Trouble TTC
Options

TTTC Check-in: 07/01/2019

edited July 2019 in Trouble TTC
Hello ladies! Happy Canada Day to the Canadians in the group and a future happy Fourth of July to the Americans! 

As always, please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. 

QOTW: If you could eliminate one thing from your daily routine, what would it be and why?  

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone 

PAGING:

@aeb1116: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
@allisona66: dx: waiting for testing
@amac2313: dx: unknown Rx: Clomid
@Asampson87: dx: unexplained + MFI  Rx: metformin + testing
@Bgreenfield10: dx: anovulatory PCOS, LPD Rx: Clomid + trigger
@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing
@BenJay: Dx: PCOS/unexplained Rx. Metformin + supplements
@beec2421: dx: PCOS, hypothyroidism Rx: metformin, synthroid, clomid
@bbtobumpie - dx: irregular cycles, in testing. Rx: pending.
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@ChristenMA83 : dx: MFI Rx: IVF w/ISCI
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid
@courtneyh2013: dx: MFI Rx: IUI + clomid
@drewsdarlin: dx: RPL, PCOS, Hashimotos, low vitamin D and Iron RX: ?
@echocharlietango: dx: Unexplained Rx: trying naturally
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@emmasemm: dx: DOR & autoimmune Rx: IVF
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin
@floridanursegirl: dx: unexplained anovulation Rx:Metformin, IUI+Femara+trigger
@fluffybookworm: dx: Anovulation + insulin resistance Rx: Metformin + prometrium + testing
@hannahlce: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin + letrozole
@Happyin14: dx: unexplained, RPL Rx: IVF
@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IVF
@jrm_14: dx: Adrenal/overian insufficiency, Borderline-low AMH, Low progesterone Rx: IUI w/ injectables.
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@kgabhart: dx: Unexplained/PCOS  Rx: letrozole + IUI
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@Knottie1467155066: dx: unknown Rx: letrozole + trigger + TI
@kls2016 - dx: in testing. Rx: pending.
@ladystout08: dx: unknown Rx: waiting for testing
@leafyarch: dx: MFI, no thyroid Rx: IVF
@linz36: dx: Low AFC, MFI  Rx: testing/IUI
@manhattanmama2: dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
@mirabelle33: dx: endometriosis/endometrioma, DOR, AMA, Rx: IVF
@meganttc3: dx: PCOS, unexplained Rx: waiting to test
@mrsjcrane: dx: unexplained Rx: femara + trigger + TI + 2nd HCG booster
@mighty-mouse: dx:pcos & HA Rx: provera/letrozole + trigger
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@MicahDahn: Dx: irregular cycles Rx: preparing for testing
@moloninge Dx:PCOS, hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, fibroids. Rx:Metformin,Synthroid,IUI w/letrozole, ovidrel, and progesterone.
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@nurseerin2012: dx: unexplained Rx: letrozole + IUI
@oklahomak: dx: PCOS Rx: metformin/letrozole/estradiol/progesterone+ trigger
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@rmarble23: dx: MFI Rx: IVF
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@serownarain: dx: in testing
@sarahven dx:anovulation and PCOS. Rx: femara
@sincethelastday -  Dx: irregular cycles/mild MFI Rx: IUI 
@sailorariel - dx: fibroids. Rx: fibroid removal surgery.
@wishing-and-hoping: dx: unexplained rx: poss. IVF

@chiblackhawkie - rx: IUI 

@cigaline dx: unexplained/MFI rx: IUI

@Knottie1458606415  - Dx: unexplained and MFI  rx: Letrozole + trigger + TI 

@estherjvb - Dx: endometriosis Rx: Lupron

@nancinator - Dx: unexplained  Rx: IVF

@ladyava - Dx: PCOS

@cat765_8 - Dx: endometriosis, fibroids, adenomyosis Rx: TI 

@blackrose-9 - Dx: PCOS Rx: Femara

@hithertorue - Dx: Low AMH/MFI Rx: IUI         

@2dogsmom - Dx: ovulation dysfunction Rx: Clomid 

@sara_tory: Dx: PCOS, endometriosis, adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

@ase33 - Dx: PCOS, complex endometrial hyperplasia, amenorrhea Rx: Femara + TI

@littleredm - Dx: endometriosis/unexplained Rx: IVF

@optimism3 - Dx: endometriosis, Hashi’s, possibly adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

@olivklau - Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

@knockupthestock - Dx: PCOS Rx: Letrozole, dexa, Clomid, trigger, progesterone, and TI.

