November 2019 Moms

UO/FFFC week of 7/4

Re: UO/FFFC week of 7/4

• Our BMB is either in a slump or boring. Some times I miss the drama. SOMEONE BRING ME DRAMA. Until you do, Im sucking up all the Big Brother and possibly Teen Mom I can.
  • I ate raw brownie dough tonight. I live on the edge. 🤷‍♀️ that's all I've got.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • blg116blg116 member
    @purplefan1 we definitely Need some drama. Or conversation at least. Also, where are you finding big brother to watch??!???
  • We dont have cable so we have to watch BB a day after it airs. And Im already falling behind this season! I got super wrapped up in the live feeds the other day. The girls were hardcore throwing around the C word and I couldnt tell who they were talking about. Drama drama drama!

Plus Teen Mom always makes me want popcorn to watch that shenanigans. And I like watching those quints from Texas because it makes my life with only one 3 year old feel more sane.

@gumby22c bring me the batter. Stat.
  • Our board feels super dead. There have been new people posting an intro but they don’t actually participate which is frustrating. 

I have no drama worthy UO to post and I just realized I forgot our FFFC thread. 🤦‍♀️ 

I think I’m going to just make this an UO/FFFC thread. So just add your confessions here too. 
  • Also, I really love BB. I have just started trying to get caught up. I finished episode 3. I had high hopes for Kemi because she is a no nonsense kind of girl but she has zero social game. 
  • blg116blg116 member
    I haven't watched BB in YEARS. We always watched it at my cousin's house when I was a kid, along with The Real World. I'm gonna have to find them so I can add another guilty pleasure TV show for MH to laugh at 😂
  • This board does seem dead but I don't like drama. I've snooped on enough of the other boards to see what that looks like and the holier than thou keyboard warriors-- even if they're right in some situations-- really rub me the wrong way.

I can't stand regular TV anymore and the commercials. Right now we're rewatching all Game of Thrones (haven't seen the last season yet) and I hope I'm not severely disappointed in it. Lol

Ok not sure if it's UO but I've seen plenty of people do it: kissing your kids on the lips is weird. The kid that I would babysit for during the school year would do this with his mom and they would also like, lick each other's faces which is even frickin weirder. 

My FFFC is that I have a really bad mouth generally and it's really hard not to curse freely when making posts on here because of the way I say things in my head 😂 I'm trying to be respectful of those who find that distasteful but I can't help it 
  • @ABabyMarshall I'm also not a drama fan and I love to curse. Those can be our unpopular opinions. 😀
  • @ABabyMarshall i have a terrible mouth. I some times have to go back and reread and make sure I didnt leave some s's or f's just laying around.

Also, my 3 year old kisses us on the mouth but we are starting to discourage. And she definitely licks but we dont lick back 😄 we want to break both habits before sibling gets here.
  • @runningfortwo81 @purplefan1 ok glad I'm not the only one with the bad language 😂 it's just the way I talk! I don't want to come off angry either if I slip in some colorful language, it's just for emphasis most of the time

As for the mouth kissing..I'm actually pretty sure I would kiss my parents goodnight on the lips growing up but as an adult I can't bring myself to allow my son to do that. I'll kiss him all over his face but just not the lips. And the kid licking his mom was 7 and she licked him back...it was very uncomfortable to watch lol along with many other strange behaviors from them 
  • OK, I'm going to say something that might not be popular, but here goes.  I've been on other active online forums (not pregnancy-related, honestly they've mostly been motorcycle-related) and this is the first forum where people are discouraged from posting "one-off" threads.  Everything is shafted into the "Great Questions" thread.  I feel like this makes the board overall lose some of its life and interest.  I really don't see these threads as causing clutter any more or less than the current threads we have "scheduled."

If people aren't interested or don't reply to a one-off, the thread will just naturally migrate off the page, no big deal.  One possible solution would be to have a couple more pinned discussions for some of the favorite scheduled-typed threads, and then to be able to open the rest of the space up to anything people wish to put out there.

