November 2019 Moms

TTGP Grad Check-in 6.27

This is a check-in for those that were active in TTGP board before moving over here. Feel free to answer the questions or just make general conversation.   

What's going on this week? 

How far along are you?

Anyone have an appointment this week?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

GTKY: What is your favorite ice cream flavor? 
Me: 36  DH: 40
Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
   <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
<3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
Mirena out 1/23/24

Re: TTGP Grad Check-in 6.27

• klstone25klstone25 member
    edited June 2019
    What's going on this week? It's been a busy work week. Appointment tomorrow and I have a friend's bridal shower on Saturday. 

How far along are you? 21 weeks today! 

Anyone have an appointment this week? Checkup with the midwife tomorrow. 

Cravings/Symptoms? Not really.  Then again, I didn't really have many with DD either. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Sorry for being a terrible bumper lately. DD having HFM last week really threw things off. H and I had to completely rearrange our schedules since she had to be out of daycare all last week. She's finally recovered and I'm hoping things can get back to normal. 

Questions? None now. 

GTKY: What is your favorite ice cream flavor?  Chocolate chip cookie dough or cookies and cream. 

eta: typo

<3 DD born 7/16/17

<3 DS born 11/3/19 

Mirena out 1/23/24
  • @klstone25 I’ve been a bad bumper this week too. Have fun at the bridal shower this weekend, so you have to travel far for it?

What's going on this week? Been crazy at work and haven’t gotten on here as much as normal.

How far along are you? 21 weeks

Anyone have an appointment this week? Nope

Cravings/Symptoms? All the fruit. My nipples are really chapped, I think it’s from swimming on Tuesday because I noticed it yesterday. They hurt so bad, I had to put anti-chafe stuff my husband had on them this morning (it’s vitamin e, coconut oil and some other things)

Rants/Raves/Randoms? Rant is that I still am not really feeling much movement because of the anterior placenta. Rave- I ordered 7 maternity shirts from motherhood maternity on Friday and they came on Tuesday (6 of them were only $10) and it’s so nice to finally have shirts that fit comfortably! 

Questions? Anyone else crazy hungry all the time?

GTKY: What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Either vanilla (I know boring but I love a nice creamy vanilla) or blackberry 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kopp5988 It's local, only about a 30 minute drive at most.  And yes, I am hungry all the time!  

<3 DD born 7/16/17

<3 DS born 11/3/19 

Mirena out 1/23/24
  • What's going on this week? Not too much, finishing up some projects for work and looking forward to some outside time this weekend.

How far along are you? 21+4

Anyone have an appointment this week? Nothing until July 11, which just be a regular OB appointment.

Cravings/Symptoms? Still craving ice cream.. getting some back pain and just still generally exhausted.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? I feel like I'm on here a lot since work has been kind of slow (it slows down a lot over the summer), but it's sort of slow in this group I think. I've been using the time at work to do work on my side gig, which is also nice. I also ordered a tank maternity dress off amazon that came the other day, and I'm wearing it today. It's pretty good (not the best quality), but didn't want to spend a lot of $$ on something I'll only wear for a couple months. For what it is I'm happy with it. Also thinking that this weekend I might start going through the onesies I have from DS and washing the ones I'll be keeping. We went very gender neutral so unless I accidentally kept something with a huge stain it will likely be almost all of them. Oh! I scheduled a prenatal massage on Saturday. I'm soooooo excited for that.

Questions? not right now

GTKY: What is your favorite ice cream flavor?  Such a good question since I am still craving ice cream, haha. My all time favorite has to be strawberry. I also love blackberry @kopp5988, so delicious.

@kopp5988 I'm starving almost all the time! Constantly thinking about food. I'm glad you got some good shirts from MM!

@klstone25 I'm glad DD has recovered from HFM! That is one thing DS has never had, although it is around daycare all the time, so I know its only a matter of time likely.
  • @creamcheeseplease I just had a prenatal massage on Tuesday and it was pure heaven. I hope you enjoy yours this weekend. I also hope that you are successful in continuing to avoid HFM. It was awful and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. 

<3 DD born 7/16/17

<3 DS born 11/3/19 

Mirena out 1/23/24
  • @klstone25 HFM is awful! The last time my kids had it we were down for 3 weeks. I was exhausted! 

@kopp5988 that's awesome you got a good deal on those shirts. Maternity clothes are soooooo comfy! I don't understand why some women don't ever wear them. 

@creamcheeseplease enjoy your massage. I still haven't got one even though I had one scheduled. We just ran out of time with the packing for me to go get it. 

*TW* 
    Ladies, Kurtni posted in PGAL this morning. Her post will likely not be seen by our entire board but I feel like she needs some support right now, which is the only reason I'm sharing this. 
  • edited June 2019
    @emeraldcity1214 oh no.. I just went over pgal and read her post. It would be okay for me to post there just to say how sorry I am to hear her news, or no? 

ETA- I see Ababymarshall posted there even though she doesn't participate in that thread so I'm going to do so as well. 

• @creamcheeseplease enjoy your prenatal massage this weekend! I need to find a place near me that does them. 

@emeraldcity1214 agreed! I’m so happy to be out of the in between where they were too big but my regular clothes were uncomfortable and too tight. My husband said he wants a pair a maternity pants after seeing mine lol. 

Ugh my heart hurts so much for Kurtni 
  • @kopp5988 mine does too. It is so unfair that this is happening to her. 
  • I can't wait until I can start unpacking boxes today. I want to get the kids bedrooms done first. I have found that they settle faster and easier when their personal space looks and feels familiar. 
  • My massage was great! Highly recommend, although it was pricey but I'd like to try to schedule one more sometime in early September when things will probably really hurt, ha. 

@emeraldcity1214 I hope the kids rooms are coming along!

I was thinking about Kurtni all weekend too. I wish there was something I could do, but of course there is nothing.
  • @creamcheeseplease I haven't even started in their rooms. I have been unloading kitchen stuff this entire time and my kitchen is still a mess. DH put their beds together yesterday and I'm hoping to get some blackout curtains up since the sun basically doesn't fully set right now. It just gets to the brightness of dusk and then the sun starts coming back up a few hours later. 

I have also been thinking about Kurtni and her delivery of her precious Angel. My heart aches so much for her. I hope she reaches out to the TTCAL board. Those ladies were my rock after my loss.