Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS 7/8

13»

Re: TFAS 7/8

• @newmomtx06 I have not figured out a way to get notified on mobile. It’s kind of difficult to use, but I have no other option most of the time. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @newmomtx06 Unfortunately, no.  TB app is AWFUL!
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Loading the player...
  • @mercury94 @shamrocandroll frustrating. I don’t have another option either. I’ll just try to make sure I check the convo! Thanks. 
  • I was feeling so optimistic today and hoping to have good news about having an empty ute at my OB appointment on Thursday and then I showed up to our lake to meet my friend and her sons.
    *TW pregnancy / loss mentioned*
    She was obviously pregnant and hadn’t said anything the last FIVE months. We’ve talked weekly, including about my struggles to get and stay pregnant although not solely about that, and she didn’t even come out and say it when I saw her in person today. In fact, she acted like I knew and made some comments about FMLA and two in daycare. Apparently I didn’t notice any belly two weeks ago...  I put two and two together when her friend made a different comment. She left to go to the bathroom and came back and talked some more and it was so awkward because I had to acknowledge it. At first, she said, “Oh, didn’t I tell you?!” and then a couple of minutes later she was like, “Well, I didn’t want to say anything until we told (older son) since he had a hard time with (younger son) and then he noticed my stomach and asked. Plus I knew about what you were going through.” I mean personally, it would have been nice to have more time to get used to the idea... but not my life or decisions. I’m really happy for her, especially since she had a loss when they thought they were done... but it was a punch to the gut. 

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 Ugh, I'm sorry you were blindsided like that.  But also I'd like to hope she was trying to preserve your feelings by not telling you.  But really awkward to just try to ignore it like that!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll I texted her to tell her congrats again and to again offer to let her borrow some baby stuff since they thought they were done and had gotten rid of it. She texted me at the same time I hit send and apologized, saying basically what I had thought. She deserves to be happy and supported, so I don’t want her feeling bad for me. It’s hard, but other people getting their babies has nothing to do with my chances. I can feel a bit jealous and acknowledge it within myself, but my struggles are mine and I don’t want to make anyone else suffer just because I am. I’m grateful for the things and people I have in life, including her as a friend. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @newmomtx06 I sooooo wish you could get TB notification on your phone!  The app is embarrassing for TB haha

@NYTino24 I'm so sorry for that encounter.  That's a strange way to go about it by your friend.  Obviously, you're happy for a close friend, but you still want to be able to process the news in your own way and not at a meeting with other people around. Hugs to you!
  • @NYTino24 i'm so sorry! Last time we really tried to be cognizant of those we knew were struggling. We told a couple before we told our family just to give them some privacy and time with the news. I don't even know if that was the right thing to do. 

TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @puppylove8910 thanks for the PM!! (I’m on mobile for the next few days so I won’t be able to check it until I can get on my laptop... it’s so dumb you can’t check your PM from the mobile app! But I’ll get back to you soon!) also, such amazing news on potty training!!! Don’t worry about night training yet!! That will happen! 
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 You can check PM on mobile. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @bows22 and @flinstone-2 I’m so sorry for the BFN ladies :( DH is always so more optimistic here too... he yelled at me the other week for being so negative haha 🤷🏻‍♀️ It sucks being the woman when you’re TTC!

@whatsbumpinpumpkin such great news on potty training!!! And I’m so jealous of the Disney trip!! 

@mercury94 I feel like I’m getting to that point of not wanting to test until I’m like two days late. All of this really really sucks! It hurts so much every month to see those negatives, the kind of hurt that really makes your heart ache. And no matter how we try to dress it up and look for the good in it all... it still really stings. I can’t imagine going through all of this without you ladies. ♥️♥️♥️
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @bows22 It took two night of battle to get him to sleep in his room again, but on the third night he was fine! The first night he just kept fussing for "Mommy bed!" the second night, he went down in his room fine, but fell out of bed FOUR times. Two before I pulled him in with me, and twice after.  

@newmomtx06 Seriously? omg. eyerolling so hard for you.  It sounds like he was just clueless.

• My parents have a condo  we stayed at and my son is only two, so we just did one day at the magic kingdom.  It kinda stunk we couldn't go to the beaches really because of all the crazy bacteria - I didn't want to take the chance!!!
    @puppylow8910 we are in the potty training war too. I sent him to daycare in a pull up, he screamed at me "NO! MY DIAPY!" 
    @NYTino24 That's hard. Not an easy situation for anyone. It sounds like she might have been trying to be kind, and just kinda... missed. 
    @tyrion_ @millpe The west coast is where my parents are! about an hour south of Tampa, in Port Charlotte. 

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin We just got back from Fort Myers Beach last night. I live in Orlando and we frequent Disney. But can you share more
    about this bacteria?! Am I dying now?! 
  • bows22bows22 member
    @NYTino24 ugh I am so sorry for the blindside. That’s so awkward. But I’m glad you guys seemed to work it out. 

@whatsbumpinpumpkin oh that’s so encouraging that there wasn’t any long term damage done! we are planning to use the pack & play on vaca but am only moderately optimistic about its success. 

