February 2020 Moms

Pregnant Again Right After Miscarriage

Hi! I certainly was not expecting to be back on pregnancy apps and chats so quickly after having my first pregnancy end in miscarriage on 5/18 (I was 5.5 weeks), but here I am after taking three pregnancy tests this morning!

I didn't know how my body would come back from the miscarriage but apparently everything still works just fine. My hcg was negative again on 5/28 after the miscarriage. We were planning on waiting a few months to try again and I wasn't sure if my cycle would go back to normal. I did not have a period last week as I predicted but thought maybe it was just my body readjusting. I have been feeling a little off the last two weeks, but also just figured that was my body readjusting.

I took a test this morning and it was positive...so I took two other different kinds just to be sure! Each one is clearly positive! I'm not sure how to calculate my due date since I haven't had a regular period since the miscarriage, but if I go from the start of the miscarriage then I am 5 weeks today.

I'm not sure if this happens to other women often, but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this quick of a turnaround from miscarriage to pregnancy. I'm excited but also terrified that this pregnancy could end in miscarriage too. I've always dreamed of being a mom and I hope that it works out this time. Any words of wisdom and positive thoughts are greatly appreciated ❤

Re: Pregnant Again Right After Miscarriage

• I had a miscarriage May 6th (8weeks) with no period returning yet. I got my Bfp this past Monday. I was charting temps so I know when I ovulated. I have seen it happen with several other women on other boards. Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy!
  • I had a miscarriage march of 2015 by May of 2015 I was pregnant again! My daughter was born healthy Jan 2016! The only thing my midwife was concerned about was that I was pretty anemic at the beginning of my pregnancy because I experienced a lot of blood loss during my miscarriage but it didn’t cause any problems during my new pregnancy. I just had to take iron supplements. 

Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Same as @wheresmyjam47, except MC in Jan 2017 and positive test Mar 2017. Anemia and some unexplained preterm labor issues in third trimester, but I actually went a week past my due date and was induced. Good luck! Join the PGAL thread.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • I lost my baby in March has a d and c at 12 weeks on April 2. Now 7 weeks pregnant! Can’t say I’m as excited this pregnancy, way more anxious but trying to stay positive!
  • ***lurking from Jan BMB***

I had a MC at 5 wks at the end of March which didn't last long, we did our thing and fairly soon after I realized I was pregnant and got my BFP, it was hard to stay positive but now I'm almost 13 weeks, so it's definitely possible.
  • I had a missed miscarriage that I found out about at my 8 week appointment on 3/28. D&C 4/1, and BFP on 5/29. Currently 8+5 and saw a heartbeat yesterday. Feeling better after seeing a heartbeat because I didn't get to see one last time, but I'm still very anxious. 
  • @gerlam5 Our stories are very similar! My d&c was on 4/1 and I'm 8+5. 
  • Super similar! I am 8 weeks 2 days :) have my 9 week aptmt next week and 🤞🏽 For heartbeat still (we saw one at 6 weeks because I was having bleeding)