TTC After a Loss
Options

June Randoms

Re: June Randoms

• Options
    I got my cd3 bloodwork back and everything came back in the normal range. I haven't talked to my doctor yet, so I don't know what the next step is, but I do have a question for y'all, since I'm sure DH will be testing soon, does your ob order the sa for yh or should he go to his pcp to order one?
  • Options
    My RE did that for DH
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @splashmountain my RE also ordered that, but his pcp can too if he asks for it.
  • Options
    @splashmountain How is your recovery going? 
  • Options
    Hey ladies, question for you. normally I run about 28 - 32 day cycles. I've never had spotting in between my periods (other than my third pregnancy a few days before AF was due). Since my last mc which was a d&c (first 3 were natural mc) I've had AF for about 3 days, then nothing for about 3 days then bam about 2 more days of AF. Whatever, I've chalked it up to my new normal. But today I'm on CD16, just had period like cramps and went to the bathroom and sure enough heavy spotting. More like a light period than spotting, complete with cramps and back pain (my normal pms symptoms). I'm going to call the doc tomorrow but just wondering if anyone has midcycle heavy spotting. Of course Dr Google says I'm going to die....
  • Options
    @40momma I haven't had the mid cycle bleeding, but I did/sometimes still do have the bleed 3 days then stop completely for at least a day then the freaking dam breaks and I have another 3-4days of bleeding. I did ask my doc about that and she said it can be normal, but to see her if I start having mid cycle bleeding like what you're deacribing. I hope your doc can give you some answers! Doctor google is an ass lol
  • Options
    Thanks @splashmountain I went to bed last night thinking it was just a randome spotting but woke up this morning with a full on AF. Will call the doc this morning 
  • Options
    @40momma I'm curious to hear what your doctor says. Update us, if you don't mind. I never use to spot between cycles, but how I sometimes spot as early as 3 days before AF and I've had a couple heavy bleeds like a week early. I'm afraid it's just another sign that I'm old 😕
  • Options
    I’ve had that happen with taking a day or two break and then bleeding again. 

But the times I’ve started a full flow like you’ve described on CD 16 was an an-O cycle for me. 

Hope your doctor can give you some answers or any insight to figuring out the cause. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I had my HCG levels tested in case there was any remaining tissue but it came back at 0. It's crazy how even though I knew there wasn't a chance of being ku (I'm on my darn period), but just hearing the nurse say my HCG level showed I wasn't pregnant still made me teary. Dr appt booked for Friday. 
  • Options
    @40momma I'm sorry hearing that got you down. I understand. There have been cycles where I just KNEW I was ku, and then my period started and I still took an hpt because I'm special and will be ku and the bleeding won't mean anything bad. Hugs to you and gl with your appt Friday
  • Options
    Just got off the phone with my OB, I picked up my lab results at the hospital myself a few weeks ago but I've been waiting for her to call and let me know next steps. She said DH should do SA next (which we figured was coming) and if that's good we move onto clomid. I've been lurking TTGP off and on since 2014 and one thing I've heard over the years is don't take clomid from OB, go to an RE. I've been looking into an RE and the closest one is 3 hours away! If I felt confident that my OB was monitoring appropriately, would it be a bad idea to go through my OB?
  • Options
    @splashmountain So I have a slightly different situation - I will be doing IVF out of state and having a local doctor monitor me. My out of state RE said I could have my local OB monitor me (as opposed to my local RE with no bedside manner), if they could do follicular US's. So it's not a matter of just doing a TV US, they have to have equipment sensitive enough for follicular US's and experience doing them. I'd call your OB and ask if that's something he/she does regularly. 
  • Options
    Thank you @ruby696 I will definitely ask her about the follicular u/s. I am willing to travel if I need to, but it would be much easier to stay here. 
  • Options
    @splashmountain The problem with doing Clomid through an OB comes down to monitoring and limits. Basically, RE's tend to do a LOT of monitoring and testing, to ensure that the Clomid is/is not working the way that it should, that it is being given in the correct amount for YOU, and that it it is allowing you to ovulate and ovulate well withOUT causing you to release a TON of eggs (think Octo-mom). If you aren't being monitored enough, it's basically a shot in the dark where you could be taking meds that aren't even going to be effective OR could end up with too many viable eggs which would not lead to a healthy PG for any of them.  The other problem then is the CLomid Limit.  Last I heard, you're limited to basically 6 cycles of Clomid EVER because of the strength of the drug.  Therefore, if you're not being monitored closely enough for it to be effective for the results YOU specifically need, then you're just gambling on a dosage of the drug and hoping for the best, ruining one or more of the few precious cycles you get with the aid of Clomid.

But it is really up to you. IF you feel that your OB will be doing the tests and monitoring and trigger shots and whatever else comes with the Clomid, rather than just handing you a half-baked guess of "sure, take this... see you if you get  BFP!" then go for it...  but if not, do you really want to waste your few available chances with this medication?
  • Options
    @dpchickens thank you for all your information. From what I've seen when looking into it online, is that yes, 6 cycles is still the max. And that's kind of what I'm worried about, I feel like she was quick to offer clomid and I feel like if I pushed for monitoring, then she would, but I don't want to waste it if that's not what I need right now. 

Honestly, I love my ob, but I just don't know how much I trust her for this type of thing. I think I've been avoiding the RE not only because I don't want to travel, but I just never thought I'd need one, heck I've gotten ku 3 times on my own, but this month marks 12 since my last pregnancy so it's time.
  • Options
    40momma40momma member
    edited June 2019
    Saw my dr today. Did a pap and running blood tests. She suspects I had an anovulation cycle and as soon as my body realized I didn't ovulate I shed my lining right away. Doesn't make alot of sense and she was pretty confused with it as well. See what happens with the blood tests and what my cycle does next month. I've never used OPKs before but I think I will just to see what the hell my body is doing 
  • Options
    @40momma sorry you’re going through all that! It’s so frustrating not knowing what’s going on with you’re body! Hopefully you’ll get some answers with the blood work!
  • Options
    @40momma good luck with the blood work. I'm glad you were able to get in to your doctor. Hopefully you'll get some answers soon.
  • Options
    @40momma hopefully it’s just anovulatory cycle.  I hope you get answers soon.  
  • Options
    @40momma Sorry for the frustration. Hopefully this was just one random an-O cycle and you’ll have a regular cycle with ovulation next time. 
  • Options
    @kaeineurope Hope you are doing well. You popped into my head today.