Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 7/10

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Wednesday 7/10

• Loading the player...
  • @mercury94 I don't blame you for being frustrated with you H. I'm curious about what board game lasts that long!  

@ejoseph16 I hope your meeting goes well! That's quite a task, combining 3 schools! Hopefully everyone gets along.

@misshelen86 I hope you have a relaxing mani/pedi! Your trip sounds great! I haven't heard much about "King Kong" on Broadway but I am sure the special effects are amazing. 
  • @mercury94 teachers have a tendency to lose all sense of day and time over the summer... speaking from experience! Lol. I see your frustration, though. 

@emeraldduchess yay for your saline ultrasound! Our transition thus far has been great, but it’s just the leaders of the school meeting so far. We did have a new school scavenger hunt for our new classrooms at the end of the school year as a mixer, and overall it seemed positive. We will see! 
  • Month/Cycle: 14/9/4 AL

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: Femara, Metformin, prenatal, Conceive Plus, HIO EOD, BW on CD21, temping/tracking with FF.

R/R: A big mixture of rant/rave - Someone brought in donuts to work, and I passed them up...it was difficult because they are from this great local bakery, but I definitely don’t need the fat/calories! DH was super discouraged after weighing in this morning...after going to the extreme of saying he should only eat like 1,000 calories a day now (which is cray cray), we’ve talked it out and figured out several ways to cut calories to a reasonable level! One of those ways is cutting out coffee, except to still allow 1 cup on the weekends if we want (we had already decreased to 1 cup a day during the week and maybe 2 on the weekends). I’m not looking forward to the headaches from caffeine withdrawals, but I know it’ll be worth it in the end...and make it that much easier to resist when I get KU!

CS/Q: Just waiting for O which seems to be coming at a more normal time (was all over the place but mostly late when I first started meds). Do any of you observe HR during your cycle? It’s interesting to see the trend, but I know it’s not as exact/proven as temps. I start seeing a rise before O with HR though, unlike with the temps. I feel like I’ve seen someone on here tracking that in FF, but I’ve never seen that option, so I’m guessing that’s only offered with VIP.

@misshelen86 enjoy the mani/pedi today...and your two weeks off and the trip! You are going to NY, yeah? Have you been before? I haven’t, but would like to some day. 

@ejoseph16 wow, combining 3 schools!! Hopefully the planning now will help to make it a smooth transition! Are you going into a brand new school all together, or combining into one of the existing ones? Enjoy your adult time, and hopefully AF is on her way out! 

@mercury94 that’s super frustrating you still had guests when you got home from work! I’m guessing they just lost track of time, but coming home to that when you just want to relax had to be annoying! Hopefully you can have a relaxing evening after work tonight!

@emeraldduchess those socks sound amazing! Hope you enjoy your road trip today! Also, good luck with your saline US tomorrow! 

• @bluetickgal getting healthy is such a rewarding but frustrating thing... I recently went through an extreme weight loss journey before TTC, losing 160 pounds. So I get it! Remember that there will be ups and downs, weight gain happens throughout! But you should never go below 1200 calories -it’s not healthy for your body. 

So, our transition is to get the whole district elementary at the same school. So we are going from 3 schools (one school was PreK-K, another was 1-2, and our school was 3-6) to a PreK-6 school. Our 3-6 school has been under construction to expand since last summer. They added onto it, and are now gutting a lot of the older part of the school to help fit in the amount of classrooms we need. Our school before being a 3-6 school was a junior high school, which has since moved in with the high school. So now our entire district is going to be on the same plot of land. It will be weird, but a good weird! 
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, BBT charting, CM & CP tracking, OPKs, Pre-Seed, Mucinex (begin on CD10), and baby aspirin.

R/R: I have a coworker who has really gotten into essential oils. When she found out about us TTGP, she recommended a few to me, so I figured it was worth a shot. Given all of the other things I've incorporated into this journey, what's one more? LOL

CS/Q: Nothing so far.

Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• bluetickgalbluetickgal member
    edited July 2019
    @ejoseph16 that’s amazing!! Congratulations on that, I know you have to be so proud of yourself!! I lost about 40 lbs a couple of years ago and have slowly crept back up, but am still down about 25 lbs from where I started. I have My Fitness Pal set at 1,200 calories and it adjusts for fitness since it’s connected with my FitBit, so I do a fairly good job at making sure I get the appropriate amount of calories. My DH doesn’t want to track though, so I try and make sure he gets enough based on what I take in and adjusting up. I’ve tried to explain to him that eating too few calories can also impede weight loss, but it took me a long time to realize that too! Hopefully the changes we have committed to making will help! 

Oh wow, it sounds like a lot of things are changing throughout the district...but hopefully they will all be good changes! That’s nice that all of the schools will be on the same plot of land! Hopefully that will help to make things more cohesive! 

Edited to fix punctuation. 
  • @misshelen86 mani pedi with mom and sister sounds amazing and like something I need so I’m jealous lol. Yay 2 weeks vacation!

@ejoseph16 hope the meeting goes well! And yay for AF being on the way out :)

@mercury94 ugh come on husband stick to the schedule. Sorry you had to come home just to clean that’s a bummer when you all you want to do is relax. 

@emeraldduchess have an awesome time with your mom and best of luck at the ultrasound! 

@bluetickgal good job passing up the donut! I have a hard time resisting baked goods (in that I don’t even though I definitely should :D). My husband gets pretty extreme when he goes on diets so I can relate there. He overtrains IMO and definitely doesn’t eat enough. But he was always an athletic guy so if he starts getting a little ‘soft’ it bothers him a lot. Oh well. I’m glad you managed to talk and figure out a way to talk him out of a 1000 cal diet. I think it’s awesome you guys are doing this together how encouraging.  

@whitealbum29 yay sleep in the new place. Sound sleep is the best. I just had my first good nights of sleep in like a week and it was glorious. Have fun at barre!

*TW*

|MMC July 13' - 8 wks| 
    |MMC Nov. 13' - 12 wks - Turner's, natural MC| 
    |MC Mar. 14' - 4.5 wks| 
    |MMC July 14' - 11 wks - d&c|
    DD 1 Aug. 15'
    DD 2 June 17' 

• @misshelen86 Where are you heading? Enjoy your mani/pedi! 

@ejoseph16 What are the sizes of the schools they’re combining? 

@mercury94 what time did everyone end up leaving? I’d be frustrated with that, too. 

@emeraldduchess Enjoy the mini-trip with your mom. Hope the procedure goes well tomorrow. 

@bluetickgal I haven’t looked to see what my HR does but someone else brought it up before and now I’m curious reading this again. 

@whitealbum29 Glad the move went well and you’re sleeping soundly. Enjoy barre! I’m going Friday night with a group of friends. 

@ttcbabyodo which essential oils did she recommend? 

• Month/Cycle: 2/2 AL 

CD: 16 

WAYDTGKU: PNV, HIO, BBT, CM, OPKs

R/R: I got a blazing positive opk yesterday afternoon and I was way more excited than I expected. I had a mild temp rise this morning but I slept like crap. I’ll probably still hang in WTO territory until I get one or two more shifted temps. 

CS/Q: none 

• babyodobabyodo member
    edited July 2019
    @tyrion_ she's a rep for Young Living, and recommended a blend called Progessence Plus for me (since I'm curious about incorporating progesterone into my TTGP routine) which contains balsam, frankincense (not excited to smell like a funeral), cedarwood bark oil, bergamot, peppermint, yam extract, clove, and tocopherols, and then a blend called Mister for MH. His contains sage, fennel, lavender, myrtle, yarrow, and peppermint. Have to be careful with these, because MH is highly allergic to cinnamon, so it was good to see that none of these contain that ingredient.

Apparently you apply them topically to the back of your toe, or the inside of your ankle or thighs (rotate locations to prevent irritation), and it begins to take effect within two minutes. You can also diffuse them in a diffuser with medical grade plastic, as well. 

