Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS 7/8

Re: TFAS 7/8

• @puppylove8910 yay for potty training! I really want to train DS soon, but am terrified of doing it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 I read the book Oh Crap! and it really helped a lot. She mentioned 20-30 months is the best time to do it & my DS is 28 months. I think waiting until he was on the older side of the recommended spectrum helped. It wasn't as stressful as I imagined, but we did give up our holiday weekend for it. Lol 😂
    Me: 37 | H: 44
    **TW**
    TTC #1: May 2015
    IF DX January 2016- Me: Right sided hydrosalpinx 
    Right tube removed: February 2016
    Acupuncture + TCM: March 2016
    BFP: July 4, 2016 | DS: March 2017 (39w 2d)
    TTC #2: April 2019
    BFP #2: April 2019 | CP: April 30, 2019 (4w 2d)
    BFP #3: July 15, 2019
    EDD: March 23, 2020

• Loading the player...
  • @puppylove8910 I'm hoping to do it over a long weekend, too. My DS is in daycare 2.5 days a week and I know they'll help, but ideally I'd like to train him while I have him for 4 days straight.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • bows22bows22 member
    edited July 2019
    @jd614 I’m so sorry for loss but glad you have some alone time this week to take care of yourself❤️

@newmomtx06 ugh I’m sorry for the crappy sleep. I hope your DD gets back on track soon!

@puppylove8910 oh wow great job with the potty training! And nice job on getting the morning HIO in! We did every 1.5 days the cycle I got KU with DD but the morning sex struggle is real these days.  Edit to add - I pretty much would rather sleep than do anything else!
  • bows22bows22 member
    @whatsbumpinpumpkin sooo jealous of your Disney trip, but sorry it inadvertently benched you this month. Did your DS adjust back to sleeping in his own bed okay once you were home? Asking for my own benefit, we’re going on vacation next month haha
  • @whatsbumpinpumpkin I love Disney! I'm so glad you had a good time! 

All this potty training talk is making me think we should start. DS will be 22 months this week. He's able to tell me when he poops and needs a new diaper so maybe we're starting to get ready? 

Oh... and BFN at 13dpo today. Pretty crushed. Cycle 5 here we come. Can someone explain to me why in the world it can be so easy to conceive the first time and so freaking hard the next? 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • bows22bows22 member
    @flinstone-2 I’m so sorry for the BFN. I tested today too at 12 DPO and BFN. This sucks. 
  • @bows22 it really does!!! I don't know what else to do differently for next cycle. DH is way more optimistic than I am saying "it just takes time" but I don't know how to withstand time without going crazy. 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • bows22bows22 member
    @flinstone-2 that’s how my H is too. I think since we have DD he just assumes it will happen again eventually. 
  • @flinstone-2 @bows22 sorry about the BFNs 😕 hopefully you guys can have a little treat for yourself!
  • @whatsbumpinpumpkin when we stayed at my aunt’s house for a vacation earlier this year, DD slept in bed with us and it was so much fun for me even though I barely slept haha. She wanted to be touching me or on top of me at all times. It was adorable buuut not comfortable when she decided that laying on my head was the best position for her. 
  • @bows22 and @flinstone-2 so sorry about your BFNs. 
  • So sorry for the BFNs ladies! @bows22 @flinstone-2
    **TW**

• Thanks @puppylove8910 @gingermama29 @mokay19. This one is hitting me hard for some reason? Or it's just the progesterone really inflating my emotions. Can't wait to quit them today. 

How do you guys cope with this? I feel like dread and doom now that we've had 4 cycles, two of which we only really had a shot because of low progesterone on the others... but I can't wrap my head around how it taking up to a year is normal. I guess just focusing on the LOs we do have? But every time someone tells me he's getting older my stomach churns as I fail to provide him a sibling. 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @flinstone-2 I feel like I get that way every time, too.  Just annoyed with everything.  But in regards to having a LO, I honestly think it has made it harder for me this time.  We're on 14 months and it's hard to not think "okay DD will be X years old when the next baby is born if I were to get pregnant now..." and since I've been thinking that since the beginning, it went from possibly having 2 under 2, to hoping to just get pregnant while she's 2 years old since we're switching to IVF discussions.
  • millpemillpe member
    @flinstone-2 and @bows22 Sorry you both also got BFNs add me to that club too...

I had a hardish time conceiving DS (12 cycles, and very low sperm count on SA). So I was expecting to be in it for the long haul for this one too. I've tried to bring up to H to get a repeat SA, but he doesnt want to right now. *TW loss* and then when we ended up KU on our second cycle, it appeared we would have an easy time, but that didnt work out *TW*

Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Ugh @flinstone-2 and @bows22 I am so sorry for the BFNs.  Add me to the list for #1 being so easy and #2 being so so so difficult!  It totally sucks, but at least we're all in it together!  Hugs!  <3
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @flinstone-2 @bows22 @shamrocandroll @millpe same here!! Got KU on my first cycle for #1 and now on cycle 15 with no end in sight... I'm here for the commiseration and just a PM away.

