October 2019 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Strollers

Stolen from April 2019:

Because kids get heavy.

Give us the pros and cons of what you have, or ask about what you want. Does it fit in your car? Have trouble with the sidewalks on your street? Handles puddles and slush and snow? Does it have enough space for your diaper bag? What accessories would you recommend? Is it too big to walk into stores? Too big a turn radius? Too small to be comfortably driven by your 6’7” self/DH? Too heavy to get to your third floor walkup? Does it fold down to a reasonable size? Do you care about weight limits? Is there other relevant info?

Double strollers: side by side or front and back? Is there anything less than $800? 

Jogging Strollers: do the tires stay inflated? How does it handle on and off road?

FTMs: when you look at strollers, what’s confusing? Ask away!

TTC History
Me: 38 DH: 52
Started trying June 2018
BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
TTC October 2021
BFP January 2022
MMC March 2022
Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

Re: Product Spotlight: Strollers

• Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    We have the graco click connect system (4 wheel set). I drive a midsized sedan, my H a midsized suv, for reference. I’m 5’3; he’s 5’9. It takes up my full trunk, but it isn’t that bad in H’s provided we keep the third row down. 

It does have one hand open and storage, which I like. It’s a bit bulky for going into tight stores. The handle is adjustable, and we both have no issues using it. It’s not bad weight wise. DS2 likes it, prefers it over babywearing now. DS1 hated it
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    Here's my 2 cents on what we have:
    We have a Britax B Agile, which I think they replaced with the B Free. The B Agile is almost identical to the much more expensive Baby Jogger City Mini. It is compatible with the infant carseat. Fairly lightweight, easy to maneuver. I like that is 3 wheels instead of 4.
    We also have a Summer Infant 3D Lite. I have a love hate with it. It's nice and compact, but the handle to push it is narrow and awkward. 

DD1 is going to be 4 when baby #2 gets here. I think we're going to skip a 2nd stroller. She only uses one now for things like Disney, etc. Or if she's feeling lazy and just wants me to go around the block. lol. But she really doesn't need one anymore.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the Graco Modes Click Connect system (I think). My DH liked it cause it had a kick stand so we could fold it and it would stand up on its own. I did not like the bulkiness of it. I still felt it took up a lot of room. But its super durable, and we used it til she was 3 so...
  • Options
    We have the baby jogger city mini and I really like it. It opens/folds super quickly/easily. Easy to maneuver. Doesn't seem to big when in use and also doesn't take up too much space in the car. 

I am drooling over the Joovy Qool double stroller, but don't think I will ever be able to justify that price tag to myself lol
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    With DS, we purchased the Chicco KeyFit travel system, which came with the Cortina stroller. In hindsight, I wish we would just gotten the car seat and a different stroller. The Cortina is just okay. I liked being able to click in the car seat easily but other than that, I don't know if I would recommend. It's a little heavy / bulky and doesn't maneuver well. If you don't intend on using a stroller all too often, this might be okay. 

ETA thinking about getting the Evenflo Pivot Xpand travel system for this baby since we need a new car seat and stroller anyways.
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Options
    We bought a really well taken care of Uppa Baby Vista on Craigslist. I didn’t feel comfortable registering for a new one - so pricey. It was well worth it. I’m 5’10 and DH is 6’4 and it was the only one we didn’t kick when we walked. (We tried a bunch at buybuybaby). It expands to a double with attachments and an even handle a third kid with a kick board. It is super smooth, not bulky, not too heavy. 

We we have a babyjogger city mini double stroller and I really like it. I prefer the side by side and wanted one that fit through any door and this one does. Really smooth, fairly light.

And finally, we have a baby trend snap n go that will hold any infant car seat. It also has a kickboard and is super light. It costs just as much as some of the attachments to convert our other stroller to be compatible so we just bought it with DD2 and it was awesome. Saved my back from carrying her, and it’s super light and easy. 
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @penelopesnuz77 brings up a really good point. If you plan to have more than one kid, I would get a stroller that can convert to a double now, so you don’t have to completely get a new system if/when you have the second kid. I wish I had done this. 
  • Options
    We have the single bob, double bob, a smaller foldable Chico liteway and the Chico bravo for 2.  I love my bob strollers for jogging and walks around town, on trails, etc but they are very bulky.  My single fits in my suv, the double not so much.  This is why we have the single foldable smaller Chico liteway and once I had 2 kids we got the Chico bravo for 2 which is lite and fits in my suv or trunk of the car. 
  • Options
    Looking for a good stroller that I can attach a boggy/stand board to
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    galentinegalentine member
    edited April 2019
    Stroller question: are the "travel system" ones (that you clip the infant car seat into) separate from like.... regular strollers? Or do regular strollers convert and do both things?

ETA - I feel like such a moron asking this. FTM probs 🤦‍♀️
  • Options
    @galentine Travel systems refers to the same brand making compatible parts-- THEIR infant car seat clips into THEIR stroller. BUT, you can also buy an adapter for most strollers to be compatible with your infant car seat. For example, we use the Graco Snug Ride Click Connect infant car seat, but I have the Baby Jogger City Elite (and City Select) stroller. So we purchased the Graco adapter compatible with the Baby Jogger strollers (approx $30) so that we could clip our infant car seat into our preferred stroller. Is that your question??
  • Options
    elle-0409elle-0409 member
    edited July 2019
    Bump! :)
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    Anyone familiar with the Diono Quantum stroller? (I am a fan of the diono car seats, but not sure about their strollers.) 
  • Options
    @junebabyh I don't have much input as a FTM, but if you look in the July deals post, you'll see a bundle offer for a Diono car seat and stroller for $299!
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    @meagan-t yep!! That’s why I want to know abt any experiences with the stroller. I’m all in on getting the car seat. But wondering if it’s worth it for the stroller. Free is a good price 😉
  • Options
    Little late to this thread. I'm a stroller maniac as SO calls it. We have 4 strollers. We got a baby trend jogging stroller with DS that was awesome with any carseat we've had. My big complaints were it's bulky/heavy and the front wheel shakes when it's on a swivel. Pluses were that the sunshade was amazing, covered them well and the seat reclines way back, the basket was huge and it had awesome airflow. 
    We have a baby trend sit and stand double. I bought it for 50 bucks off a lady brand spanking new. And while it's great for walking around town/festivals, it sucks going in places or through parks. It's definitely bulky, definitely heavy and I feel hard to steer. I am 5 foot flat, SO is like 5' 5". We both have an issue with it. On a smooth surface it's perfect. Rough, grassy, bumpy, no. The seats are great, but don't really recline(no room to), no airflow through the middle, the basket is tiny and the sun shade on the top seat sucked after DD was out of the carseat. 
    I am part of a parent testing panel and got a Baby Jogger City Mini lux to test out last year. MY FAVORITE STROLLER. EVER. I drive a Toyota Corolla, a tiny one. SO drives a Chevy Avalanche. This thing folds so compactly, it fits perfect in both our backseats with room to spare. It stays in my trunk and I use it at the Drs mainly. It's easy to unfold, easier to fold, the seat reclines way back, the sunshade is full cover, the basket is a great size. My biggest issue is all the attachments cost so much. I want to get the glider board and the attachment to make it a double stroller when this baby comes. It doesn't have a drink tray, I haven't bought it yet, it doesn't have a mom/dad cup holder(again haven't bought it) but it does have a nifty back pack to carry the stroller in. 
    Finally, we have a Jeep side by side double we found at Walmart for 30 bucks. It's great, both kids can get in and out of it easy, both like sitting in it, it's light, has lots of pockets. The shades suck cause they barely cover them. But it's still great for easy access lol