Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 7/8

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: What discontinued from your childhood do you wish they would bring back? 

Re: TTCAL w/o 7/8

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. - 2 MMC's, 2/19 and 6/19

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Well for good news, MC finally seems over after 4 weeks. Loose plan for IVF is testing my HCG again on Wednesday, if it's below 100 start BC for 3 weeks to allow my uterus to heal, then schedule a Saline Sono and if that is all clear, go back on BC for 1-3 more weeks and then start IVF stims!

I'm trying to remain positive and look toward the future. But it's been a triggering couple of days. Not one specific thing, just seems to be little things everywhere. I seem to see PG women in every other commercial on TV, in family and friends. Sometimes it's just so in your face everywhere and I really start to wonder if I will ever get and stay pregnant. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? BW on Wednesday, can't believe I am saying this but please HCG be negative!

I forget who made it, but there was this Pasta bake sauce. You just poured it over uncooked ziti and I think added some water and put it in the oven. And it was like baked ziti but very minimal work. I remember when my mom was working she would have me start it for dinner when I got home from school. It was quick, easy and good. Granted I make the real thing now and it doesn't take that much work but it would make for an easy week night meal. I'd love to just have it on hand in case.

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @hanshotfirst77 I’m glad you’re finally at the end of this! Ugh! I can’t even imagine all that you went through. Take care of yourself! 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

BO at 10 weeks 4/19

Ugh... baby shower for a friend this weekend. I’m really, really struggling just thinking about it. I was keeping up hope that this last cycle was good and I would be KU for her shower, but AF ruined that dream. So here I am, dreading it. And she texted me yesterday to make sure I was coming because her aunt didn’t mark down that I rsvp’d. Double ugh. 

In positive news, I got an email today from my academic adviser for my masters degree, and they’re changing the course requirements, eliminating half of the classes I have left to take. It looks like I may be graduating a year early! We can hope! 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope. Start dipping OPK’s once AF leaves. Hoping for my shorter 28-35 day cycles to return this cycle! 

Good Saturday morning cartoons! Cartoons these days are HORRIBLE! Gosh I feel so old saying that, but really. 

• Loading the player...
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.  

MC 8/2016; MC 5/2019; CP 7/2019 -- I'm having a hard time calling it a CP since I just saw the positive test and started bleeding that day... but even DH could see the second line so I know it was there and my LP was a little longer than normal..

I just feel like I've been more emotional the last week about kids and babies.  My SIL's baby shower is at the end of this month and I have set this possible unrealistic goal in my mind to have a plan before then.  I don't know why but I just think like I'll feeeel better having a plan.  And since it's the shower thrown by her side of the family, no one knows what's going on in our lives so I don't want questions.

My Rave is that DH has been so amazing lately.  Our loss in May definitely struck him differently and he's been so much more aware and helpful with all of my emotions and feelings and he's listened to my IF rants so much more intently.  Not that he was ever bad at it.... just not thiiiiiis good :)

Any testing coming up/any recent results? hysteroscopy!

GTKY: What discontinued from your childhood do you wish they would bring back?  hmmmmmmmmmm.... nothing really jumps out at me.... I wish kids played with simple things like we did though.  Like pogs haha

• @ejoseph16 Ugh I'm sorry about the impending shower and AF making it worse. But yay for the potentially graduating early news!

@mokay19 I feel you so much on the setting these TTC goals, especially surrounding certain events or milestones. I know how you feel, that like even though the shower will be hard it will be a little easier if you know your plan in place. Hugs <3
    So far this year I have miscarried on both my sister's gender reveal and then again on her baby shower. like wtf universe!? It means so much to me to have a plan for and hopefully be starting IVF before my first would be due date in Sept. It will still suck but maybe a little less with a plan. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. : Early loss May 2019 

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? We’ve been at the beach this weekend and it was good for my soul. Hoping for a good week coming off of our mini-vacation. I did have a dagger-in-the-heart moment when my friend’s mom asked when we were going to have a baby. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? None 

GTKY: What discontinued from your childhood do you wish they would bring back? I need to think on the my brain isn’t fully awake yet. 