NEWCOMERS:To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your treatment plan?   

Re: TTTC Check-in: 07/01/2019

• Options
    Happy July all! Hope this month is successful for us all!! 

@hithertorue any news on beta? Been thinking about you and crossing fingers. 

@sincethelastday hope TWW is going well... getting closer and closer. 

AFM: just in wait mode this week. Follicle check on Friday will help decide next steps but hopefully trigger shot sometime next week.

QOTW: At the risk of sounding pathetic, I would love to get rid of the morning OPK test. I’m supposed to do first urine and it ultimately ends up waking me up so I don’t fall back asleep and I don’t get to enjoy sleeping in.   Plus the whole emotional factor, but honestly if I could switch it to bedtime it would really help LOL. 
  • Options
    @sincethelastday happy Canada Day to you. If it’s not to much trouble, can you change my rx to IVF? ;) thanks 

@2dogsmom hope you get a big follie x 

@optimism3 so happy for you ! ❤️

Just popping in to report that I had my egg retrieval this morning! The 9 days of stimulation injections were fine. I started to get bloated near the end but not that bad. However after the egg retrieval, I felt super crampy. Hopefully the soreness will subside soon but I am happy to report they retrieved 35 eggs and tomorrow I’ll find out how many are mature and how many fertilized 😬

How is everyone else doing? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @2dogsmom - saw your last post about getting AF. So sorry! I hate getting long cycles like that because it totally raises the hope! Good luck though at your follicle check on Friday. Hope you get some nice, big follies! Totally with you on wanting to get rid of the OPK test altogether! I don’t even want to imagine how many cups I’ve peed in over the years. My clinic asks for the second urine of the day which comes with its own complications, but I remember doing the first urine previously, and yeah, it sucks! 

@nancinator - wow!! 35 eggs sounds wonderful!! Fingers crossed that a bunch of them get fertilized and develop nicely! Sorry to hear you experienced quite a bit of cramping, but hope you’re feeling better now. Keep us updated!! Also, changed your RX to IVF :smile:

@knockupthestock - sorry to hear that things have been rough lately what with getting BFN, the cyst, and your MIL’s comments! Totally been where you have been with crying randomly at how frustrating my body is and how it’s not working. Logically, I know this isn’t true, but IF has really made me feel less of a woman sometimes just because I can’t get pregnant. Again, I don’t actually believe this mentally, but emotionally I can’t help but feel that way sometimes. And your MIL’s comments!! Ugh, I would be pissed off to say the least. Good for you and your husband for speaking up! My MIL has also said not the most supportive things in the past and it takes a lot sometimes to remain calm in situations like that. 

@chiblackhawkie - congrats on getting a job!! What a relief that that’s one less thing to focus on now! Have you heard back from the new clinic? Hope you don’t have to wait long to be seen to get a better sense of how they do things there and an estimated timeline for IVF. 

@inthewoods23 - if you’re lurking, hope the BC is going well and that you’ve been enjoying the summer with no active treatment going on right now. 

@hithertorue - thinking of you!! Really hope you got good news at your beta!!!

@sara_tory - glad to hear your dad sounds like he’s doing better and not in as much pain. Hope he continues to make a full recovery! Glad to hear you’ve had a nice “break” month this time around! 

QOTW: I would be happy to never have to iron work clothes again. I just don’t like ironing; it’s not one of my favorite “chores.”

AFM: I was off work last week and also this week, so I’ve just been enjoying the fabulous weather we’ve been having lately and doing a bunch of outdoor activities. Which has been good because it’s distracted me from the TWW. I have my beta first thing in the morning on Friday and I can’t help but be hopeful again. Similar to you @2dogsmom, I was experiencing some pretty severe nausea a couple of days ago and my first thought was, “Oh, maybe this is early morning sickness!” However, I haven’t experienced it since and have had no other symptoms, so trying to not get too hopeful. AF would also be due on Friday so we’ll see what happens. 
  • Options
    Hey everyone, I had a pretty downer week last week so was just taking some time to switch off and breathe. Did check in and try to keep up with everyone though.