PLUS I seem to only be surrounded by the most fertile people IRL (two pregnancy announcements in two days is really bringing me down...) 
  • @jennifer_louise What makes it even harder is EVERYONE assumes you're super fertile, since you have one already.  I'm thisclose to posting on FB that **TW we've been trying for a year and have had 2 miscarriages /TW so if everyone could stop asking when we're having a second, that would be GREAT.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• millpemillpe member
    @jennifer_louise oh hugs girl. Those announcements always seem to come at the worst time. And I will reciprocate that I'm always a PM away for you, too.
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • @shamrocandroll TOTALLY. I hear you on this. I would be so proud of you if you did that. I still can't bring myself to talk about IF to hardly anybody, because it feels like such a personal failure. But hopefully I can get over that soon.

@millpe thanks, friend ❤️. And I'm sorry that YH doesn't want another SA. We've had this discussion so many times in the IF thread - men have such a hard time with this! MH had good numbers but there was a note in there about "agglutination" that they didn't bring up on the phone. I've been nagging him for a month now to call back and just ask if that's a problem. Big nope. 
  • millpemillpe member
    @jennifer_louise When we got H's initial results back he couldn't even tell me and instead asked the nurse to call and tell me. I'm giving him some time now since this is technically only our 3rd cycle trying this round, I dont want to push it prematurely. 

@shamrocandroll We were VERY open about our IF testing and results and struggles the first time so mist people are aware. Also, anytime someone asks me now about a sibling I say "well it took a year for DS, so when it happens, it happens". Most people we are close to know about our recent loss as well. 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • @jennifer_louise I'm such a private person that I dunno if I'll ever get those kind of guts, but I need to do SOMETHING to stop people from asking.  But even doing that won't stop the questions from everyone.  Ugh.  Hugs!  <3
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• I didn't have an easy time conceiving DS. It was 13 cycles in total with a tube removal after cycle #9. I did end up conceiving naturally on the 4th cycle post tube removal so my hopes of being able to do the same with #2 is high. However, I also realize I'm 3 years older (but my FSH & AMH are similar to when I was 33- was tested at the start of this cycle). I guess I know that it can take awhile and am ok with it. My DH and I plan to try for 2 years and if nothing happens then we'll move on with life as a family of three. I don't want to go down the fertility treatment path. *TW: I did have a CP during cycle 1 so that helped me know that my left tube is still working ok!* I should also mention that I'm totally fine with a 3-4.5 year age gap so I don't worry about that. 

**TW**

• @bows22 Big hugs, mama.  Those are hard, but valid feelings.  <3
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @mercury94 well said, friend. 💜

I'm with you there - none of it makes sense. All we can do is keep trying and try to keep chins up!! 
  • @mercury94 I wish I could wait for AF. But without progesterone she comes a week after O. So now I have to test and get a BFN :( I think your idea of waiting is smart though. I'm surprised I made it to 13dpo this time. How are you doing on clomid this cycle? I'm going back on letrozole I decided since I have one more month's worth. Unmonitored again, but hoping it'll speed up O. Then maybe we'll bring in the RE. 

@shamrocandroll wow, if you could post something like that that would be so brave! And yes, people do assume you're fertile which isn't fair at all. The hardest part is people who haven't ever experienced even trying for more than one month without success asking stupid questions or giving their thoughts. I haven't brought myself to open up to anyone but my one other friend who had to do IVF for #2 because of MFI. She understands at least!

millpe I'm so sorry we are all going through this. 

@mokay19 I do the math every single cycle. This one would have made the due date exactly 2.5 years from DS which I thought was cool. 

@puppylove8910 I like your optimism. Sometimes i think if I flash forward 5 years from now and have my two kids none of what I'm going through right now will seem like a big deal. I just wish I could see the future and stop worrying about the present!! 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • Big hugs all around ladies.  I'm so happy to have all of you to go through this journey with.
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• mercury94mercury94 member
    edited July 2019
    @mokay19 I’m with you on the IRL comments. I would just collapse into myself before DS if people asked questions about when we wanted kids. I wasn’t really comfortable talking about IF and the treatments. I’m a lot more open now. It can be nice to be able to get it off my chest, but people don’t really get it. Like, why are you doing all that? Just get drunk and have sex. 

@flinstone-2 I’m not sure how this cycle is going yet. CD12. OPKs seem to be getting darker. I’ve had some hip pain, which sucks and basically makes me not want to BD. Apparently, it’s a side effect. So that’s awesome. But, we’re pushing through. Trying to get the best timing we can. I hope the next round of Letrozole works for you and the RE isn’t needed. 

edit because I’m bad at words. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Hugs to everyone and so sorry about the BFN @bows22 and @flinstone-2

With DD it took us a year to get KU.  I felt like I was doing everything like I should. I was charting, tempting, and taking the OPK’s. But it just was not happening. I have no idea what to expect this time but so happy I found this site and you ladies.   

On a random note… Is there really no way to get notifications on mobile if someone has tagged you?
  • @mercury94 and @mokay19 Yes! A close friend of ours actually told us that we needed to take a shot and relax more.  I was emotional at the time and burst into tears and left.  I think that definitely scared him into learning his lesson.