Anyway, I figure it's probably too late to change board rules at this point, just wanted to add my 2¢.
  • gumby22cgumby22c member
    edited July 2019
    I'll agree with you @mimigarden. I play by the bump rules, but I honestly like 1 off threads. It's so much easier to find a topic/answer that's been asked before. I don't see any problem with them cluttering the board and hate everything being lumped into one giant thread. 

Some of the rules around this forum are why I think its so dead sometimes 🤷‍♀️ I've left several times over the years and gone to other forums because the way things are done here drive me crazy sometimes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mimigarden On my BMB in Sept 2011 there really weren't any rules like that so it took some getting used to for me. I don't really have a strong opinion either way on the matter but things are definitely more quiet here than back then.
  • @ABabyMarshall I could send you tons of articles supporting that intelligent people with great vocabulary use swear words frequently. I send them to my mom any time she questions my mouth. I do have to be cautious about my mouth in front of my kiddo. She mimics me so much and sounds like a mini version of me. Im apparently very expressive in tone and body language when I swear.

I like random one off posts a lot. I havent even checked the great question threas because I find it overwhelming to follow. It would be easier if like we said previously we could do subthreads to follow questions.
  • I like the no one off post rule mainly because in the first trimester we would be over run with them. This board is ours to do as we freely choose within the TOU. So if the majority wants them, we can stop limiting them. I’m still going to throw snark out on the ridiculous ones though. Just FYI, those that like drama can join me if you want. 😂

As for why TB is dead, it died years ago when the admin started cracking down on everything. There used to be so much snark and the threads were fun to follow and they would go on for PAGES! Then all the regs got the ban hammer and they started their own forum. Which ended up blowing up later. 

I guess I’m in the minority with the kissing your kids on the mouth. I don’t nor would I ever allow licking. That is crossing a gross disgusting line. We just give pecks. 
  • blg116blg116 member
    @runningfortwo81 @ABabyMarshall @purplefan1 can I join y'all in the bad mouth club? I'm constantly double checking what I post to make sure my language or snark hasn't slipped in
  • Words are words and I celebrate them all!!
  • @angieeeeee yasss bitch*

*Used endearingly  

• blg116blg116 member
    edited July 2019
    @ABabyMarshall bitch is my favorite term of endearment 
  • I swear a fair amount too. Sometimes an explitive is the right word for the job. 

I used to find it weird when parents kissed their kids on their mouth, we never did growing up. However, my son likes to kiss me on the lips and I am fine with it (he is almost 3). I imagine that there is an age at which it will naturally transition away.  It was surprising, but rather endearing when he started it, and I was happy he was closing his mouth and not accidentally head butting me.  Kissing is harder to master than I ever thought, LOL.
  • edited July 2019
    I don’t usually use profanity. I used to years ago but then I stopped because I don’t like using profanity around my kids. I don’t even say words like stupid or anything similar because I don’t want my kids saying it. 

When I get really mad though, it all comes out and then I have to get it reeled back in. 

Edit: fix autocorrect. 
  • Just getting caught up from a week ago.  

@purplefan1 & @emeraldcity1214  - I am a huge BB fan so I am glad to see there are others.  Love all the drama and strategy of it.  I am not caught up though since i have to watch with my husband and he is busy at work these days.

I think I agree about the 1-off posts, but I do enjoy the fact that the board is not overly cluttered too so I am in the middle about it.  My first BMB group was a lot of one-offs so it was hard to feel part of a group and which I do feel there is a core of familiar people here.  But I do think we probably scare a lot of people away with the rules.

I am a non-swearer but it is mostly because my kids repeat everything, I used to swear like a sailor in college. My mother was not pleased. That being said, when I do swear people know I am BEYOND pissed.

UO - I hate shopping and truly don't understand when people spend money on things they don't need. Some of my family members drive me crazy with complaining about money problems but then going out whenever there is a sale.  Um...I can help save you money.  I am a former accountant though so that probably plays a large part in that.