. but even then, like i said. it's still like 80 degrees in that room at best. We got it down to 79 last night, which was an achievement. (that AC unit actually tells you that the temp is in the room--the others do not.) /// I think an A+ on exercise and C+ on food choices = a B+, which is pretty good!!!
  • @jennifer_louise Thanks!! I'm taking a small break from races for the rest of the summer (as of right now, I'll probably see one that looks cool and sign up for it bc I am a glutton for punishment lol). But my fall is literally filling up with races! I have 3 in September, 3 in October, and at least 1 in November so far! They're all 5ks though, unless I bump one of the September ones up to 10k. I don't want to commit to a half while I'm actively TTC, so that limits me a bit. Also, I LOVE a good Zumba class, one of my friends has a good instructor and she's trying to get me to come to class, maybe I'll join you on the Zumba train!

• @jennifer_louise Yes, I couldn't believe how much energy it took! I felt so out of shape and was like "seriously, I get exercise, I haven't been sitting on a couch nonstop for a year!" That's how it felt haha. Barre is great! I feel like the classes tend to go by fast, especially if they play good music. I've heard it's a great complement to yoga!
  • @BusinessWife dang girl!!! Thank you for all the great ideas!! I do already swap a lot of carb items (pastas and breads and rice) with vegetables (cauliflower rice is awesome, we do lettuce wraps for turkey burgers or turkey tacos a lot and love zoodles!!) so thank you for the other awesome suggestions!

@ruby696 and @kagesstarshroom I’ll certainly keep you updated as to how it’s going! And @ruby696 I loved reading your update!! You’re doing amazing things, you should be so proud!! 

@jennifer_louise I figured it would be better and easier for DH and I to follow the same eating habits, that way i don’t have to cook two dinners or do twice the amount of food shopping!  It’s so great your did so well with the exercise routines last week. I wish I could hike but I would freak out from bugs and other nature things haha
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• How is everyone's week continuing? I'm feeling ok about my healthy habits so far - I've had a salad for lunch every day this week, and I have a work lunch tomorrow BUT I've already ordered a grilled chicken sandwich, so I'm feeling pretty good about that choice! 

• m6aguam6agua member

@ruby696 I'm glad you are loving Yoga! I tried it once a long time ago and could not shut off my brain. I think I need to give it another try as I'm much better at not constantly thinking of everything I need to do.

@jennifer_louise That is awesome that you got in some hikes and Zumba! I really miss going to Zumba.

@businesswife I'm glad the food logging seems to be helping! I've been trying to keep a food journal, mainly for the purpose of tracking minor symptoms and trying to figure out what foods trigger them. I am so bad at it though.

@b_1029 It is so hard to give up all of the treats, especially on the weekend. I've been trying to have healthier options for myself so I don't go off the rails. Last week I made some flourless avocado brownies that were sweetened with dates. So good.

@kpearse99 I've been wanting to try Keto. Have you started it yet? Snacks could be nut butters, smoked salmon, cheese, meat sticks, nuts & seeds. I've been thinking about trying Keto, I'm pretty sure a lot of my meals fall into a keto template, but I know not all of them do. I am also the cook in my house and I am just now figuring out how to make meals that I can add options for the both of us. Last night I made burgers and roasted carrots. DH ate it with a GF bun, cows cheese, ketchup and mustard. I ate mine on a portabella mushroom with bibb lettuce, goats cheese and homemade ranch. Also, I loved Chaco-Tacos! My dad worked for a freezer warehouse and would bring boxes home when I was a kid.

@whitealbum29 I'm glad you made it to barre and had a good time!

@mvt2003 Awesome job with the 10k! I really need to add in some strength training and just general exercise. It is so hard to do all the things at once.

What healthy habit/s are you working on? Getting back into my anti-inflammatory diet.

How's everything going? Pretty well now that I got some groceries in my house. I went a bit off over the holiday. I am pretty sure I need to restart my count down on it. There are certain foods I have to avoid for 6 months, some for 3 months, some I can have occasionally and several that are fine to eat any time. I ended up having a couple 6 & 3 month things and I was about a month in, so I think I need to start over now.

What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I successfully skipped my birthday cake at our weekend 4th celebration, which is a dairy queen ice cream cake. I cannot do cows milk.

GTKY: See Spoiler! Remember: ONLY ONE. #12

TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @m6agua I have a hard time shutting my brain off too, but I think that will be easier when I get better at the poses and breathing. And +1 to needing to prepare food at home. It's just so much easier than going out.
  • I find it hard to get back into logging too @m6agua. At times, just impossible.  For a long time I didn't (after breaking a ridiculous streak) so now I'm glad to be back 14+ days!  For me, it's mostly a constant struggle against perfectionism.  Like I have to keep telling myself, just log it!  Even if I'm over, just log it!  Even if I didn't weigh it, just log something anyway!  I used to be crazy particular with it, and now I am logging like a hot mess by my old standards, but it's still working!  It doesn't have to be perfect to be good enough with this type if thing, kwim? 

In fact, recently I set my calories extra low, just to give myself permission to go over in a way, and like hey, it's nbd.  In the interest of logging everything no matter what, even if it was just one piece of candy, or gum, or even the black coffee, the iced tea etc. Instead of trying to play game with the numbers just to, "stay under," which is easy for me to fall into.  For me what has worked in the past is just being rigorously honest with it, and letting the chips fall where they may...  mmmm chips... lol j/k

Not sure how much sense that made, or if that is even your issue tho.

What makes it difficult for you to get consistent with it lately?
  • @m6agua Sorry I'm just responding now, I've been MIA for most of last week because I was on vacay with the fam!  We just eased into Keto this past week and so far it's been great, even while being on vaca and eating out.  DH is way better at discipline than I am, but it helps that I have already been cooking low-carb meals for the last few months anyway.  It's just the snacks and drinks we really need to do better at cutting out.  I'll keep you posted on how it goes!
    Our TTC Journey