@hanshotfirst77 I’m so happy this is finally behind you. Happy to read you have a plan going forward. 

@ejoseph16 Wow, graduating a whole year early would be amazing! 

@mokay19 Yesss! I had a pog maker and everything. Ahh the simple joys in life. And I do hope that you at least have a loose plan before the baby shower to help ease the pain of attending. 

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.  MMC in Nov '18.  Early loss in Feb.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?  Finally had a good, resetting long weekend.  Last night our plumbing backed up into the basement, but thankfully it was only washer and dishwasher drainage and not from the toilets.  I think I just overloaded the septic because I took a break from laundry all weekend and then spent all yesterday making up for it.

Any testing coming up/any recent results?  Not until Sunday at 10 DPO!

GTKY: What discontinued from your childhood do you wish they would bring back?  Hmmm... I agree with @ejoseph16 that cartoons now are terrible.  I wish TV would go back to how it was in the 80s-90s.  I kind of wish we could have kids grow up not knowing about the internet.  I feel like that's ruining a lot of things I loved about childhood.  My technology as a kid was pretty much restricted to Tamogachis/Neo Pets, hahaha!  

**TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• edited July 2019
    @hanshotfirst77 Glad your AL cycle seems to be ending!  I hate the limbo period.  I hope everything goes smoothly with your transition into IVF!

@ejoseph16 So sorry about the impending shower, but YAY for possibly graduating early!  That would be awesome!

@mokay19 It becomes real literally the moment you see that line.  I'm really sorry.  Hugs  <3

@tyrion_ Ugh, those daggers.  They suck.  I am constantly anxious every minute I'm around my MIL because she is literally harassing us about it at this point.  She doesn't know about our losses because she'd be really dramatic and somehow make it about her because she can't cope with things in life... but I'm about 1 more question away from just shouting at her that I've miscarried twice now and I'd really appreciate it if she'd STFU about wanting a granddaughter (because yes, she's even requesting the sex).  Rage...

*Edited for wording
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @mokay19 so sorry about the CP 😔 but it’s good that you and YH are able to talk it out. and yes to pogs!!!! I miss those! 

@tyrion_ those daggers are the worst! Some people just don’t realize that although they mean well, they are killing you inside. 

@shamrocandroll I talk to my students all the time about not being able to google things for research and not being able to get on Facebook. It freaks them out! I’m so thankful I grew up without all of that. 
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: 2 losses, 1 MMC 8/2018 & 1 MMC/D&C 2/2019

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Was really disappointed with AF this week. Not sure why it hit me harder this time around. FF didn't help. Gave me the most points I ever had for possibly being pregnant. Gave me a false sense of hope. Also my birthday is approaching next week and that may be affecting me too. Somehow that extra number makes me feel like it will be harder to get pregnant since I'm getting older. Gotta just keep trying though and try to stay positive. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? None just ovulation tests in a few days

GTKY: What discontinued from your childhood do you wish they would bring back? I know its a safety issue but I miss riding in the back of a truck. It was so much fun just letting the wind hit your face and riding with all your family and friends and having a good time. Man was that dangerous. 

• @maserrano714 Ugh, I'm sorry about AF and the false hope.  I have a love/hate relationship with FF.  Hugs  <3
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. Miscarriage at 5 weeks in December, CP last week

