Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Friday 7/5

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Friday 7/5

• bows22bows22 member
    edited July 2019
    Month/Cycle: 7/8
    CD/DPO: 21/8
    Timing: EOD
    Typical LP length: 12
    Testing: not today, and tomorrow I’ll be waking up at my in-laws lake house so I’ll be able to hold off for another day 
    R/R: Had a great day yesterday but man was it hot. We were able to see some fireworks from our deck so that was nice. DH had to go into work early today so I’ve been up since 4 trying to fall back to sleep but instead I analyzed every twinge wondering if it could be my uterus “pulling.” Nope, probably just the bag of popcorn I had before bed.
    CS/Q: temps are just for practice until next cycle 

• Loading the player...
  • bows22bows22 member
    @kagesstarshroom ugh I’m sorry. I’m glad you found something though that will give you a little cash. Any word on the roommate decision?
  • @bows22 Not yet--I imagine he is shopping around trying to see if he can get a better deal closer to campus. I don't think he can--moving in w/ established peeps is ALWAYS easier than getting a new place, which I am banking on is meaningful to him. I *DO* have a few leads on copyediting/developmental editing jobs--at least one more than the one I mentioned earlier. Plus, someone is paying me $20 to look at their personal statement to med school. EVERY. LITTLE. BIT. COUNTS. And since my diss buddy cancelled on my Wed & I didn't get my bubble tea, I refuse to feel bad getting some today w/ quarters I had saved for that purpose. I REFUSE. haha. Thanks for letting me pep talk myself right here lol. Also, omg, it's really just us. I guess everyone ( who didn't graduate) is celebrating a long weekend & checked out of the dailies early?
  • shoogapoffshoogapoff member
    edited July 2019

@kagesstarshroom I have been there with the finances thing, and having to watch MH not get paid what he's worth. It's so hard, and definitely caused similar dynamics between us. I don't have any advice, but just know that I can relate. I'm glad you're still moving forward with TTC. MH actually lost his job literally the week after we finally agreed to officially start trying, and I thought it was all going to come crashing down. But our time is precious, and even if we (royal "we") get pregnant right away, there are still 9 months to get things sorted out. 

@bows22 I slept terribly last night too. The heat combined with the fact that I slept in a little yesterday just did not do me any favors. I'm exhausted at work today, but at least I have the weekend to recover!

Month/Cycle: 6

CD/DPO: 20/8 or 10

Timing: Excellent

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: Shooting for Tuesday

R/R: We don't have anything going on this weekend. I've been slowly making a new friend at work (I'm kind of terrible at making friends). I wanted to see if she wanted to hang out this weekend. (We have a tentative future hang-out with both of our husbands and another couple from work, but that's a month away.) I talked to her this morning, but chickened out on asking if she wanted to do something together, just the two of us. MH is the master of making friends, so all of our mutual friends stem from relationships he brought in. I always feel awkward initiating friend things. You'd think by the age of 35 I'd be over awkwardness! 

CS/Q: I had a temp drop today, which, if I'm 8 DPO like *I* think, could be an implantation dip? Or else my temp is just all over the place, a per usual. 

*Edited b/c i'm too tired to remember the difference between CD and DPO

• Month/Cycle:  14th month... maybe 5th cycle actually?

CD/DPO: 32/11ish

Timing: EOD basically

Typical LP length:  13

Testing: I just tested today and got a BFN so I have no accepted it wasn't it this month.

R/R: I had thought it'd be cool to say we conceived a baby while in Europe... but instead I'll be getting mentally prepared for my hysteroscopy and the IVF discussion with the doctor this month!

My Rave is that the model that's been a pain in my a$$ finally did what I wanted today and I can now move forward with my project!  And I think that sounds like a model as a person... but I'm referring to a CAD model of a casting that my company makes haha

CS/Q: nah.

@bows22 hopefully being at the lake house is a little bit of a distraction!

@kagesstarshroom sorry about all the financial stressers!  I hope that you ugys get a budget figured out that works for your life!

• Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD/DPO: 26/7

Timing: -3 to O

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: Monday (10 dpo)

R/R: 4th was amazing! Still waiting to hear back about job interview. Hoping this weekend flies by! 

CS/Q: nope. 

@shoogapoff I hate it when those dips happen! Makes you anxious lol. I had one yesterday at 6 dpo which is too early for it to mean anything, but made me think is this bad? Lol 

Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• @shoogapoff Thanks for the solidarity! Also, I remember feeling like you and I would be friends IRL from your intro, if that makes you feel any better about not being great at making friends. I think it just gets harder when you are an adult to make friends? I feel like I always think ppl have something better to do than to choose to hang out with me, so I don't want to ask? For some reason, it won't let me view your chart? It says... "Invalid Link." TB is so weird sometimes.

@mokay19 Sorry for the BFN =/ I know what you mean about having hope certain cycles bc it would be cool that you conceived in a certain situation, for sure. 

