Pregnant after IF

Winter 19-20 Due Dates

124»

Re: Winter 19-20 Due Dates

• @somewhereinnyc
    Metronidazole is VICIOUS. It makes so many people violently ill when they take it so we often will recommend a bland diet or even zofran since the vomiting can get pretty bad. Obv. worse if you're pregnant! We do keep it on hand though; one of our doggies has GI issues from time to time and the metronidazole is the only thing that helps him. Our vet gave us extra so we can just dose him when his GI problems start acting up and skip a pricey vet visit if he improves from that. And he doesn't seem to get sick from it.  /shrug  I guess it affects dogs differently!
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Hi everyone!
    @PoeMasque Thank you for the advice on medication, really good to know. Tylenol IV worked super fast, just didn't last long. 
    @somewhereinnyc I'm 25+3 today. Really hope your infection will go away  <3 It great to be pregnant, especially in our cases of IF, but it sucks that we are now prone to all these infections and illnesses. I wish you all strength and good health! I agree with @k_mama91, don't be ashamed of puking. 
    Thank you ladies for good wishes, looks like the stone has passed. I didn't use the strainer at work, just didn't get an opportunity to carry it with me at all times. But I saw one stone around ~ 5x3mm that came out, I didn't fish it out from a public toilet though lol. The pain is gone, thank God. 

• Loading the player...
  • @dukie001 ah just saw you had a stone.. I’ve had kidney stones 3 times. Soo painful, I can’t imagine going through that pregnant without any serious pain meds, you are a champ!! Just make sure you stay super hydrated so you won’t get another one while you’re pregnant. In the bright side, you can deal with a kidney stone with just Tylenol, child birth should be a breeze 🤣
  • @leilee101 My husband said the same 😄😄 that it was training exercise for birth of our son. It was funny after the fact 😁. 
    How are you doing? How is your little man? One of my colleagues had the same thing as you. Her water broke at 23wks. She stayed in the hospital for 8 weeks, gave birth...now she has a healthy and happy baby girl who is 4 years old. Praying for you and your baby 💙
  • Hello all!

Hope it’s ok for me to join in. Have been posting regularly on the Trouble TTC board but since my BFP have been feeling a little homeless...

I’m currently 7w6d. Having been TTC #1 for quite some time we were very surprised and delighted for our first IUI to work. I’m 36 nearly 37 and DH is 44 so we’ve always been aware we didn’t have a lot of time to play with. Anyway, our first 2 betas were really good so we were cautiously optimistic and a little scared (and excited) at the possibility of twins!

We had our first US on Wednesday. As I kind of expected, there were 2 sacs. Baby A was right on schedule with a good heartbeat (phew what a relief), but Baby B was only 4mm with no detectable heartbeat. Despite the seemingly negative outlook, the midwife didn’t want to say either way, but told us to come back in 10 days. So quite a lot of mixed feelings. I know several of you have been through this already so can understand what I mean...

Apart from that, I’m English, DH is French and we live in France so my experience of the healthcare system is pretty different. We’ve been lucky enough to have been seen in one of the top fertility centres in the country which is in the town where we used to live (we moved 6 months ago when we bought a house).

Looking forward to getting to know you all better on this crazy adventure!
    @PoeMasque I recognise your name from the TTTC board (although we weren’t posting at the same time). It looks as though we are within about 2 days of each other, which is nice :-)
  • @cigaline If you don't mind me asking, where do you live in France? We usually visit the Calvados region when we're in France, actually looking into buying a place there for summers/vacations. We haven't been since our little one arrived but I'm looking forward to bringing her perhaps next spring. I'm a former French prof (literature/linguistics); got into my current field (medicine) since it's the family trade and it's hard to get tenured positions these days, but I always keep my eyes open :smile:

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @cigaline welcome and congrats! I remember you from the TTTC board :) when is your next ultrasound? We have neighbors (and friends!) who are French, they are about to head back there for 3 weeks and I couldn’t be more jealous! They always come back talking about the most amazing food. (They also make the most amazing food, I never turn down a dinner invite :) ). 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mbradfo2 we live on the outskirts of Paris - sufficiently far out to have a garden but close to a fast train line 😊 DH would have preferred to move south but he’s in academia so pretty stuck where he is for the foreseeable future.

Have been on a few trips out in the Calvados direction but we tend to go for mountain destinations on holiday so that pretty much means heading down at least as far as the Massif Central...