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I am doing pretty well, considering the roller coaster we were on last week. DH and I were wondering why my uterus decides to ruin holidays for us.  Our first loss was a week before Christmas, and last week's was the 4th of July. *TW* our losses also coincide with births on his side of the family. Both losses were within a day or two of someone else having a baby. Of course that means getting hit with newborn pictures when we really don't need or want to see them. WTH? *end TW* DH is channeling his feelings into yard work and cleaning, whereas I just feel physically drained and am not sleeping well (I think that's more to do with the weather).  Normally I would find knitting comforting, *TW* but the fact that I am making things for other people's children is starting to wear on me. *end TW*  I took 2 books out of the library last week and I am really enjoying the one that I started (Anne Boleyn: A King's Obsession by Alison Weir. If you like historical fiction, I highly recommend her work!). 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? DH's SA is tomorrow, my saline sonogram is Thursday. My initial testing with the RE came back within normal range, so that has calmed my anxiety quite a bit.  I have to call to make a follow-up appointment with the RE and I believe the next step is to start RPL testing. 

GTKY: What discontinued from your childhood do you wish they would bring back? So much...Keebler Magic Middle cookies, 3D Doritos, a lot of the 90s TV shows like "Dr. Quinn" and the whole concept of a TGIF line-up. 

• @hanshotfirst77 glad to hear your AL cycle is over and you can get back on track with your plan. Fx for your hcg levels to be low.

@ejoseph16 what good news about your program. It's a great relief to know you don't have to take those classes. Graduating a year early totally rocks!

@mokay19 baby showers are rough hope everything goes well. Glad to hear about your DH and how he's been supportive. It is so helpful when DH just gets it and is there for you. I'm lucky my DH does. It's weird to say but I think the loss has brought us closer and made our relationship stronger.

@tyrion_ a weekend at the beach sounds amazing. Glad you had a nice mini vacay.

@shamrocandroll ah the joys of home ownership. Hope you were able to get it all fixed. It's never ending when you own a home, especially if it's an old home like mine. It was built in 1950 so something is always going wrong.
  • @emeraldduchess Ugh, I'm sorry this keeps happening on holidays and other triggering events.  I LOVE historical fiction, so I'm definitely adding that book to my list!  Thanks!  GL with the SA!  And YES to TGIF!!!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @hanshotfirst77 "Sometimes it's just so in your face everywhere and I really start to wonder if I will ever get and stay pregnant." <--- YES to this. I 100% get this & have had a similar feeling of vague "signs" everywhere reminding me that other people can get/are PG & I'm like staaaap.

@ejoseph16 Sorry about the shower--that's rough. I have sent gifts to showers from afar but never had to attend one--which reminds me! One woman I sent a gift to---didn't send a thank you!? Are thank yous not a thing anymore? Because... I sent that gift like a few weeks after my mc, I was invited to the shower despite living 1300 miles away and... I just think it's rude she never sent a thank you now that I think of it? Sorry, I was commenting here to you and then all these thoughts came to me... 

@tyrion_ OMG how did you react?! I've had one of those, as you call it, "dagger-in-the-heart" moments, such a great way to put it, and I was a bumbling idiot.

@mokay19 I had 2 +HPTs 2 days in a row + a blood test (yes/no not HCG counts tho) done by my school's health center to confirm I was PG before my CP, which came at one week after AF was due-- I still call it a CP here bc I feel like that's specific to what it was--when I talk about it IRL, I call it an "early loss" (I think I got that from @shamrocandroll) bc... I feel like WE understand a loss is a loss no matter whether it's a CP not, but the general public doesn't even know what a CP is more than half of the time. Anyway, whatever you need to call it is what you should call it, but know here that we don't rank losses. Personally, sure, one of my losses I felt more than the other and I've talked about that, but I feel like here--we understand how hard it is no matter how long you've known & how many lines you've seen. 

