Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing/Treatment w/o 7/8

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: what is something you want to do before summer is over?
**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

Re: IF Testing/Treatment w/o 7/8

• @chichiphin I hope your appointment goes great!! Fingers crossed for all the stars to align & for this IUI to be successful! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @hanshotfirst77 I am so glad you have a plan in place. I hope your bloodwork comes back with low levels so you can get started. 💜 
  • @chichiphin good luck at the monitoring appt and I hope the follicles showed nice growth with a good lining!  I always brought my trigger shot to the doctor just in case and was lucky enough that the nurse was able to do it for me 😊

@emeraldduchess I was also excited to see a more detailed look at my uterus and tubes! Good luck with the testing this week!

@hanshotfirst77 hopefully you’ll be on the lower end of BC time.  But it’s also exciting to have a plan for IVF and moving forward with it!

• @mokay19 Good luck with the hysteroscopy! I've never had one so I have no advice but I hope it goes well.

@jennifer_louise I hope you can get your Saline Sono soon. I will be going for mine in a few weeks hopefully too. The milestones are so hard. Sending you big hugs <3

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Diagnosis (if you've been): PCOS

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Metformin, Femara CD3-7, and bloodwork on CD21. This is our last cycle with the OB, we have an appt. with an RE scheduled for August 15th.

How are things going?: Pretty good...excited to meet with the RE and get a plan of action if we don’t get KU this cycle. 

Any questions?: Will probably have a ton after we meet with the RE, but none for now. 

GTKY: what is something you want to do before summer is over? We are planning a beach trip for late September, so just anxiously awaiting that! 

@chichiphin I hope your scan goes well today and you have some good follies! Is this your first IUI cycle? 

@emeraldduchess good luck with the SA and saline US this week! What exactly is the Saline US? I’ve seen HSG and SHG (I think) and don’t really understand the difference in those 2...is the saline something different from both of those or is it the SHG? 

@hanshotfirst77 I’ve seen you post about your journey, and I’m so sorry it has been so drawn out...that’s wonderful that it finally seems to be over! That’s exciting you have a plan for IVF, hopefully the BC periods will fly by! 
  • @mokay19. Recovery was not bad, from what I remember, once the fuzzies wore off from the anaesthesia.  Just a bit of cramping/ spotting..  you're going to do great! ;)

@hanshotfirst77  I'm so glad things are starting to turn a corner and look a little brighter for you.  Hey, maybe we'll get to be transfer buddies!!! ❤

@chichiphin. GL today!!!!  Hope your iui goes textbook perfectly for you :)

@jennifer_louise. I'm sorry the year mark is hitting you hard.  (((hugs)))  scheduling I feel like turns into one of the hardest parts of the whole treatment process. Fx you get the SHG in next cycle... OR BETTER YET, IT'S NOT NEEDED!!! ;)

@bluetickgal. Fx this last cycle with the Ob is it for you!  I'm glad having a plan to see the RE can give you a little peace for now.
  • @BusinessWife I would love to be transfer buddies! <3

@bluetickgal Thank you, and Good luck to you, hopefully this will be it for you and you don't need the RE. But I'm glad you have it in case you do. Having a plan always make me feel a little more at peace too.

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @bobbyflies2020 no, I had a saline sonogram show some “unusual tissue” so we’re going to investigate further. I’m not sure, but I don’t think a hysteroscopy would correlate to PCOS since it’s looking at the uterine lining. I’ve had a couple losses so the RE wants to see if it’s something going on inside my uterus. 

@misshelen86 are you saying they have a wait until October for just a regular internal ultrasound? Because that seems ridiculous... unless that’s the wait to be seen by a new doctor. Seems long. 

@inthewoods23 are you on BC until the transfer in September ish?

@chichiphin that’s a good follicle and lining! Glad you have the IUI scheduled to bypass the CM!
  • @misshelen86 Wow October? Is that just a normal U/S, that wait time does seem unusually long.

@inthewoods23 It seems like the BC times can vary based on doctor and protocol. But also for me, the first 3 weeks of BC are because of my loss and not wanting to rely on my period (PCOS, when unmediated my AF can take forever or not at all). So RE wants to give my ute some time to chill. The second round of BC is more for the IVF reasons, and my nurse was pretty sure it might be on the lower end since I would have been on it for so long already but I always end up being on the shitty end of statistics so I'm not counting on it or anything lol. But here's to hoping! Fx for your FET in Sept!

@bobbyflies2020 Fx for your saline sono tomorrow! Hope all is well!

TTC#1 - March 2013

TTC#2 November 2015

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @inthewoods23 FX for your FET! Glad you got your supplements all sorted out.

@bobbyflies2020 GL with the u/s! That sucks that you have to go to all the appointments alone, although I understand why they have that rule!

