October 2019 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Sound Machines

Sound machines. Do you need one? And if so, what works? What doesn't? What brands do you recommend? Sleep is important, y'all!

TTC History
Me: 38 DH: 52
Started trying June 2018
BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
TTC October 2021
BFP January 2022
MMC March 2022
Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

Re: Product Spotlight: Sound Machines

• Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    Sound machines are a must for us! I highly recommend the hatch baby- it can double as a night light, and when they’re older, you can program it as an okay to wake clock. 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    cmbt2 said:
    Sound machines are a must for us! I highly recommend the hatch baby- it can double as a night light, and when they’re older, you can program it as an okay to wake clock. 
    This is what we registered for! Obviously I have no experience with it yet and can't vouch for it, but I am so excited for it! It looks great.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We really like the Marpac Dohm. I got so used to it after months of having DD in our room that now we have one in our bedroom too. 

We have the Marpac Hushh for travel. We’ve only traveled with DD once (and it was essential!) but now DH and I use it on our own trips too because it helps block out all the unfamiliar hotel noise.

The other lifesaver, especially in the first 3 months or so, was the Happiest Baby on the Block soundtrack of white noise. We bought it on iTunes and it’s filled with tracks like “Strong Hair Dryer”. If we were out on a walk or driving and DD started screaming, I’d start up Strong Hair Dryer on my phone and she’d calm down long enough for us to get somewhere where I could feed her or change her diaper or fix whatever it was that she was crying about. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We currently use one that’s no longer in stock but I found a similar one (same brand and concept). We’ve had it (albeit the light burned out a few times in the past five years so we’ve been lucky to replace it before it was discontinued) since DS was born and he still sleeps with it. 

We are also looking into the Hatch for this next LO. 

TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Options
    galentine said:
    cmbt2 said:
    This is what we registered for! Obviously I have no experience with it yet and can't vouch for it, but I am so excited for it! It looks great.
    That's what we got! I registered for it and my work did an early shower for me when I had my big mid-year meeting with my team last week. This is one of the gifts we received. Happy to hear it comes highly recommended!
  • Options
    @greenbean-2 good to hear this because I’m registering for the Marpac Dohm. I’ll look into the travel one too - that sounds clutch. 
  • Options
    We also have the Marpac Dohm sound machine. DD is almost 3 and still insists we turn it on when she sleeps! 
  • Options
    I highly recommend a sound machine. I really recommend one with a nightlight! We're planning to get the hatch baby. @cmbt2 Is the hatch baby really bright? We have a graco one in DD1s room that I love, but she likes the night light on it and I feel like it's too bright. I think it makes her wake up early sometimes. She sleeps better when it's dark in her room. 
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    alinic916 said:
    I highly recommend a sound machine. I really recommend one with a nightlight! We're planning to get the hatch baby. @cmbt2 Is the hatch baby really bright? We have a graco one in DD1s room that I love, but she likes the night light on it and I feel like it's too bright. I think it makes her wake up early sometimes. She sleeps better when it's dark in her room. 
    You can adjust it and even turn the light off at night. It’s all done via their app, and I haven’t had issues with it in two years 🤷🏼‍♀️
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    We love the sound machine and still use it nightly with DS at 2.5 years. It has a small light on it too which helped with MOTN diaper changes when just a little light is necessary. 
  • Options
    I am 100% for sound machines and we use them for both kids every night.  I have the munchkin brand ones from target.  They have a night light on them too, but I love that it blocks out the noise from the dogs and the noisy street or neighbors at times and it helps the kids sleep. I would recommend using one! :)