@sincethelastday - I hope you don't mind I am capitalizing on your hard work and using your post as the bones for mine to respond to everyone Haha!  <3 Glad that your TWW is going well thus far! Hope you have any easy last few days leading up to your beta test!

@2dogsmom - good luck on Friday -- we might be on a similar timeline for trigger. I'm not really sure if my clinic will trigger on a Friday or not...

@nancinator - glad to hear your ER went well. Hope the cramping has gone away now. 35 eggs!! That is amazing! I cannot even imagine having that many follies showing. I think the most immature ones I've had showing in an US is 16... but maybe that's bc of my elevated AMH....

@knockupthestock - I was super frustrated for you when I read your post about your MIL comments! People being insensitive has to be my biggest pet peeve. Especially when they should know better!! 

@chiblackhawkie - big congratulations to you! Woohoo.

@sara_tory - hoping your dad continues to get better.  

QOTW: Vacuuming!! We have a shepherd-malamute and she is blowing out her undercoat right now...still....continuously. I don't know how she isn't bald right now. I vacuum once a day. Sometimes more just to get the rolling hair balls from the edges of stairs etc..

AFM: Beta was negative. As anticipated. I pushed for them to let me do my day 3 a bit early technically bc i had cramping and my flow started Wednesday but wasn't heavy til Thursday. So they would have said day 3 was Saturday but I just didn't want our weekend messed up bc of this. So they agreed Friday would be fine to count as day 3 which meant I could have the first appointment friday morning and start letrozole friday. Then pushed back my second appointment to this morning so I got our Canada Day long weekend "off" which was nice and needed!

I had a 1.9 cyst at the day 3 ultrasound that almost hung us up for the cycle but the doctor reviewed and said it was fine to proceed.

As of this morning's scans the cyst wasn't even showing. I have 4 follies on right side with one 1.2, and 8 follies on left side with two: 1.2 & 1.0.

I am starting to feel a bit hopeful again. I was just so bitter last week after the BFN that we did 2 cycles and if it wasn't going to work why were we wasting time and not doing IVF. But luckily that "mood" passed and feeling better after a quiet weekend and nice weather.

Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • Options
    hithertorue said: 
    I am starting to feel a bit hopeful again. I was just so bitter last week after the BFN that we did 2 cycles and if it wasn't going to work why were we wasting time and not doing IVF. But luckily that "mood" passed and feeling better after a quiet weekend and nice weather.
    This is why IF is so tough!! Hang in there. I'm constantly up & down as well. I feel hopeful and excited and then moody and resentful. 

I was off work last week and also this week, so I’ve just been enjoying the fabulous weather we’ve been having lately and doing a bunch of outdoor activities. Which has been good because it’s distracted me from the TWW. I have my beta first thing in the morning on Friday and I can’t help but be hopeful again. Similar to you @2dogsmom, I was experiencing some pretty severe nausea a couple of days ago and my first thought was, “Oh, maybe this is early morning sickness!” However, I haven’t experienced it since and have had no other symptoms, so trying to not get too hopeful. AF would also be due on Friday so we’ll see what happens. 
    The weather has been brilliant here too. Really hope you get good news on Friday!! <3  

Nurse called today and told me out of 35 eggs retrieved, 26 were mature and 20 fertilized. On Monday I'll find out how many will be frozen. I was feeling great today and didn't even need pain killers but now I'm having pain on my right ovary - which is also the ovary that felt sore during stimulation injections. Hope it goes away because it f#$#@% hurts!
  • Options
    @nancinator 20 eggs sounds great! Do you have a transfer scheduled? FX that all 20 continue to mature and grow.  Sorry to hear about pain, I hope it’s only temporary! 

@sincethelastday hope you’ve been able to relax and not think too much about TWW. We are almost to Friday. 

@hithertorue those ups and downs are so hard. I was totally there a week ago when I got my hopes up only to get let down again. I find I’m pretty calm at the beginning of each treatment cycle but then when it doesn’t work I always wonder why am I doing this and spending all this money?!  I hope this cycle will be the magic one for you!! Sounds like you have several follies with good potential FX!! 
  • Options
    Afternoon ladies 🙂 just thought I would check in.