@mokay19 and @hanshotfirst77 Yes this is just a baseline regular internal ultrasound. My Dr wanted me to get this before being referred to an RE. 
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @inthewoods23 enjoy your vacation!!! I also want you to have a successful FET this summer :) 
    @misshelen86 yuck - october! do you know for certain if a consult visit to an RE requires an OB referral after calling your insurance? 
    @ruby696 I'm anxiously awaiting your IVF as well lol. Maybe a short camping trip is in order once you have an IVF schedule!

**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @b_1029 nope not TMI! we have to have sex the day before, and then they basically do everything they'd do for a PAP smear... but just swab with a q tip thing and then look under a microscope to see how the sperm are doing near your cervix. Mine was "poor" because the sperm were basically dead and not moving even though I'm very close to ovulating :(
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• b_1029b_1029 member
    @chichiphin huh interesting. I would be curious to know if our RE would consider doing that test, definitely something I could ask at the appt next week.  Sorry about the poor lil guys but I’m glad you’re bypassing the issue with the IUI! 
  • @b_1029 I think there is some controversy on what a PCT actually shows... but if you don't have major MFI issues, and you're ovulating yet sperm are dying at your cervix, it seems to make sense to know this before deciding between TI and IUI! I also don't think its a massively expensive test to do, especially if you're already there for an ultrasound and bloodwork. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• bluetickgalbluetickgal member
    edited July 2019
    @b_1029 yes, this will be our first visit. Got the welcome packet in the mail last week, and spent probably an hour yesterday filling out all the forms! I’m anxious to see what they will want to do, I’m guessing a SA & HSG (the forms asked if we had already had those and we haven’t). I’ll probably be past mid-cycle at the time of our appointment, so I’m guessing I’ll at least have to wait for the HSG. I don’t know if I’ll ovulate on Metformin alone though, and I don’t think the OB is planning to give me another round of Femara, so I guess it’s just a wait and see game! We are both planners, so I think we will have some peace of mind once we go to the initial eval and see what the next steps are! I’m sorry you have been down, IF is so hard and I definitely get it being a dark shadow! Hopefully you will have a good RE appointment next week and get a plan of action as well! Was your initial eval mostly just getting to know the RE and asking/answering questions? 

Edited because tag didn’t work.
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    @bluetickgal oooo the paperwork- fun! Have you had any bloodwork yet? The SA and HSG were the next steps for us. I understand having peace of mind after making a plan- I’m def a planner too! Yep, that pretty much sums up my first appt. We went over everything that was covered in the paperwork, I asked some questions, and got a general idea of a plan. However she benched us because DH had gone to Cuba the month before, so I haven’t had any contact with her or appts since then. 
  • @b_1029 oh yeah, I’m just glad they sent it ahead of time so I could get it done at home! I did bloodwork with the OB to confirm PCOS, but nothing since other than progesterone/HCG tests. I marked yes for doing all the recommended tests with the RE, so I’m guessing they will do blood draws that first visit for those? Thanks for the insight on the first appt. That stinks you got benched, but glad that’s almost over! Had you been on letrozole before? It has worked to make me ovulate, where Clomid did not (although I was only on the lowest dose). My RE’s website only mentions Clomid, but I’m hoping he will continue femara/letrozole since it works for me!
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited July 2019
    @b_1029 I hope you have a nice trip with your family. It’s hard to try to focus on anything else besides TTC. 
    @inthewoods23 How is your vacation going? I think what you’re talking about is Seasonique. My doc wanted to put me on it due to heavy bleeding and I declined, choosing to stay on my BC but skipping placebos. You’re right about not needing AF for any medical reason. 
    @misshelen86 October is a long wait! Can you go elsewhere? It drives me nuts since they only take a few minutes! No, my hair is falling out due to the hormone drop. *TW loss mentioned* It also happened with my first miscarriage and PP. */TW*
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @mokay19 I'm on BC now through the 16th, then I start it up again a week later on the.... 23rd? Something like that. I start Lupron again on 8/8.

Also, I'm gonna be real POed if the lupron isn't covered now. It required pre-approval which thankfully got worked out this morning with the nurse (my cell reception is spotty) but I got a call from our prescription insurance saying they've denied it! So what does this mean? I have to pay full price?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 call the prescription insurance and ask specifically why. It may be something stupid like needing to write a certain number of days worth of lupron etc. hopefully someone gives you answers
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin yeah I plan on doing that tomorrow morning. Their voicemail said they would be sending a letter with an explanation as well as how to appeal if I feel I need to. I'm not going to see the letter until I get home so I'll call. Thankfully I don't need this until next month so even if I don't take care of it until I get back it's not a problem to push out when the meds get delivered.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @begging4abump your office should provide you with actual numbers. YH could call and say he wants to share them with his primary physician after he sees them. Doc offices can't withhold test results like that. 
    @mokay19 I'm glad they provided you the results for your own comparisons! 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18