If I like them, I might invest in a couple more, namely Goldenrod (*wink*wink*) and Idaho Blue Spruce for MH. With all of the other stuff I'm doing for me, I don't need as much assistance, but if he reacts well to the Mister, then I may incorporate the others into our arsenal, lol.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @emeraldduchess The game is Twilight Imperium. It’s super complicated. They started at 9:00 am, but took a lunch break. I’ve played it a few times. DH plays it about 4 times a year, but at least 2 of those are during summer break. Those sock sound amazing and you totally needed them. I might need them too. 

@bluetickgal Way to go avoiding those donuts. Weight loss is so hard. I did Jenny Craig years ago and lost 50 pounds, but I’ve gained most of it back and lost it again over the years. 

@whitealbum29 Glad you are getting good sleep. Enjoy your class. 

@silly_goose So glad that things are going better with your H. 

@tyrion_ They left about 7. The game ended at 6:15, but there was a long debate about whether one of the players should be considered to have forfeit when he left during the last round because he’d promised his wife he’d be home for dinner. The one guy that’s not married was basically like how dare the wife not be okay with the schedule changing so the husband could play a silly game. Which let me ask why they were all still in my house. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @whitealbum29 that’s great you are sleeping well in your new place! Have fun with barre!! 

@silly_goose men can be funny sometimes with taking things to the extreme, can’t they?! I can see if you have always been athletic like your DH, it would be hard to see that change and want to do whatever possible to get it back! DH was partly joking with his 1,000 calorie comment, but I definitely wanted to talk him down from that! I’m so glad things are better with you and your DH now...communication and otherwise! ☺️ Hopefully that will continue and make you all even stronger together! 

@tyrion_ Yay for the positive OPK! I had read about the HR correlation in one of my many random TTC Google searches, and have observed the trend with mine almost every month since!

@ttcbabyodo that’s interesting about the oils! I know a lot of people that swear by them, but I’ve never tried them. I’ll be interested to see how you like using them! 
  • sevennsevenn member
    @misshelen86 - enjoy the mani pedi!
    @ejoseph16 -  hope your meeting goes great!  nice you're able to have a meeting out of the formal workplace too
    @mercury94 - ugh, thats the worst when you have to be around people you don't want to, especially in your own home
    @emeraldduchess - those socks sound fantastic!

Month/Cycle: 9/9

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: OPK, CB digi, soft-cups, CP, CM, BBT

R/R: i am pretty sure I am about to O and a I am NOT happy about it.  another early O (same as last cycle).  i was supposed to have perfect FW timing but instead i'm away from DH for 48hrs with a peak on Digi and nearly positive wondfo.  We HIO late last night (soft cups and pre-seed) so i've got something covered but really?  CD 9?!  hoping it's a fake-out as i don't have a ton of O pain but the EWCM and HSO are looking consistent :(  WTF

CS/Q: see above.  anyone else with O on CD 9/10?

Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• @mercury94 yes, weight loss is so hard! Way to go on losing the 50! I feel like maintaining is just as hard as losing...hence my increase as well! I will never understand why unhealthy food has to taste so dang good!!
  • @mercury94 7pm?! Yikes. 

@sevenn Earliest I’ve O’d is CD 11. I really hope it’s fake out. 

• Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: OPK, Ovusense, PNV, Acupuncture, Vitex

R/R: Acupuncture and Vitex seem to be helping regulate my cycle! I have never o'd before CD20 and this month I got a positive OPK on CD 12!  Downside, don't think we got enough BD in because I wasn't prepared for it.

CS/Q: It's my first time using these OPKs and I am unclear how to read them. I got a positive yesterday evening (tested ever 2 hours) and another positive at 6am but a negative just now. If it is now dropping, does this mean I have already O'd? Should I BD tonight to be safe? Would ladies mind taking a look and give me your thoughts? 

I don't have temps yet - I JUST got my Ovusense yesterday so only have one temp from this AM as 36.11C/96.998F