@maserrano714 Ppl still ride in the back of trucks in Louisiana! Also, I get having some AF's approaches be more difficult than others. I was just thinking today about FF's points system & how we don't usually talk about it around here. I think bc it's bogus? Yet I can't help but put stock into it? It seems the more data I enter, though, the lower the number gets. Anyway, I feel you though--it has given me hope in the past as well.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. CP Oct. 2018; MMC w/ D&C Jan.-Feb. 2019

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? 2 more PG announcements this week. I know it's dumb to get sad over every one of them, which is why I don't come on here & bitch about then in real time, but I feel like they just keep stacking up & I am like, alone in the waiting room. I am pretty nervous to test Wed. for all the obvious reasons. This chart is the best I've had in a while, but we all know how no matter what the results are, it's still a long waiting game--like many of yall, I don't know if I'll be able to feel calm until I have a babe in my arms. I can't even imagine what that feels like. I wonder sometimes if I am putting too much stock into getting/staying KU that I am not thinking about parenting enough--like, I am too scared I'll jinx something if I start prepping to me a mom. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I'm POAS Wed.

GTKY: What discontinued from your childhood do you wish they would bring back?  AIM! 

• @kagesstarshroom Oooh, AIM is a good one!  And yes, I feel you on feeling like I will be a mess no matter what.  Even after I have a baby in my arms, because let's be honest... I'm just anxious about everything no matter what.  If it's any consolation, there's not really all that much you really even can do to prepare to become a mom.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @kagesstarshroom I didn’t realize it until you mentioned it, but I think the hardest thing about calling it a CP is because I wouldn’t want to call it that to my friends. I told my closest friend and she just goes “but you weren’t actually pregnant, right?” I immediately ended that conversation because it made me angry/sad/mad/annoyed. But, unfortunately, I do think that’s how most of my IRL friends would think because none of them are at this point in their life (and, god willing, they’ll never experience this stuff). I hate that you guys do, but it’s good to know that you guys can understand the mix of emotions. 
  • @maserrano714 I feel you on FF giving false hope. My chart this last cycle was gorgeous, charts like mine were ending in PG, and my temps dropped, AF came 3 days early. B****! Ugh. Drink wine... it made me feel better... 

@emeraldduchess ugh. “At least it wasn’t a real pregnancy? How rude! I had a coworker tell me after mine that “at least you didn’t hear a heartbeat. That would be so much worse.” Um listen... 

@shamrocandroll your rant about thank you’s is my biggest pet peeve. Seriously. I used to live in Arizona, and of course I invited some of my friends to my wedding in Ohio. Some of my friends sent me gifts even though they couldn’t make it, so I personally called each of them to thank them. Our generation sucks at thank you’s. And he’ll yes AIM! MH and I got in a routine at one point of writing each other notes in our lunches in the form of away messages. It was great! 
  • @ejoseph16 I think you got @shamrocandroll & I mixed up, but I'm honored, haha. I'm like, did NO ONE get a thank you or did *I* just not get one?! Ya know? Ugh. That friend group is the worst though, for various reasons. Anyway. I'm glad you called them to thank them, that's so sweet of you. 
  • @kagesstarshroom ah crap on a cracker... I was doing so well with tagging the right people 🤦🏼‍♀️ 
  • @ejoseph16 Yep, that was @kagesstarshroom.  I, too, am honored to be mixed up with her!  :) 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

NMC in 1/17 and BO in 6/19

I mentioned elsewhere, but announcements, both subtle and obvious are everywhere. One day I’ll learn to not worry about what I can’t control. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? OB appointment for US / BW on Thursday. HCG was 120 on 7/3

GTKY: What discontinued from your childhood do you wish they would bring back? TGIF. So many shows have come back and I just haven’t had the time or energy to find them and watch them!

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited July 2019
    @hanshotfirst77 I can totally understand where you’re coming from. Even some people who know about my first loss said, “Well at least you know you can get pregnant!” Um, I’d rather not get pregnant at all if it’s going to result in a loss and tons of anxiety. People just don’t understand so many things until they experience it themselves and IF / MC are two things I wish no one would ever have to go through.

@ejoseph16 I declined a shower at the end of my first MC. Have you thought about telling her? I personally felt more awkward at a first birthday party with literally 25 kids than I did at a shower. It’s really hard to want it to be yourself celebrating though. 

