July 2019 Moms

All Check-in Week of 7/1

No one else started a check-in thread yet for this week did they??

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team:

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: What are your Fourth of July plans, this year or traditionally?

Re: All Check-in Week of 7/1

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 38w 1d 

Baby is the size of a(n): baby 

Team: pink 

Upcoming Appointments: Monday/membrane sweep 

How are you feeling?: ready for this baby to come 

Rants/Raves:  my youngest is sick and it’s breaking my heart. I swear these kids get sick so much I don’t know what to do! 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are your Fourth of July plans, this year or traditionally? We usually go to my moms house & cook out. 

• Loading the player...

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 37 Weeks 6 Days

Baby is the size of a(n): Skunk

Team: Green

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday for week 38 OB appointment

How are you feeling?: Good... but so sore and swollen. SO swollen. 

Rants/Raves:  Nothing much... its summer and I'm off work now so my mood has been high.

Questions: 

GTKY: What are your Fourth of July plans, this year or traditionally? Canadian here, we celebrated Canada Day yesterday July 1. We went to one of our main parks with family, had food from a food truck, watched my son play at playground with his cousin. In the evening we went for a walk for ice cream with the fam and it was just a nice chill summer day. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

7/7 - 39+2

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Pumpkin

Team:

Pink

Upcoming Appointments: 

OB tomorrow afternoon 

How are you feeling?: 

Very round

Rants/Raves:  

I start my maternity leave after Friday is over (unless baby comes before then). DH is being very encouraging. 

MIL is having a biopsy done as I write this. We are praying for all positive news, but she's been told that if they do find anything, it is very early stages. She's understandable quite nervous. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are your Fourth of July plans, this year or traditionally?

It's changed over the years. Lately, we've been having a big extended family family gathering with just about all my cousins, aunts, and uncles on my dad's side. We'd go to the parade, some would run the 5k, and then we'd have a cookout, play lawn games, and just hang out. 

This year, we are staying home because the little one could decide to arrive anytime! 

• CbeanzCbeanz member
    @mamanbebe Sorry to hear about the issues with your mom.  Sometimes when people offer "help" in such a backward way, it feels more harmful than helpful.  Like an expectation that you will fail.  But you are going to do a great job with BF (you have been preparing for months!) and a great job being a mom of 2.  You can't control her involvement or her decisions to visit, but you can learn from your experience and make sure you are a different kind of mom to your own kids.  
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: We'll call it 38 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Penguin

Team: Green

Upcoming Appointments: OB said he doesn't expect me to make it to my BPP Friday.  But I have a hair appointment right afterward that I would love to not have to reschedule. I get my hair done like once a year MAX so I am overdue for this.

How are you feeling?: Currently straddling chasm between needing this thing out and dreading newborn care. I generally LOVE the newborn phase but I am not sure I'm ready for the 2 hour round the clock feedings again. DH says I will feel differently once I see the baby. I am just soooo tired.

Rants/Raves:  My mom is officially here - so we have childcare for the other 3, thank God. I was so nervous about what would happen if I went into labor before today!

Questions: 

GTKY: What are your Fourth of July plans, this year or traditionally? We'll watch the parade go past our house - the kids love watching parades (probably something to do with having candy thrown at them).  Then we have a neighborhood festival with a band and family friendly games and stuff.  Not a fan of fireworks since becoming a mom, but I'm sure we'll see some at night when the kids are trying to sleep.  I also think a July 4 birthday would be really fun because kids and teenagers love fireworks!

• @cbeanz Thank you for that <3 Also, I'm so glad you're in the clear for childcare now! I hope that you have a chance to rest between now and the time baby arrives. I feel similarly of being ready for baby to come out but also dreading all of the night wake ups. 
    @keebler6elf I hope your MIL receives the best possible outcome from her biopsy <3 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 12 38 + 4

Baby is the size of a(n): spaghetti squash or baby elephant...

Team: pink

Upcoming Appointments: just had a check today (3 cm and continuing to drop)

How are you feeling?: So hot and sweaty, it's just gross. I don't tolerate heat well to begin with. I honestly didn't know my boobs could sweat this much!

Rants/Raves:  only 5 more shifts at work!  Also just about done organizing all the baby clothes and getting our guest room put back together. Unfortunately I realized I do not have enough clothes from 6 months up to the 12 month mark so looks like I will need to try and hit some more garage sales.