BC is quite boring lol but it's going. I was in a panic earlier today because I usually take it around lunch time and could NOT find it in my purse or backpack at work. I was trying to remember where I was when I took it yesterday. Remembered that my purse was wide open when I tossed it in my passenger seat where it ended up kinda sideways and thought maybe it fell out of my purse in my car. After some searching I found it laying on the floor in the back. Phew!

I have no idea how screwed up things would be if I messed up taking BC. So all's good.

Hope everyone else is doing well and I hope you get some good news soon! I'm on vacation after today through next week so you might not hear from me for a while but I'll check in again if I have time and remember 🙂
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    Thanks for the support ladies, you rock!! 

@nancinator - 20 is great! Lots to progress along. Hope the next appointment is just as great! Any better for pain? Hope so.

@inthewoods23 - that would scare me too!! Glad it all worked out. Enjoy your holidays and check in if you feel like it! :)

I had a bit of an annoyance again with my nursing team. They had pushed back my day 6 US to day 7 so I could enjoy my weekend. Which was amazing. Except I noticed the other night that they pushed my day 9 US to day 10 as if i were on a shifted cycle. Except i wasn't. So based on last cycles I've only done 4 FSH injections and that would have meant 5... not right. So I called, left a vm. They called back extremely thankful bc that would have been a problem. I just got so ticked bc I am sure not everyone is that vigilant and/or knows what's going on. They should be the ones catching something like that, not me. So frustrating. Anyway, no harm done, I went for a day 9 appointment today and follies are growing but more slowly than in past 2 cycles so I have to continue injections and continue monitoring every day now until they are closer.

I wondered maybe because I've got a 4th maturing now that it's slowed the others down. 1.5, 1.3 on one side and 1.5, 1.3 on the other side.

Hoping I don't have to go on with injections for too much longer.
    Me: 36 DH: 37 // Married: 2015 // TTC#1 Since: 2017 // PAWrents to 2 dogs: 6 yo female shepherd-malamute & 1 yo male weim/heeler mix // Dx: Unexplained endometriosis & adenomyosis 12/2020 // Rx: 2019: IUIx6 & IVF Retrieval Result: Abnormal/High Mosaic Laparoscopy/Excision - Surgery Sep 2021, Round #2 IVF Retrieval with new clinic - 2022
  • Options
    Updating to add, triggering tonight for IUI Sunday morning. Today's scans showed 1.7, 1.5, 1.4 and 1.3. I'm sure this is a bit early to trigger but saves the risk of having 3 mature.

The speed of the IUI keeps catching me off guard! Seems like the first part of the cycles just fly by and then back into TWW mode.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

It's date night/golf night tonight!  <3 TGIF!
  • Options
    @hithertorue - very good luck for your IUI this Sunday!! Totally know what you mean with feeling like those first couple of weeks fly right on by and then the TWW slogs on like time is standing still. Will be thinking of you during your waiting period and hope your date night golf night is a lot of fun! 

@inthewoods23 - phew! Glad you found your BC! The panic that sets in when you lose something like that is horrible! I once thought I had lost some blood work requisition paperwork once when I was going to the lab to get BW and it was not a good moment. Have an amazing week off! (I’m back to work on Monday and already feeling the blues of the end of vacation).

@2dogsmom - thanks for the kind words! How did your follicle check go today? 

@nancinator - hope your pain on your one side has gone away or at least lessened! Those are amazing numbers from your retrieval!! Hope you find moments of peace during your weekend before Monday when you find out how many will be frozen. Will be thinking of you! 

AFM: I caved in and did a HPT yesterday evening before my beta today. It was a positive. I’m still feeling quite shocked and in disbelief. I’d been feeling quite low the past couple of months with reflecting back on these past years of infertility, so seeing that positive was crazy to say the least. I got my blood work back today and it confirmed that it is indeed positive. I have my first US on July 22nd. 

I can’t begin to describe how incredibly grateful I am to all you ladies who have provided me with such support, tips, a venting space, and just overall comradeship through the awful experience of infertility. This board has been such a life saver in many ways! I’m overwhelmed with how incredibly unfair infertility is; why should I get a BFP at this time and not everyone else on this board? I only wish and pray that you all will get your BFP very soon - you all deserve it so, so much!!  <3<3 

I’m happy to continue starting the weekly thread each week for the next little while, but totally understand if someone else would like to take it up. I plan to linger a bit until I graduate from my RE if that’s okay (I don’t think I’ll be able to relax totally until I’m out of the first trimester). I’m rooting for you all!!! 