@mokay19 I also had a positive test while bleeding and bled for 9 days, which is coincidentally how long both of my miscarriages lasted. I hesitate to call it a CP because I didn’t turn a digital after and didn’t have any other Wondfos, but it really nags at me because my most recent loss would have put me at two in a row and three overall... and that scares me. I mentioned it to the NP at my OB office and she said, “That doesn’t count.” I’m really dreading seeing her again on Thursday and wish the OB would just come back from leave already. Hugs, lady.

@tyrion_ WHY do people have to ask that question?! It drives me nuts. 

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 she knows about the MC, but we are really good friends. We have discussed me not coming, she said she would understand. But I don’t want to take away from her pregnancy just because mine didn’t end the same way, you know? If it were for someone I wasn’t close to, I wouldn’t go. 
  • @NYTino24 So, in the beginning of one of the books I read NOT BROKEN by Lora Shine, she talks about how most OBs don't consider a loss that didn't have a confirmed PG via U/S before the loss as an MC counting towards the "three" that most OBs want you to have had before they'll treat you as someone w/ RPL---AND about how that logic is changing. She's an RPL specialist & does not distinguish between the different types of losses in the book, except that she focuses on 1st tri losses. Anyway, all this to say two things: 1, that logic the NP said is just textbook, and that a textbook reaction like that is changing, and 2. If you're looking for a good post-loss book, I recommend this one. / As for the announcements, they really are unfair, and even if we can't control them, your feelings towards them are valid. <3
  • @ejoseph16 I definitely had coworker say something to me along those lines after my first loss.  I think it the phrase "it would have been harder if you were further along". SMDH. The first baby shower I had to go to after my loss was rough, too. I have another one coming up in a few weeks which I am struggling with now. Like you, I was really hoping I would be KU by then but it's looking more and more like I won't be. 

@hanshotfirst77 I hope your HCG level is down tomorrow and you can start moving forward with your IVF plan. I also get the feeling that sometimes everyone around me is KU, too. 

@mokay19 I hate the term chemical pregnancy too. It sounds so cold. I'm glad your DH is being so supportive.  Navigating your way through loss can be very lonely.

@tyrion_ I hate getting those questions, too.  I actually had one of my students ask me that this past year. Awkward.

@shamrocandroll I'm glad that you had a restful long weekend after everything you've been through. 

@maserrano714 the false hope from FF is exactly why I won't get the VIP version.  I hope you can enjoy your birthday next week.

@kagesstarshroom you are so right about that sitting alone in the waiting room feeling. <3 FX for you tomorrow with testing!!

@NYTino24 I don't blame you for not wanting to see that NP. When you told her you were concerned about the number of losses, she should have listened to you! That's maddening. 
    As far as TGIF shows coming back, I don't think you missed much with "Girl Meets World". Too Disney-fied and Shawn and Angela weren't together anymore.  
  • @ejoseph16 I’m glad you told her. If it was me, I’d do the same - let her know and still go. I would hope she’ll be a big cheerleader when it’s your turn.  <3
    @kagesstarshroom Good info. I think the hard part is you can’t predict the future, so you never know who will be one of those women with repeated losses. I get that this stuff is common for them to see, but I guarantee any medical professional who has gone through a loss or IF themselves or treats patients very differently than ones who haven’t, and that’s sad. This is one of those clubs that it really takes (unwanted) membership to understand.