@kpearse99 I’m so glad your HSG went so well! I love “there are more ways to win”!
  • @kpearse99 Sounds like you’ve got a good doctor there. A lot of them need better bedside manner, especially in OBGYN!
    @whatsbumpinpumpkin Have you tried the pool noodle trick?

• millpemillpe member
    @tyrion_ and @whatsbumpinpumpkin We will be in Naples, so also west coast! I've seen a little in the news about the bacteria, but I think we are still going to the beach as long as no one has open sores! Just going to make sure we stay out of any stagnant water, if possible. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • edited July 2019
    @tyrion_ No, we didn't call anyone to come out.  The place where it backed up is right by the main drain pipe, so we were able to check it and make sure it was totally clear ourselves (which, it was).  So it was just that I did so much laundry and had extra people flushing the toilets that it flooded the septic tank a little bit and backed up.  It's all good now.  And thank you!  I hope we have some good luck coming our way soon!

*Edited typo
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @tyrion_ yay for 5am HIO!
    Sorry to hear about the insensitive text from your sister. When I told my sister that we were discussing IVF she goes “you’ve only had 2 losses though...” and I was silent when she said that because I was thinking “yea, 2 losses and it took 17 months for DD and now we’re on 14 months for baby #2” and I think she immediately realized how bad that was and apologized. 
  • @mokay19 Ugh, I’m sorry she said that. Those comments, while innocent, just gnaw at a still raw wound. It’s not like you’re doing IVF for funsies. 
  • Ughhh @tyrion_ @mokay19 @NYTino24 I'm so sorry about those comments!  They sting so much, even though they're said so harmlessly.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @tyrion_ I hear you on the big pee party and how many people got to move on. It stinks but it also gives me hope that it can happen! Hopefully a few more of us can move on this month! And as to withholding affection, wow that hurts! Even when I'm mad at DS for something I always scoop him up and tell him I love him. Also, my sister says the worst things to me **TW** she is pregnant now and has gotten pregnant on the first try for all 3 kids. She spent the majority of her first trimester telling me how miserable it was and how sick she is. Each time I told her I would be thrilled to be in your shoes. ANd she'd just say "oh ya..." Then she sent me an unused box of OPKs in the mail... and texts me every so often asking if I've used them. **END TW**

TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @tyrion_ yeah gee, thanks sis! Good reminder. I'm glad you got your HIO in, and sorry for that little gut punch.

@mokay19 "only two losses"??! That strikes me as a stupid combination of words. There's no "only" with losses. 

@flinstone-2 okay yall have ridiculous sisters, officially!! I'm sorry you have to deal with that too! 

It makes me feel so appreciative of my super supportive sister who has really been my best advocate in this process. 
  • @millpe @tyrion_
    https://www.wfla.com/news/sarasota-county/port-charlotte-woman-gets-flesh-eating-bacteria-in-foot-at-popular-florida-beach/
    So scary. We were only there a week, and my son did have a small cut on his foot (he stepped on a tiny toy traffic cone) so it just didn't seem worth the risk! We just swam in the pool at the complex, and went to see my aunt and swam in her pool. We did have dinner at Sharky's on the Pier, so that was our "beach" time, lol. 
    @Flintstones2 The ONLY reasonable justification I can see for the unused OPK texting is if you never thanked her, she might be fishing for it. Weird though. 
    @mokay19 I've had three, and I had a doctor say something similar. I changed doctors.  
    @NYTino24 He rolls right over it. This kid...  I caught him sleeping with his shoulder on my bed and his feet dangling down so he was "standing" on my night stand. #whosleepslikethat 

• bows22bows22 member
    @flinstone-2 it sucks but I agree you have to put yourself first sometimes. You aren’t a terrible sibling, and it’s only temporary❤️

I am totally with you on the vibes for some major pee parties soon!
  • @flinstone-2 you've gotta do what's best for you, even if that means shutting her out for a bit. Take care of yourself.
    And an August pee party sounds good to me! 😊
  • newmomtx06newmomtx06 member
    edited July 2019
    @flinstone-2 I am so sorry about your sister! People can be so hurtful without even thinking about it. Take whatever time you need away from her and feel no guilt over it. Self-care is so important and you have to make yourself a priority!

@mokay19 seriously?! “Only two losses?” Ugh. I am so sorry 😐 
  • @flinstone-2 How direct have you been with her? It’s such a sucky situation, but if it’s making you suffer, I’d say something.

• I don't know where I go anymore. I am benched this month. We have a bunch of tests to prove to insurance that we need IVF and survery for my uterus: pelvic MRI for me, urologist and another SA for my husband. After these tests my doctor will talk to me about IVF. Meanwhile I am trying to learn as much as possible about the procedures. It seems you need to take bc for a month, hormones shots, a trigger shot and then ER, transfer and wait for BFP. Also, being overweight can decrease success rates? So I am trying to work on that 😬 
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • @bobbyflies2020 Are you on the IF thread too? I know inthewoods is in the middle of the IVF process and might be able to help you get some insight. Also, @BusinessWife. I don’t have any experience with IVF. Wishing you so much luck in the process. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017