October 2019 Moms

June Maternity/Baby Steals & Deals

Re: June Maternity/Baby Steals & Deals

• Loading the player...
  • Walmart also gives registry gift box. Ours came in a few weeks ago but I haven't really invested it. Will post a pick when I go home for lunch today.
  • Our Walmart added in a maternity section! I found shorts WITH ACTUAL POCKETS. they're 16 buck, but I paid 25 for my target ones and my targets are Bermudas, these are short shorts.  Gonna be getting them lol I need to find a new swim suit too 😔

• Okay, here is what was in the Walmart registry gift: 

The blueish & clear package in the center has a couple if BM bags, breast pads, and a pacifier in it. Everything else is straight forward.
  • @meagan-t Now that's a good box...i'm tempted to get one myself...
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    Maybe I should hit order on my Babylist box... I’ve heard mixed things about theirs!
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • cmbt2 said:
    Maybe I should hit order on my Babylist box... I’ve heard mixed things about theirs!
    The things I saw didn't give me a lot of hope that they'd be worth it, but I decided to try anyway. I'm really glad I did!
    DD 10/2019
  • I shared in randoms too, but thought I should add it here! Wildbird is having a sale on ring slings until June 5th at 11 MDT, 20% off and free shipping with the code luvvipeeps! 
  • jal88144jal88144 member
    edited June 2019
    Am I the only TTM+ to be making baby registries (even though I need nothing) to get the free samples?!  :D

ETA:  I did make them private so friends/family don't happen to stumble into them! lol 
  • jal88144 said:
    Am I the only TTM+ to be making baby registries (even though I need nothing) to get the free samples?!  :D

ETA:  I did make them private so friends/family don't happen to stumble into them! lol 
    I made two registries, for the free stuff and the completion coupon!  My youngest is 5 so we need some  new stuff.
  • jal88144 said:

I made two registries, for the free stuff and the completion coupon!  My youngest is 5 so we need some  new stuff.
    Oh that makes me feel better about starting a registry just for the freebies and coupons haha. I was hesitant since I'm a STM but that one registry box has some really cool stuff, and we can totally use coupons!
  • edited June 2019
    I have all the registries. Private. For all the free stuff! I'm actually planning to do the baby list one too but haven't yet.
  • Cass005Cass005 member
    edited June 2019
    What is this baby list one? Is it just Babylist.com?

edited: Nevermind I found it :smile:
  • I don't plan to use babylist because of "the Olds" and the large amount of technically un-savvy people invited to my showers. That being said, is there any reason I couldn't start Babylist after my showers are over, just to get the freebie box?
  • Glad I'm not alone! 
  • edited June 2019
    galentine said:
    I don't plan to use babylist because of "the Olds" and the large amount of technically un-savvy people invited to my showers. That being said, is there any reason I couldn't start Babylist after my showers are over, just to get the freebie box?
    I don't know if I'm even going to use BabyList (you can mark your list private so it can't be found), but I might. I only had to add six items in total to qualify for the box (three from BabyList, three from other stores). It was pretty quick and may be worth it if you have some time to do it.