• @shamrocandroll I'm so sorry you got an unexpected trigger. Those are truly the worst when you don't even see it coming. And I'll admit I cannot even open that thread. I feel horrible cause of course I am so happy for them but It is so hard not to feel crushed for yourself to see where you should have been. Hugs <3

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @hanshotfirst77 That was the first time that thread has triggered me, so it really wasn't expected, but seeing in words that my first would-be BMB all had their babies now just... stung.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Hugs @shamrocandroll ... I agree that line definitely stung me more than just reading the updates. I didn’t have an EDD of June so I can’t imagine your emotions. Hugs. 
  • @hanshotfirst77 @mokay19 Thanks, ladies.  <3  Just when I think I'm getting past it, things just crop out and catch me by surprise.  I hope stuff like this eventually goes away...
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll Fellow June BMBer here. Yes, that was hard to read. And that blazing positive was a pretty big slap in the face, too. Those don't usually bother me that much, but today's got me. Probably because it was so obviously positive, it just felt cruel to have it posted.
  • @ruby696 And TBG are taking FOREVER to remove it!  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• I know, I can't believe the pictures are still up @shamrocandroll

MC at 7 weeks in Jan. 2019. I haven’t posted here yet, but I’ve been lurking. 

I have mostly good days, but still have days where it hits me hard! The closer it gets to when I would have been due (end of August), the harder it is getting again. **TW in spoiler.
    My SIL is expecting her 3rd and is scheduled for a C-section next Friday. I am so happy for them and will want to go see the baby, but I’m already dreading going because I know how hard it will be. I’m hoping we can push the trip a few weeks by saying we want to give them time to get settled in at home, although I know it won’t be any easier then. I guess I’m still holding out a glimmer of hope that I’ll get KU this cycle, which will maybe make it slightly easier.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? 

Just waiting for our first RE appt. on August 15th.

GTKY: What discontinued from your childhood do you wish they would bring back? 

Oh, this is taking me back reading some of your responses...TGIF, Pogs, Tamigachi, AIM, so many good ones! It’s funny how many things have come back around...I really can’t think of anything that hasn’t already been said! 

I’m going to attempt to catch up on tags, but please forgive me if I miss any! 

@hanshotfirst77 that’s so great you have a plan in place to proceed with IVF! 

@ejoseph16 ugh, events like that are so hard. I skipped my SIL’s gender reveal (just told her I had something else going on because I knew I couldn’t handle it)...but I understand wanting to be there for your friend! That’s awesome about getting to graduate a whole year early!! 

@mokay19 I’m so sorry about your losses! I don’t like the term chemical pregnancy either, it’s a loss no matter how you look at it! That is so good your DH has been so supportive & understanding! Hopefully you will have a plan in place soon! 

@tyrion_ I’m glad you had a good beach weekend! So sorry about the dagger...I feel like people don’t realize how hurtful they can be with their questions when they don’t know what the other person is going through, but that doesn’t make it any easier to hear/deal with! 

@emeraldduchess ugh, so sorry your losses have happened on Holidays!! Could you start a knitting project that’s just for you, so that it will be enjoyable and not triggering? 

@maserrano714 so sorry AF hit you so hard! I psyche myself out enough with my FF chart, I can’t imagine having the point system added to it!

@NYTino24 sorry all the announcements are getting to you...it’s so hard to avoid! I’ve tried to limit my FB usage, but no matter how often I get on, I feel like I see some announcement! It’s so hard not to get down, even if you are happy for them! 

@shamrocandroll & @ruby696 so sorry you were triggered this today...twice! 😕 I’m sure the grad poster didn’t think about how that line would come across, but I also don’t know what it added to her post. 

• tyrion_tyrion_ member
    edited July 2019
    @shamrocandroll and @ruby696 I am so sorry you had a hard time with the grad thread today. Sending you virtual hugs. 

Edit: tag repair 
  • @bluetickgal I don't want to seem like I'm blaming the grad because I'm not, but it definitely blindsided me more than I could have expected. I'm so sorry for your loss, and so sorry about your sister being triggering. It's such a conflicting range of emotions sometimes. 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll that is true, it was a totally innocent comment I’m sure! Unfortunately so many things can trigger our emotions...and people can’t always anticipate those! 😕
  • @shamrocandroll Yes, exactly! I'm thrilled for the June ladies and hope they all had wonderful pregnancies and have healthy babies. It still just stings a bit.