July 2019 Moms

35 weeks and baby hiccups

Hi all, I've been getting baby hiccups 3 times a day now. Anyone experiencing this? I gave my ultrasound on Monday but I'm wondering if I should call my doctor today because I just read that it could be am umbilical cord problem. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you. 

Re: 35 weeks and baby hiccups

• I'm almost 36 weeks and we have had an ultrasound monthly due to cervical issues. My sweet little one has hiccups daily, she even had them at while we did the last ultrasound. The tech didn't seem concerned. 
  • Hiccups are totally normal! Babies are practicing breathing in there and get them as a result. I’m not sure where you read that but we all have baby hiccups. 
  • Loading the player...
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    MOST ANNOYING FEELING EVER
    totally normal, unfortunately.
  • Stay away from Dr Google!

DS hiccuped frequently.. and when he came out, he had hiccups all the time, he still does at age 5! Totally normal though! 
  • I joke that she is a drunken sailor in there with the amount of hiccups she has. super normal, my Dr. even says to count them as part of my 10 movements in 2 hrs.
  • Mine hiccups like twice a day by now... very normal. My last baby did the same
  • All 5 of my babies had hiccups till the very end. Totally normal.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • As if pregnancy isn't stressful enough, the internet now has people stressing over baby hiccupping too much?! If you're that worried, talk to a real dr not dr Google🙄
  • edited June 2019
    I have the same issue and when googling if I was infactf hiccups, I came across the same info you did. I asked my doctor and she said it's normal! 
    FTM
    July 4th