@kmornelas29 FX for you w/ the job interview. Hope you hear back good news soon.

• Hi ladies. I'm definitely late to the party today. 

@bows22 I'm sorry you're in that too early test but late enough for some maybe symptoms phase. It's a mind trip! Glad you had a nice 4th.

@kagesstarshroom wow honestly I think you're handling all that money stress like a champ. This is the kind of stuff that wears down marriages. I hope easier times are ahead for you guys. Glad you will be bringing in money soon too and I really hope the friend commits to the roommate gig very soon. Enjoy that bubble tea girl! You deserve it. Where is your chart? Not showing for me. 

@shoogapoff I'm so terrible at making friends too. I actually haven't made any friends in years despite being in desperate need haha. All the friends I've got are all old HS and college friends who I basically never get to see anymore. I hope this one ends up working out for you and that you'll work up the courage to ask for a girl date <3

@mokay glad that inanimate model did what you needed it to do lol. There's still a chance for this cycle but hey working with your doctor can only mean increasing your chances so it's still something to look forward to if this doesn't work out.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 26/12

Timing: -4,-2,-1

Typical LP length: 12-14

Testing: WFAF

R/R: Yesterday was a great day. The food was so good I came home with a belly ache. Set off our own fireworks and it was a ton of fun to see family. Things are a little bit weird with MH. I think we're ok but we're definitely working through something still. I'm looking forward to things getting back to normal soon. Weirdly though it's been the best time we've had in the bedroom in quite a while IFYKWIM. Weird how sometimes having tension sometimes improves that department.

CS/Q: Didn't take my temp again this morning. But it's CD 26 so I'm hoping AF will come tomorrow but have this feeling it going to keep me waiting. Maybe it's better until me and MH get into a better place anyway for FW.

*TW*

|MMC July 13' - 8 wks| 
    |MMC Nov. 13' - 12 wks - Turner's, natural MC| 
    |MC Mar. 14' - 4.5 wks| 
    |MMC July 14' - 11 wks - d&c|
    DD 1 Aug. 15'
    DD 2 June 17' 

• Thanks @silly_goose. You're always such an encouragement. I know that's random, but I think that a lot when I read your posts, so I thought I would say it to you!

• Thank you that put a smile on my face @shoogapoff . I try <3

*TW*

|MMC July 13' - 8 wks| 
    |MMC Nov. 13' - 12 wks - Turner's, natural MC| 
    |MC Mar. 14' - 4.5 wks| 
    |MMC July 14' - 11 wks - d&c|
    DD 1 Aug. 15'
    DD 2 June 17' 

• @silly_goose I think I just.... failed to post my chart actually! Thanks for the pep talk, I appreciate it. You're right, things will be better soon. Everything just can feel so hopeless sometimes since it's been so rough. I'm sorry things w/ you & YH are weird--but glad the BD has been excellent! You're right about there being a correlation there... hmmmm.... & here's my chart, since you asked! No oohing and aahing, yet, bc like I said... I've had too many of them look alright recently & be busts haha.
  • bows22bows22 member
    @kagesstarshroom I agree with @silly_goose that I think you handle this really well. Your posts seem like you are slightly in a panic but also have a really good attitude about it if that makes sense? 

@shoogapoff I haven’t made a new friend in probably....more than ten years? So clearly I’m bad at it too BUT I think you would be in the clear to ask her to hang out.  

@mokay19 I’m sorry for the BFN. And yes when I was reading your post and saw models I was like wow what is her job?!? So even though it’s not as glamorous I’m glad you can move to the next step of your project!

@silly_goose I’m glad to hear that you & your H are making progress. And that there is a silver lining 😉. I can’t remember if you have tested yet or not but I’m probably going to go creep on old TWW posts to see!
  • @bows22 haha yepp... definitely not real human models... I work in the engineering department at a foundry and I am the only female and the only person under the age of 50... maybe 55 haha
  • bows22bows22 member
    @mokay19 that actually sounds kind of nice. I bet you guys have zero drama 
  • @bows22 the biggest “drama” is who caught the biggest fish, golfed the best round, or got the biggest buck 😂
  • kmornelas29kmornelas29 member
    edited July 2019

Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD/DPO: 28/9

Timing: -3 to O

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: tomorrow! 

R/R: it’s been really nice having my parents move into our guest house, but I’m also really excited to have them go back to work tomorrow, so I can have the backyard to myself for the day! We just developed a routine since moving, and we just need to find our new groove again while everyone adjusts. We also had a garage sale this weekend and made some extra money, so I’m pretty happy about that! It’s hard keeping the cash flow going in the summer for two teachers! 

CS/Q: Keeping an eye out for all my POAS party ladies tomorrow. Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. I’m secretly anxious to test tomorrow, because the let down can be so heart wrenching if it’s not what you want to see.   

Oops, posted to wrong day! 

Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17