Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Weekend 7.6-7.7

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Weekend 7.6-7.7

• Loading the player...
  • @ejoseph16 I'm so glad that you had such a nice day with your H yesterday! That's awesome about being a step closer to you dream house. :)

@b_1029 all the happy thoughts to your friend today for a beautiful wedding!  And that's so sweet of your dh to get you coffee.  I'm going to teach my DH how to make tea for me...maybe he'll get the hint and bring some to me in bed one morning like I do for him with coffee. ;)

@misshelen86 hooray for having the weekend off!  I hope you can get everything ready for your trip so that you're not rushing around at the last minute. Can I ask where you're going? 
  • @b_1029 so fun to have good morning wake ups 😉 I have to be in the right mood to clean... hope you can find that motivation! Enjoy the wedding! 

@misshelen86 sounds like a good, productive day ahead! 

@emeraldduchess glad you got someone on the phone! Hopefully they can figure out what’s going on so you can get your rainbow! 
  • @emeraldduchess Glad to hear your initial testing looks good so far. Hope you’re feeling better today!

@emeraldduchess @puppylove8910 We are going CT/NYC for a week! 

@puppylove8910 Yay for O! Nice temp rise.

@keikilove That parade sounds amazing!

@sevenn Yay for a day off. I don’t use fertilaid or vitex but I think you can pretty much start supplements whenever unless they are meant to be used only on certain days? 
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @bluetickgal that’s cool that you’re kind of keeping your parents/in-laws out of it for now. We did that, then after our MC I find it more taxing on everyone. They all ask every few days. Ugh. Keep them out as long as you can. Less pressure that way. 
  • @ejoseph16 yeah, we decided not to tell until we got pregnant, but it hasn’t been easy!  They all know kids are in the plan for us, and I’m sure they are wondering when it’s going to happen...but they have been pretty respectful, only a hint here or there. *TW, after our early loss I almost wanted to tell my mom because we are so close, but I felt like it would just be one more person worrying/stressing about it. DH is super supportive and we definitely leaned on each other a ton (and still do), which only made us stronger I think. End TW* That’s sweet that they ask, but I’m sure that does get to be a bit much when it’s hard not to think about TTC all the time as it is! 
  • @bluetickgal yeah I can see that. TW: my mom and sister both had MC’s, so I was super glad I told them about the BFP. They were my major supports at that time END TW. It’s so important to lean on each other throughout the process. That’s a great starting point! 
  • @ejoseph16, sorry to hear that they had been through that too, but I’m glad you had that support as well! I’ve talked to a couple of friends who also have PCOS and/or have struggled to get pregnant, and I hate that so many people go through this...but it does help to talk to someone that can relate firsthand.
  • @bluetickgal I totally get wanting to keep families out of it. Both of our moms have asked so many questions about the medication and my PCOS. It can be annoying and frustrating. Especially when they ask if we’ve tried all the random things they heard will totally cure PCOS. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @mercury94 yeah, it’s made the most sense for us...they would mean well, but I think they would have lots of questions/comments if they knew everything we’ve been dealing with. I could see where that would be a bit much with your mom’s asking so many questions, even if they are just trying to be helpful! PCOS is so weird though, and it’s crazy how many women it affects! Had you known before you were TTC that you had it? I had always had irregular/non-existent periods, but never knew what exactly was wrong with me. I had gone to the doctor over 10 years ago, and they basically told me it wasn’t a big deal that I was irregular unless I wanted to get pregnant, and just offered to put me on birth control. They never mentioned PCOS or anything else that it could be. I didn’t get the diagnosis until last year, and it was crazy to realize how many different issues I had that were related to PCOS! 
  • @bluetickgal I was similar. Super irregular periods until I got on the pill at 19. I found out there was probably an issue when I was with my ex and we were thinking about kids, but I wasn’t actually diagnosed. I found out my ex was cheating and went back on the pill before I started dating again. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @mercury94 ugh, glad you dodged a bullet with the ex! I always considered myself kind of lucky that I rarely had a period, but also knew deep down there was something wrong.