ETA: I haven't done this yet, but I believe you can import your registries from other sites as well. That way you can always lead people to one central location or the individual stores. We did that for our wedding and it worked fairly well (despite the site we used not being super great).
    DD 10/2019
  • Macy's is having another Friends & Family sale so 30% off a lot of good stuff! Not so much baby gear but clothes for your LO and maternity, diaper bags, blankets, some feeding accessories. I would definitely check it out!!
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• galentine said:
    I don't plan to use babylist because of "the Olds" and the large amount of technically un-savvy people invited to my showers. That being said, is there any reason I couldn't start Babylist after my showers are over, just to get the freebie box?
    haha this would totally be my family too. I know a lot of them still like to go into a store to pick it out as well. 
  • So is the consensus that Amazon has the best free box?? BBB and Babylist didn't give out free boxes when i registered 4.5 years ago (I got a welcome bag that was full of coupons, but no swaddle blankets, organic onesies, etc.) I was going to register again at BBB just for myself since we need some new gear and they give 15% off for you to complete your own registry + you can use BBB coupons. BUT sounds like Amazon is the move. 
  • Idk if this qualifies, but I’ve been buying quite a bit of things from Kohl’s. I bought a stroller then they had Kohl’s cash and I just keep using Kohl’s cash as a discount. It really adds up when buying things like strollers and car seats. 
  • @junebabyh I think the BabyList one was miles better than the Amazon one, though both are good. Buy Buy Baby gives a welcome bag too, but it's probably on the lesser side when compared to the other two I have received (Amazon and BabyList).
    DD 10/2019
  • cmbt2cmbt2 member
    Idk if this qualifies, but I’ve been buying quite a bit of things from Kohl’s. I bought a stroller then they had Kohl’s cash and I just keep using Kohl’s cash as a discount. It really adds up when buying things like strollers and car seats. 
    Make sure you check the prices, though. Their sale prices aren’t always the best, so while it may seem like it’s a good deal, the items may be cheaper elsewhere. 

That said, I generally buy my kids clothes there when they do 30% off with the card sales and where I get my vacuums 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • jal88144jal88144 member
    edited June 2019
    @junebabyh did you get one with amazon? I tried but apparently since I made my first registry back in 2012 it wouldn't offer me a free box this time.  :/

EDIT- Oh wait, disregard- I didn't realize they take off the $35.00 at checkout! 
  • Good to know @jal88144 and @meagan-t ...I didn't love BabyList last time I registered, but I am sure they've made improvements over the past 4.5 years. I am kind of addicted to Amazon prime. It's just TOO easy. ;)   But I will look into BL again.
  • I agree that the Amazon box was pretty good.  I got the same things as the other ladies who have posted and I got mine 3 or 4 weeks ago.
  • For anyone looking for a reasonably priced double stroller, I saw this one on sale online at Target.com for $106.59! It's the Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller in the Elixer (purple) color. I think you have to order it, but it seems like a decent deal for those needing/wanting a double stroller who are on a budget.

https://www.target.com/p/baby-trend-sit-n-stand-double-stroller-elixer/-/A-12443135
    DD 10/2019
  • @cmbt2 True! That’s actually how I found they had my stroller! I was checking prices online and saw it was the same there, plus I got $70 Kohl’s cash back. That’s what started this vicious cycle! Then I bought a car seat base using the Kohl’s cash for part of it and got more Kohl’s cash and it happened to come the same time as my yes to you rewards. My mom used The Kohl’s cash and rewards towards the car seat, but since the rewards were under my name we bought it from my account and I got even more Kohl’s cash. I would have never guessed they had the stroller and car seat I wanted, but since the brands don’t qualify for coupons any place I’ve seen, it’s ended up a pretty good deal, I hope!
  • If anyone has a BJs wholesale club near by they have a Nature Made vitamin coupon for $3 off. I got 150 prenatal vitamins for $17. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • Here is a highly rated Graco car seat for $117.29 shipped, before tax, if anyone is interested. Use code SALE25 in the cart to get it to this price. It's the Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat. It looks like the sale goes to June 29.

Here's the link: https://www.gracobaby.com/en-US/2032087
    DD 10/2019
  • We loovvveee our extend2fits!! We have 2 for DS1 (one for my car and one for MILs because she takes him once a week) and plan to eventually have 2 for DS2 as well! 
  • Ttm here, I made a few registries and went and revived a few from my daughter. I'm set on clothes and most of the needed baby things, except the big stuff. I gotta get the crib/changer combo I want and get a dresser for this baby and a glider. But we have a bassinet so I can wait a bit for the crib. Mainly input things I know I'll want later in the registries 😂

• Boohoo is 50 percent off everything and you can add an additional promo code at checkout (I used NCUST60 for 10 percent off).

I don't know how it'll be yet, but with free returns and cute clothes I'm giving it a shot.