Trying to Get Pregnant

First time in two years

Hello everyone!
My hubby and I have been trying to have a baby for almost 2.5 years. In 2017 my hubby said he was finally ready to have another kiddo in the house (my son [his stepson] is 11atm). So we started getting busy!
However, my cycles became super irregular, at times not having a cycle for months, and twice sent me to the er for a blood transfusion (I had bled for 92 days straight). My ultrasounds were fairly normal (thin endo with a subcentimeter fibroid not affecting the endo). I just wasn't ovulating. 
I had enough, I went to my ObGyn out of pure desperation and depression,  and said I was having trouble.
So last month I got prescribed clomid and metformin to help me ovulate. And today I got a positive opk! First time in almost 2.5 years to ovulate! Wish me luck?

Re: First time in two years

• b_1029b_1029 member
    Hello everyone!
    My hubby and I have been trying to have a baby for almost 2.5 years. In 2017 my hubby said he was finally ready to have another kiddo in the house (my son [his stepson] is 11atm). So we started getting busy!
    However, my cycles became super irregular, at times not having a cycle for months, and twice sent me to the er for a blood transfusion (I had bled for 92 days straight). My ultrasounds were fairly normal (thin endo with a subcentimeter fibroid not affecting the endo). I just wasn't ovulating. 
    I had enough, I went to my ObGyn out of pure desperation and depression,  and said I was having trouble.
    So last month I got prescribed clomid and metformin to help me ovulate. And today I got a positive opk! First time in almost 2.5 years to ovulate! Wish me luck?
  • Loading the player...
  • @mrskatattack we do things a little differently than the other boards. We have a Newbie Intro thread to do introductions. Introduce yourself there and start participating in our daily threads so we can get to know you!

Also, please use *TW* when mentioning children as many of us have never conceived or have had miscarriages. There are a couple of threads pinned at the top of this board that will cover what I've mentioned and more in terms of how to navigate here and how we like to operate as a community. Congrats on the positive OPK though 🙂
    I thought I was in the introduction!  Whoops mobile is a little harder to navigate for me sorry.

As for the TW, the rule that I just reread said I didn't need a TW for children, (unless its stated some where else )I thought it was alright, but again sorry.
  • bows22bows22 member
    @mrskatattack that rule about no TW for children is if you are posting on the newbie intro thread. You want to type in the comment box in that thread and hit “post reply” versus hitting “new discussion” at the top
  • @mrskatattack welcome to the "the mobile app sucks" club 😆

One of the pinned threads talks about using TW for trigger topics, but I don't remember which has it. Only in the TFAS (trying for a sibling) threads are TWs not needed for children. Any maybe when people do intros? 🤔 Can't remember. Anyway, welcome!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @mrskatattack I’m going to tag you in the intro thread to help you find it. 

FWIW, I’m also on Metformin and Clomid and last cycle was my first O in a similar amount of time. I have PCOS. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20