• Options
    @sincethelastday your news made my day! I'm so happy for you....truly. And it gives me hope.  I really do hope you'll stay (& start threads) for at least a bit.  I don't love that when people finally get the bfp they vanish, even though I totally understand where they feel awkward. Please keep us updated! 
  • Options
    @sincethelastday
    wowwww!!! So happy for you lady xoxo 💋 Keep us updated!!! 
  • Options
    @sincethelastday that's awesome!!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options

@sincethelastday soooooo happy for you!! You're giving me some hope for this cycle now too. I would love if you'd stick around for a little bit! Hope that you've got smooth sailing from here on out. Here for you if you still need to vent. I imagine the initial stages of BFP would be emotional and stressful. Different kind of waiting game.

• Options
    Thank you so much, ladies, for the very kind words and support! When I read your messages I was at a friends gathering yesterday evening and felt really out of place. But reading those messages made me feel like, “Yes, these are my people!” It’s crazy how I feel closer to the women on here than some friends, and we’ve never even met! 
  • Options
    **lurking again**

@sincethelastday

So many congrats! I hope you have nothing but easy waters for the coming 9m!
  • Options
    @sincethelastday Congratulations!!!! So absolutely thrilled for you. Have been thinking of you and wondering what the outcome of your beta was and when I saw your message in PAIF I was so excited 😊 (Btw, I sent you a pm a while back but I don’t think you’ve seen it...)

@optimism3 been thinking of you and wanting to send you congrats too, but see you haven’t left any recent updates so I just hope all is ok and that we’ll see you in PAIF soon...

@2dogsmom sorry if I’m one of the people who ‘vanished’ after their BFP.... it’s true that it’s in part feeling uncertain about how much people in TTTC really want to hear about pregnancy (I’m sure you don’t want to hear me moaning about nausea when I know you’d all gladly swap!) but also, for me, mainly the fact that I’ve been struggling a lot with motivation recently and even simple things like replying to messages take an abnormal amount of effort. I haven’t contributed much to PAIF yet because of that reason.

But I promise you all that I haven’t really disappeared - I’ve been reading your messages and cheering you all on from the sidelines! I said a while back that I felt like I’d come out of a tunnel with IF and the world looked different... well I think it would be more accurate to say that I swiftly went back into another tunnel, the ‘first trimester tunnel’ where everything looks nice outside but you feel like you’re just going through the motions to get through it. Not wanting to complain of course, but I don’t think I anticipated quite how hard it would be in the early weeks or how useless I’d feel after days of sitting on the sofa allowing all the household chores to pile up around me. DH has been a star looking after me and getting food etc, but he’s also swamped with work (he took on a management role in May and is doing even longer hours) so I can’t possibly expect him to take on everything I used to do. 

Anyway, I just wanted to share that with you all so hopefully you won’t feel as unprepared as I did for what feels like an eternity of being not quite right. Maybe you’ll be one of those people who breeze through the first trimester, but if you set your expectations low and anticipate a good 2 months of not getting much done on your to do list, hopefully you won’t feel as bad about it as I did 😀

In terms of concrete news, we had a first US 2 weeks ago and (as I’d sort of expected) we saw 2 embryos, one right on schedule (phew) and a second much smaller without a detectable heartbeat. So we’re going back this Wed to find out whether no 2 is still growing or not. I feel pretty calm about it all and ready to accept whatever the outcome is, but do feel a bit guilty when I tend to think of baby in the singular, as though I’ve assumed a negative outcome for no.2. Assuming you’d all like to know, I’ll keep you posted when we know more!
  • Options
    @cigaline happy to get an update from you!! I don’t mean to sound like I’m complaining about people vanishing, it’s just while success stories from random people “oh my sister’s friend had something like that but she got pregnant” don’t really help me, it’s nice to know people on here achieved success and I like hearing how it’s going. I also don’t like the idea that people wouldn’t feel welcome here after a bfp because anyone who has gone through IF can understand and still be a great support system & still get support. 

Anyway sorry to hear you’ve felt so ill from it, I have a feeling that will be me too based on what I can gather. Definitely keep us updated, and I hope you feel better soon.