Questions:  anyone planning on rocking a bikini? I'm leaning towards one since my maternity swimsuit is giving me a serious wedgie now that my belly is so big

GTKY: Me and my son will hang out at the lake tomorrow with my parents and then DH will join us for dinner and fireworks. Then on the 4th we are planning to BBQ and spend the day out on the pontoon with DH's family. Then that night I'll be back home getting ready to work the weekend.

• CbeanzCbeanz member
    @tsa208 Exciting! Update us when you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • @tsa208 Good luck today!!
  • @tsa208 good luck today! I hope things continue to progress! 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/13, 38+4

Baby is the size of a(n): baby

Team: girl

Upcoming Appointments: heading to the hospital Friday morning for induction! 

How are you feeling?: good! Ready, and nervous about bringing home #3  

Rants/Raves:  another heat advisory for us today. Seems like if it’s not raining, it’s too hot to be outside. Yesterday was my last day of office work! Excited to not have to go back in for a few months! 

Questions: nope

GTKY: What are your Fourth of July plans, this year or traditionally? The week of the 4th is a busy one for us. My dad and stepmoms anniversary is the 3rd, then the 4th, and my brothers birthday is the 5th. We usually head to the beach for a few days or a week. Skipping that this year, but excited that next year we will be able to add baby’s birthday celebration to the mix! This year just cooking out at a friends house, with our other best friend who just got engaged! Can’t wait to celebrate with her and her fiancé! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 39 weeks 3 daya

Baby is the size of a(n): Pumpkin

Team: blue

Upcoming Appointments: Had one today

How are you feeling?: Disappointed, I've been waiting to have my doctor check me since my significant other is oil field and wasn't wanting to go early if he wasn't home. But they checked me today and baby is high still, no dilation or effacement. So just disappointing that there's zero progress. We may induce this weekend if possible because of his work schedule. 

Rants/Raves: just ready for this baby to come. I didn't want to induce this time. First baby I had to be and I wanted this one to be more spontaneous.

Questions: 

GTKY: What are your Fourth of July plans, this year or traditionally? We usually go to the beach all day but that will not be happening this year. Probably going to a parade and home. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: She is 8 days old today!

Baby is the size of a(n): Just under 7.5 lbs at this point.

Team: Pink:)

Upcoming Appointments: Her next doctor's appointment is Tuesday. 

How are you feeling?: Good. Pain from the RCS is virtually gone and almost all the swelling is gone too. Yay! Still swollen and bruised around the incision but a million times better than last week:)

Rants/Raves:  My mom is driving me nuts. We are living with my parents while our house is getting done (SO is in a different city for work and is taking care of his mom) so it's me, DD1, baby, and my parents. My mom is just the most negative person ever. She is constantly putting DD down and making passive aggressive or sarcastic remarks meant to make her feel bad and I've had enough of it. Problem is O can't really say anything because we are here for another 1 to 1.5 years at least. And when she's not picking at DD she is insulting my dad, or me, or SO. I'm just so done with her. I could go on but I'll stop there.

My rave is that DD2 is a dream baby. She is so so sweet and sleeps and eats like a champ. We are so so lucky!

Questions: 

GTKY: Canadian here so July 1st was Canada day. We used to go camping or to te beach for te weekend but since DD we just play it low key and spend family time together. My dad's birthday is July 4th though so we do birthday stuff with him:)

• @nolemomma14 I feel ya on the heat advisory. I'm in Tampa and it's def as if all of Florida can't catch a break 😂

@tsa208 fingers crossed your little one came!! Super exciting 😁

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Following in @Panaceia 's footsteps, DD2 is 2 weeks old today

Baby size of a(n): She was 6 lb 7 oz at her 1 week appointment

Team: Pink!

Upcoming Appointments:  We go Friday for her 2 week appointment and see if she's back to birth weight (6 lb 11 oz)

How are you feeling?: Handling 2 kids better than I thought I would, so pretty good. Had a RCS as well and the pain is definitely starting to go away which is great! I wasn't expecting this c section recovery to be easier than last but I was up and about much quicker this time.

Rants/Raves:  I don't think anyone enjoys waking up every 2-3 hours during the night, but other than that we really do have a wonderful baby :) She really only cries when she is hungry and pretty much sleeps all the time otherwise.

Questions: 

GTKY: What are your Fourth of July plans, this year or traditionally? This year we are going to do a lunch cookout with my parents and it will be the first time Grandma meets DD2. Then tonight some friends are coming over and we will do some sparklers and see if we can see any fireworks in the neighborhood!